• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 102 TC Release 1

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The new trophies are not bad, but man these things are getting big.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three Nice new Trophies:

View attachment 88062
The serpent trophy looks wrong to me?
the right hand side of the base is coloured the same as the serpent? should it not be wood coloured like the rest of the base??
Looks like a wood carving where somebody got over keen spray painting it afterwards :D

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I checked the serpent picture someone said it was 2 tails someone said its wrongly painted, but its a fin that are placed on the right side of the picture.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think the new trophies look great but as Riyana says they are very big, fine for deco in a castle with a trophy room but not really suitable for more normal sized homes. Obviously those critters are actually that size so they couldn't make them smaller, but everything does seem to be going that way, over-sized, lately. The Grizzly bear one is also huge but it's upright so not too bad.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As the founding member PETM (player for the ethical treatment of monsters) I find these trophys disturbing. :D

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trophies are nice, too bad the kits on Siege aren't affordable for daily use. I get that 3x prices were supposed to promote community building and reliance, but taking the lazy way out and simply coding everything that way was.....just lazy.

Attachments

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since these are creatures being hunted and turned into trophies wouldn't they stay the same size dead or alive? Be totally different if they were statues.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Since these are creatures being hunted and turned into trophies wouldn't they stay the same size dead or alive? Be totally different if they were statues.
Exactly! They don't shrink when you stuff them! And since they are all stretched out in the water we really can't tell HOW big they are until we get them OUT of the water...now we know how big they are!

I agree the size isn't ideal for the smaller houses but it wouldn't make sense for them to make it smaller.

The raptor, on the other hand, I think is too big..the trophy anyway.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The serpent trophy looks wrong to me?
the right hand side of the base is coloured the same as the serpent? should it not be wood coloured like the rest of the base??
Looks like a wood carving where somebody got over keen spray painting it afterwards :D
Thats some sort of appendage wrapped around the base. Also there is another behind the trophy, I assume that one is the tail.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"Harvester’s Axe – magically transforms logs into boards, can be recharged with a runed switch"
Lmfao. You mean like all other axes do? Seriously, whack a tree with any axe, whack the logs in pack with any axe, boards. This has got to be a joke. If only they'd implement the "Orcish Axe" idea that i've been pushing for years. An axe that functions the same way that Gargoyle's Pickaxes do, increasing the level of wood received by one, while having a chance to pull up a Treefellow that matches the wood type, with 100 logs on him. Have the "Orcish Axe" have a chance to drop off of Orc Choppers.

"Players will now be required to type the word “delete” to confirm the deletion of characters."
About ****ing time.
In my opinion, it's annoying to do that. I think the satchel and axe are a pretty sweet deal.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, it's annoying to do that. I think the satchel and axe are a pretty sweet deal.
When LJing, i usually just get up to 590 Stones, then hit a UOA macro that uses my axe on any logs in my pack. Just one click, and boards. I think it'd be more annoying having to go through the pain in the ass process of crafting Runed Switches in order to recharge the new axe. It takes Alchemy, Inscription, Tinkering, and Carpentry to craft all the components for a Runed Switch in a multi-step process. It's like crafting all the stuff necessary to fire a cannon.
The Satchels are great, so long as any new Logs/Ore you obtain go right into the satchel when you already have some of the stack in there.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When LJing, i usually just get up to 590 Stones, then hit a UOA macro that uses my axe on any logs in my pack. Just one click, and boards. I think it'd be more annoying having to go through the pain in the ass process of crafting Runed Switches in order to recharge the new axe. It takes Alchemy, Inscription, Tinkering, and Carpentry to craft all the components for a Runed Switch in a multi-step process. It's like crafting all the stuff necessary to fire a cannon.
I would just buy a new one if it runs out.