• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 102 World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/22/2018 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that as of each shard’s normal maintenance beginning October 23, 2018 Publish 102 will be deployed world wide. You can read all about the latest changes in the Publish 102 patch notes. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I just say that This is a Publish...
community.istaria.com -- News -- A Growing Danger
There are about 4 of them per year and numerous patches through-out.
The dev's are accessible at most time of the day on Discord and although their are only 4 of them they do an amazing job along with the volunteers that are doing an Unreal engine upgrade behind the scenes.
This is also an old game of spaghetti code due to different owners but they don't use that as an excuse like Broadsword do.

Patch 102 is now going live and it looks like patch 103 is only a repeat contest and a few bug fixes, the only ones that look like they are actually "working" for UO are the contracted designers.....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And with her dissing Draconi, publicly, just floors me.

He put out some awesome stuff, not just grinds....but I guess we get what we pay for
Where did this happen at? Might just be time to end my UO days for good. That man did more for UO than that lousy witch ever will.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the latest Meet & Greet

Mylene: second, my constituents were bugging me for not mentioning it before - our brit bank design was one of the earliest though took
Mylene: long to implement. Other shards got moongates we didn't realize were an option. can we get one, even if behind the
Mylene: guard shack nearby
Mesanna: ok stop
Mesanna: if you want to complain then find Draconi he is the one started that contest
Mesanna: just because he dropped the ball and I had to pick it up
Mesanna: if the design did not include a moongate it did not get one
Mesanna: we got to the designs as fast as possible
Mesanna: so basically you want a moongate
Mesanna: ?
Mesanna: right?
Mylene: Yes. my fellow players want one, and even if I don't really care one way or the other. But they ask me as britain governor.
Mylene: even somewhere like behind the guard building away from bank would be okay

Mesanna: when I have time I will place one

Mylene: thank you. it will make them happy and hopefully increase traffic there

Mesanna: have a good evening

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That woman's class is about as good as her manners.... seriously lacking.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, don't think Draconi dropped anything...iirc he got dropped, not the other way around.

If EA/Mythic/ BS/ ,nameofthemonth/ had some of the real talent back, that they have tossed aside...wow would we be living high

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She should have just said:

Mesanna: when I have time I will place one

Why bring up Draconi? He is the reason we have these seasonal events. He wanted us to have colors and change some of the static structures. Playing on Test Center was FUN when Draconi was in there playing with us. She is complaining because he was able to code fun into the game and she cant keep up?

One of my favorite items:

upload_2018-10-23_16-2-43.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love the new rewards. I asked Kyronix for new rewards and Animals to be tossed in and he has done it twice.

:cheerleader:Thanks @Kyronix :cheerleader:

Love the new creatures!

upload_2018-10-23_16-52-49.png

Love the rewards!!!!!

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It amazes me people still pay for this game, the publishes they are pushing are just so pathetic. Yay another house design contest? Like honestly what content have they put in this game in the last couple years? This design team is terrible, they scrapped EVERYTHING they promised at the 20 year anniversary party (VvV update, High Seas 2). I really can't wait for this game to get shut down, what is happening is a complete disgrace to those who built this game. Pretty soon all of their time is going to be consumed designing new **** they sell in the origin store, instead of catering to the average subscriber.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, I think she was misconstruing what was being asked. We didn't mind our bank design as it is, BUT... we were one of the first submits and as such did not know what was fully allowed. Things happened (including EA's laying off Draconi and other RIGHT AS he was getting ready to test a new RNG, after he'd finally found out WHY the RNG for UO was so bad for streaks - and we still use the bad one 9 years later), and ours showed up later than many of the others...

...causing many from other shards to think we'd half-assed our design on LA, when in fact it was one of the more primitive because it had been inferred wrongly to us when we asked that half the stuff that ended up as COMMON with other shards' WBB designs (a moongate in the area, steps going up a side allowing roof access, etc.) were not possible.

That the design seemingly sucked in comparison to others (especially in the eyes of new arrivals from other shards) is not what I was asking about, but that's what Mesanna seemed to have heard, probably out of fatigue and the fact she'd just had a client crash, connection fail, or something equivalent that disconnected her, and that when she logged back in had BOOTED HER DOWNSTAIRS ONE FLOOR on logging back in, and she had to run from downstairs back to the main room. She wasn't a happy camper at that point.

All I was asking is if we could get a gate somewhere around WBB like many of the other shards have (and as I said, it was others wanting it more than I - all of my characters have been traveling under their own power since 2003, not needing recall scrolls).

