• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forgotten Treasures TC Release 2

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5/14/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the second Test Center release of Forgotten Treasures will be available today after 4pm ET! Forgotten Treasures is the second in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring a fresh perspective to Treasure Hunting and Cleanup Britannia. This next installment of Forgotten Treasures brings new mechanics to Treasure Hunting as well as new decorative items, equipment, and more! Please be sure to check out the publish notes for the latest updates, and participate on the UO Forum in the latest discussions. We would also like […]

Continue reading...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And once again I want to point out that the points are paultry and honestly Insulting to the time and effort spent by players.

Artisan items were NOT easy to get and it cost a LOT in resources for a shard to reach a full tree... many shards even Atl failed to raise all their trees to full... GLs was one of the few shards that did all their trees but that was in very large part to Shandara... the BoD Queen of GLs... and her kind generosity...

She spends hours and hours on bods... and tons on resources to fill them.

And an Orc Ship takes 8 parts it's not something you get just by doing the quest one time it can take dozens of pirate turn ins to get all 8 pieces and it's worth next to nothing???

IMO this is what Mesanna thinks of our time spent in-game...

Today I was yet again disgusted when I got the Embroidery tool to find it has a Whopping 10 charges???? Seriously? 10 bloody frelling charges on a Vet Reward? This takes a YEAR to get a vet reward... a YEAR... you pick it and get 10 lousy charges? And then what? How do I recharge it? Can it be recharged? Does it take one of that freaking rune switches? Because those are the biggest PITA to craft EVER.

This kind of crap is insulting. My year of time is worth 10 charges?

And she wonders why we complain when she treats us like this. If you think about it my $120+ per year isn't worth more???

We pay their freaking salary... without the players she would be out of a Job... Think on that next time you insult the players @Mesanna.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That 'tool' should not have charges, if they wanted to go that route it should be recharged with thread. 10 charges on a 5 year reward is pretty mean. They need to stop acting like everything is a free gift, it isn't, this is a full subscription game in a time when there are very few of those left. People are paying them every month for years and they 'reward' them with something so poor, it's not like writing on your clothes imparts some great magical ability or something...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And an Orc Ship takes 8 parts it's not something you get just by doing the quest one time it can take dozens of pirate turn ins to get all 8 pieces and it's worth next to nothing??? @Mesanna.
the Orc Boat gives you a fairly substantial increase in cannon damage and..... well i hate to let the cat out of the bag.... but it may be increased if your running the bard mastery that gives you DI increase.

less shots to sink stuff = less resources used = faster wins = faster game play.
i think that is worth the effort to get them, no?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the Orc Boat gives you a fairly substantial increase in cannon damage and..... well i hate to let the cat out of the bag.... but it may be increased if your running the bard mastery that gives you DI increase.

less shots to sink stuff = less resources used = faster wins = faster game play.
i think that is worth the effort to get them, no?
Her issue is that the orc ships are worth a whopping 45 turn in points. 45 is an absurdly low number for an eight-part collection.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You. Can. Infinitely. Recharge. It. With. Blue. Diamonds.

Just. Like. The. Weapon. Engraving. Tool. (Which is also a vet reward)

This "problem" is patently ridiculous and you know it.
Don't care... it's lame... and insanely low... and absurd... and you know it...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't care... it's lame... and insanely low... and absurd... and you know it...
Yes, this is certainly absurd.

Precedent was set by the previous vet reward engraver. Would you like to complain about it as well?

A blue diamond isn't hard to acquire. You'll cope.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Years ago back when weapon engravers were age restricted, a friend bought one and asked me to engrave some weapons for me. When I finished the half dozen he wanted named, he said I could keep the last couple of charges for myself. When I handed it back and explained that a blue diamond could recharge the tool, he was ecstatic.

I see the reward not as some number of charges, but getting a tool that gives functionality that I did not have before. I don't know what blue diamonds cost on your shard, but divide that cost by 10 and ask yourself "Would I be willing to pay that much gold to write a message on a special piece of clothing?" Useful vet rewards tend to have limits because they often are pretty good. Shard shields take time to earn charges, as do the items that produce other resources. Even the smithing press and sewing machine require charging up.

