• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 101 to Origin, Izumo & Baja & Castle/Keep Contest Winners

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/12/2018 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 101 will be available on Origin, Baja, and Izumo beginning on September 13, 2018 with each shard’s regularly scheduled maintenance. Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback. Again we want to thank everyone who participated in our public play sessions and provided valuable feedback for Publish 101 – we couldn’t have done it without you! The following features will not be available until Publish 101 goes world wide: The Going Gumshoe Introductory Quest. You will see this quest displayed in […]

Continue reading...

Angleswings

Adventurer
For this publish we are going to add 3 of the top player voted designs and 3 designs chosen by the UO Dev Team. The selections for Publish 101 are as follows:

#1 – Canary – Keep
#2 – Dot Warner – Castle
#5 – Don Quan – Castle
#20 – Queen Elsa – Castle
#22 – MissEcho – Castle
#37 – Analaya – Castle

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For this publish we are going to add 3 of the top player voted designs and 3 designs chosen by the UO Dev Team. The selections for Publish 101 are as follows:

#1 – Canary – Keep
#2 – Dot Warner – Castle
#5 – Don Quan – Castle
#20 – Queen Elsa – Castle
#22 – MissEcho – Castle
#37 – Analaya – Castle
Will these be available tomorrow on origin ??
how will we convert through the house sign or???

Angleswings

Adventurer
you know, reading the notes, I guess they will allow us to just convert from 1 style to another, so my guess is, it doesn't matter if you have anything blocking or not, the new design will go thru, because you are not demolishing anything, just changing design. so for those that have a tree in the courtyard, I guess you will end up with a tree inside your floor.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the latest updates. ( Publish 101 – Ultima Online )

• The first aid belt will no longer be blessed if claimed on Siege.
  • Based on player feedback, the Enhance Potions property on the Khal Ankur Mask/Pendant has been set to 35%.
  • Based on player feedback, the hue on the gem bag found in hidden and puzzle chests in Khaldun will match the chest.
  • Based on player feedback, the first aid belt can now be dyed with specialty pigments and has +2 Hit Point Regen.
  • Mage armor has been added to the Pendant of Khal Ankur artifact.
  • Powerscrolls awarded during the months of October & November at the Khal Ankur champ spawn will be Shard Bound. This applies to the Khal Ankur champ spawn only.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
  • The 2018 iteration of Treasures of Halloween at Khaldun turn-in vendor will only accept Artifacts of the Cult that have been received from Khaldun.
  • Both vendors will be removed with the 2019 iteration of Treasures of Halloween when the event is updated. You will no longer be able to carry over points from year to year, and will have 1 year to turn-in/spend any artifacts or turn-in points.
These are very lame, but alas.
The +2 HP regen on the belt is nowhere near enough to make it worth wearing. Make it +10 and we will be talking.
I will be claiming one for all my dexxers and for my two main tamers to use on the backpack, though.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The real issue with the turn ins is this: They think a lot of peeps won't participate in this ungodly complicated grindy crap they dreamed up. So to force us to, we HAVE to have the latest things to turnin. Otherwise, might make them look bad, ya know?

Hey, we've known all along it's Mesanna's game, we just pay to pass thru

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • The 2018 iteration of Treasures of Halloween at Khaldun turn-in vendor will only accept Artifacts of the Cult that have been received from Khaldun.
  • Both vendors will be removed with the 2019 iteration of Treasures of Halloween when the event is updated. You will no longer be able to carry over points from year to year, and will have 1 year to turn-in/spend any artifacts or turn-in points.
That sux. Ill buy more Jawbones. and the stuff this year is just the book collection and blessed bandage pouch.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just would like to know what will happen to the millions of pavers and granite walls I might have placed in my houses when I convert? Moving crate?

