• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] New Rewards in the Fellowship Shop!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They must have hired the marketing guy from nbc , must see tv slogan....

" if you havent seen it, its new to you "

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cowl of Mace and Shield:

upload_2019-11-1_18-41-20.png

Made with Abysmal cloth.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those cowls are butt ugly

Shoulda just chopped the top of a hooded shroud off smh

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are the base resists of a pumpkin helm

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I kind of like it, would be cool with blaze cloth
Im sure europa gold will be popular. I was hoping for some red to be there like the Weapon belt has with Abysmal.

I like Prismatic Lenses better so I just made 1 to look at.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean would people seriously wanna walk around with a flipping pumpkin on their head for more than 1 day of the year? Takes all kinds I guess.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean would people seriously wanna walk around with a flipping pumpkin on their head for more than 1 day of the year? Takes all kinds I guess.
The pk's of the "The Order of Pumpkin killers" guild will wear this head part only.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new hats are all weird, when you run on mount they stay in their exact position while the rest of your char moves. It looks really bad because of this or else I'd find a way to wear a pumpkin head.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just awful someone needs to get a kick up the arse and get motivated. These "rewards" are just ****. No use for anything. Let's have some new decent artefacts that will actually be used.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just awful someone needs to get a kick up the arse and get motivated. These "rewards" are just ****. No use for anything. Let's have some new decent artefacts that will actually be used.
Fully agree. The whole year has been a disappointment for non-deco people. If they are concerned about power creep (although that ship has sailed a decade ago), they could put out QOL items (God knows there is plenty of material for that).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are concerned about Powercreep that I know..... so it's NOTHING till they decide what to do about it... but I've told them that cat is out of the bag no way you are putting it back in... Leastwise not without getting tore to shreds. That cat will shred them if they try.

Imagine if they decided to get rid of stuff...

Though my thought at times is let's do it... go back to the pre-AoS stuffs. But then when you think about it... that would mean Imbuing is gone... because there would be no imbuing properties on stuff if you don't have any to imbue save maybe slayer... but that would be a MASSIVE undertaking on the part of the staff and quite honestly I highly doubt they have the skills to undertake it.

Now I for one would LOVE for Dragons to be terrifying again... for liches to put a fear in you again... the sound of a lich to send chills through you... no walking about all big and bad because most things will crush you... but... at the same time there aren't enough people left for that sort of world anymore... and we would then go back to Tamers being top of the heap... and most content now would be virtually impossible without 50 people... could you imagine trying to take on a paragon Ancient Wyrm with just GM armor and weapons? Slasher? Do a Doom run?

While it would put a lot of difficulty back in the game... it might be a bit too much... but... again at this point hard to put that cat back in the bag... and if you did it would probably shred the bag and kill the game... and mostly I doubt the team could pull it off without massive pains... and I think it would cost them more than we can afford...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are concerned about Powercreep that I know..... so it's NOTHING till they decide what to do about it... but I've told them that cat is out of the bag no way you are putting it back in...
And in a true UO tradition, they look at the problem, sink thousands of hours into it, and make it worse.
There is nothing wrong with power creep. There is a very good reason all MMOs have it. If you characters did not get stronger year to year, people would get bored and quit. What is a problem is an out of control, unintended, leap like power jump, such as when they made sampires possible (I am not advocating for removal of Sampires - too late for that).
So they go from one extreme (power jumps) to another (static power level). Both are bad.
Even if they don't trust themselves to make a few items that walk the balance between too much and useless, they could make some QOL items. Examples from the past are the first aid belt and various gating devices like the jaw.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
QOL yep

Belt and jawbone are good examples. We would all love another holiday season that saw us get tokens for a SS fragment. Or remember when we all got a free transfer token?
How about a token that let's us have a free 7th char slot, and if we already have it, gives another 20% to house storage?

Cute stuff is nice...useful stuff is nicer

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
QOL yep

Belt and jawbone are good examples. We would all love another holiday season that saw us get tokens for a SS fragment. Or remember when we all got a free transfer token?
How about a token that let's us have a free 7th char slot, and if we already have it, gives another 20% to house storage?

