• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey & Storage

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have […]

Continue reading...

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Awesome, was the number one complaint about returning players I have heard in game. Lots of new faces and many old players have returned to see whats going on.

Now if people stay, or chose to pay for a subscription... time will tell.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's super simple - just the bank item limit to 40 instead of 175 and if you take something out and have more than the limit, you can't put it back - it works that way now with the 175 limit - how tough would it be to just adjust the limit and leave everything else alone?
(if it ain't broke ... don't fix it :) )

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's super simple - just the bank item limit to 40 instead of 175 and if you take something out and have more than the limit, you can't put it back - it works that way now with the 175 limit - how tough would it be to just adjust the limit and leave everything else alone?
(if it ain't broke ... don't fix it :) )
I totally agree with you, but....

You know how this team thinks, it has to be overly complex and frustrating for them to add it to the game.
KISS isn’t part of their logic unfortunately.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A step in the right direction but very little help to all but new players.

Say they allow 40 bank items. As a returning player I already have say 30-40 items in my pack. I open my bank to find 100+ items in. My bank is useless. I can’t put anything in it unless I take most of the stuff out and trash it. Otherwise I still have zero storage as from the onset I’m already over double the limit. Sure I can see whats in and take some stuff out but it doesn’t help a lot.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Miracles do happen! Good move! Maybe some of the EJs will stay around now.

Last edited:

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who were vets will just resub to the game to accounts they choose. This new upgrade is doing what we, uh, demanded it to do.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't think they can use Sending Bags, I'm sure that was on the restriction list.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
No. They won’t. If they had wanted to to re-sub they wouldn’t have needed EJ to do so. They could have done this at any point in time and haven’t.
Quite a few vets have said they would base re-subbing based on what they can find in old accounts. Without EJ they would have to pay to check. There are also plenty of vets who are on the fence and EJ allows them to sniff UO out. I know a handful already who have subbed thanks to EJ. New Haven Atlantic is teeming with returnees.. and this is just the soft launch.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite a few vets have said they would base re-subbing based on what they can find in old accounts. Without EJ they would have to pay to check. There are also plenty of vets who are on the fence and EJ allows them to sniff UO out. I know a handful already who have subbed thanks to EJ. New Haven Atlantic is teeming with returnees.. and this is just the soft launch.
Euro also looks busier.

With and added storage coming and hopefully other added extras for EJ accounts it can only been good for the future of UO in my humble opinion

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Euro also looks busier.

With and added storage coming and hopefully other added extras for EJ accounts it can only been good for the future of UO in my humble opinion
They have clearly said they'll be fine-tuning it the coming time. THe MMORPG market is stale as hell. I see countless players complain on the web everywhere. Meanwhile, some mmorpg games take off due to gameplay, not graphics. I think we went through a period where UO looked dated. Now it can be marketed as old school charming (especially if they improve the CC client) . Ultima Online has a real opportunity here. I hope the team has enough resources to bank on it. At least this move indicates they're listening, willing and dedicated.

Buddy Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would agree with this. I've not played in 5-6 years and that was after a prior 4-5 year break. Right now I can't remember if I just let my old house fall and all my stuff is gone or if I bothered to store some of my better items in the bank. However, I don't want to spend the $ just to find out what's in there. If there is enough items there I would consider resubscribing to have access to them.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have come to this discussion late so could somebody explain (or point me to an explanation) about what is occurring with storage (reduced or otherwise). I have been playing for nearly 19 years and all my bank accounts are full, along with my house with all the storage increases so would like to be clear on what the changes are.

Thanks, Lador

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I have come to this discussion late so could somebody explain (or point me to an explanation) about what is occurring with storage (reduced or otherwise). I have been playing for nearly 19 years and all my bank accounts are full, along with my house with all the storage increases so would like to be clear on what the changes are.

Thanks, Lador
Endless Journey accounts (free to play) accounts will get limited bank storage in the next 2 weeks or so. Right now they can't access their bank.