ThulsaDoom

Visitor
Tokuno style is the best one available but still a great disappointment for castles..... Maybe next publish. Maybe we can just rehue original castles to stone colors (val,verite,agapite,gold,bronze,dc,shadow)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That sux. Ill buy more Jawbones. and the stuff this year is just the book collection and blessed bandage pouch.
The worst part of this change is if you end up with like 4 artefacts points from the last Halloween event, they will go to waste because you can't claim old stuff nor carry them to the new stuff.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The keep I can live with until a better one comes along

The rest not so much

They look ok just not my type of castle

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I do wish they would have let us test the conversion at least one day on test !! but i have already emptied my castle so it is ready to go !
Well you do know that Origin is the live test shard....it's up to us! And if I lose everything in my castle....oh well..it's just pixels after all.....though would be sad to see some of it disappear, MOST of my important stuff is in my Luna house....I think...o_O lol

Either way...I can't wait to see what happens lol.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see they nerfed the mask already for no reason. Congrats to whomever whined about it on TC, what a joke.
Did you go to test and test? did you go to test and offer input? did you go to the official forum and offer input? Its just like voting if you don't you have no right to complain.... Not singling DC out here but this is a common thing with us and i just don't get it we are an older player base we should be willing to do more than be board warriors and whiners (once again nothing against the great DC ) I could have offered same reply to any number of comments...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you go to test and test? did you go to test and offer input? did you go to the official forum and offer input? Its just like voting if you don't you have no right to complain.... Not singling DC out here but this is a common thing with us and i just don't get it we are an older player base we should be willing to do more than be board warriors and whiners (once again nothing against the great DC ) I could have offered same reply to any number of comments...
I did and predicted it would be nerfed. Now it has nothing to add to PvP or Pvm. PvPers can not handle any change to their pecking order. The mask as it was would have allowed more players to build a PvP suit without spending 100s of millions.

It would have freed up 200 imbuing points. Is that really overpowered?

You will see as many of those masks in PvP as you see pets.

I do not understand why PvPers do not want to add more players to Fel.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did and predicted it would be nerfed. Now it has nothing to add to PvP or Pvm. PvPers can not handle any change to their pecking order. The mask as it was would have allowed more players to build a PvP suit without spending 100s of millions.
Standard operating procedure for UO, lets not upset the minority player base.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It gets better apparently. Open those bank boxes if you want one of the new castles:

Please tell me this is a mistake.... having to dish out 200-300m for one of those designs....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said it would charge by the tile

Seems like something went maybe wrong no wait not with them nvm

Looks about right through these glasses

I’ll be keeping my castles and keeps the way they are, they look better anyways imho

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The +2 HP regen on the belt is nowhere near enough to make it worth wearing. Make it +10 and we will be talking.
I will be claiming one for all my dexxers and for my two main tamers to use on the backpack, though.
Yes the +2 hp regen alone is a bit weak. I understand the devs are afraid of making it OP though, so they are making small adjustments. Another +5 dex or so would be good IMO.

ThulsaDoom

Visitor
It gets better apparently. Open those bank boxes if you want one of the new castles:

Please tell me this is a mistake.... having to dish out 200-300m for one of those designs....
Good gold sink, about time they make one. We need more gold sinks! Best thing UO could do is make more gold sinks. Insurance should be at least X10-X20 what is it now and then you will get that kind of sick feeling when you die. There is no loss/risk anymore but if you get penalized 1m-10m each time you die it would make it more exciting (pvp and pvm). MORE GOLD SINKS! MORE GOLD SINKS!

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good gold sink, about time they make one. We need more gold sinks! Best thing UO could do is make more gold sinks. Insurance should be at least X10-X20 what is it now and then you will get that kind of sick feeling when you die. There is no loss/risk anymore but if you get penalized 1m-10m each time you die it would make it more exciting (pvp and pvm). MORE GOLD SINKS! MORE GOLD SINKS!
So I would die once and it would be game over. Ouch. I wish the super rich would realize many players never have more than 10 mil in bank because once they do it gets spent on equipment or scrolls.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How about all those weapons drops we had during the 20th, we were told that "Maybe" you be turning those in, I hung on to a lot, and I hate to just unravel or throw away, I am still kicking myself for throwing out all my nets when I doing the salty sea quest and buying those dang anchors :(

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

This has to be a joke. What do they want us to do start farming gold or buy it? This is BS

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No the Halloween content is well..for Halloween lol and Caddelite won't be accessible until the publish is world wide as will the Going Gumshoe quest....and I didn't get my gifts because I just re-activated this account a few weeks ago so I will have to wait on that part for a few more weeks.

*sighs*

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No the Halloween content is well..for Halloween lol and Caddelite won't be accessible until the publish is world wide as will the Going Gumshoe quest....and I didn't get my gifts because I just re-activated this account a few weeks ago so I will have to wait on that part for a few more weeks.

