• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Store Item: Eowmu

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes I get the EOW part it's the MU part that is perplexing... also it's quite amusing that they took a suggestion from a character called Eowyn, in most newer games copyrighted character names are not allowed, even of very minor characters from Tolkien, Forgotten Realms etc. hence a lot of 'creative' spellings.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You answered yourself. They kept the first 3 letters and tossed on mu. To avoid copyright issues.

They would have called your idea a ShirNaymu.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hahahahaha now that would be a ridiculous creature....but still I don't understand why they chose MU because it makes you think of an emu, then again I guess using the last part of peacock wasn't really an option! :p

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This majestic creature hails from mysterious origins
we don't know the origin of said creature... its tail does look like a peacock but its an Emu

once upon a time, I saw an episode of Amazing Race on TV where they had to do an emu race... they are very fast creatures... but i'm guessing this vanity pet wont be fast like that...

when I saw it in the store I didn't like the pic posted there but when I logged onto Atlantic and saw two of them side by side... I'm thinking I really like it....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What amazes me is, they don't have time for simple code fixes to High Seas, but someone has the time to shat out things like this or new colored hair dyes.
Dyes probably only take a few hours (at most) to add, since it should mostly be a matter of data entry (hue number) and testing. New mounts are done by the artists, not the programmers. Bleak and Kyronix just add it to the clients and reskin something that already exists (ostards in this case).

High Seas isn't going to be a "simple fix" to resolve its more annoying aspects. Since they're mostly combat related, they'll need testing and tweaking before being introduced. Remember the invulnerable ship bug? I wouldn't want that fix accidentally erased in a rush to fix something else.

High Seas will need a stem to stern overhaul to get it to where we want to be. Not only does the crafting need to be made less of a click frenzy, but so does firing a canon. We also need a greater variety of enemy ships to fight...undead...seasonal...rogue Nujel'm navy ships...Pagan cultists, etc.

Fishing quests need updating as well, specifically to be made less punitive. Fishmongers added to the Minoc and Yew docks, etc.

Hopefully, the devs will work on this next after the holiday break.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is Ultima's world?
Neither?

I can't even say what I'm angry about in this forum without getting into politically correct trouble
Please... give me a break with this tiresome nonsense. Just talk rather than act like a martyr. Unless it's "the gays" that are making you angry, or something along those lines, I don't think you have to worry.

I haven't been able to log in and kill liches or ogre lords to get anything meaningful in far too long. Ultima is supposed to look like metal ore, armor, sewing leather, and undead/ogres/dragons. It's not supposed to be a circus full of the most flamboyantly dressed creatures anyone could imagine. It use to look and feel "realer." Rare colors use to be rare and meaningful. It makes me completely sick and disgusted about what they are doing/have done with our game. It makes me seriously want to cry sometimes because of what I put into this game. Maybe the trend will change, who knows? Only time will tell... but Halloweens can only keep you around for so long.
I mean let's get real here. UO has been full of clown colors for 15 years now. If you have a specific vision of what UO is supposed to look like, why don't you just do that, promote that, and let others do what they want? I'm not a fan of flashy colors either, but whatever, it's not going to kill me to see someone decked out in neon pink on a rainbow unicorn. Maybe petition the devs for some more muted and austere looking stuff, I'm sure lot's of people would be into it.

But really... Why can't a knight be fabulous?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the eodon quests. Get a cub.

Make a tamer.

Just noticed my Sig picture is not on phones.

Shh that is my protest against the horrible dyes and pet colors.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do the eodon quests. Get a cub.

Make a tamer.

Just noticed my Sig picture is not on phones.

Shh that is my protest against the horrible dyes and pet colors.
LOl my Bank sitting Character who rides a Slasher has no actual skills she does however still expect a tiger cub now...

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Farewell y'all.

2 castles falling once subs run out in Minoc and Ice Isle. (both Tram) and filled with 20 years worth of rares, bods and other goodies.
*mumbles about how they turned UO into Rift.....bikinis next and school uniforms.....grumbles*
:arr::arr::cursing:

Guess we just thrown the UO lore book out the back window once and for all now?
:facepalm:
As someone who just came back....you mind parting with one? I legit haven't owned a castle in my time playing Uo. Always too expensive or never able to find a spot to place. That or you should hold in case you get the urge to come back. Sometimes life gets you busy but you'll get the itch to come back and it'll suck letting stuff go. I did that once before...kick myself in the ass over it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a creation of utter thoughtless garbage.......oh like most EM Event drops then...UO is going nowere fast

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Claps for the fans of gays on Stratics*
Maybe that lich lord needs some tight leather pants? I mean... if the lich lords and silver serpents were introduced with disco balls and fabulous dinosaurs... I don't think UO would have lasted a single year. Today's Ultima is a far cry from what Richard Garriot made for us. When I came back in 2010... Ultima wasn't half bad. The free shard we came from was a lot better though, we even had a guild there with about 7 people. And we were the smallest guild on that shard... there were always 15-20 people fighting around Moonglow's cemetary.

No... we wanted to play on the official shard so we came back. I wouldn't even dream of starting a guild on the real shard though, half the people that might join would just be bots trying to gather intel anyway. And everyone has asked the devs for muted colors.... 10000 times. The devs never, ever, ever listen. It seems the 5-7 "fabulous" people on the forums always tend to have the loudest, highest pitched voices. Nah... only those people are dependent upon this game enough to argue their side... Even the most hardcore of idocers come in here and immediently have 5-6 fanboys. It's pathetic. Go ahead... comment, players nor devs care. Your side will win b/c the devs are open liberals. Remember the set of "Love Trumps Hate" containers? Roll that in with all of the fabulous styles coming out... and you can have yourself a ball buddy.