Cute stuff is nice...useful stuff is nicer
Unfortunately there is a very small group of players that get catered to with the constant "cute stuff", and this only appears to get worse with every update.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes well I have tons of points on that fellowship vendor, I have one of each recipe for my crafter, 10 cannons, tho not sure if I will ever 'use' them as they are pretty silly looking on a boat unless it is halloween so they are being stored. I got one bottle of rum and one pumpkin helm and one rowboat just in case i ever need a reason to have em. (probably not but ya never know they are also in storage) , I don't bother with titles as to me they are a total waste of energy as mostly I have my guild title visible... cause i run a guild.... didn't bother with exploding jack o lanterns, sheesh I never toss snowballs so hardly wanna cart one of those round with me. The cinctures last an hour, waste of points.

I still have 300k points on the vendor and another 60 or so filled mythic soul binders or more. I stopped killing stuff weeks ago as had so many stored it was getting silly, no idea why they put a limit on how many you could hand in.

When you think of the useful stuff we have had in other events, jawbones, first aid belts, etc this lot of 'rewards' to me are really kinda uninspiring.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Powercreep is a definite problem in UO, one which shouldn't be so casually dismissed. It also isn't one that is easy to deal with.

Due to the way UO was originally made, there are hard caps on the stats they can give to mobs before Bad Things™ begin to happen. They've nearly maxed out those stats in some cases and the increasingly powerful playerbase still handily beats the F out of most mobs, regardless of their crazy specials.

The devs have two choices:
1) Nerf players by taking away a sizeable chunk of their damage output. This could be accomplished by increasing the strength of mob debuffs (which would be a bandage at best) or by directly nerfing our equipment and/or skills.

2) Put us in an equipment holding pattern. No "new" artifacts, just reskins and slight tweaks that don't dramatically increase the creep.

So far, they have chosen the second option - knowing the first would likely unleash a firestorm of rage on their inboxes and the boards.

This problem isn't going to go away. Eventually, someone may pull the trigger on option 1.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well IMO until they break the Sampire and nerf it into oblivion they will struggle with the problem of people soloing everything no matter what they do... if they nerf our damage output that just means that the Sampire will just have to whack at things a little longer won't stop the problem...

If they continue on the pattern they are on the risk everyone growing bored... which we see quite often... they need to realize that the once or twice a month or once a week 2 hour event by the EM's while interesting does NOT make continued content that will keep peoples interest save those who go from shard to shard to shard to do them... the rest of the players who tend to stick mostly to their home shard are BORED. Waiting all year for a bit of something to do around Halloween/Christmas also does not keep interest up in the game... Summer time people drop out like flies. While I'm aware they can't do things all the time they could turn on old stuff... many have suggested that they turn on Treasures of Tokuno... update the drops or heck they are worth points put in a few new dyes and change up the rewards a smidge to update them or something ... doesn't have to be a total rework ... add 2 new items and some new dyes and for pity sakes don't make the dyes 1 or 5 charges the 50 was probably overboard but 20 would be better... Do some little things... Bring the Bane back in Illsh or something... Ophidians vs Juka again... Let people get loyalty again and turn the reward turn in's for those back on... what would be so horrible about that???

There are a million things they could do if they wanted... many of us would LOVE to see the Vanguard again... I've said it before and I'll say it again... give them a home in Illsh where Blackthrons was... that place is totally fugly now.... let the Vanguard have it.... bring back the Dread Warhorses... Bane Dragons and things...

I recall being happy as heck with the Pink/Purple bunnies that one Easter... they could do something similar to that...

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So many people these days are multi clienting.

No wonder they think things are too easy, or they get bored, or they get too many
turn in drops they don't know what to do with.

I do not play a Sampire, but I wonder what would do more damage in the long run.
A player on a single account playing a Sampire, or a single player on three accounts, two with
Tamers and one with a Bard playing songs?

They do NOT need to nerf in anyway a single player playing a single character on a single account
because of "power creep". Most of the power creep is the players fault for multi clienting.

I would like to see all engagements be nigh impossible to run multiple accounts with. Have
the scenario be so involved that you must pay full attention to whatever your single character is doing.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So many people these days are multi clienting.

No wonder they think things are too easy, or they get bored, or they get too many
turn in drops they don't know what to do with.

I do not play a Sampire, but I wonder what would do more damage in the long run.
A player on a single account playing a Sampire, or a single player on three accounts, two with
Tamers and one with a Bard playing songs?

They do NOT need to nerf in anyway a single player playing a single character on a single account
because of "power creep". Most of the power creep is the players fault for multi clienting.