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I was stupid, I spent a lot of hours hunting for the Huntsman Quest only to have all mine erased and the deeds are now unusable. I'm sorry, but I spent hours and hours and more hours hunting the big stuff and to get it just erased is just totally unfair. I understand erasing it but WHY were we only now told it was wiped and before now not a word that it was going to happen or did I just not read it? Just stupid me assuming logic would be used huh?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
but that's what Mesanna seemed to have heard, probably out of fatigue and the fact she'd just had a client crash, connection fail, or something equivalent that disconnected her
I say this with all due respect to the current development team.

I do think Mesanna is disconnected at this point.

She's very defensive, doesn't allow players to complete their thought and tries to guess (many times wrongly) what players are trying to ask. I understand the player base has probably contributed to this, she is probably mentally fatigued dealing with such a needy player base. How many times do they have to be pestered for the same things over and over (bod book item count/weight).

I almost wish she would take a break from the meet and greets, try to recharge, and allow Kyronix to run them.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I was stupid, I spent a lot of hours hunting for the Huntsman Quest only to have all mine erased and the deeds are now unusable. I'm sorry, but I spent hours and hours and more hours hunting the big stuff and to get it just erased is just totally unfair. I understand erasing it but WHY were we only now told it was wiped and before now not a word that it was going to happen or did I just not read it? Just stupid me assuming logic would be used huh?
Not much of a notice, but it was posted 11 days ago.

Huntmaster’s Challenge
The Huntmaster’s Challenge has been updated with new trophies & new rewards!

New Prey

• Raptor
  • Sea Serpent
  • Scorpion
New Rewards

• Cooking Recipes – 45 minimum cooking skill via Barbecue
    • Hamburger – bread, raw ribs, head of lettuce
    • Hot Dog – bread, sausage
    • Sausage – ham, dried herbs
  • Miner’s Satchel – 50% Weight Reduction, holds ore, ingots, granite, and saltpeter
  • Lumberjack’s Satchel – 50% Weight Reduction, holds logs and boards
  • Harvester’s Axe – magically transforms logs into boards, can be recharged with a runed switch
Note that all current contests will be reset when Publish 102 is deployed to each shard.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <snip> ... I understand the player base has probably contributed to this, she is probably mentally fatigued dealing with such a needy player base. How many times do they have to be pestered for the same things over and over (bod book item count/weight). ... <snip> ...
We wouldn't be so bad if EA or someone threw bodies at this game to take the pressure off the Devs.

However ... bashing on Draconi behind his (now gone) back was just plain low.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
she is probably mentally fatigued dealing with such a needy player base. How many times do they have to be pestered for the same things over and over (bod book item count/weight).
Well, maybe if she is being bothered about the same things over and over, she might want to move towards fixing those items so people will shutup.

People been on about bod books, etc, for years. Nothing happens. Instead they do things like change the runebook designs, screw up Shadowguard, change the phoenix, make rainbow unicorns and rideable lizard peacocks.

Did we need new reward and trophies for the hunt challenge? Sure. Was it an emergency that needed patched in mid month wip[ing everyone's points and couldn't wait till end of month when they normally reset anyway? No. Poor decision. Can't defend it.

Might want to listen to different people once in a while, and fix the things that are really wrong instead of just throwing another shiny on the pile.

And as for her talking trash about that deal with Draconi and the banks, How smooth is that castle/keep thing working out for her? lol

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even a lot of the fanboi have started bucking now. And meanwhile, houses keep dropping...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I say this with all due respect to the current development team.

I do think Mesanna is disconnected at this point.

She's very defensive, doesn't allow players to complete their thought and tries to guess (many times wrongly) what players are trying to ask. I understand the player base has probably contributed to this, she is probably mentally fatigued dealing with such a needy player base. How many times do they have to be pestered for the same things over and over (bod book item count/weight).

I almost wish she would take a break from the meet and greets, try to recharge, and allow Kyronix to run them.
Actually what they need which we have said countless times is a community liaison... Someone who listens to the pancakes, whining and moaning of the player base... takes out all the pancakes and whining and moaning... gathers up what the majority of players are having issues with, want fixed or changed, feel needs improved... as well as the really best of the idea's and such and puts them into a list of things without all the blame, shaming and etc... so that she can objectively look at things without getting drowned in grief having her ego bruised or whatever...

If you look at the way players talk to her it's a wonder she doesn't just show up kill everyone in the area and then remove all the healers... Turn players into slimes... etc...