*sighs*
My house in Luna you can use my telescope

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

*sighs*
I re-actrivated an old account a few years ago, and couldn't get the gifts. For some reason the system didn't recognize their age. What did happen tho, was after I logged a char in, didnt get a gift, I would log him out, and then back in. He got the gifts the second time. Weird, I know. But it is what it is.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I re-actrivated an old account a few years ago, and couldn't get the gifts. For some reason the system didn't recognize their age. What did happen tho, was after I logged a char in, didnt get a gift, I would log him out, and then back in. He got the gifts the second time. Weird, I know. But it is what it is.
Yeah that's usually what happens but it didn't work this time...logged in and out of all characters on the account..shut the game down, re-loaded and tried again but still nothing...very frusterating!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not a very good gold sink if no one actually buys them. At that price I doubt anyone will.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ - I'd gladly pay that for being able to make my own customized castles. I'd also pay it for some of my favorites in castle design content too.

Just yesterday on Europa, I think I visited a keep that was far more customized than the keep that won the contest. Lol. It is bit of a mindhump. Imagine. Community gets to decide their favourite design for " Keep reimagined!" and people end up picking something that is more or less the same freaking thing as the keep they've had for 21 years! Roflmao.

I swear to old gods and the new, come next cycle, if I make 1:1 that same ****ing keep and do absolutely nothing for it other than remove the fireplace. I bet I'd win the whole deal! Then in future, somebody makes the same thing but uses different floor tiles..and wins. : D

Seriously..Community picked something that is in some ways LESS DIFFERENT than what you an achieve via stone crafting. Madness.

btw, none of that was meant as a critique for the designer or their work: Keep that won is an excellent execution of " Same old thing reimagined" It undeniably improves what has been there for 21 years. Its just that such a thing really shouldn't have won. Talk about conservative voter base. : P

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The real issue with the turn ins is this: They think a lot of peeps won't participate in this ungodly complicated grindy crap they dreamed up. So to force us to, we HAVE to have the latest things to turnin. Otherwise, might make them look bad, ya know?
That was my first thought when I read the notes! At first I thought to myself, well no worries, I have a fair amount of points "built up" so no need to bother with this steaming pile of a Halloween mess this year. Then I read the the notes. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix In my opinion, that is just sad. With brilliant *cough,cough* ideas like this, it gets easier every day not to even bother to log into UO, AND to start thinking about which accounts to close.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was my first thought when I read the notes! At first I thought to myself, well no worries, I have a fair amount of points "built up" so no need to bother with this steaming pile of a Halloween mess this year. Then I read the the notes. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix In my opinion, that is just sad. With brilliant *cough,cough* ideas like this, it gets easier every day not to even bother to log into UO, AND to start thinking about which accounts to close.

This exactly.

Because the whole player base just loves mining and lumberjacking...

Perish the thought we might just log in and get to go play something fun without grinding it first

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This exactly.

Because the whole player base just loves mining and lumberjacking...

Perish the thought we might just log in and get to go play something fun without grinding it first
Spare a thought for the actual crafters of UO.
They get to build stuff for the "fighters" but they themselves still get shafted and cannot partake in the event......again nothing for crafter only types.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't underestimate the pixel crackheads!
I'm not. Take into account the following:

1. While the designs are nice, they don't really offer much more than we already have. Many won't switch simply because the design isn't what they want.

2. Many castles will not be able to place the new castles because of objects in the courtyards. Unfortunatly this will be a large portion.

3. Contrary to popular belief most people don't have 300 million to spend on a castle.

You take all these limitations and as a gold sink this idea is a total bust.

* For the record I do believe this is an error. I can not believe the devs would be THAT out of touch.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG It's not a typo, they actually think the new Castles should be these prices!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9/13/2018

Greetings,

We have seen quite a bit of discussion relating to the cost of contest housing recently introduced with Publish 101. Firstly, the cost of contest housing will be uniform across all shards, including Siege Perilous.

As far as the costs of these homes in relation to legacy housing, we want to share with you why these homes cost substantially more than a standard castle. One of the top 5 most common areas of feedback we receive is that the game world lacks adequate gold sinks to effectively combat inflation within the economy. One of the most effective ways to combat this is pulling gold out of the game by providing high end luxury items. A castle is the most luxurious item Britannia has to offer, and the new designs are the top end of that luxury. Gold is by no means in short supply, and rallying around the fundraising efforts for luxury items is one of the greatest motivators for group activity in our beloved MMO. We look forward to seeing the new designs fully decorated as you make them your home.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team