• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forgotten Treasures TC Release 2

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But those mobs that spawn are the sole reason I do high level chests... For the mobs that spawn that I want to tame... Now I need to take a group to do them and have to futz with a stupid puzzle and put on a useless skill.... and for what???? For less reward? This makes sense in what universe? Why would a higher chest give ****tier loot and require more ******** with negatives on the rewards?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or smart alecky, but you could still do horde or trove maps to get the monsters to spawn, even if you can't get the chest untrapped to loot it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or smart alecky, but you could still do horde or trove maps to get the monsters to spawn, even if you can't get the chest untrapped to loot it.
What would be the point?? Just to tame the initial spawn? What happens when what I want to tame doesn't spawn? Then what? I wasted a map for that?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear Mods:

If ever, EVER I come on here again requesting something be upgraded or bumped a bit, or for anything at all to be changed, please ban me from the forums and delete that post immediately.

Thanking you in advance

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dear Mods:

If ever, EVER I come on here again requesting something be upgraded or bumped a bit, or for anything at all to be changed, please ban me from the forums and delete that post immediately.

Thanking you in advance
Is there a way to save this post permanently so that I can hold you to this forever?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if they put the traps on the lower level to help build the Remove trap requirement. Then as you reach GM Remove Trap you could do the level 4 and 5 without a Puzzle. Make it a scale
  • 0-25 remove Trap can do level 1 maps.
  • 25-50 can do level 2
  • 50-75 can do level 3
  • 75-100 can can do level 4 and 5 without The Puzzle.
That way they keep the puzzle Remove Trap is Required and the most valuable items don't have a chance to turn to dust due to a Puzzle failure that is just dumb luck on completing it without a failure. Sorry but unless you are psychic or just lucky you are going to fail at most of these puzzles.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if they put the traps on the lower level to help build the Remove trap requirement. Then as you reach GM Remove Trap you could do the level 4 and 5 without a Puzzle. Make it a scale
  • 0-25 remove Trap can do level 1 maps.
  • 25-50 can do level 2
  • 50-75 can do level 3
  • 75-100 can can do level 4 and 5 without The Puzzle.
That way they keep the puzzle Remove Trap is Required and the most valuable items don't have a chance to turn to dust due to a Puzzle failure that is just dumb luck on completing it without a failure. Sorry but unless you are psychic or just lucky you are going to fail at most of these puzzles.
I really like this idea. They make disarm trap relevant but don't force people to have it AND they make puzzles a part of the game without forcing them on people. If you havn't posted this on the "official" forum please do.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What am I missing here - why do we need puzzles on ANY level if we have 100 remove trap? Isn't that what Remove Trap 100 skill is for? I hate puzzles and suck at doing them, if they put these on chests, I am done, done doing chests and considering done with everything.

I hate the dust pile that replaces something in the chest when you fail to lock pick at GM, it makes me sick to think that pile of dust might have been the only Legendary in a chest I've got for digging a whole lot of high level chests. Now we're going to have to do puzzles which we will fail at several times and, very likely in my case, lose several items?

This is NOT a game positive, it makes players angry at the game or at least does me and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. If we have the highest level of any skill, we should NOT fail IMO.

This whole "upgrade" or whatever you call it is putting the game at risk for not only me but a lot of folks. I'm sure most of us read the posts, Stratics and also the official boards, so how many positive opinion posts are in those categories?

I remember asking for updated rewards for fishing for several years now and several people agreed and now I am told that fishing is not even in the plans to update because of the time it took to do all this other stuff.

Several folks did ask for better loot for TChests, but who decided it needed completely redone? I sure wish our overworked DEVs spent their valuable time on fixing bugs like why we hit our friends pets with our target macros, not unwanted crap like this TChest thing is turning out to be.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T - Hunters go vote on this poll so that Kyronix can get over the fallacy that the majority of thunters only do high level maps in groups ffs. No flipping idea where he got that idea from: POLL official forum

I am over thunting if you have these stupid puzzles, the most boring damn things EVER. I hated them in Khaldun but put up with them as they were are short term thing, but this is just moronic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't mind the puzzles I think they would be great for a way to work up the skill... what I mind is that the puzzles are a seriously random chance... All of the puzzles are random chance... even if you get hints on the Cylinder puzzles that is mastermind... so I know what the colors are that doesn't mean I know the order in which they appear.. that I still have to guess at... they do give you the first one if you are high enough in skill but still it's stupid chance... and you WILL fail and fail a lot... Don't want the puzzles on chests the Remove Trap should do just that remove it... and it should be a one and done thing... especially at GM...

I don't mind if they want to put puzzles on say Miasma and Paragon chests you can take home and work at in the safety of your own home... but again destroying most the loot inside is stupid and insane when the puzzle has NOTHING to do with skill at all and everything to do with the RNG and how ****ty that is.

And pity those who play colorblind... as they are just plain screwed and I've known several that do... Mostly guys... (this is where you got the short end of the stick boys quite literally)... No doing that puzzle for sure.

