• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Pet Training Exploit Fix

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My real is 108.1. You don't need the 120 to use the level III masteries. My archer gets all the warriors gift bonuses at 110 points. You just need the level 3 primer. I also thought you had to have real 120 skill to use them but you don't.
The effectiveness of bard masteries is determined by real skill only, are you saying this is different for every other mastery or just the animal taming mastery?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The effectiveness of bard masteries is determined by real skill only, are you saying this is different for every other mastery or just the animal taming mastery?
I think there is a pretty significant difference in mana cost the lower your skill is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read the info on it and didn't have 120 on any skills when they came out, so I didn't even use them. I got my swords to 120 and ate one, it tasted good so all my characters started eating them. My archer gets the same benefits at 110 skill as my Swordsman. My tamer has consume damage and got an extra stable slot when I got the level iii.

It may cost more mana to use, but I have a lot of regen since I am a tamer mage.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The effectiveness of the non passive mastery abilities are affected by real skill.
Onslaught causes a larger resist debuff, up to 20% if your swords and tactics are 120 real skill. Consume damage offers better HPR and HCI if you have real 120 taming/lore. Whispering offers 95% chance of multiplied skill gain if you have real 120 taming/lore.
Peace, provo and discord songs have augmented effects the more real 120 bard skills you have and so one.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My real is 108.1. You don't need the 120 to use the level III masteries. My archer gets all the warriors gift bonuses at 110 points. You just need the level 3 primer. I also thought you had to have real 120 skill to use them but you don't.
But the taming one has always been expensive.
The mana cost/drain at less than 120 real taming and lore pretty much makes it impossible to keep it up for any length of time. It takes more mana the further you are from 120.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just had a thought. I wonder if any of the pets going "poof" is related to the exploit somehow? Again just a thought.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had a thought. I wonder if any of the pets going "poof" is related to the exploit somehow? Again just a thought.
No, Tyrath was losing pets before that exploit was popular. He also had made a ton of pets at the beginning and he would agree that they are fine pets. This is the first period in UO where I could actually kill that paragon Balron at Chaos. Before the pet revamp, I had to go find something else to get my fame back when it appeared.

He and I also posted pics of our trained pets. You can go look at his metal war bird and see it is legit.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, Tyrath was losing pets before that exploit was popular. He also had made a ton of pets at the beginning and he would agree that they are fine pets. This is the first period in UO where I could actually kill that paragon Balron at Chaos. Before the pet revamp, I had to go find something else to get my fame back when it appeared.

He and I also posted pics of our trained pets. You can go look at his metal war bird and see it is legit.
I wasn't insinuating anything. It was just a thought. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mana cost/drain at less than 120 real taming and lore pretty much makes it impossible to keep it up for any length of time. It takes more mana the further you are from 120.
Im up to 108.2 real taming. I can leave consume damage, beserk, or empowerment on and gain mana.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im up to 108.2 real taming. I can leave consume damage, beserk, or empowerment on and gain mana.
Nice. I had 105 taming and lore, with a good amount of mana regen, and couldn't keep it up for long. But then again I didn't have hardly any meditation at the time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice. I had 105 taming and lore, with a good amount of mana regen, and couldn't keep it up for long. But then again I didn't have hardly any meditation at the time.
My regen is 23 from what I added up. Not sure if that's a lot. 100 Med. 40% lmc maybe that helps.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep don't believe the pet poofing issue is related at all. I lean toward some glitch in auto stabling and disconnecting/client crashing that randomly occurs in a very few of those crashes and Disconnects. I have been trying to lose pets a bit this afternoon by forcing disconnects and simulated client crashes and thus far have had no luck at getting one to poof. LOL let me take a fully scrolled pet out and go do something it probably would the way my luck goes. I am just trying to figure out what specific causes the pet to poof so I and others can avoid doing it......... Assuming it is something we are doing that is causing. If it is a server side code ghost glitch not much that can be done to avoid it. It is going to be a hard one to duplicate due to it being totally flaky and random and only happening a very small % of the time. Very easy to tell the diff between metallic warbird and a exploited pet. I have accidently made some exploited pet unintentionally and found some rather nasty bugs like the bugged mare Don posted about after we swapped the mare around trying to figure out why it was bugged so bad. I have since destroyed the handful of exploited pets I made unintentionally Like the CU with 1300 HP, 900 STR, and 1500 mana yep I know it is not possible because of the caps but there is/was a exploit that lets you WAY over cap every stat. Since I don't see anyone running around with super overcapped pets, I am hoping they either intentionally or unintentionally fixed it before it became common knowledge, as far as I know only one other person knew/knows about that one and you had to do several things in the right location to make it happen and repeat those things several times. Figured owning that CU would get me in a lot of trouble :) If I can get my fried computer running that has the screen shots of it I will put a pic on the tamer board ;)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My regen is 23 from what I added up. Not sure if that's a lot. 100 Med. 40% lmc maybe that helps.
I was prob 25 MR and 40% LMC. But my med was only around 10. But I am now 120 taming and lore, and 55 med and have no problems keeping it up. Even throwing a few greater heals. My char is crammed though. He has 876 skill. ROFL