Have at it... it's still not doing anything to save the ogres, lich lords, and UO art. You can color something pink, edge it, style it with polka dots, and put big bright blue feathers on it with peacock colors all you want.... it's still not Ultima. It is what these devs have destroyed the game with only.
:facepalm:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not understanding all the hate here. Not my cup of tea but hey if it makes UO money then I'm all for it. ::shrugs::

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not about the money though is it, if it were then they would have Pet power-scrolls in the cash shop by now and be showering in the dollars.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They need a logical strategy for the store that leverages store functionality to encourage subs without nickel and diming sub players for game utility. Vanity items are perfect in the store. Stable slot tokens rather less so.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not about the money though is it, if it were then they would have Pet power-scrolls in the cash shop by now and be showering in the dollars.
I'm confused how new and returning players that have no 120 scrolls can somehow put 120 scrolls on their pets within a month. I wonder where they get those scrolls. Maybe whoever is in charge of the UO store does not like showers of $.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused how new and returning players that have no 120 scrolls can somehow put 120 scrolls on their pets within a month. I wonder where they get those scrolls. Maybe whoever is in charge of the UO store does not like showers of $.
That is puzzling isn't it....if only there was a place where people could buy these things for real cash but the money doesn't go to EA's wallet but into their own back pockets..…..Hmmmmm….if only.....
:tinhat:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone complained about dragons at events and the bank. So they nerf the dragon super heavily so that not 1 single person uses it.
I blame this problem on the tamers themselves. When we gather at the start of the event, wherever we are gathering, for the story and direections, etc. They didnt have enough sense to leave them outside, or at least parked offscreen. There was no use at all for them having a dozen dragons standing on the EM while we were struggling to see and and hear the backstories. And if you said anything about it you were immediately insulted and told to leave if ya dont like it.
While I agree, the GD should be the biggest and baddest, the actions of the tamers are the reason for this happening

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I blame this problem on the tamers themselves. When we gather at the start of the event, wherever we are gathering, for the story and direections, etc. They didnt have enough sense to leave them outside, or at least parked offscreen. There was no use at all for them having a dozen dragons standing on the EM while we were struggling to see and and hear the backstories. And if you said anything about it you were immediately insulted and told to leave if ya dont like it.
While I agree, the GD should be the biggest and baddest, the actions of the tamers are the reason for this happening
I blame this on the emphasis on rewards over content. EM events have become a painful mess of griefers trying to push out people who want to participate in the actual content. Tamers are easy characters for this. Tamers participating for the content rather than the chance of a drop tend not to do any of this.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was no use at all for them having a dozen dragons standing on the EM while we were struggling to see and and hear the backstories.
Now you just have dozens upon dozens of flapping gargoyles getting in the way.

They did add in the option to not show their flying animation, which is at least a bit better.

Rude people will always be rude people no matter what character they play.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry guys, I deleted my posts because I hate complaining over and over. Like I said, I know it doesn't help. Take care and see everyone in game.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was going to flame this but Riyana is spot on right. Make it all Vanity items. Actually might even be a good idea for people to be able to buy rares.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we can have the " new improved" phoenix ( rotfl ) but not a full colored peacock??

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally I think making it in actual peacock colours would have been nicer, although I have seen an albino peacock in real life and it was beautiful, didn't have a pink tail though....:eek:
There needs to be more thought on these vanity mounts, they seem on the whole a bit too 'girly', rainbows, pink, nail polish etc we need some more tough looking mounts! War horse with proper barding, the charger is okay but it looks in the EC like it ran through some washing and collected the bed sheets. :oops:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think making it in actual peacock colours would have been nicer, although I have seen an albino peacock in real life and it was beautiful, didn't have a pink tail though....:eek:
There needs to be more thought on these vanity mounts, they seem on the whole a bit too 'girly', rainbows, pink, nail polish etc we need some more tough looking mounts! War horse with proper barding, the charger is okay but it looks in the EC like it ran through some washing and collected the bed sheets. :oops:
I hate paying for things in the store because I already pay a sub, but... if they put a rideable cow in there, yes, I would buy one. :(

Rideable cows and tree deeds. Two things I would for sure be willing to fork over some cash, however begrudgingly.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I like the fact they are adding new content regularly to the store I wish they gave it a bit more fanfare. It's nice that people are willing to buy these things and show us how it looks, but I am too skeptical to buy something before I know how it looks animated (particularly in the 2D client). There isn't a way to see this item on Test Shard or something, or do you just have to buy it?

Also, what is this creature?

Attachments

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, follow-up question on Vanity Mounts. Are they transferable (can you trade them), or are the bound to that player?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That dragon is a 20 vet reward (which would have looked good if it wasn’t pink)
Yes you trade the store mounts but they bond if opened/ clicked on like a pet (the store mounts are very feminine looking to me)

@G.v.P.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That dragon is a 20 vet reward (which would have looked good if it wasn’t pink)
Yes you trade the store mounts but they bond if opened/ clicked on like a pet (the store mounts are very feminine looking to me)

@G.v.P.
Thank you, I suspected they would do that... :( but that is unfortunate :) wish there was a way transfer after opening

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you, I suspected they would do that... :( but that is unfortunate :) wish there was a way transfer after opening
I haven’t tried to trade one after opening it, I’m sure it’s like the other statues though

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you claimed the pet, the token is transferable and so is the pet afterwards, as its just a low end pet like the ones from the crystals.
Not certain if they insta bond after trade though, you may have to stable them for a week like other pets