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Thanks, Lador
Endless Journey & Storage – Ultima Online

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have […]

Continue reading...
I would personally have voted for non limited, regular bank boxes, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks, Lador
I'm in the same boat as you on several shards. I see a few EJ accounts for me just to hold stuff. I guess this would actually play into the grand plan since how many people would be able to resist the temptation of activating one of them for real to grab an extra house? ... hmmm.. maybe I better not! ;)

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I have missed most of the EJ Hype but can someone confirm what affect EJ will have on Vet Accounts (if anything), does it just mean I can also have some free EJ accounts or will it change/affect my paid for Vet Accounts?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I have missed most of the EJ Hype but can someone confirm what affect EJ will have on Vet Accounts (if anything), does it just mean I can also have some free EJ accounts or will it change/affect my paid for Vet Accounts?
It does not effect paid accounts at all.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It has no effect on PAID Vet Accounts and in your case would mean that you can create some free EJ accounts :). Again, more info can be found here Endless Journey – Ultima Online

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I get for just reading the headlines on the login page, with the graphics change etc I just assumed this was the next big release of UO in general and was waiting to see what changes there would be..... stupid me, maybe I need to pay more attention!

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's no housing and other restrictions on EJ, please review this Endless Journey – Ultima Online for more info ;)
Oh, that was my point - I know all about EJ. What I was saying was that all I need is storage and since EJ accounts cannot place a house, I would use their limited bank box for two characters on a few EJ accounts as storage. Ten EJ accounts would be allow for storing 800 items on every shard. :)

Again, the lure would be since I'd have gone through the process of creating dummy EJ accounts I might be too tempted to convert some them to full subscriptions so I could place houses... something I've managed to resist for 20+ years. ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, that was my point - I know all about EJ. What I was saying was that all I need is storage and since EJ accounts cannot place a house, I would use their limited bank box for two characters on a few EJ accounts as storage. Ten EJ accounts would be allow for storing 800 items on every shard. :)

Again, the lure would be since I'd have gone through the process of creating dummy EJ accounts I might be too tempted to convert some them to full subscriptions so I could place houses... something I've managed to resist for 20+ years. ;)
Or you could subscibe for a month on two accounts make 6 chachters on each account and have 1400+ storage after they relapse to ej.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Or you could subscibe for a month on two accounts make 6 chachters on each account and have 1400+ storage after they relapse to ej.
You won't be able to access any of them for 120 days from the day your subscription ended. That's a pretty long time.

I personally don't quite get why some are so keen on scheming for storage. If you like the game so much to inconvenience yourself with 10 dummy accounts for storage, perhaps just subscribe with one?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I personally don't quite get why some are so keen on scheming for storage. If you like the game so much to inconvenience yourself with 10 dummy accounts for storage, perhaps just subscribe with one?
Same :postcount:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You won't be able to access any of them for 120 days from the day your subscription ended. That's a pretty long time.

Some of us already had accounts with 6 characters made and currently in ej.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I need you to talk with my wife! ;) Let's just say I have a few other hobbies and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford the accounts I do have. Adding another, well, it was never worth the cost and it still isn't. Since free storage for a tiny bit of work is available, why not? :)

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I need you to talk with my wife! ;) Let's just say I have a few other hobbies and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford the accounts I do have. Adding another, well, it was never worth the cost and it still isn't. Since free storage for a tiny bit of work is available, why not? :)
You mean accounts for other games, I assume?

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wasn't the base storage in game previously 125 items in the bank? Why not reduce it by 25-50?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that was my point - I know all about EJ. What I was saying was that all I need is storage and since EJ accounts cannot place a house, I would use their limited bank box for two characters on a few EJ accounts as storage. Ten EJ accounts would be allow for storing 800 items on every shard
Seems to me that it would be a very inconvenient means of storage, but go to town.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A step in the right direction but very little help to all but new players.

Say they allow 40 bank items. As a returning player I already have say 30-40 items in my pack. I open my bank to find 100+ items in. My bank is useless. I can’t put anything in it unless I take most of the stuff out and trash it. Otherwise I still have zero storage as from the onset I’m already over double the limit. Sure I can see whats in and take some stuff out but it doesn’t help a lot.
Yeah, I have my house but I've never had less than 100 items in my bank, because frankly this game has a lot of different items and a lot of them are pretty important for certain basic playstyles, especially crafting.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't the base storage in game previously 125 items in the bank? Why not reduce it by 25-50?
Why reduce it at all? I know some people are worried about people getting free storage, but honestly... who cares? How does it impact anything? I never really understood why secure storage was so limited anyway.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why reduce it at all? I know some people are worried about people getting free storage, but honestly... who cares? How does it impact anything? I never really understood why secure storage was so limited anyway.
This whole discussion is pointless. There is already a way for unlimited free storage.