I would like to see all engagements be nigh impossible to run multiple accounts with. Have
the scenario be so involved that you must pay full attention to whatever your single character is doing.
The day they stop that is the day I close all my accounts and leave. The ONLY way you can do most of the content on small shards is to multi-client. Getting a group is nigh impossible most of the time. I am dead serious on that issue and I think a lot of others would be too. Be very careful what you wish for in this regard.

Power creep has absolutely nothing to do with multi clienting. What is the difference between 3 individual players killing a boss and 3 multicliented toons doing the same thing? I guarantee you 3 individuals do MORE damage to a boss than one person multiclienting.

Power creep is purely items having to get stronger and stronger with better mods to make them more desirable, and then monsters getting stronger and stronger to justify higher level items. How the toons bashing on a critter are being controlled is moot.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You comment how you are a Guild Leader and run a Guild, but have no one to play with??

Why are you not setting up scheduled hunts for your Guild to tackle the high end content?

You act like the game is unplayable unless you can "solo" all the top end scenarios with your one man band all
the time. There is so much else to do in this game while you wait to get a group together.

Then wonder why people get bored and why all those hundred of soulbinders you collected are worthless because the DEVs
had no choice to make them worthless because the amounts collected by everyone's mini groups are through the roof.

High end items are not meant to be handed out like candy and should have risk, patience, and perseverance involved to receive them.

Even if you didn't run a Guild, of course getting a group together is impossible most of the time because why get a group when YOU, and
other like minded people as you, are a group onto themselves.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm in an alliance with several other guilds and I am a Guild Leader... the only other person in my guild who actually still plays only plays to design and deco houses ... he doesn't actually play the game anymore. The people in my alliance play the game but they don't want to do any of the content I'd like to do... they find it a monumental waste of time and energy to do the roof and get nothing... not that I blame them.

They pretty much either do nothing but crafting and bods... or do mostly only the EM Event and call it a day.... solo what they want to get what they want... but don't really do much of anything group-wise unless you guilt them into it. And the one or two that will do stuff don't often play the same hours I do... since I work 3rd shift they often go to bed when I want to be still playing... leaving me mostly alone since well it's hard to find folk to do things with at Midnight to 5am... Those that are around want nothing more than to PvP... and that's not something I want to do, especially when any post of anything is 99 times out of 100 showing cheats and hacks... gives me zero desire to hang with that lot.

Until they can stop the rampant cheats and such many folk I know want nothing to do with most that stuff... Once upon a time I enjoyed doing IDOCs... but I can't compete with a vacuum not even going to waste my time with that crap anymore and I certainly am not going to stand about for 15 hours doing nothing while waiting on a house to fall... Only scripters do that.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You comment how you are a Guild Leader and run a Guild, but have no one to play with??

Why are you not setting up scheduled hunts for your Guild to tackle the high end content?

You act like the game is unplayable unless you can "solo" all the top end scenarios with your one man band all
the time. There is so much else to do in this game while you wait to get a group together.

Then wonder why people get bored and why all those hundred of soulbinders you collected are worthless because the DEVs
had no choice to make them worthless because the amounts collected by everyone's mini groups are through the roof.

High end items are not meant to be handed out like candy and should have risk, patience, and perseverance involved to receive them.

Even if you didn't run a Guild, of course getting a group together is impossible most of the time because why get a group when YOU, and
other like minded people as you, are a group onto themselves.
What rubbish you talk.

I run a guild as I do player run events and have the guild title so that people can identify my toons. My guild has ONE player in it with about 20 toons, all of them ME. I am allied with two other guilds.

It is YOUR opinion that I think the game is 'unplayable' unless I can solo all the top end scenarios. LMAO IF I can get two other player to join me, I do, most of the time I can't get that, come play on Oceania in the middle of the day and just show me the huge group you can get together. When I can't get allies to come I multiclient. But in YOUR opinion that is an issue, well sorry, you can shove your opinion on that where it belongs... on the garbage pile.

I have hundreds of soul binders as I Play a LOT. Being retired I have as many hours to play as I want. Fact is there is really nothing of any value to get from them, I am not the only person who is disappointed with the rewards being what they are. I stopped farming them once i realised the rewards were so lame.

Far out, I hate people like you who just make up stuff, please show me where I have said I believe high end items should be handed out like candy and all the other rubbish you just spouted. That is just another load of rubbish you try to attribute to me, although the only one saying it is YOU.