If you are still unhappy, I was going to get one of those tools for myself, so I'm willing to trade another vet reward for it, if you can easily make the trade on LS.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do agree that 45 points for the orc ship is a mistake. If anyone really needs to toss them in the trash, I beg you to trade them to someone else for at least 450 points worth of junk.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh i see what we are talking about now, k, ya i agree the point value of items is low.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i went and read the notes...
the new removing trap thing sounds interestingly different.

so there is a puzzle now that we have to do and having remove trap gives you more hints?
am i reading that right?

• [*]Circuit Trap
    • Use the directional controls to complete the circuit.
    • The size of the grid will increase as Remove Trap skill increases.
    [*]Cylinder Trap
    • Correctly choose the sequence of cylinders.
    • Less hints will be given as Remove Trap skill increases.
    [*]Slider Trap
    • Correctly align the pieces to complete the image
    • Longer failure timeouts as you complete the puzzle as Remove Trap skill increases.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed the freak out session. Can we do it some more? The new T chest puzzles can be the topic.

Darn. That one already happened in another thread...

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i went and read the notes...
the new removing trap thing sounds interestingly different.

so there is a puzzle now that we have to do and having remove trap gives you more hints?
am i reading that right?
More hints? No, not really.

The slider map is the same no matter what your RT skill level is.

The cylinder trap is ridiculous and I haven't seen any hints on it yet.

The circuit trap just gets bigger and takes longer to do (and re-do over and over again until you get it right) the higher your RT skill level is.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so the more remove trap skill you have the HARDER the traps are?

that makes no sense.....

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Tina did you try it on chests? If you just used the training dummies then its working correct, harder to solve to get gains from them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so the more remove trap skill you have the HARDER the traps are?

that makes no sense.....
If you miss an attempt an item disappears? One of the puzzles is from the Tiger Cub Cage. It is pure random when you move. You fail over and over.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i hate to let the cat out of the bag.... but it may be increased if your running the bard mastery that gives you DI increase.
@Poo

What increase does it give ?

Normal shot is 6,500 damage, with the Bard Mastery what does it become ? Does it matter what level is the Bard Mastery ?

That is, 1, 2 or 3 give a different Damage Increase to shots ?

Are we talking of the Provocation "Inspire" Mastery ?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Poo

What increase does it give ?

Normal shot is 6,500 damage, with the Bard Mastery what does it become ? Does it matter what level is the Bard Mastery ?

That is, 1, 2 or 3 give a different Damage Increase to shots ?

Are we talking of the Provocation "Inspire" Mastery ?
go try it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
alright im not understanding this new change to remove trap.
guess ill have to go have a look at what they've done cause what you people are saying is not what i had in my head.

what i imagined when they said you need remove trap.... its like remove trap has always been, you click the button that says remove trap, you remove trap.

but now we dont remove the trap????

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And once again I want to point out that the points are paultry and honestly Insulting to the time and effort spent by players.

Artisan items were NOT easy to get and it cost a LOT in resources for a shard to reach a full tree... many shards even Atl failed to raise all their trees to full... GLs was one of the few shards that did all their trees but that was in very large part to Shandara... the BoD Queen of GLs... and her kind generosity...

She spends hours and hours on bods... and tons on resources to fill them.

And an Orc Ship takes 8 parts it's not something you get just by doing the quest one time it can take dozens of pirate turn ins to get all 8 pieces and it's worth next to nothing???

IMO this is what Mesanna thinks of our time spent in-game...

Today I was yet again disgusted when I got the Embroidery tool to find it has a Whopping 10 charges???? Seriously? 10 bloody frelling charges on a Vet Reward? This takes a YEAR to get a vet reward... a YEAR... you pick it and get 10 lousy charges? And then what? How do I recharge it? Can it be recharged? Does it take one of that freaking rune switches? Because those are the biggest PITA to craft EVER.

This kind of crap is insulting. My year of time is worth 10 charges?

And she wonders why we complain when she treats us like this. If you think about it my $120+ per year isn't worth more???

We pay their freaking salary... without the players she would be out of a Job... Think on that next time you insult the players @Mesanna.

Im confused what does any of this have to do with the forgotten treasures update?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess ill have to go have a look at what they've done cause what you people are saying is not what i had in my head.

what i imagined when they said you need remove trap.... its like remove trap has always been, you click the button that says remove trap, you remove trap.

