• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Store Item: Eowmu

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want to add a bit of variety to your vanity mount collection? This majestic creature hails from mysterious origins and uses its attractive tail feathers to show off its beauty! The look of this creature was heavily inspired by one of our Japanese players, Eowyn. We hope you appreciate beautiful birds as much as Eowyn. Get your Eowmu from the Ultima Store today!

Continue reading...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's so small I can't see what it is....is it a peacock thing? It doesn't look so much like an emu. I have only one question....Charger style or Windrunner style? I refuse to pay that much for a non-ethy type statuette. The Charger of the Fallen is the precedent set here. :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell y'all.

2 castles falling once subs run out in Minoc and Ice Isle. (both Tram) and filled with 20 years worth of rares, bods and other goodies.
*mumbles about how they turned UO into Rift.....bikinis next and school uniforms.....grumbles*
:arr::arr::cursing:

Guess we just thrown the UO lore book out the back window once and for all now?
:facepalm:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh god that tail....it's quite pink....is it open all the time when you ride it?? :eek:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh thanks for the video, it's not much like the original picture, it looked almost robotic in the store pic. I guess that's just the statue. The tail is crazy big!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want to add a bit of variety to your vanity mount collection? This majestic creature hails from mysterious origins and uses its attractive tail feathers to show off its beauty! The look of this creature was heavily inspired by one of our Japanese players, Eowyn. We hope you appreciate beautiful birds as much as Eowyn. Get your Eowmu from the Ultima Store today!

Continue reading...
Oddly bland coloration on the body. Kinda neat if you're into that sort of thing.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it an ethy? I wish they'd make an ethy option for the store mounts.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Farewell y'all.

2 castles falling once subs run out in Minoc and Ice Isle. (both Tram) and filled with 20 years worth of rares, bods and other goodies.
*mumbles about how they turned UO into Rift.....bikinis next and school uniforms.....grumbles*
:arr::arr::cursing:

Guess we just thrown the UO lore book out the back window once and for all now?
:facepalm:

dude you said this most likely also when they released the new phoenix. stand your man and give me one of the castles instead of waiting till one of the script looters get it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gonna be difficult to make a suit to match that.

I'll buy one.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Doubt it, it makes more sense for them to get you to stuff your stable slots with vanity mounts then charge you for extra stable slots.
Coldly logical, but discounts stealthers. I have a character that would ride one, but she already has a Rainbow Dash-- uh, Lasher, that seldom leaves the stable because she is a stealther.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The coloration is not what I would expect either. Hm.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a more masculine version coming ? So far all 3 mounts they released are very wimpy weak looking pets

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dude you said this most likely also when they released the new phoenix. stand your man and give me one of the castles instead of waiting till one of the script looters get it
Hehe, nice try.
I did say back in that Phoenix thread that if they released a Turkey mount then i'd be going.
Timing is coincidental though as I was already down sizing ready to turn accounts into EJ.
I no longer like the direction a certain person is taking the game and frankly i'm done with Broadsword.

Gonna let the Ice Castle drop so they can have some fun with it and the Minoc one i'm gonna see if a certain group of "meeting dwellers" wants it and its contents first. ;)
I'll still stalk the forums but to be honest, I think my UO days are done.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This...bird...isn't my cup of tea either. It's confusingly both too colorful and not colorful enough. :confused:

I also think they need to release the vanity mounts as ethys, I just don't want to deal with a live mount.

I do like the way it moves though.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not a turkey!

THIS is a turkey
Screenshot_24.jpg

Would have rather had this mount actually!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I liked the windrunner except the red toenails...but I wouldn't want anything that doesn't work like a Charger, but still costs the same. I don't play a tamer for a reason! :oops:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we asked them for vanity mount, they have given us vanity mounts.
im not really sure why we are complaining.

ill buy one.
nothing screams bank sitting like a vanity mount.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So can anyone "fill in the blanks"...
Where did this "bird" come from in the realms of Ultima Lore? I've never heard of it before....??