Wouldn't blame her sometimes... not that I am defending her but honestly, she is doing the best she can with what she has... and like all of us... she is a person... a human... an imperfect bundle of nerves and reflexes... And we are stepping on most of them every day...

Edit: And OMG I think I just picked up a pair of freaking pom poms... *runs away*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@MalagAste put those pom-poms down and step away before someone gets hurt! I do agree with you it's a thankless task, but that's why it needs to be handled by someone with more professionalism and less emotion. Kyronix manages to stay polite and professional no matter what people say to him, he is a much better choice to handle these 'meet and greet's' the man is unflappable! After all the art of leadership should be delegation....

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't Draconi the one who had the idea to blow up a whole town resulting in magincia being burned to rubble that could be collected? Man this was fun, especially on the fel side. Got my stealth char there trying to collect rubble pieces always on the run of mobs and/or reds. And concerning the rubble - you knever knew what items would turn to rubble! Still loving the pieces I collected then. Great story, greatly done, absolute fun. Liked him much, was a fun guy.

I think Draconi was a great game designer. Others to mention are Wilki (still someone remembering him?), TheGrimmOmen and also Leurocian (some folks are running around with the luck mempo not knowing why it is named that way).

UO had great talents, and not to forget, there are still talented ppl on this game. Sadly some manpower is missing I suppose to do really great steps forward.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I remember....

MemoryPumpkins.jpg

(Of course Faine is in there because she was an AMAZING EM! )

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wasn't Draconi the one who had the idea to blow up a whole town resulting in magincia being burned to rubble that could be collected? Man this was fun, especially on the fel side. Got my stealth char there trying to collect rubble pieces always on the run of mobs and/or reds. And concerning the rubble - you knever knew what items would turn to rubble! Still loving the pieces I collected then. Great story, greatly done, absolute fun. Liked him much, was a fun guy.

I think Draconi was a great game designer. Others to mention are Wilki (still someone remembering him?), TheGrimmOmen and also Leurocian (some folks are running around with the luck mempo not knowing why it is named that way).

UO had great talents, and not to forget, there are still talented ppl on this game. Sadly some manpower is missing I suppose to do really great steps forward.
That's probably the single worst thing any UO Team did... IMO... The turning of Magincia into the trailer park it is today... It's hideously ugly... I miss the city. Anyone who tried to defend the city, as someone who was virtuous should have done, was instantly an enemy of everyone...with all the greed it was impossible to"do the right thing"the city would fall despite the efforts to defend it. Can't recall the team that gave us the destruction of Haven into the sad whatever we have today... Many of us miss the old Haven... the beautiful bridge we lost and many other things lost when they redid the island.

I remember Wilki.... and GrimmOmen... CatHat and so many more but Draconi had a far larger team than Mesanna has. Probably had at least 10X the budget as well...

And yes @ShriNayne more professionalism... but then Draconi and company also had a community Liason...I believe Mesanna is a Type A personality as well... and they don't delegate well... as they are more of a hand in every pie sort. Want it done right must do it yourself... but I think she's learning to let go some.

Again not that I want to be a pom pom waver but that "golden" era of UO is long gone and we all miss it... I'm sure the Team does as well. Face it for a team that is left on EA maintenance mode they are doing some pretty amazing things with a very limited budget... and staff. Remember as well Mesanna CHOSE to stay with UO... despite EA moving them from Austin to CA... Chose to stay when they outted them from CA clear across the US of A to Virginia a short while later... She stayed... also she was just a QA tester when she started... I don't know... I think she's trying her best for a game she really cares for.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's probably the single worst thing any UO Team did... IMO... The turning of Magincia into the trailer park it is today... It's hideously ugly... I miss the city.
Not sure that can be blamed on him...he told us we would have a say in the rebuild, but again, he got cut before he could finish

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's probably the single worst thing any UO Team did... IMO... The turning of Magincia into the trailer park it is today... It's hideously ugly... I miss the city. Anyone who tried to defend the city, as someone who was virtuous should have done, was instantly an enemy of everyone...with all the greed it was impossible to"do the right thing"the city would fall despite the efforts to defend it. Can't recall the team that gave us the destruction of Haven into the sad whatever we have today... Many of us miss the old Haven... the beautiful bridge we lost and many other things lost when they redid the island.

