• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Happy Summer! A Special Gift For You!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/9/2019 Have you ever wanted to sit and relax by the gentle crackle of a bonfire? Now you can! Whether you are looking to roast some fish steaks or want to cook some ribs by the fire this bonfire is sure to please! Visit the Britain Commons to claim yours today! The dispensers are being built manually and we appreciate your patience as we place the dispenser on each shard. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. While you're placing things, can you put back the player memorials you removed from Baja? Pretty please with sugar on it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clicky lasts 5 days!
Get it now. Each toon gets one!!!

upload_2019-7-9_13-43-22.png

It appears in Backpack. Have to light or douse in backpack.

upload_2019-7-9_13-44-27.png

@Gidge figure out how to just have the fire showing pls!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have been putting clickys by Luna bank because of the asswipes there. Bonfire is by Luna Stable.
Thanks, i actually found it right after i posted this. it was outside the bank. lately it's been inside.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They have been putting clickys by Luna bank because of the asswipes there. Bonfire is by Luna Stable.
Hey! I'm not an... Oh, wait... Are you referring to the people that steal the gifts? I like to think the gifts are for the people who play there. Stealing them from people who have no intention of ever playing on Siege is actually a noble cause as far as I'm concerned. The ones that I have will eventually end up in the hands of people who play on Siege. I would say that the people who come to steal my gifts are the real asswipes.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We can work out a deal for the Bonfire.
Great idea. Here is my offer: Abandon thy possessions and come play on Siege where men are men and ladies are ladies and I will allow you to keep your things when I am not around. I will also give you one bonfire for your trouble. You will not be disappointed.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hey! I'm not an... Oh, wait... Are you referring to the people that steal the gifts? I like to think the gifts are for the people who play there. Stealing them from people who have no intention of ever playing on Siege is actually a noble cause as far as I'm concerned. The ones that I have will eventually end up in the hands of people who play on Siege. I would say that the people who come to steal my gifts are the real asswipes.
its people like that, the reason I won't play there... (that and I just hate fel)
I do gather my gifts there, for a guild mate who does play there.
She helps me out with transfers and I help her get stuff that she needs.

I was actually thinking about building a house on Siege, when someone stole something from me before I could Siege Bless it.
When I told him who I was getting it for, I was told that they would have given it back to me.
They said they hated her, so they would keep it.
She was a governor at the time.

But then again, when I played an elf for Santa
Santa was murdered, so after that I just didn't care for the shard.

===================

I do have to say I LOVE the bon fire.
I just have to get the perfect place built to be able to use them all

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tell him thanks for me. We don't need another house that nobody uses here anyway.
To be fair, most of them were placed with good intentions. I have two over there that have been lightly used and played there for a bit, but at this stage of UO it's just too annoying and difficult to start over on a new shard with no way to transfer over necessary items. I even have 20 years worth of holiday gifts/rewards in banks there to trade people for things, and it was still a gigantic pain doing anything on Siege with the lack of ability to get anything and tiny population. Freja's NEW2 guild was helpful at first but there's a staggering level of inequality there between veteran siege players and newer ones. The veteran players can lose 5 high-end suits a week and not even care since they have 500 more stored away from years of making them, while losing 1 suit, or even 1 item, puts a newer player out of commission for days while they replace it, only to almost immediately lose it again. It seemed like the only newer players there that had a chance (without devoting 6+ hours a day for months getting started) were the ones who joined Gilfane and had access to their vast resources.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To be fair, most of them were placed with good intentions. I have two over there that have been lightly used and played there for a bit, but at this stage of UO it's just too annoying and difficult to start over on a new shard with no way to transfer over necessary items. I even have 20 years worth of holiday gifts/rewards in banks there to trade people for things, and it was still a gigantic pain doing anything on Siege with the lack of ability to get anything and tiny population. Freja's NEW2 guild was helpful at first but there's a staggering level of inequality there between veteran siege players and newer ones. The veteran players can lose 5 high-end suits a week and not even care since they have 500 more stored away from years of making them, while losing 1 suit, or even 1 item, puts a newer player out of commission for days while they replace it, only to almost immediately lose it again. It seemed like the only newer players there that had a chance (without devoting 6+ hours a day for months getting started) were the ones who joined Gilfane and had access to their vast resources.
Pretty much and guilty of that myself ... but even still it seems that almost everywhere you go everyone does everything solo and the days of doing things as a guild and with a group are pretty much done save for their once a day thing... which really never satisfied my drive to do things with a group.

