• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Endless Journey Bank Storage Update

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry wait I completely forgot, the entire reason I'm posting to begin with.

I left my (expanded) storages full of things that I valued. What do I do at that point? Throw away 100+ valuables so that I can store pots? Guess I can sell stuff...

Gota figure something out...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try VS how's that or ask in chat how's that
Personally I don't use repair deeds, because I got a crafter. And I can still use a second account to safely mule over any items from any of my chars to the crafter. Isn't very convenient, but it does the job.
But you asked for a list of items. I got you one. You don't like it? Tough luck...

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see your point but I can understand why they don't want to give up the kitten. I thought my silly tent idea fit the bill in that one could whittle down the contents and there was some implied risk to the storage which provides another reason to sub.

I guess the notion where people stored a bank full while on break wasn't a factor for them, 6 chars at 125 items and possibly a few shards....pay to play.
You know what would be really funny? If the devs allowed EJ's to place tents, and small houses in Fel and Fel became way more populated than Tram. :eyes:

I have to edit this quickly because as a joke I still have to say that blah blah, more resources in fel etc, but with limitations on crafting...

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I don't use repair deeds, because I got a crafter. And I can still use a second account to safely mule over any items from any of my chars to the crafter. Isn't very convenient, but it does the job.
But you asked for a list of items. I got you one. You don't like it? Tough luck...
And a new player will need that to start NP.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much what I expected.

I see a bunch of items in my bank, can't move anything so I have no storage.
Yup, A slight glitch in the system. Not enough programmers to get the intended banking system into the game at launch

One EJ person said there bank was full so the couldn't put gold in. He was being a jerk so we did not try to explain that he could.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much what I expected.

I see a bunch of items in my bank, can't move anything so I have no storage.

Guess I'll check back when they make changes.
Welcome Back. Your quick demise was broadcast in chat.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here I have 1 item in my storage...

Not sure what it's like in classic client, but in enhanced client, it cannot be removed.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of freeloaders, isn't that what every stratics poster is!!!!!!!???!?!? I think there ought to be more moderating on the amount of trolling in these threads. Just FYI

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think there ought to be more moderating on the amount of trolling in these threads
You're more than free to report what you see as trolling, always been like that... just saying ;)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're more than free to report what you see as trolling, always been like that... just saying ;)
Isnt it the job of the moderator to make the judgement call on whats a troll post whether its reported or not? Just saying.. ;)

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Isnt it the job of the moderator to make the judgement call on whats a troll post whether its reported or not? Just saying.. ;)
Yes, we make the final decision on the outcome of the report which is often submitted by other users of the community. Correct :thumbup:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, clicked the item in my storage, it's in my pack now.
How do I put stuff into the storage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of freeloaders, isn't that what every stratics poster is!!!!!!!???!?!? I think there ought to be more moderating on the amount of trolling in these threads. Just FYI
Shush I need to do something while skilling and training pets!

I hate skilling!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my 24hour opinion... This is based on the fact that all I'm doing is PVPing.

I take back my statement regarding maximum storage. 20 is fine (for what I'm doing - pvp only)

However, most of my banks are over limit (150+ items) the fact that I can't remove anything that's over limit needs to be looked at. I honestly see nothing wrong with being able to remove everything from my bank, they're my items, i earned them at one point or another, and i put them there so they can be used again.

If you want to milk 1 $14 month out of me so that I can access my crap, fine, but I'm not happy about it and my attitude on a game usually carries over to the cash shop (ie unhappy players dont buy crap.)

However that's another 4 months I gota wait to play again which I'm fine with I've gone this long without playing if I have to wait longer then whatever. Like I said unhappy players don't invest. and at this moment i'm not thrilled about not being able to take armor/weapons/jewelry out of my storage in order to pvp.

EDIT: Sorry if this sounded rude, it's just something I feel strongly about.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surprised no comments on my last post...

Lemme put it this way - I wasn't lucky enough to keep items on my characters instead of my storage, comparing to a couple of my friends who kept bags in their inventory filled with their stuff.

Is it fair that they get access to their items cause they left them in their inventory and I can't cause I put mine in my storage?

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surprised no comments on my last post...

Lemme put it this way - I wasn't lucky enough to keep items on my characters instead of my storage, comparing to a couple of my friends who kept bags in their inventory filled with their stuff.

Is it fair that they get access to their items cause they left them in their inventory and I can't cause I put mine in my storage?
Same boat as you

I have played and paid for years I "left" months ago and now I'm back all I wanna do is pvp.

20 items for my bank is fine but... Can't take anything out due to being way over cap.

I do think they should allow ej players in house that are in a guild, seems a bit silly to me.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So my 24hour opinion... This is based on the fact that all I'm doing is PVPing.

I take back my statement regarding maximum storage. 20 is fine (for what I'm doing - pvp only)

However, most of my banks are over limit (150+ items) the fact that I can't remove anything that's over limit needs to be looked at. I honestly see nothing wrong with being able to remove everything from my bank, they're my items, i earned them at one point or another, and i put them there so they can be used again.

If you want to milk 1 $14 month out of me so that I can access my crap, fine, but I'm not happy about it and my attitude on a game usually carries over to the cash shop (ie unhappy players dont buy crap.)

However that's another 4 months I gota wait to play again which I'm fine with I've gone this long without playing if I have to wait longer then whatever. Like I said unhappy players don't invest. and at this moment i'm not thrilled about not being able to take armor/weapons/jewelry out of my storage in order to pvp.
Personally I wanted them to make the EJ bank storage 25 items, so it's 35 with the increase (just looks better compared to 20-28 items). Seems like a glitch as to why you can't take items out for now on veteran accounts but agree you SHOULD and WILL have this access, just that you can't put stuff back until the bank limitation is met. Glad to see you came back and hope you decide to stay :)

"Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available."

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm pretty confused about this 120 days thing...so if a person pays for a month so that they can see if the account is worth playing, they then can't play it for 4 months after the one month sub runs out??!! Is that the case? If so that seems a bit crazy... :confused:
Is there no way to convert an unpaid account to EJ if it doesn't hold a house?
Do accounts that were previously free trial accounts not become EJ accounts automatically?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I'm pretty confused about this 120 days thing...so if a person pays for a month so that they can see if the account is worth playing, they then can't play it for 4 months after the one month sub runs out??!! Is that the case? If so that seems a bit crazy... :confused:
Is there no way to convert an unpaid account to EJ if it doesn't hold a house?
Do accounts that were previously free trial accounts not become EJ accounts automatically?
I agree that on its face, it's odd. To me, the housing part sounds like a bit of a smoke screen. An excuse to cover up the fact that it's also convenient for them to disincentivize drive-by subscribing. Such as, subscribing for one month because you're at 47 months and you want the vet reward. Or, subscribe for a month to use a bunch of perks and "pimp" your account for EJ playing. Such moves are less attractive, because when the subscription runs out, you're locked out for 120 days.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's the locking people out part I just can't get my head around. Seems a bit counter-productive to encouraging people to play.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This has everything to do with the 90 day housing rule + a 30 day buffer, agreed it sounds excessive but those are the terms for free play and I personally wouldn't change it

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought they were going with 40 items but it's still IMO rather silly but hopefully, they are looking at ways to help things.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should raise the subscribed bank box up to like 300-400 items, then give like 75-100 items to free accounts. This would cut down how many times people transfer as well and give more time to the devs to get crap done.