NEWS [UO.Com] Log In Servers are Down

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
So this was down all night? Glad I went to bed. Being laid off right now there would normally be a good chance I would have just stayed up all night. lol. Worse part was I got in once, thought it was fixed, went out for a smoke, timed out, lol. Poke my with a fork after that, I was done *sigh*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
UO.com is back up. Wonder who downloaded the client, then couldn't get in, and wrote this game off last night?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
Still down; this is past 14 hours now. I know folks were half-kidding when they talked about a day's credit 30 minutes in, but now it's becoming more of a serious issue.

Reactions: old gypsy

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 2, 2011
I'm just surprised no one is on call when a server goes down or malfunctions, no monitoring capabilities? No official update? Disaster recovery process definitely needs review...

Reactions: DJAd

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I'm getting the feeling it's a hardware issue. This is big money thing for EA. I'm sure they will be on it today.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Apr 29, 2014
Yes, with the log in server, you know how it is with a Sinclair ZX81, someone just walked through the room and the air displacement jogged the 16k RAM pack in the back, they just need to unplug it and plug it in again

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I'm just surprised no one is on call when a server goes down or malfunctions, no monitoring capabilities? No official update? Disaster recovery process definitely needs review...
Actually they posted rather regularly on Facebook. Last post was about 11:30 last night saying the server was working but laggy, lol. That was after they had been working on them for about 8 hours or so. So they knew about the problem, they just gave up at some point and went to bed lol.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
To be more specific "Currently folks are able to log in with both clients but may experience some lag or possible "hang ups" while logging in. Hopefully that will be resolved in the morning. Sorry guys!" That came about 12:30 AM Eastern according to Facebook time.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
I am expecting that there wont be major reverts, what do you think? I have been ingame about 4 h ago and everything was fine...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
So people did get in last night. I just kept hitting it at the wrong time I guess. I don't see a revert happening. The game was working fine. We just couldn't get into it.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nov 19, 2013
To be more specific "Currently folks are able to log in with both clients but may experience some lag or possible "hang ups" while logging in. Hopefully that will be resolved in the morning. Sorry guys!" That came about 12:30 AM Eastern according to Facebook time.
What is this Face... book... you speak of, and how can I defeat it?!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Yeah this started between like 3PM and 3:30 PM eastern yesterday afternoon. So this has been a fairly long time for a company like EA. Yes it's been up and down since then, but pretty much unreliable. I imagine they will start working on it again shortly. Anyone know where the login servers are located? If they need parts it could be awhile yet.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Bah, I don't need a flagpole. What we need is a functioning login server. This has been an issue for three days now, originating on the West Coast servers. They have a major software issue.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I just hope that the price tag for the fix is on EA's ticket and not Broadsword's . . . .
I thought the login servers were always handled by EA. But that was long ago. No idea these days. I know Broadsword has been posting, but I'm not 100% that they actually handle this part of it. Between EA/Mythic/Broadsword the whole account management thing is a real mess. It was a nightmare for me to get my old accounts back. That needs serious work. I wonder how many people have just given up trying to return to UO. We should be able to go to UO account management and handle everything there. Then if you want to buy game time or something you have to go to Origin, lol. The whole thing is a mess.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS
S**t happens. We deserve nothing more then a dead hampster container in a new color. I don't know about others. My UO time lately has had no drive other then to log in every three days to refresh the boat. Then trying to catch a few of the 84 Fred Lobsters I need. If not up for the mind numbing trapping. Chase and fill a few BoDs.

Once up we need another 3 month long invasion. Low drop rate boss that for love of the pixel god is not bard immune. Thinking any event that had to deal with Ophids was fun. Invasions seems best time to see players working together. Can't count those stick & carrot EM events as a gathering. Can only sit on your hand so many times before it stops being a stranger.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
One time they gave us cute little sleeping hamster containers.

Maybe this time we'll get hamster corpses?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Can't they hire some programmers?? I mean, good programmers?
Harsh, but I hear ya! :) I have a feeling they are trying to fix this whole account management mess for the Return to Britannia promotion I've been hearing rumors of. That's my conspiracy theory, lol. No sense having a promotion if no one can figure out how to get their accounts back.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
OK I give up. Promised my mom to take her to the doctor today, so I need to grab a shower and go get her. Hopefully it'll be working this afternoon. Good luck folks!