I pay for 3 accounts, if I chose to use them that is MY decision, not up to you to tell me I can't play them. Seriously if there wasn't a bunch of us multiclienting this game would shut down as what would be the point of having them if you can't play em. I can close two accounts and UO loses the revenue, that is your solution.

LMAO Go back and read and COMPREHEND what I said. Then read your reply and look at all the stuff you just made up from thin air trying to attribute that to me.

Basically the rewards are lame and not really worth having in comparison to previous years USEFUL items and that IF I can't find a group I multi-client, and that people who multi-client have nothing to do with Power Creep which you were trying to say was a cause. Then go read all the utter rubbish you wrote back in YOUR interpretation of what I said.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked if you run a guild, why don't you organize group hunts? You answered that you run a guild in name only, as one does not actually exists. Okay, fair enough.

It is YOUR opinion that I think the game is 'unplayable' unless I can solo all the top end scenarios.
I guess I misunderstood this prior quote then
The ONLY way you can do most of the content on small shards is to multi-client.
It is not needed to even have a group to do the majority of the content. If you think that most of the content in the game needs a group you need to explore more. You already mentioned you run player run events, use those organizational skills to have weekly hunts for the content you can't do solo.

But the crux of the matter is that the Fellowship rewards suck and I agree. For the most part the Pirate rewards suck also. I am of the opinion that nothing of any relevance to monster bashing was included (save the Tritons) because the Devs realize adding more powerful items to people who already fight with pocket bards, multiple tamers, etc in their one man band would be overpowering. They see it by the sheer volume of cargo and soulbinders people stocked up due to multiclienting. Of course I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me. I mean why else did they limit how many soulbinders you could store on the Fellowship guy?

And what is power creep? I always thought that it is when abilities or items are introduced into the game that leaves the older ones underpowered. The ability to be able to multiclient leaves playing a single character at a time underpowered doesn't it?

I pay for 3 accounts, if I chose to use them that is MY decision, not up to you to tell me I can't play them.
Never said you can't play them. What I would like to see, and posted earlier, was that scenarios are so involved that you must pay full attention to whatever your single character is doing.

Play as you like of course, but it is my opinion that multiclienting adds nothing to the health of the game overall and is a tool only for the greedy, impatient, and lazy.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Play as you like of course, but it is my opinion that multiclienting adds nothing to the health of the game overall and is a tool only for the greedy, impatient, and lazy.
And it is my opinion that you are just out and out rude. Given that pretty much every single player I know multi-clients, (and that is on Oceania and on Siege) I guess you must have little regard for the majority of players.

Without multi-clienting the game would be dead.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The accusation is baseless and nonsensical. It takes a lot more work to keep 2 chars alive than one, so the lazy bit is laughable. And greedy? The whole game is build around hoarding. I do not see a lot of saints running around Brittania who spend their days doing the insanely boring grind, and then give away all their stuff at the end of the day. Wanting more stuff (I guess what you call "greedy") is normal inside or outside UO.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stay on the new items please.

I like them and the ones I have double will be sold or collected.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stay on the new items please.

I like them and the ones I have double will be sold or collected.
This all the Fellowship will offer. If someone does not see the value on collecting a few of all of these items then that is their loss.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I'm wondering if the fellowship rewards cycled around or if maybe I'm missing something? I didn't play at all when this went live a couple months ago and just the past few days was able to fill a few soulbinders only to see the only recipes available was the crimson belt. Was the cowl of mace and shields and other recipes only a limited time thing (and other rewards like pumpkin head) or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you press next? They are there on LS.

upload_2020-1-7_10-47-1.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they weren't there on Sonoma yesterday, but both the fellowship and pirate at bucs den are back to normal.
All items are available again

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had 2 pages but I didn't see those other recipes there (only the 3 crimson ones). This was yesterday though that I only saw a handful of the items so maybe it was fixed?

We didn't have to donate chests to the fellowship to get the rewards did we? I didn't turn anything into the fellowship to get any coins on my chars.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had 2 pages but I didn't see those other recipes there (only the 3 crimson ones). This was yesterday though that I only saw a handful of the items so maybe it was fixed?

We didn't have to donate chests to the fellowship to get the rewards did we? I didn't turn anything into the fellowship to get any coins on my chars.
It was down yesterday. Your post was new so I assumed you had just checked.

The Devs fixed the issue that started on Jan 1, 2020.

Here is the first post of it being down: No advanced warning given, but Buc's black market no longer functioning

Both NPCs had issues with the items for sale.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED