• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Next Round of Publish 97 Updates to TC1

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And a pet ball doesn't work in 99% of the places you'd need it in... No... and if you go somewhere it does work by the time you get there then the pet can't be found... NO logging in and out is 100% effective ..... Pet Balls are a joke.
LOL, thie reason the pet balls don't work in the locations you want to use them is because...
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO SUMMON YOUR PET THERE, by logging in and out, you're using an exploit to summon your pet in an area that summoning is not allowed.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you should be banned from playing for cheating or anything, i just want them to fix the exploit that everyone abuses.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again with this pet logging crap? Give it a break. I've not seen one person agree with you. Just makes you look bad.
:facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excuse me?
Why would anyone have to agree with me in order for me to be correct to make improvements to the game and fix pet bugs/exploits?
Also, this thread consists of a demographic or Trammel players who are tamers. Ofcourse the turkeys wouldn't vote for christmas. Try being less selfish and think of what is best for the game. Malagaste is making a complete fool of herself, as usual.

Also the fact that i get little likes is due to my reputation, not content, Europa citizens will know what i'm talking about. There'll be 1000s of people who agree with my opinions however wouldn't dare publicly like a comment i have posted.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL, thie reason the pet balls don't work in the locations you want to use them is because...
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO SUMMON YOUR PET THERE, by logging in and out, you're using an exploit to summon your pet in an area that summoning is not allowed.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you should be banned from playing for cheating or anything, i just want them to fix the exploit that everyone abuses.
Those that use this "exploit" as you call it are more often than not NOT tamers... they are the Sampires who ride swampies with armor and paroxy swampies who don't want to have to go get a pet rez... NOT tamers... I don't log in and out to "save" my pet... I log in and out to get my pet back because it WON'T come back to me because there are 5,000 things in the way between me and my pet... I'd often let my pet die and just rez it somewhere safe... If you have problems with Tamers doing this they aren't real tamers.

And badmouting me doesn't make you look any better.

I see Sampires use this more than any tamer... Bark up that tree.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mervyn
I am so glad that you never lost a pet from losing conn with UO and by the way that is the reason it was put in. When you log UO has no clue why you are no longer talking to the game so in order for you not to lose your pet the Dev team put in the auto-stable. Sorry it pisses you off so much.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And after a few attempts, Mervin finaly managed to completely hijack the topic of this thread with things only he cares about. Maybe it's time to stop feeding the troll?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Excuse me?
Why would anyone have to agree with me in order for me to be correct to make improvements to the game and fix pet bugs/exploits?
Also, this thread consists of a demographic or Trammel players who are tamers. Ofcourse the turkeys wouldn't vote for christmas. Try being less selfish and think of what is best for the game. Malagaste is making a complete fool of herself, as usual.

Also the fact that i get little likes is due to my reputation, not content, Europa citizens will know what i'm talking about. There'll be 1000s of people who agree with my opinions however wouldn't dare publicly like a comment i have posted.
Ive NEVER heard anyone in Tram complain about this. It gives no unfair advantage. If you want to "fix" this then leave it in Fel!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those that use this "exploit" as you call it are more often than not NOT tamers... they are the Sampires who ride swampies with armor and paroxy swampies who don't want to have to go get a pet rez... NOT tamers... I don't log in and out to "save" my pet... I log in and out to get my pet back because it WON'T come back to me because there are 5,000 things in the way between me and my pet... I'd often let my pet die and just rez it somewhere safe... If you have problems with Tamers doing this they aren't real tamers.

Okay here is what is supposed to happen when you die, you're supposed to carry a pet ball and recall your pet with a pet ball (obviousely you'll need to be in an area where pet balls work) if that is bugged and pet balls don't work, then they should fix the bug so pet balls always work.

Or if even that is just too much effort for you lazy exploiters, how about another solution where you walk up to the stable npc and there's an option there to recall your pet for 30gp? That way people can't abuse the auto login/out to retrieve the pet.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Uh..I am rather offended by this *They aren't real tamers* comment.

I do this ALL the time....pet death kinda sucks...and I do whatever it takes to keep that from happening...before we got the moonstone crystal portal I would run to shadowguard and log out/in to get my pet because dragging a GD all the way there from the moongate was a pain in the rear....yes REAL tamers do this..sorry to burst your bubble.