I tried giving my feedback to get a nasty gram saying I was being mean... I'm not trying to be mean I'm trying to stop something from being destroyed that I enjoy doing... and have it turned into something that most won't ever bother doing again.

What is bothering me more than anything is that they are taking this opportunity to reverse the loot... downgrading everything in game will NOT stop the power creep... it will ensure that there is a HUGE disparity between those who have been playing and any fool who starts playing from this time forward... or anyone who returns to the game and has to start all over... Those people will be screwed while the rest of us who have been around long enough to amass a mass quantity of high-quality items sit on them and keep them for ourselves while new and returning players are stuck with our hand me downs and the lower level crap that they are changing everything out for...

I see what they are doing limiting what we can get... but that train has already left the station... When AoS was first introduced you all started on the power creep cycle... and you all should have known this... you can NOT put the proverbial cat back in the bag. Especially when it's been out for so very very long...

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always overthink things, my apologies in advance, but, I can't stop trying to think of ways to get Kryonix what he wants (a return to group treasure hunting glory days) without blasting apart a fun activity...

One of the things our guilds have struggled with are the long grinds necessary to do some of the high end content (Shadowguard, the Pit, etc...) as getting groups of people with limited playing time and odd schedules through all the steps is a nightmare...

I'd love to have just a loot bump on the current system, add remove traps, but for highest end maps, have a chance to drop an encounter map, something like "A tattered map of a secret passage to Zipactriotl's hidden lair..." Add in an instanced single Dark Father, the Myrm Queen, Corgul's island, Mel, Dreadhorn, Exodus, one Shadowguard boss, etc... it could have a one hour time limit on it or something? Maps drop percentage could scale based on party size as well (tiny chance at 2 members, pretty good chance at 6+)

Probably a dumb idea, but, hey... what the heck. ;)

Oh and dump the puzzles...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The problem with nostalgia is that you can never get that feeling back, the game has moved a long way from those days of having a group for a level 6 map. If that was the last time that anyone on the Dev team did a t-hunt then maybe that's the root of the problem... T-hunting is a solo activity and nothing that has been said on the other forum to justify these changes will make me think otherwise. And I agree, dump the puzzles!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I suggested to him that perhaps when you fail to open the trap perhaps that "angers the Guardians" and spawns more stuff instead of just zapping the one putzing with the puzzle... and then it becomes more fun, you get more loot from killing the mobs and it becomes more of a group activity... with things spawning more often... since you know you are going to fail at the stupid puzzle... and IMO then things in the chest shouldn't poof... since the "risk" is having more things spawn. We'll see what he thinks.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dear Mods:

Thanking you in advance
I agree with the masses here... I don't know why they took the simple task of re-configuring chest loot tables and turned it into a major project. It's like my wife asking me to wash her car and after making her wait for a couple years I agree and then take 2 months to give her a lifted truck with a loud exhaust/sound system (certainly works for one of us! :p ).

I think when training remove trap it makes sense the practice boxes get harder, although I do question if this really is a better/faster way of raising the skill than now. Now you just need a bunch of trapped boxes to work with (and the additional skills) but you can keep using the skill after the skill cooldown. At higher skill levels it might take you 5 minutes to figure out the puzzle... for a single chance at a gain... unless that chance is a severely greater chance than it is now it's not worth it because in that 5minutes I could have tried to remove trap with skill cool down 10+ times for a chance at a gain.

I also think it's incredibly stupid and doesn't make sense if you are 100 remove trap and need to figure out a puzzle... at GM there should be no puzzles as you are a Grand Master. Nobody said Tmaps needed to be more interactive so I really don't want to spend an extra 5-10min trying to figure out a puzzle. What's next do we need to figure out a lock puzzle to actually unlock the chest too? On top of all of that, as others have said, if I'm given a completely random cylinder puzzle and even at GM there could be 10+ outcomes then I could blow up 10 items? That is insanely stupid. The only way they should even think about doing this is if by doing a higher end map (which you need to be a group as it is - lame) you get no less than 2-3 HEAVILY weighted legendaries (maybe even clean??) and 2-3 regular legendaries because there is a solid chance you blow half of them up while removing trap. Seeing how bad their loot starting point was last release; all of these proposed changes would kill T-Hunting and return on investment... I know I'd stop doing tmaps entirely.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggested to him that perhaps when you fail to open the trap perhaps that "angers the Guardians" and spawns more stuff instead of just zapping the one putzing with the puzzle... and then it becomes more fun, you get more loot from killing the mobs and it becomes more of a group activity... with things spawning more often... since you know you are going to fail at the stupid puzzle... and IMO then things in the chest shouldn't poof... since the "risk" is having more things spawn.
While I'd still prefer to have no puzzles at all, I find this an excellent idea.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While I'd still prefer to have no puzzles at all, I find this an excellent idea.
I also prefer not to have the puzzles but... it's a compromise I'm willing to make... certainly would help to make it more of a "group" activity.