You use the skill Remove Trap on the unlocked chest and then a Puzzle pops up that you have to solve before the trap is removed. Puck Fuzzles...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For the stash, supply, and cache chests, remove trap works the way you would expect, other than you don't need to have detect hidden skill or lockpicking skill and you stay hidden while you remove the trap. From what I've seen so far, 50 remove trap skill is sufficient for removing traps from stash, supply, and cache chests. I haven't tried using less than 50 remove trap skill, so don't take my word for that being the minimum needed for these chests.

Or....if you don't want to bother training remove trap skill for doing these three types of maps, you can use untrap spell. However, I am somewhat leery that using it might make stuff disappear from the chest, even though this is not stated in the publish notes. I've had two empty chests so far when using untrap spell, even though the message said it worked to remove the trap and there was no explanation for the chests being empty.

Also, if you don't want to bother training lockpicking skill for doing these three types of maps, you can use unlock spell. Supposedly there are no negatives to doing this but I kind of have my doubts.

Using telekinesis spell on these three types of chests causes them to explode.

When it comes to the horde and trove chests, things are different. You need to have lockpicking skill. I don't know how much, but my guess is GM. Lockpicking failures on these chests cause an item to poof or a grubber to take something.

Also on horde and trove chests, you have to have remove trap skill to remove the trap. How much do you need? No one knows yet. However, trap removal failures cause something to be destroyed. Also, removing a trap on these chests means solving a puzzle. As noted, trap removal failures/puzzle failures result in something in the chest being destroyed. I do not know yet what happens if you try to use telekinesis spell on these chests, as nothing is stated in the publish notes. My guess is it causes an explosion.

Kyronix has not answered my question about whether or not there is any advantage to using a skeleton key. I would guess they still have some benefit because the 10-use ones are something you occasionally find in Assassin Supply chests.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something else to add: Kyronix indicated today that the same character has to decode the map, find it, dig it up, unlock it, and untrap it.

No information provided yet (unless I missed it) on when luck is involved in the whole process.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This is what is possible: In Khaldun I used lockpick GM, and whatever char, on the puzzle boxes. Having lock pick allowed less fails on the puzzle. IF we are talking about the same kind of puzzle with these treasure hunting chests..Then you will need to fail multiple times in order to solve the puzzle, each time you fail a trap will be set off, and if explosion, then you lose items? If magic arrow or poison, you just get hit? If attempts to solve the puzzle result in item loss, then what is the point in even doing them?
Sounds like a built-in fail-fail system.
Is this how the new system going to be implemented? Sounds like a badly flawed idea that if implemented this way, will lead to a TON of complaints about it.
The new T-hunting revamp will be DOA..Sadly. Once again, a new thing built to fail?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something else to add: Kyronix indicated today that the same character has to decode the map, find it, dig it up, unlock it, and untrap it.

No information provided yet (unless I missed it) on when luck is involved in the whole process.
He also said this:

Kyronix Posts: 435Dev
7:44AM edited 7:44AM Flag
jaytin said:
So does the whole group help with the puzzle?

Kyronix answer: The whole group helps with the entire encounter. Puzzles may not be fun for you, however, someone else in your group may find them exciting. That is the intention of group play - to divide up actions to those who enjoy doing them most for the overall gain of the group. Not every character (or player) can be or will be good at everything. This is why the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

The puzzles are puzzling him...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He also said this:

Kyronix Posts: 435Dev
7:44AM edited 7:44AM Flag
jaytin said:
So does the whole group help with the puzzle?

Kyronix answer: The whole group helps with the entire encounter. Puzzles may not be fun for you, however, someone else in your group may find them exciting. That is the intention of group play - to divide up actions to those who enjoy doing them most for the overall gain of the group. Not every character (or player) can be or will be good at everything. This is why the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

The puzzles are puzzling him...
That statement was what made me ask if separate characters could do different steps in the whole process of getting a chest opened. And the answer he gave was no.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the whole is not greater than the sum of the parts....

The one part is mandatory.

It is sad that they made the Beacons work with a party or without a party but the group T hunt can only be done by one player.

Just make sure the one who enjoys the puzzles has all the T hunting skills and does everything related to finding them and getting them open.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Im confused what does any of this have to do with the forgotten treasures update?
It's in the patch notes ... read them about the point values assigned to things for Clean Up Points... They are ridiculously low for many of the items and are NOT in any way in line with the points of things we currently have... Take Eodon Stealables... worth next to nothing and compare that with what Doom and Tokuno Stealables get you when you throw them away...

Take the artifacts you get from the roof... you will get almost NO points if you throw one of those away but throw away any other arty and get 5k points...

