• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 to Origin, Izumo & Baja & Castle/Keep Contest Winners

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG It's not a typo, they actually think the new Castles should be these prices!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9/13/2018

Greetings,

We have seen quite a bit of discussion relating to the cost of contest housing recently introduced with Publish 101. Firstly, the cost of contest housing will be uniform across all shards, including Siege Perilous.

As far as the costs of these homes in relation to legacy housing, we want to share with you why these homes cost substantially more than a standard castle. One of the top 5 most common areas of feedback we receive is that the game world lacks adequate gold sinks to effectively combat inflation within the economy. One of the most effective ways to combat this is pulling gold out of the game by providing high end luxury items. A castle is the most luxurious item Britannia has to offer, and the new designs are the top end of that luxury. Gold is by no means in short supply, and rallying around the fundraising efforts for luxury items is one of the greatest motivators for group activity in our beloved MMO. We look forward to seeing the new designs fully decorated as you make them your home.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

Ok. I am man enough to admit when I'm wrong. They really ARE that out of touch.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Whomever was in charge of astronomy should be put in charge.... fire the rest.... I try to imagine Us the player base being so inept at our RL jobs and what the consequence would be..

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL is atlantic realtor involved with the dev team on these prices!! I think the devs have lost their minds completely now. Its just a house to store stuff in in a fake world, you get the same storage in a normal castle at 1/75 of the price. WTF is wrong with these people. They are making my decision to close my accounts easier by the day. Just when I thought the team couldn't be any dumber they go ahead and prove me wrong again.

Gold sinks are needed in UO, but there are hundred different ways they can be done other then this. I do think insurance needs to go up, maybe not to the extent the doom guy said but it should be at least double to triple what it is now. The biggest opportunity for gold sink is remove town bonus from governor's control and have every player pay for their buff every time they get it (like 50k-100k). How about raising NPC pricing across the board, those NPC vendors havnt had a pay raise since 1997, LOL. Have recall books charge gold to recall like tithing and raise the cost of the spell to cast. Simple things like this would sink a good amount of gold.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL is atlantic realtor involved with the dev team on these prices!! I think the devs have lost their minds completely now. Its just a house to store stuff in in a fake world, you get the same storage in a normal castle at 1/75 of the price. WTF is wrong with these people. They are making my decision to close my accounts easier by the day. Just when I thought the team couldn't be any dumber they go ahead and prove me wrong again.

Gold sinks are needed in UO, but there are hundred different ways they can be done other then this. I do think insurance needs to go up, maybe not to the extent the doom guy said but it should be at least double to triple what it is now. The biggest opportunity for gold sink is remove town bonus from governor's control and have every player pay for their buff every time they get it (like 50k-100k). How about raising NPC pricing across the board, those NPC vendors havnt had a pay raise since 1997, LOL. Have recall books charge gold to recall like tithing and raise the cost of the spell to cast. Simple things like this would sink a good amount of gold.
Thing is you can't even call it a gold sink. the absolute MAX it can take out of a shard is 9.6 plat. There was a guy on the trade boards looking to buy slims shadow veil for 4 plat!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whomever was in charge of astronomy should be put in charge.... fire the rest.... I try to imagine Us the player base being so inept at our RL jobs and what the consequence would be..
If I were that way people would die... as a Medical Laboratory Technician I do everything in my power to give accurate and precise results each and every time... as quickly as I possibly can. Lives depend on it.

Only weathermen/women are so inaccurate and manage to keep their jobs... Or LOL even politicians perhaps...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I always thought they should put in more deco things for people to buy with large sums of gold... a 1 use pet dye... (non neon colors)... they could do all kinds of deco items people want... all sorts of dyes... costumes... and tons of things that don't effect PvP or PvM...