Again not that I want to be a pom pom waver but that "golden" era of UO is long gone and we all miss it... I'm sure the Team does as well. Face it for a team that is left on EA maintenance mode they are doing some pretty amazing things with a very limited budget... and staff. Remember as well Mesanna CHOSE to stay with UO... despite EA moving them from Austin to CA... Chose to stay when they outted them from CA clear across the US of A to Virginia a short while later... She stayed... also she was just a QA tester when she started... I don't know... I think she's trying her best for a game she really cares for.
I don't think that turning a city to rubble (which u couldn't prevent the mobs of doing so even on tram side) would necessarily mean that u can only build it up in the ugly way it is now. You could have even made a community thing out of "rebuilding magincia old style", but they didn't, for what reason ever. Same for Heaven. And I agree to your words concerning the team today. I also think they are really good, despite others may disagree. I don't think that u can do lot more with just so few hands on deck, and it still is impressing, at least for a vet like me who is only coming back from time to time to give his chars some walk over familiar ground..

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree, destroying a city and replacing it should not be an excuse to make an ugly shanty town, Haven is hideous now. :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree, destroying a city and replacing it should not be an excuse to make an ugly shanty town, Haven is hideous now. :(
I still remember when Draconi gave me a peek at this video before they released it....it still gives me the goosebumps..

The destruction of Haven has a story...and as the shards collapsed and merged parts of other shards came together in one place...thus some old, run down buildings and some new, shiny ones....

It's a testament to history and needs to stay as it is.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Honestly I don't care about the story, they took a place that many people loved and made it look horrible. I cried when I saw it, proves they had no idea how people felt about their cities. No excuse at all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't recall the team that gave us the destruction of Haven into the sad whatever we have today... Many of us miss the old Haven... the beautiful bridge we lost and many other things lost when they redid the island.
I hate what was lost in it, but I blame myself for it.

You see, Some shards had worse Haven glitches than others. LA was one of the worst. I was at Gen Con in 2003 or 2004, EA had a booth there (and a meet and greet for UO players), and several of the UO devs were working the booth that day.

I asked Vex (later known as Phoenix) if I could borrow one of the UO demo computers to do my BOD runs. He said "sure" (no one was using them, and they wanted them used) so I logged in. After grabbing the BODs, I made good on a promise I made to my guildies, and called Vex and another dev, and showed them what was going on at LA's Haven. I showed them the really bad rubber-banding while on the trail for uzzeran's quests (the one to the hut, then the ones to the south), and how much worse it got as we got close to the hunting area and into the valley itself. They looked horrified - I don't think they'd ever seen it so bad when they were on their own computers, on their own shards/TCs. I mentioned the one time I sat talking to a guildmate and his nightmare on the road to the valley, not getting any response, then suddenly have them disappear - and he appearing coming up the road from the south. I had somehow encountered a ghost image of them from 15-30 minutes before, that was on the SERVER side - I'd not been on Haven's sub-server when he was last at the spot I thought he was standing at, so it couldn't have been a client-side ghost image. Hell, the fake nightmare's health bar changed as I sat there (having pulled their bars, hoping to hunt together), from the damage and healing happening to the real one in the valley where he was training it.

Apparently, that led the dev team as a whole into looking into what was causing the glitches that were being reported in Haven, but were almost un-noticeable to the devs using their better connections. What they found was that the Haven code had been mangled from the start, wasn't really fixable, and to "fix" it would mean rebuilding the island from scratch instead of heavily modifying the original Ocllo code again. IT was at that point, around 2006, someone got the bright idea of "blowing it up" and replacing it with "New Haven".

If I'd known what my demonstration was going to put in motion, I'd have kept my mouth shut.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were making the first shard wide events. They were very popular but they decided it would be better to use a dungeon instead of a city.

They did some fun events on Test Center. The developers still announce when they will be on Test Center for us to critique the changes. @Larisa and I share the same collection of pumpkins we chose to keep forever.

We have to talk to them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The problem is some of the things people whine about are not and shouldn't be priorities. But they still insist on them. I think of people's whine's about bod books weight/item count being akin to Mervyn's pets logging out obsession. All the answers given over the years just weren't good enough and the issue is brought up repeatedly, multiple times. It wasn't broken, people just wanted it to work differently, to work more in their favor so they can hoard more. I've seen people bringing it up years ago and them saying no, yet it's still brought up at countless meet and greets. (this is just examples of behavior that could drive one batty)

Actually what they need which we have said countless times is a community liaison... Someone who listens to the pancakes, whining and moaning of the player base... takes out all the pancakes and whining and moaning... gathers up what the majority of players are having issues with, want fixed or changed, feel needs improved... as well as the really best of the idea's and such and puts them into a list of things without all the blame, shaming and etc... so that she can objectively look at things without getting drowned in grief having her ego bruised or whatever...
I agree with you there. I see what people say to her in game, on stratics, and it can be pretty horrible. Especially since some of the attacks are very personal. No reason for that. I can see why she has a tendency to be defensive.