And you can do 50 pirates and not ever get that 1 piece of the Boat you need to make an Orc ship but I can throw away and orc ship and get a lousy 45 points for it???? After it takes 8 pieces to gather meaning you have shot at LEAST 80 cannon balls for it... 80 rounds at least... not like you will get each part in those 8 but lets say you got UBER lucky and did... that's still 80 cannon balls, 80 charges and 80 fuse cord... damage to your cannon hours spent getting all those pirates and turning them in ... etc.. etc... for a lousy 45 points??? Who are they kidding? This is what your time in game is worth to them. Jack Squat...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So you can use the remove trap spell but not telekinesis? How exactly is that any different? Let's use something new and make something else useless! This whole thing is a shambles....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think we all know that's BS, they just don't want to hear too many complaints so they pretend they could change it, when have they ever admitted they made a mistake?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the stash, supply, and cache chests, remove trap works the way you would expect, other than you don't need to have detect hidden skill or lockpicking skill and you stay hidden while you remove the trap. From what I've seen so far, 50 remove trap skill is sufficient for removing traps from stash, supply, and cache chests. I haven't tried using less than 50 remove trap skill, so don't take my word for that being the minimum needed for these chests.

Or....if you don't want to bother training remove trap skill for doing these three types of maps, you can use untrap spell. However, I am somewhat leery that using it might make stuff disappear from the chest, even though this is not stated in the publish notes. I've had two empty chests so far when using untrap spell, even though the message said it worked to remove the trap and there was no explanation for the chests being empty.

Also, if you don't want to bother training lockpicking skill for doing these three types of maps, you can use unlock spell. Supposedly there are no negatives to doing this but I kind of have my doubts.

Using telekinesis spell on these three types of chests causes them to explode.

When it comes to the horde and trove chests, things are different. You need to have lockpicking skill. I don't know how much, but my guess is GM. Lockpicking failures on these chests cause an item to poof or a grubber to take something.

Also on horde and trove chests, you have to have remove trap skill to remove the trap. How much do you need? No one knows yet. However, trap removal failures cause something to be destroyed. Also, removing a trap on these chests means solving a puzzle. As noted, trap removal failures/puzzle failures result in something in the chest being destroyed. I do not know yet what happens if you try to use telekinesis spell on these chests, as nothing is stated in the publish notes. My guess is it causes an explosion.

Kyronix has not answered my question about whether or not there is any advantage to using a skeleton key. I would guess they still have some benefit because the 10-use ones are something you occasionally find in Assassin Supply chests.
@Tina Small

What I have been unable to understand, so far, is whether there will or not be, and if yes, what will it be, a "bonus" for carrying the burden on a Treasure Hunting template of 100.0 GM Remove Trap points....

I imagine that there "should be" a benefit for "squeezing in" all those points into a Template in place of other skills, but will there be one ?

What will it be ?

Also, does investing in Lockpicking skill points help in any way with the Puzzle Quests ?

How ? Give hints ? Permit fails without having anything bad to happen like health damage to the Treasure Hunter or destruction of items in the chest ?

Bottom line is, will there be any "reward" to the Treasure Hunter for investing on their template points into Remove Trap and Lockpicking ?

If so, how ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small

What I have been unable to understand, so far, is whether there will or not be, and if yes, what will it be, a "bonus" for carrying the burden on a Treasure Hunting template of 100.0 GM Remove Trap points....

I imagine that there "should be" a benefit for "squeezing in" all those points into a Template in place of other skills, but will there be one ?

What will it be ?

Also, does investing in Lockpicking skill points help in any way with the Puzzle Quests ?

How ? Give hints ? Permit fails without having anything bad to happen like health damage to the Treasure Hunter or destruction of items in the chest ?

Bottom line is, will there be any "reward" to the Treasure Hunter for investing on their template points into Remove Trap and Lockpicking ?