ANY WHO...back to the topic at hand.....I feel the Blood Fox and Ossien Ram are rather un-impressive, though pretty neat looking. I like the Frost Mite..haven't played with mine much but he's pretty cool so far. Trying to train him the *right* way without using the gate to see how long it's gonna take me on Origin...messing around with training but I still feel tweaking is going to happen for awhile before this goes live so not getting my panties in a bunch just yet over how insane pets will be...time will tell.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh..I am rather offended by this *They aren't real tamers* comment.

I do this ALL the time....pet death kinda sucks...and I do whatever it takes to keep that from happening...before we got the moonstone crystal portal I would run to shadowguard and log out/in to get my pet because dragging a GD all the way there from the moongate was a pain in the rear....yes REAL tamers do this..sorry to burst your bubble.

ANY WHO...back to the topic at hand.....I feel the Blood Fox and Ossien Ram are rather un-impressive, though pretty neat looking. I like the Frost Mite..haven't played with mine much but he's pretty cool so far. Trying to train him the *right* way without using the gate to see how long it's gonna take me on Origin...messing around with training but I still feel tweaking is going to happen for awhile before this goes live so not getting my panties in a bunch just yet over how insane pets will be...time will tell.
Always walked my pet save on Siege... where yes... I used the log in and log out method...

But I've always walked my pets... there is a command it's called "all stop" coupled with All Follow Me which keeps your pet from fighting everything you encounter... it generally works... but what's always gotten me is that any other mob or monster or even your pet if you say "all kill" and target something WILL auto-navigate around objects.... but for some stupid reason when a pet is just "following" you it will get hung up on a blade of freaking grass causing you to stop go back repath it around the object... THIS needs fixed... Pets and followers should auto-navigate ALL the time... not just when in fight mode.

If they didn't make petballs so crippled people would use them... but take for instance that pet balls are like casting a spell it can be interupted so my question is WHY are they so restricted in use??? Why give them at all if they are not able to be used anywhere of use? This is the problem with most systems in UO everything is such a chore people don't want to do them... Sure you want to make things a challenge but does everything have to be so grindy, boring, convoluted and complicated??? What happened to trying to make them FUN??? I'm sorry but having to wait to drag my pet around every tiny object is NOT fun... But I do do it... I don't log in and out to save my pet from dying... I log in and out because the stupid beast won't come to me or is god knows where doing who knows what... or just won't listen to me.

And complaining about this being an exploit is insane.. there are 100 things going on in game that are 1,000 times more detrimental to the game than pet logging. First off they crippled pets in PvP to the point where you likely won't have to put up with Tamers even trying to PvP so get your panties outta a wad and start trying to fix all the cheating and hacking and other more detrimental exploits in PvP that have disgusted more people than pets and have made Fel far more of an empty facet than pets.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And after a few attempts, Mervin finaly managed to completely hijack the topic of this thread with things only he cares about. Maybe it's time to stop feeding the troll?
I wouldn't call him a troll, but yeah, his mind is made up, and no one else cares about this issue, so let's just drop it. :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't call him a troll, but yeah, his mind is made up, and no one else cares about this issue, so let's just drop it. :D
I wouldn't either he's passionate about his way of playing UO... and I can understand that. The community has long been split between those who PvP and those who don't.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
two things that come to my mind after reading all the posts...

1st: If the systems will be implemented like this, I fear that the "all tamer use a GD if they are not banksitting" will become a "all tamer use a Saurosaurus" thing. If u can bump pet strength to that height that it becomes possible to solo-clear destard lvl 1 it is ridiculous.

2nd: Finding a "good" pet to tame it should still matter, and matter a lot. Atm, it matters a bit, but I think u can just tame any cu sidhe and go through the training process and get a killer pet far stronger compared to any GD. So who cares if it has 1000 hp or 900 hp in the end? 80 resist or 78? If these things come like they are now, we will soon be bored since nothing will be a challenge anymore. The next publish will then enhance mob strength? and the next one warrior strength? and so on?

The publish is great and tons of fun, but PLEASE balance things!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or do the new pets added look like they were designed using a different game engine?
I'd say the Triceratops almost looks sexy but I find it distracting how good the new pets look compared to the backgrounds now.
It's weird but it's like Hi-res pets on a Low-res background??