Find that more often than not many groups talk a lot about doing stuff but when it comes to actually doing things it's solo all the way... or small tiny very close-knit groups who don't really include outsiders. So finding a group to do things with is rather difficult pretty much anywhere. So you either join the solo everything sampire playstyle or you slowly fade away or log in check a few things and log out. But that's pretty much every shard, not just Siege.

And I'm sorry but sitting around waiting to steal gifts from other players seems rather pathetic, crude and well anti-social... that honestly seems really counterintuitive to a game that is supposed to be about virtue and an MMO... don't see where that really encourages folk to want to play or stay. But par for the course of late to the soloistic playstyle that seems to be the "norm" in the game anymore... gone are the days of community and co-operation...

But that fate was sealed when they removed the need to interact by killing off the need to visit a crafter to get repairs... introduce AoS and the power creep... now 1 person can hold a dungeon and pretty much wipe it out and keep spawn to a minimum... more than one player doing even Destard will be standing about bored most the time waiting for something to spawn... killing it in 2 or 3 hits and waiting around again...

Siege for a while reminded me of my young days as a new player because even something like taming a dragon was fraught with difficulty ... as I had no suit... My "Mage" armor was a self-made Arcane outfit... no real resists at all and that was challenging... but once skills were obtained and the pets obtained Siege became more of an annoyance than anything with the lack of being able to sell to NPCs... buying from NPCs overly expensive ... and the threat of being PK'd all the time more than annoying...
The "fun" wore off fairly quickly...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege is Siege, we are different and like it that way. @MalagAste sitting around waiting to steal something from someone may seem pathetic to you, but to others it is a valid play style that is only viable on Siege. And as far as Santa getting murdered, the sumbitch had it coming after his reindeer crapped all over my roof.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It does especially when it's a "gift" and really not worth anything as there are 100's of them it's a clicky...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actually thinking about building a house on Siege
Out of curiosity, does building a House on Siege Perilous CONDEMNS a House on another, regular Commercial Shard that one might have or is it permitted for an account to have TWO Houses, one on a Commercial Shard and one on Siege Perilous ?

Is there any official info on this somewhere ?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Out of curiosity, does building a House on Siege Perilous CONDEMNS a House on another, regular Commercial Shard that one might have or is it permitted for an account to have TWO Houses, one on a Commercial Shard and one on Siege Perilous ?

Is there any official info on this somewhere ?
You can have one on siege also

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
at this stage of UO it's just too annoying and difficult to start over on a new shard with no way to transfer over necessary items.
There are no "necessary" items. Once you adopt this mentality, you realize that Siege is the only place where having stuff actually means anything. I get it though, you have been spoiled by the Trammy lifestyle as so many players have grown accustomed. Playing here is a bit like choosing to work even though you could make just as much by staying home. I totally understand why it would seem difficult and annoying, but I have always thought that nothing worthwhile comes easy. It's just a difference in our mentality.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those reading this thread who may not know: There is an active guild on Siege called NEW, headed by Shalimar. NEW emissaries are online throughout the day and very glad to help newcomers or those returning after a long absence from the shard. NEW is supported by all of the Siege community so they have access to all of the resources any one really needs to play effectively and train skills.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I totally understand why it would seem difficult and annoying, but I have always thought that nothing worthwhile comes easy. It's just a difference in our mentality.
I don't play UO for the difficulty and annoying. I work in engineering and construction for gas turbine and centrifugal compressor applications in the oil & gas & chemical fields.

I play UO to clicky the little bonfire thingy, and you're mean.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I prefer diabolical.

I work in a public school with children. After the end of a long day, I just want to ruin someone's evening.
I expect you already were.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well this thread took a hard turn away from Bonfires.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
someone needs to get like 50 bonfires and plaster their entire roof with them.
then post the pic.
i need to see that.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer diabolical.

I work in a public school with children. After the end of a long day, I just want to ruin someone's evening.
There was this saying "Stratics is cheaper than therapy". There we go. Would you describe yourself as a griefer?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was this saying "Stratics is cheaper than therapy". There we go. Would you describe yourself as a griefer?
Call me what you want. I am role-playing a villain when playing as Stinky Pete. Pete hates elves and owns a gargoyle slave, does that make me a racist? I guess the answer to your question is no, I wouldn't describe myself as a griefer, but some people might and that's fine. If my playstyle causes other people grief, it's their problem, not mine. My advice to them is to not get so attached to their stuff. Most players on Siege understand this, the ones that come to collect the gifts are the ones that cry and whine in gen chat. I'll also have you know that I won't troll them as they whine in GC unless they mention me by name because it lets the shard know that I am online which I like to keep secret as I am pretty much considered kill on sight to everyone. I almost never use GC until I am exposed.

