• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Log In Servers are Down

Tyeelor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Besides the Log in servers...aren't they suppose to add the Return to Britannia at the end of May 2014?

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Besides the Log in servers...aren't they suppose to add the Return to Britannia at the end of May 2014?
LOL

They cant even fix the Login Problem!!

Can you imagine the "Return to Britannia " people receiving an email to come back and they cant even log?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want a glacial hamster that says
"I have survived the log-in debacle of 5/14...Now feed me Crickets"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thanks for burning the midnight oil to get us going again. Much appreciated.

*Tips a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in the direction of the Broadsword offices"

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm just surprised no one is on call when a server goes down or malfunctions, no monitoring capabilities? No official update? Disaster recovery process definitely needs review...
The login server is also with Amazon Web Services, as far as I know, and you'd think a company of that size and customer base would have tremendous resources at its disposal (relatively speaking, compared to a small outfit that would need someone to come in at 3 a.m. or run out in the middle of his kid's soccer game).

Yes, with the log in server, you know how it is with a Sinclair ZX81, someone just walked through the room and the air displacement jogged the 16k RAM pack in the back, they just need to unplug it and plug it in again
But let's give them some credit. They upgraded last year.

UO login server.jpg

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now let's see that in Pascal, maybe Fortran? :)

If the login servers are completely down, how about a system that responds: "Shall we play a game?"

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I wouldn't mind a nice game of chess when the servers are down...

Now, where can I enter "JOSHUA" to bypass the login server?

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just noticed something. I used to be able to log out of one character and immediately log in with another character without closing the client. Now, when I go to switch characters, I have to completely close out of UO first, then open it anew to log in the other character.

This would be extremely annoying, especially if one has to log back in with another character in a hurry....

I hope it gets fixed soon....

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This would be extremely annoying, especially if one has to log back in with another character in a hurry....

I hope it gets fixed soon....
It looks like they fixed it, thank goodness. Must have been a temporary glitch connected to the login problems.