• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 102 TC Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We are pleased to announce Publish 102 will be available on TC on October 12, 2018. Publish 102 introduces new content for the Huntmaster’s Challenge along with some other updates you can read about in the publish notes. We will be hosting a public play session all day on October 12th, so hop on and say hello and give some feedback. Let’s see who can hunt the largest of the new trophies! Due to the accelerated publish schedule of Publish 102, we will not be wiping Publish 102 for a new castle & keep design contest, as a result […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sweet! :cheerleader:

Satchels are nice!

Thanks

TC Release 1 – 10/12/2018

Huntmaster’s Challenge
The Huntmaster’s Challenge has been updated with new trophies & new rewards!

New Prey

• Raptor
  • Sea Serpent
  • Scorpion
New Rewards

• Cooking Recipes – 45 minimum cooking skill via Barbecue
    • Hamburger – bread, raw ribs, head of lettuce
    • Hot Dog – bread, sausage
    • Sausage – ham, dried herbs
  • Miner’s Satchel – 50% Weight Reduction, holds ore, ingots, granite, and saltpeter
  • Lumberjack’s Satchel – 50% Weight Reduction, holds logs and boards
  • Harvester’s Axe – magically transforms logs into boards, can be recharged with a runed switch
Note that all current contests will be reset when Publish 102 is deployed to each shard.

Miscellaneous
  • Players will now be required to type the word “delete” to confirm the deletion of characters.
  • Alacrity Scrolls now display duration in the buff icon.
Classic Client Updates
  • Crates now have the option to use a larger gump. Can be set through Options->Miscellaneous-> “Enable Large Bank & Vault Gumps”
Bug Fixes
  • Poisoned fukiya darts & poisoned shurikens now operate on a global cooldown for repeated use.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Harvester’s Axe – magically transforms logs into boards, can be recharged with a runed switch"
Lmfao. You mean like all other axes do? Seriously, whack a tree with any axe, whack the logs in pack with any axe, boards. This has got to be a joke. If only they'd implement the "Orcish Axe" idea that i've been pushing for years. An axe that functions the same way that Gargoyle's Pickaxes do, increasing the level of wood received by one, while having a chance to pull up a Treefellow that matches the wood type, with 100 logs on him. Have the "Orcish Axe" have a chance to drop off of Orc Choppers.

"Players will now be required to type the word “delete” to confirm the deletion of characters."
About ****ing time.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Harvester’s Axe – magically transforms logs into boards, can be recharged with a runed switch"
Lmfao. You mean like all other axes do? Seriously, whack a tree with any axe, whack the logs in pack with any axe, boards. This has got to be a joke. If only they'd implement the "Orcish Axe" idea that i've been pushing for years. An axe that functions the same way that Gargoyle's Pickaxes do, increasing the level of wood received by one, while having a chance to pull up a Treefellow that matches the wood type, with 100 logs on him. Have the "Orcish Axe" have a chance to drop off of Orc Choppers.

"Players will now be required to type the word “delete” to confirm the deletion of characters."
About ****ing time.

Yeah, a butchers war cleaver for trees. Would be a great craftable, but who would waste a vet reward pick on it? sheeesh

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, a butchers war cleaver for trees. Would be a great craftable, but who would waste a vet reward pick on it? sheeesh
At least the Butcher's War Cleaver has the ability to automatically put the Leather in your pack, which normally stays on the corpse. So it saves you from having to double click the corpse, drag the hides (which are damn heavy), click the scissors, then click the hide.
The "Harvester's Axe" though is a joke, especially since you have to recharge it using a Runed Switch, which are a pain in the ass to make considering how many skills it takes to make the components for them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read it as a reward for huntmaster challenge not vet?
Logically yes. And they said they were adding new rewards.

If so even sweeter!! Are they going to start us at 0 rewards since I have >40 left?

Awesome if these are huntsmaster rewards!

Merth

Journeyman
Logically yes. And they said they were adding new rewards.

If so even sweeter!! Are they going to start us at 0 rewards since I have >40 left?

Awesome if these are huntsmaster rewards!
I wouldnt think so...to me it just says the current contest (this month) will reset

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well dammit I have to buy a bunch of harvesters blades.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Note that all current contests will be reset when Publish 102 is deployed to each shard."

So this means the month ends on the day pub 102 is live? They've done this before.

I lost my Halloween dungeon saved points. So I dont trust them.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I' m surprised that they are changing darts/shurikens, but somehow the fish pies are being left alone. Darts are a minor issue. Everybody agreed the issue with the fish pies is much more urgent.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does this mean that when Pub 102 hits the Khaldun content is over?
From what the publish notes I looked at before it said: During the months of October & November a new terror has befallen the Dungeon Khaldun! Creatures killed in Khaldun have a chance to drop an “Artifact of the Cult.” These artifacts can be turned into the Artifact Trader to redeem rewards.

So my guess is that we will have till sometime in November or till the end of November to enjoy all the Halloween content.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
From what the publish notes I looked at before it said: During the months of October & November a new terror has befallen the Dungeon Khaldun! Creatures killed in Khaldun have a chance to drop an “Artifact of the Cult.” These artifacts can be turned into the Artifact Trader to redeem rewards.

So my guess is that we will have till sometime in November or till the end of November to enjoy all the Halloween content.
Thanks Malag..

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! Now they need to make satchels for spellbooks, runebooks, runic atlas', and possibly BOD books!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting
Target the costume that you wish to store in this Mystical Polymorph Totem
The Dress Macro has saved.
The Arm Macro has saved.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Soooo... I'm rather bummed then... I agree that the sea serpent statue is the bomb! I'm super sad then that the spider one is soooo freaking fugly... and absolutely awful looking... doesn't even remotely look like a black widow or even better it looks cartoonish...

But love the serpent...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not the whole thing:
Publish 102 TC Release 1

@MalagAste
the reason the 'spider' looks nothing like a black widow is because it's a scorpion.
Not the one from the one from this publish the one we've had that is ugly as sin... I have seen it in the art files it's hideous I never wanted one... It came out same time as the tiger and myrmidex.. not sure when.. Anyway, I refused to get it... it's horrible.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not the one from the one from this publish the one we've had that is ugly as sin... I have seen it in the art files it's hideous I never wanted one... It came out same time as the tiger and myrmidex.. not sure when.. Anyway, I refused to get it... it's horrible.
I have a further complaint about spiders... seeing as the Spider used for a Dread spider in the CC is not the same spider used in EC and it just looks horrid compared to the CC Dread spider... which is really beautiful... but that's me.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I went ahead and clicked the "Enable large bank and vault gumps" option...

LargeBank.jpg

Yep..it's pretty large....loving it!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I went ahead and clicked the "Enable large bank and vault gumps" option...

View attachment 88045

Yep..it's pretty large....loving it!
Almost as cool as a resizable, sortable and zoomable bank box that also supports grid or list layouts. Must sound like science fiction to the current UO team :rolleyes:

And it's only for bank box and vaults? No bagpack? No storage at house? :ten:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes all the Wooden chests work.. Love it!

The patch changed our Trash Crate in Luna on LS to large gumps. Shocked me when it opened.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Actually...I just went to copy a character over from Origin and....

OriginBoxes.jpg

So this part is actually on prodo right now..
Gold boxes, gift boxes and rarewood chests are NOT effected by this...will check others

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have had Large Gumps on Prodo shards for a while. Just not everything.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also copied the aforementioned containers to TC...Rarewood chest, Gift boxes and Gold Box...all still small... :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-10-12_18-21-31.png 3

Its at the bottom.

I got a Dragon Wolf!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also copied the aforementioned containers to TC...Rarewood chest, Gift boxes and Gold Box...all still small... :/

Use your influence. I put it as a bug report last week. Love the big Gumps!