A community liaison would help her maintain her sanity, filter out the nonsense and bring up suggestions and issues that need addressing. Unfortunately I don't see that happening and that is a bit sad, because I still think this game can flourish.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No pom poms for me. I see her destroying the game I once loved to to play and she deserves every damn negative response thrown her way.

What's that old saying? Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen? :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem is some of the things people whine about are not and shouldn't be priorities. But they still insist on them. I think of people's whine's about bod books weight/item count being akin to Mervyn's pets logging out obsession. All the answers given over the years just weren't good enough and the issue is brought up repeatedly, multiple times. It wasn't broken, people just wanted it to work differently, to work more in their favor so they can hoard more. I've seen people bringing it up years ago and them saying no, yet it's still brought up at countless meet and greets. (this is just examples of behavior that could drive one batty)

I agree with you there. I see what people say to her in game, on stratics, and it can be pretty horrible. Especially since some of the attacks are very personal. No reason for that. I can see why she has a tendency to be defensive.

A community liaison would help her maintain her sanity, filter out the nonsense and bring up suggestions and issues that need addressing. Unfortunately I don't see that happening and that is a bit sad, because I still think this game can flourish.
With regard to the BOD books most people just want them to work like the pink and white books do in that we want to be able to drop the bod on the book not unlock/secure it put it in our pack to use it... which is a ROYAL PITA... It's not so much the count but a bit of better change to it would be welcome...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She is a public figurehead for this game and with that position comes criticism and negativity. Its no different then a NFL player dropping 6 passes in a game and getting smashed on by the media. Its part of the job, if she cant handle her job then she needs to quit and let someone do it. There is literally no excuse for anything that is done poorly, if she did her job well she would get praised by the community. Everything is such bad shape anymore and this nonsense about not having enough people or the code is too mangled crap. Those are nothing buy excuses to make up for poor developing. How can you work on the same game this long and still not know exactly how to fix things?!!?!?! If I start a new job it takes me a year or less to know everything about it. If these were done to make the game better more people would play which in turn brings in more money and then you can hire more help to maintain and work on it. But they have to do the first part in order for anything else to happen. How is it 3rd party programs just keep running rampant with no response to banning these players??!?!?! How is it you can still crash while using a trade window? How is it all content is dead except for the roof? Just fix the parts of game that will make the community better, its really not that hard!!!!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She is a public figurehead for this game and with that position comes criticism and negativity. Its no different then a NFL player dropping 6 passes in a game and getting smashed on by the media. Its part of the job, if she cant handle her job then she needs to quit and let someone do it. There is literally no excuse for anything that is done poorly, if she did her job well she would get praised by the community. Everything is such bad shape anymore and this nonsense about not having enough people or the code is too mangled crap. Those are nothing buy excuses to make up for poor developing. How can you work on the same game this long and still not know exactly how to fix things?!!?!?! If I start a new job it takes me a year or less to know everything about it. If these were done to make the game better more people would play which in turn brings in more money and then you can hire more help to maintain and work on it. But they have to do the first part in order for anything else to happen. How is it 3rd party programs just keep running rampant with no response to banning these players??!?!?! How is it you can still crash while using a trade window? How is it all content is dead except for the roof? Just fix the parts of game that will make the community better, its really not that hard!!!!!!
They can do all they want to make more money but the only one getting that money is EA not BS... While I hear you on many levels there simply isn't anyone on the team who actually really plays the game like players do... they may say they do but it's more than obvious that they don't... either that or they enjoy masochism. IMO they enjoy irritating us just as much as we seem to enjoy bashing them. Maybe we deserve it maybe not... on the one hand they absolutely have got to realize that without us they would be out of a job... at this point who would hire them? Not sure anyone would. And on the second hand if we continue to bash them and irritate them to the point they want to quit and find another job... then we lose... as they have been advertising wanting some position for years and still haven't hired one that we are aware of and we were pretty much told that Bonnie is the last Producer UO will ever have. I personally hope that isn't true... but it was said.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Peter Principle.
yeah, it's not exactly like he was gonna say,
"we're gonna give Messanna a go at being boss, but let us know if she don't work out and we'll get another one".
While UO still makes funds for broadsword to invest into their main game DAoC, they WILL find another boss.