If so, how ?
It looks to me that if you have GM Remove Trap skill, you can do horde and trove chests, which are intended to be a group activity. If you don't want to do treasure hunting as a group, then do cache chests. Kyronix says the randomly generated equipment in a cache chest will be the same as you'd get from a horde or trove chest. All the other items that could spawn will also be the same (except trove chests have no opportunity to get a t-map as loot.) So I think tht means the only difference between doing cache, trove, and horde chests in terms of the experience will be the types of monsters that spawn and whether you have to do use lockpicking and complete a puzzle to see into the chest. Don't want to have lockpicking and/or don't want to do puzzles but still want randomly generated items and power scrolls (if in Fel)? Do cache chests.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks to me that if you have GM Remove Trap skill, you can do horde and trove chests, which are intended to be a group activity. If you don't want to do treasure hunting as a group, then do cache chests. Kyronix says the randomly generated equipment in a cache chest will be the same as you'd get from a horde or trove chest. All the other items that could spawn will also be the same (except trove chests have no opportunity to get a t-map as loot.) So I think tht means the only difference between doing cache, trove, and horde chests in terms of the experience will be the types of monsters that spawn and whether you have to do use lockpicking and complete a puzzle to see into the chest. Don't want to have lockpicking and/or don't want to do puzzles but still want randomly generated items and power scrolls (if in Fel)? Do cache chests.
So is this a nerf to level 7 maps (new trove) or a bump to level 4 and level 5 maps (new cache)? Guess I will see when this BS hits prodo.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So do the higher level chests have a lot more items? I'm pretty sure if you do maps with some random group they would want something for their time, especially if they had to stand around for ages while we bumbled our way through some stupid puzzle!?I'm really failing to see how this was given any real thought or planning....

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the things I find most perplexing about the new remove trap training is the fact that the better you get, the LESS hints you get for doing the puzzle. I would think that a neophyte trap remover would have no muscle memory, intuition, or anything that would help them complete the trap so, lots of failures (gains on failure) as they continually hone the craft.

At higher or GM levels, their training should have progressed to the point where every trap is almost "old hat" and "hints" are more like "observations". Instead, it seems you're penalized the higher you progress.

I thought this was how it worked with the Khaldun puzzles, where you got bonus information at GM detect hidden?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So do the higher level chests have a lot more items? I'm pretty sure if you do maps with some random group they would want something for their time, especially if they had to stand around for ages while we bumbled our way through some stupid puzzle!?I'm really failing to see how this was given any real thought or planning....
I believe there are inherently more items in the horde and trove chests than in the cache chests. You also get more items if you are partied with other characters. I think we need to ask Kyronix to clarify the number of items you get per each level by number of characters in the party.

Also, I think one advantage to the changes that we might all be overlooking is new flexibility for treasure hunter templates. No more need for mining. No need for lockpicking or remove trap or detect hidden for stash, supply, and cache maps. And if you can get the same stuff in cache maps as in horde and trove maps, maybe just not as many unless you make a party (with your own characters perhaps), who knows what you might do for a template. Maybe your suit can fit in more luck?

I think we need clarification on the purpose of the glasses. I think they help with locating chests. I've done okay with just GM cartography so far and not needing to hunt too much for chests. Usually find it within 4 strikes, but sometimes need another 2 or 3 strikes further away from the center. I also think we need to test to see what the difference is in the mobs for horde and trove maps and the number of items in those chests with and without partying.

I think we should ask for blue clickies for mob-less Felucca horde and trove maps to be placed at the Fel Britain bank. (Maybe there are some there now. Haven't checked yet.) Maybe he can put some publicly accessible Davey's lockers somewhere too. (I have one at my public house NE of Britain.) Also, I noticed people have been placing houses smaller than keeps on TC, in case that was an issue for you before because you could only place keep-sized plots.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think we need a lot of clarification! The bottom line for me is that a spent a lot of time making my t-hunter so she could do high level maps alone, that was before I got serious tendonitis/RSI problems with my mouse hand. I have zero interest in training up new skills on a completed character which will only annoy me because 1/ I don't want to get a sore hand and 2/ I hate puzzles! :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we need a lot of clarification! The bottom line for me is that a spent a lot of time making my t-hunter so she could do high level maps alone, that was before I got serious tendonitis/RSI problems with my mouse hand. I have zero interest in training up new skills on a completed character which will only annoy me because 1/ I don't want to get a sore hand and 2/ I hate puzzles! :(
Yeah, I just posted some additional questions in the official forum.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
MissE's thread got moved from General to Test, I'm surprised they didn't just close it... :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But those mobs that spawn are the sole reason I do high level chests... For the mobs that spawn that I want to tame... Now I need to take a group to do them and have to futz with a stupid puzzle and put on a useless skill.... and for what???? For less reward? This makes sense in what universe? Why would a higher chest give ****tier loot and require more ******** with negatives on the rewards?