It may also surprise you to learn that I have characters that aren't evil and have a fairly decent reputation. I just don't play them as often and they aren't as sexy to talk about. Occasionally, I will put a disguise kit on one of these toons when someone from my guild requires their skills. I occasionally use them to fence stolen things as well because some people refuse to buy items from me or refuse to give a fair price for stolen goods.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Call me what you want. I am role-playing a villain when playing as Stinky Pete. Pete hates elves and owns a gargoyle slave, does that make me a racist? I guess the answer to your question is no, I wouldn't describe myself as a griefer, but some people might and that's fine. If my playstyle causes other people grief, it's their problem, not mine. My advice to them is to not get so attached to their stuff. Most players on Siege understand this, the ones that come to collect the gifts are the ones that cry and whine in gen chat. I'll also have you know that I won't troll them as they whine in GC unless they mention me by name because it lets the shard know that I am online which I like to keep secret as I am pretty much considered kill on sight to everyone. I almost never use GC until I am exposed.

It may also surprise you to learn that I have characters that aren't evil and have a fairly decent reputation. I just don't play them as often and they aren't as sexy to talk about. Occasionally, I will put a disguise kit on one of these toons when someone from my guild requires their skills. I occasionally use them to fence stolen things as well because some people refuse to buy items from me or refuse to give a fair price for stolen goods.
Bottom line Pete is this is a fantasy role playing game and that’s what those of us that like the play style are doing. Living a fantasy where we are a thief and cutpurse. If anyone actually tries to say that we are bad people or trolls in real life, I just find that comical and ridiculous all at once

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bottom line Pete is this is a fantasy role playing game and that’s what those of us that like the play style are doing. Living a fantasy where we are a thief and cutpurse. If anyone actually tries to say that we are bad people or trolls in real life, I just find that comical and ridiculous all at once
I couldn't agree with you more. I don't really think anyone honestly believes that playing a video game villain makes me a bad person in real life. Because as you said, that would be comical and ridiculous.

Perhaps sharing my views on the subject will convince someone to take up my playstyle which I would consider a win for the whole Siege community. Even if they don't want to play a thief or villain they can still enjoy abandoning their possessions and beginning a new life here. There are plenty around that can speak to the virtuous side of the shard. I attempt to speak to the others. Hell, even if their motivations are only to find and kill me for some stupid thing I said here, I still consider that a win. My loyalties are to the Siege community above all else, even personal gain.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is quite dangerous. People sometimes are so addictive to the game that their mind is full of villain ideas all day long. Are you sure you can escape from the game ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is quite dangerous. People sometimes are so addictive to the game that their mind is full of villain ideas all day long. Are you sure you can escape from the game ?
No, somtimes I convince myself that I can turn into a white tiger and murder my 93 year old neighbor and loot her 1983 Buick Century station wagon. Thank heavens I live in a guard zone or I may have already done so.

I don't even know how to respond to this besides completely insane sarcasm. Now I'll be up all night wondering if there was an answer that's crazier than this question, somehow, I doubt it. I just hope your question was a joke.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, somtimes I convince myself that I can turn into a white tiger and murder my 93 year old neighbor and loot her 1983 Buick Century station wagon. Thank heavens I live in a guard zone or I may have already done so.

I don't even know how to respond to this besides completely insane sarcasm. Now I'll be up all night wondering if there was an answer that's crazier than this question, somehow, I doubt it. I just hope your question was a joke.
*eyes his cat with great suspicion*

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its people like that, the reason I won't play there... (that and I just hate fel)
I do gather my gifts there, for a guild mate who does play there.
She helps me out with transfers and I help her get stuff that she needs.

I was actually thinking about building a house on Siege, when someone stole something from me before I could Siege Bless it.
When I told him who I was getting it for, I was told that they would have given it back to me.
They said they hated her, so they would keep it.
She was a governor at the time.

But then again, when I played an elf for Santa
Santa was murdered, so after that I just didn't care for the shard.

===================

I do have to say I LOVE the bon fire.
I just have to get the perfect place built to be able to use them all
That was me that murdered Santa and we have since reconciled and actually become friends. You should get the entire story straight before you stop caring for something that you didn't give a fair chance...