• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey & Storage

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, I can get everything out of my bank if I renew my subscription?
You can also purchase a vault and unload everything from your bank to the vault if you prefer to remain on EJ.

Being the cheapskate I am, my main toon is EJ and then I have another account that I sub when my bank gets full. I only use this account to sell the items that I collected with my EJ account. Once the items are sold I just stop paying until my bank is full again.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would actually pay to keep a vault and play EJ but the EJ is just too limited.

If they treated it as a less bank storage no house version but no other limitations then I would gladly pay the money required to keep a vault.

However, the way it is...I can't even open bags in my bank if over the limit. I am not saying put stuff IN the bags, I can't even open them to move **** out.

Most of my stuff I was giving away to other players to get myself within the limits of the vault then would have paid for the vault, as a part time player paying less but can't store as much would have been fine for me.

Also, the no awards in dungeons/bosses is not worth it.

With the way EJ is so limited, rather than playing part-time and paying less and contributing to the players that play full time and pay full, I am instead paying nothing and not playing at all.

Seems to me they could have a better middle ground.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't even open bags in my bank if over the limit. I am not saying put stuff IN the bags, I can't even open them to move **** out.
The first thing you need to know is that if you are over your limit you cannot withdraw items directly into your pack. Once you go over the limit you can only withdraw items into a vault.

Yeah I will admit that the way they do bags is stupid. The way that it works is: Everything in the bag displays in the grid. If you click the bag, you withdraw everything in the bag. If you click on an item you just withdraw the item. You shouldn't really have to open the bag until you withdraw it. However, the bank is organized all willy nilly, so there is no way to tell what is in each bag without withdrawing it. The best way to avoid this is by not putting any bags in your bank box. Also, if you put in say 5 ingots, then later you put in another 5 ingots, it uses 2 storage spaces. To get it right, you need to withdraw the first 5 ingots and combine them in your pack, then deposit. The bank system is probably the dumbest thing they have done with EJ. Other than that, the restrictions seem fair to me at least. At least it's usable for me.

Also, the storage available on production shards is way too low. I moved to Siege where I get way more slots, but I don't think I can get a vault there (at least I haven't noticed one). It was definitely the best move I have ever made and I am a bit bummed that I didn't do it earlier. People fear the PvP everywhere ruleset but you get used to it and develop methods to protect yourself. The folks on Siege are much more inclined to talk to you, and your reputation matters. I have been there a very short while and most everyone is aware of who I am and what I do.

A move to siege also fixes this. Things are mainly disposable, and the economy isn't totally borked. Even loot that many would consider junk is better than the suit you will be wearing once you have been killed and looted.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would actually pay to keep a vault and play EJ but the EJ is just too limited.

If they treated it as a less bank storage no house version but no other limitations then I would gladly pay the money required to keep a vault.

However, the way it is...I can't even open bags in my bank if over the limit. I am not saying put stuff IN the bags, I can't even open them to move **** out.

Most of my stuff I was giving away to other players to get myself within the limits of the vault then would have paid for the vault, as a part time player paying less but can't store as much would have been fine for me.

With the way EJ is so limited, rather than playing part-time and paying less and contributing to the players that play full time and pay full, I am instead paying nothing and not playing at all.

Seems to me they could have a better middle ground.
Was done that way to keep the nefarious from using the EJ accounts as free accounts to multibox and multiclient everything from champ spawns to the roof and every other thing that people do to make mega millions in game... Yes it sucks that you can't have a house ... yes it sucks that you can't get any awards... but you do see how that would be abused do you not?

I mean all they need is a 7x7 to dump hundreds of logs and ore at... all they need is a little bit to get geared to afk train and soon they are doing every champ spawn on every dead shard taking the 100's of scrolls and selling them for gold to turn to cash... you do see that do you not?

Sadly there are far more nefarious people out and already still playing to ruin it for everyone else... including you.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Was done that way to keep the nefarious from using the EJ accounts as free accounts to multibox and multiclient everything from champ spawns to the roof and every other thing that people do to make mega millions in game... Yes it sucks that you can't have a house ... yes it sucks that you can't get any awards... but you do see how that would be abused do you not?

I mean all they need is a 7x7 to dump hundreds of logs and ore at... all they need is a little bit to get geared to afk train and soon they are doing every champ spawn on every dead shard taking the 100's of scrolls and selling them for gold to turn to cash... you do see that do you not?

Sadly there are far more nefarious people out and already still playing to ruin it for everyone else... including you.
I have no problem with the no house part if in EJ, it is the limitation of item awards. I would pay the reduced rate of having a vault every month if that went away. As a part time player it's not worth paying a full subscribe, middle ground would be nice.

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The first thing you need to know is that if you are over your limit you cannot withdraw items directly into your pack. Once you go over the limit you can only withdraw items into a vault.

Yeah I will admit that the way they do bags is stupid. The way that it works is: Everything in the bag displays in the grid. If you click the bag, you withdraw everything in the bag. If you click on an item you just withdraw the item. You shouldn't really have to open the bag until you withdraw it. However, the bank is organized all willy nilly, so there is no way to tell what is in each bag without withdrawing it. The best way to avoid this is by not putting any bags in your bank box. Also, if you put in say 5 ingots, then later you put in another 5 ingots, it uses 2 storage spaces. To get it right, you need to withdraw the first 5 ingots and combine them in your pack, then deposit. The bank system is probably the dumbest thing they have done with EJ. Other than that, the restrictions seem fair to me at least. At least it's usable for me.

Also, the storage available on production shards is way too low. I moved to Siege where I get way more slots, but I don't think I can get a vault there (at least I haven't noticed one). It was definitely the best move I have ever made and I am a bit bummed that I didn't do it earlier. People fear the PvP everywhere ruleset but you get used to it and develop methods to protect yourself. The folks on Siege are much more inclined to talk to you, and your reputation matters. I have been there a very short while and most everyone is aware of who I am and what I do.

A move to siege also fixes this. Things are mainly disposable, and the economy isn't totally borked. Even loot that many would consider junk is better than the suit you will be wearing once you have been killed and looted.
Can't even OPEN a bag to move items one by one to get them out of the bank.

If the bank is overloaded, which it most likely is if a long time vet, then the only thing you can do is take the entire bag, but if its to heavy for you to hold the bag can't be grabbed out of the bank and you can't open it either.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't even OPEN a bag to move items one by one to get them out of the bank.

If the bank is overloaded, which it most likely is if a long time vet, then the only thing you can do is take the entire bag, but if its to heavy for you to hold the bag can't be grabbed out of the bank and you can't open it either.
Any bag that you see in your bank box in EJ is empty. All of the items contained are viewable in the grid.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they need to get rid of the ability for a char to follow another char. mainly used for muli char use/explortation ect...