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or do the new pets added look like they were designed using a different game engine?
I'd say the Triceratops almost looks sexy but I find it distracting how good the new pets look compared to the backgrounds now.
It's weird but it's like Hi-res pets on a Low-res background??
It's been that way since KR. Probably looks better in the EC client since it still uses the KR backgrounds.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't either he's passionate about his way of playing UO... and I can understand that. The community has long been split between those who PvP and those who don't.
I don't use my tamer to PvP, while yes some tamers do abuse the auto pet login/out in pvp, it's mainly abused in trammel to get pets into bottom level dungeons easily and to prevent their pets from dieing. And the patch notes read they're improving the pet ai so hopefully they won't keep getting stuck on things when you tell them to follow.

however on the topic of pets and PvP. I have another pet issue.
War steeds:
  • War steeds must also be fed “Essence of Courage” to keep up their battle readiness. The potion restores 1 unit.
  • VvV mounts will lose 1 "unit" of battle readiness after every death, and after every 24 hour period. If you are riding the mount when the decay tick hits and it has lost all "units" of battle readiness it will go poof.
  1. Please can animal loring display the battle steeds readiness count, i believe it's out of 20?
  2. And also can we make it so Essence of Courage restores at least 4 units as currently a war steed costs 500 silver points and comes with i think 8 points of battle readiness, and essence of courage costs 250 silver points and only restores 1 unit, therefore it's cheaper to just never feed your pet and keep buying new ones. lol

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again with this pet logging crap? Give it a break. I've not seen one person agree with you. Just makes you look bad.
:facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree..it was added because of them not being able to fix the AI, and pets would teleport to places they couldn't get out of. So pets were lost. It's a simple fix, you can only log your pet if it's on your screen. Pets don't even need to be bonded for this tactic to work. Every single person who plays UO logs their pet to avoid having it die. It's a fact. Just because the Stratics trammy brigade doesn't agree because they like "this specific" bug/exploit or whatever because it helps them, does not mean no one agrees. You bring your pet to a fight and you die..suffer the consequences of the .01 skill gain loss if you can't get ressed and back fast enough.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PET BUG:

When you drag a pets healthbar, and you or someone else mounts the pet, you lose the healthbar.

Do you all want to lynch mob me for reporting this also?

edit* in classic client only

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PET BUG:

When you drag a pets healthbar, and you or someone else mounts the pet, you lose the healthbar.

Do you all want to lynch mob me for reporting this also?
Not a bug - if someone is sitting on it, it's not a valid target.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bug - if someone is sitting on it, it's not a valid target.
Wow, resorted to disagreeing just for the sake of it. Since when did you turn into a troll?
Okay not a valid target? well, what if someone recalls or goes out of range or hides? or goes into a house? or goes into a guardzone? they're not a valid target then, should we now start losing those bars? It's sometimes really difficult to drag someone's/somethings bar in the heat of battle and it's very annoying when it keeps dissapearing. Friend, or foe.
And also, i think you'll find, that last target still works on mounted pets, you can heal a mounted pet with last target etc.
I look forward to your response.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow, resorted to disagreeing just for the sake of it. Since when did you turn into a troll?
Okay not a valid target? well, what if someone recalls or goes out of range or hides? or goes into a house? or goes into a guardzone? they're not a valid target then, should we now start losing those bars? It's sometimes really difficult to drag someone's/somethings bar in the heat of battle and it's very annoying when it keeps dissapearing. Friend, or foe.
And also, i think you'll find, that last target still works on mounted pets, you can heal a mounted pet with last target etc.
I look forward to your response.
While it wasn't very nice of you to call Petra a troll she is correct....if a person/pet goes out of range they are still valid targets once they are back in range...you cannot heal a pet if someone is on it..you have to wait for the person to dismount before you can heal it with last target. Once you mount a pet, it essentially disappears, according to the game..and once you dismount, the bar comes back...at least it does for me. The only time bars change for me is if the person/pet logs out.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While it wasn't very nice of you to call Petra a troll she is correct....if a person/pet goes out of range they are still valid targets once they are back in range...you cannot heal a pet if someone is on it..you have to wait for the person to dismount before you can heal it with last target. Once you mount a pet, it essentially disappears, according to the game..and once you dismount, the bar comes back...at least it does for me. The only time bars change for me is if the person/pet logs out.
You can heal a mounted pet with last target, like i said, what client are you using? on CC, the bar dissapears completely, doesn't go grey like it should do. I think it's working okay on EC

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mervyn
I am so glad that you never lost a pet from losing conn with UO and by the way that is the reason it was put in. When you log UO has no clue why you are no longer talking to the game so in order for you not to lose your pet the Dev team put in the auto-stable. Sorry it pisses you off so much.
Anddd again..that's not true! Good stuff though

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can heal a mounted pet with last target, like i said, what client are you using? on CC, the bar dissapears completely, doesn't go grey like it should do. I think it's working okay on EC
From what I've seen you can target the mount, but it doesn't actually do any beneficial or for that matter negative actions. Thats how I train Spirit Speak..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anddd again..that's not true! Good stuff though