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So can anyone "fill in the blanks"...
Where did this "bird" come from in the realms of Ultima Lore? I've never heard of it before....??
According to the post on uo.com....it came from mysterious origins....Que scary music

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I liked the windrunner except the red toenails...but I wouldn't want anything that doesn't work like a Charger, but still costs the same. I don't play a tamer for a reason! :oops:
He just came back from the spa. Let him feel pretty.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just gonna leave that there...
Wark! Oh god. Now i got that music stuck in my head again. I stayed up for 72 hours straight breeding and racing Chocobos in FF7 when i was a kid. For the next week, i heard that music in my head.
You know when they finally release the FF7 remake, i'm gonna have to eat up all my vacation time. They're releasing it in parts though :(

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone got it on LS before me. darn

I have to decide which toon needs one. Maybe my Trick or Treat toon.

The players that came to see it had nothing bad to say about it. They like the tail movement.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's...interesting....

The head looks more like a rabbit though and the legs are too dark.

peacock.png

It's close though...and an interesting animal choice for a mount.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally, I don't think it looks bad or anything... I just wish the Devs would put this much effort into fixing the things that the players dislike, instead of adding stuff like this to the UO-store.

I mean, if the Quality of product was better (which is what most of the players want) they'd have more potential customers for things like this... priorities needs straightened out.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bet if they made it so you couldn't be dismounted while ridin in PVP they would sell a lot of them :gee:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally, I don't think it looks bad or anything... I just wish the Devs would put this much effort into fixing the things that the players dislike, instead of adding stuff like this to the UO-store.

I mean, if the Quality of product was better (which is what most of the players want) they'd have more potential customers for things like this... priorities needs straightened out.
Except you are wanting action from the developers/programmers, this was the work of the artists with minimal work by the developers. People have been asking for a new vanity mount and they gave.

I dont have a problem with things like this being added in the game.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except you are wanting action from the developers/programmers, this was the work of the artists with minimal work by the developers. People have been asking for a new vanity mount and they gave.

Exactly this.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It's just coincidence that I posted that in this particular thread.

I'm referring to the broader picture, not specifically to this one item. there are several examples of additions to the UO store that require more action on the devs/programmers than it does from the artist.
most recent would be the Vault/System as an example.

I never said I had a problem with it (Though, I can see how one would think otherwise, based on my wording), if people buy it, good.

It doesn't change the fact that there are far more important issues that people have already quit playing over.

I guess the problems can be moved to the side until after the holiday content though. (again)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess I just don't understand the name, why is it implied that it's based on an emu when it's clearly a peacock...does the artist not know the difference? If the tail stayed closed it would look okay, I can only see it getting in the way while open like that.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is finally getting Chocobo.

Who in their right mind would say lets ride giant peacock.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What amazes me is, they don't have time for simple code fixes to High Seas, but someone has the time to shat out things like this or new colored hair dyes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe, nice try.
I did say back in that Phoenix thread that if they released a Turkey mount then i'd be going.
Timing is coincidental though as I was already down sizing ready to turn accounts into EJ.
I no longer like the direction a certain person is taking the game and frankly i'm done with Broadsword.

Gonna let the Ice Castle drop so they can have some fun with it and the Minoc one i'm gonna see if a certain group of "meeting dwellers" wants it and its contents first. ;)
I'll still stalk the forums but to be honest, I think my UO days are done.

Don't quit! I'm sure this is the beginning of the introduction to our newest 'mini-game"! Breeding these with the new Phoenix to have a chance of hatching the old phoenix!

Of course, the necessary supplies will be in the store for 1000 sovereigns...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I guess I just don't understand the name, why is it implied that it's based on an emu when it's clearly a peacock...does the artist not know the difference? If the tail stayed closed it would look okay, I can only see it getting in the way while open like that.
The look of this creature was heavily inspired by one of our Japanese players, Eowyn

Éowyn is a fictional character in Tolkien's legendarium who appears in his most famous work, The Lord of the Rings

Literally translated, Eowyn means "Horse joy", or joy from horses

I guess it should have been a horse???

I get the "EO" part from Eowyn....