• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Log In Servers are Down

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 May 28 20:35 GMT

Greetings everyone,

We are having issues with our log in servers, if you log out of UO you will not be able to log back in. We expect the log in servers to be down for approx. 2 more hours, if something changes I will post and let you know. I will post another update if they are not back by 6:30 pm EST.

Thanks!
UO Team

みなさん、こんにちは
現在ログインサーバーに問題が生じています、UOログアウト後また暫くはログインする事が出来ません。
2時間程のサーバーダウンになるのではと予想してます。状態の変更などわかり次第またご連絡します。
もしアメリカ東部午後6時半までにサーバーの状態が戻らない場合は改めてお知らせします。

よろしくお願い致します。

UOチーム

Continue reading...

Update #1: Posted between 7:00pm and 8:00pm Eastern - Players can log in with the Classic Client but the Enhanced client is still having log in issues. Will keep you updated. (Edit added by Tazar since the RSS Feed from UO.com does not feed over when posts are edited.

Update #2: 9:35pm EDT - While in the process of fixing the Enhanced Log in servers we are having to bring down the Classics log in servers also. We are still working on this and I will update when I hear anything. Sorry guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Now it is official. :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Could any of the 'people in charge' shed light on why the login servers are down? It happened recently, and Europa (apparently Drachenfels, too) has had some serious issues with debilitating lag during peak times over the past few days. Right now I want to play, but can't and would like to know why. Thanks!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want a days game time back ...thankyou

its my birthday.. time to play and i cant.... iam waiting devs...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
UO has taken many a day from me... I will find other things to do this evening...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just noticed something. I used to be able to log out of one character and immediately log in with another character without closing the client. Now, when I go to switch characters, I have to completely close out of UO first, then open it anew to log in the other character.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taken from UO.com

"Update: Players can log in with the Classic client but the Enchanced Client is still having log in issues. Will keep you updated"

The issue seems to have returned to Classic client again as well, within the last 20 minutes or so, you could login but it may have taken a few attempts, now it seems to not reach the shard selection screen.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just noticed something. I used to be able to log out of one character and immediately log in with another character without closing the client. Now, when I go to switch characters, I have to completely close out of UO first, then open it anew to log in the other character.
That started happening when they switched the servers to the cloud. You don't actually have to close the client like the GUMP tells you to, you can just hit the cancel button and it takes you back to the log in. We are getting the same GUMP message now but it's a server issue not a client one.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That started happening when they switched the servers to the cloud. You don't actually have to close the client like the GUMP tells you to, you can just hit the cancel button and it takes you back to the log in. We are getting the same GUMP message now but it's a server issue not a client one.
It feels odd because this is the first time it's happened to me. Never had the problem before. :confused:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*mumble mumble kicks* Good Evening, Well it would have been but seems the grimlins attacked the servers and now UO is being held hostage. Normally I wouldn't mind, much, but I wanted to play and am being prevented from doing so. *mumbles more* Perhaps it's time to start looking elsewhere for entertainment *sighs* but I am stubborn and do so love my pixels. :)

Hello everyone ! I am no one special but I am a tid bit upset that this game seems to be getting more down time then up time these days. Someone needs to call the exterminator and eradicate those vermin (gremlins) so that I and others like myself can enjoy our evening. Hoping for a speedy solution See you all soon! *prays*

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Update: Players can log in with the Classic client but the Enchanced Client is still having log in issues. Will keep you updated

LIES
LIES
LIES

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Amazing!!!
Think about it!!

Welcome to Britannia on the corner!!
Players "coming" back and they cant log in!!!

They will be like!! "Same UO from 10 years ago"" Bye Bye!!

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are players IG having fun and get all nice stuff! and i can't log in to join and get nice stuff! that is sooooo unfair *mumbles*
i want a time warp !!!!!!!

T

Tazar

It would be nice to have an update, to know if someone is still working on the problem or if everyone called it a day.

Zalfein
Yes. They are still working on it - even at 9:40pm.

Our RSS Feed does not pick up edited posts on UO.com so I am manually adding the updates to the original post above. Check the bottom of that post for the latest information.

T

Tazar

9:35 pm EDT update: While in the process of fixing the Enhanced Log in servers we are having to bring down the Classics log in servers also. We are still working on this and I will update when I hear anything. Sorry guys!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes. They are still working on it - even at 9:40pm.

Our RSS Feed does not pick up edited posts on UO.com so I am manually adding the updates to the original post above. Check the bottom of that post for the latest information.
Well YOUR working so what the heck lol

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
MESSANA:

9:35 pm EDT update: While in the process of fixing the Enhanced Log in servers we are having to bring down the Classics log in servers also. We are still working on this and I will update when I hear anything. Sorry guys!

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think this is a sign....I've only been back for 2 days and the 3rd day I can't log in.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Update: Players can log in with the Classic client but the Enchanced Client is still having log in issues. Will keep you updated#

Not true..... log in with CC is still not possible!!!!!!!!!!

T

Tazar

Update: Players can log in with the Classic client but the Enchanced Client is still having log in issues. Will keep you updated#

Not true..... log in with CC is still not possible!!!!!!!!!!
True! The most recent update says that they took down the Classic log-in servers to work on the total service (both clients). Hopefully they'll be up soon.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After coincidentally rearranging my office on the same day the login servers go down, I'm just glad to find out I didn't break anything... "It's not just me!" *Phew!*

On a side note, I just bought a new computer chair--it's the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*twiddles thumbs* Welcome back to those coming back ! *taps foot* I demand the safe return of my pixels please. :) *imagines servers crashing when they come up with everyone logging in at the same time*