******** it is true. We were losing pets because we were losing conn and couldn't get back in before they went wild so the DEVs put in auto stable. If I am not mistaken it was around Katrina time frame.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
******** it is true. We were losing pets because we were losing conn and couldn't get back in before they went wild so the DEVs put in auto stable. If I am not mistaken it was around Katrina time frame.
This is the biggest reason I'm an advocate for the autostable. It saved me many times from losing valued pets when my ISP went down the tubes.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the biggest reason I'm an advocate for the autostable. It saved me many times from losing valued pets when my ISP went down the tubes.
There was also the time UK got cut off from Europa (when Suddenlink supplied part of the route) No one could get in, we thought the shard was down, but the shard happily carried on without us for 8 hours, accessible for US players and with EA blissfully unaware that there was a problem. I ended up re-taming my white wyrm in Ankh while dodging lich and rotting corpses.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am thinking that the 5K+ points will come at the "final" training even when it goes "live". Getting the 5K at once is the only way to be able to add some of the magical abilities that some of the pet can be "imbued" with. Just a guess though.
Kyronix said on TC the other day that that 5000 points was an error and was gonna be changed next fix go round.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I come again with my "make finding and taming a "good" pet still matter"-issue :)

Atm, if u want 80 phys resist, u can just imbue it on the pet, no matter what the initial resist was or the "natural given" resist limit or this species is. The only limitation is the total amount of resist points u are able to spend (plus the upper limit for an imbued resist of 80 - natural ones can be higher, eg rune beetles can keep up to 95 poison resist).

Lets take the rune beetle: natural physical resist is capped at 65. Let's take it this as 100%. Now u tame a beetle that has 60 resist. You want to imbue max phys resist; but since the "real" beetle has only 60 instead of 65, u are only allowed to imbue 60/65 = 92% = 73 max phy resist on this special beetle.

Do this to all values that can be treated this way (also stats), and u will safe the situation that finding "good" pets is still something that matters. And pets will still keep their uniqueness.

Regards, fizzle

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can cap max resist depending on slot level like they did it with base damage.
They can use max spawning cap as base and let add +5 on top of this per slot level.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was also the time UK got cut off from Europa (when Suddenlink supplied part of the route) No one could get in, we thought the shard was down, but the shard happily carried on without us for 8 hours, accessible for US players and with EA blissfully unaware that there was a problem. I ended up re-taming my white wyrm in Ankh while dodging lich and rotting corpses.
Greetings,

We appreciate your concern that the auto log out pet stable is there to prevent the loss of pets due to genuine connection loss etc.

So the following solution is proposed:
  • Pets will be auto stabled upon log out of the character (after the character has fully logged out of game, (i.e after 5 mins or insta if you're in your house etc)
  • Upon login the auto stabled pets are to be retrieved from the stables.
This way nobody loses a pet and the system is not abused to prevent pet death or to summon pets to areas where pet summoning is prohibited.

I would like to thank the participants of this weeks "mid-morning matters with Mervyn" for their contribution to the solution.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

We appreciate your concern that the auto log out pet stable is there to prevent the loss of pets due to genuine connection loss etc.

So the following solution is proposed:
  • Pets will be auto stabled upon log out of the character (after the character has fully logged out of game, (i.e after 5 mins or insta if you're in your house etc)
  • Upon login the auto stabled pets are to be retrieved from the stables.
This way nobody loses a pet and the system is not abused to prevent pet death or to summon pets to areas where pet summoning is prohibited.

I would like to thank the participants of this weeks "mid-morning matters with Mervyn" for their contribution to the solution.

@Kyronix @Bleak
But - the problem is not that pets are autostabled on log out, it's that they used to be left in game when you lost connection, as in my example. The whole of UK lost connection and couldn't get back in because of a fault on a Suddenlink server, before autostable was introduced. Many people lost pets completely, mine went wild in a dungeon and I was very fortunate to be able to re-tame it. How the heck would your 'solution' prevent such loses?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand, you said this was before auto stable was introduced? So yes this would be prevented if auto stabling prevents this. As the pets will be auto stabled, after 5 mins.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand, you said this was before auto stable was introduced? So yes this would be prevented if auto stabling prevents this. As the pets will be auto stabled, after 5 mins.
You're going to leave the pet alone in a spawn area for 5 minutes if the tamer loses connection?
I think you better think again, I prefer not to have to rez the pet when I get back in game if possible.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra you;'ve raised another advantage to my proposal that i overlooked. My proposal will actually result in less afk death.

Currently, when you're killing spawn and suffer a power/connection outage, your pet immediately logs out. However in most cicumstances it would be advantageous for the pet to remain defending you. Lets say you're running with your Greater Dragon with "consume damage" mastery on like normal. If you lose con in spawn, currently, your pet insta dissapears leaving the spawn to all attack you afk. Whereas with my proposal, your pet remains defending you in game until you either reconnect or your char is fully logged out.

I also would like to not log in dead when i have a powercut in spawn or during pvp, but sometimes it happens. There's no reason that your pet should be any more immune to this than your char is.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running 'consume damage' is something that I can only do for very brief periods, since I don't have endless mana - I don't know many tamers that do, it is definately not 'like normal'. While I don't like logging back in to find myself dead, I don't lose skill through it, as my pet does. My tamer is not the only character I have that appreciates autostable, my crafters and my warrior do too.

Also - just because I object to your plan to remove or make useless autostable does not mean that I habitually abuse the function. I do not appreciate groundless accusations sent to my icq.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder why some people want to make all other unhappy for their own....not benefit, not profit....more like pleasure.....?
Is it pure spite?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To quote Hanlon's razor:
Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
I am a big fan of Hanlon's razor in RL. But this is the interwebs. I find that quite a few internet users liberated from society's norms by internet's anonymity, quite simply enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on others.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, the cheaters got busted and take it out on the whistleblower, grow up. How about you just enjoy the game without cheating?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running 'consume damage' is something that I can only do for very brief periods, since I don't have endless mana - I don't know many tamers that do, it is definately not 'like normal'. While I don't like logging back in to find myself dead, I don't lose skill through it, as my pet does. My tamer is not the only character I have that appreciates autostable, my crafters and my warrior do too.

Also - just because I object to your plan to remove or make useless autostable does not mean that I habitually abuse the function. I do not appreciate groundless accusations sent to my icq.
Just curious, how often does your crafter lose con in the middle of spawn?

Dear devs, please make my char auto log out just incase my crafter loses connection in spawn, i promise i won't use it when i'm getting ganked.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She doesn't have to be in the middle of a spawn to end up dead if she loses con. Just a wandering ettin when she's mining will do it. She has also spent some considerable time before autostable working in a circle out from where she died trying to find her beetle, or its ghost.

I think I'm done answering your nasty inuendos. I Don't cheat - if I'm taking a pet to Ilsh I walk there with the pet following obediently behind me, if the pet is in danger of dying I work harder to heal it, or rez it regretfully, I've never logged to save it dying yet. I don't like having a dead pet, but it's far better than having a lost pet, which is the problem autostable was put in to solve, and the reason I don't agree with your idea.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forgive me but i don't quite understand the extent of your selfishness if you're not using this exploit. You're not happy to sacrifice, the death of your untrained bonded horse on your crafter if you happen to lose con outside a guardzone, in order to stop people from cheating?
I know sometimes I myself can be selfish but that is really quite something.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
forgive me but i don't quite understand the extent of your selfishness if you're not using this exploit. You're not happy to sacrifice, the death of your untrained bonded horse on your crafter if you happen to lose con outside a guardzone, in order to stop people from cheating?
I know sometimes I myself can be selfish but that is really quite something.
Do you know how often this ability has saved me from losing a beloved pet???

My ISP "reserves" the right to drop my internet for maintenance anytime after midnight before 5am... Well as it happens I work nights... so generally when I'm playing is between midnight a 5am... they don't email me or give me any warning what-so-ever..... they just "click" ..... and off it goes. Whether I'm in the middle of surfing the web or I'm in the midst of a spawn... You have no idea how many times I've cursed them as I know I'll be logging in to a gray screen whenever their "maintenence" is finished... which can take HOURS. Talk about frustrations... but I don't stop playing anything between midnight and 5am just because there is an off chance that this might be the day they shut me down. I just go on about my merry business knowing it "could" happen.

The way this works now has saved me many a time from losing a beloved pet... I recall this happening one time when I was in the middle of walking through the jukka city of Monitor... in Illsh... remember crossing the dragon and then "click" no internet.... long before this was implemented... I came back 3 hours later and my pet was soooooo unhappy... but thankfully still sort of in the area there... I was freaking out. Had that happened now I would have found my pet right there next to me just as happy as he was when I was tossed off the internet. So I don't panic everytime I go somewhere thinking that I'm going to lose my internet and my pet. It gives me peace of mind to keep playing.