• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Assist help

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So recently my sister had to reinstall everything UO. Her files became corrupted. So she got everything reinstalled except UOAssist.

It will not install right no matter how many times we try. We download the fille from Tugsoft. We install it. It opens up and can't connect to update ace.

Then it open UO and you login but UOA is not running anymore. We tried everything and nothing works. We emailed Tugsoft and radio silence from him.

Please help us.

thank you

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Might be antivirus/firewall blocking it, open your antivirus and add the newly downloaded file as an exception.

better still, uninstall antivirus. They cause more grief than any virus ever would.

Last edited:

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine hasn't loaded properly (same issue as your sister - can't connect to server) since they put the rewards to try out on Test Centre recently.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did you run it as administrator? Have to change the rights on it. (right click uo assist link, choose 'properties', then go to 'compability' page, - check 'run as administrator'.
This advice, and "Unplug it and plug it back in" are my 2 favorite tips people tend to give..

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get the current uoassist.Dll anywhere from a friend. We solve this issue by transfering one file to the new Installation folder.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've tried a couple of times this week to pay the $15 for a new account and get a database error each time... and the purchase doesn't go through =(

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is everyone still able to connect to the Updateace server? I haven't been able to in a few weeks now.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mine is connecting.
What version of windows are you running?
Windows 10, fully updated.

I've also tried running UOA in admin mode. No difference. It suddenly refuses to connect to the updateace server.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Windows 10, fully updated.

I've also tried running UOA in admin mode. No difference. It suddenly refuses to connect to the updateace server.
did you use a new installation or an old one which did not connect to the Update ace Server?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well she has uninstalled & reinstalled EVERYTHING. . . THREE TIMES! Classic Client, EC Client, and UOAssist. They are running as administrator. She uses UO assist to show Char on Cartographer. Also to run multiple accounts as we only have eight active accounts and often need something like bods off the bod vendors which are owned by account #2 on the house of account #5. No cheating stuff just multi-account mundane crap. She's running Windows 11 on a HP Omen laptop with an intel core i7+ 8th Gen processor. Here are her specs -

Device name LAPTOP-QIM176V0
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Please help! Thanks.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fresh uoassist install doesnt help because it will not download the DLL. I can only repeat, get the DLL else where and copy it into that New installed uoassist folder. Then it will work.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fresh uoassist install doesnt help because it will not download the DLL. I can only repeat, get the DLL else where and copy it into that New installed uoassist folder. Then it will work.
She and I did that. It still doesn't work on her computer, :cursing::rant2:. I'll make a video when I get home!

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ITS WORKING!

The problem - the download does not include nor generate uoassist.dll. So it was the DLL file, just not the one I thought it was. :facepalm:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was having a similar problem here where my updater wasn't working when using my desktop app. This started happening back in like Feb/Mar maybe? I didn't really sweat it because I kept UO open on my desktop for days/weeks without shutting it down so I was able to get a couple of months of of the (10 attempts before being disabled). I emailed tugsoft like 7 times over the course of the last 6 or 7 months and never heard anything back so I figured I'd try to mess around with it. I was eventually able to kind of stumble through it and wanted to post my experience in case anyone else had a similar issue.

I was able to troubleshoot the issue by going to the tugsoft website ( UOAssist updates ) and clicking the actual UOAssist.exe file link on the page which downloads the file and when I ran it (from my browser) it successfully downloads the update and UOAssist downloads work again. That was the problem for me, the old .exe wasn't pointing to the latest .dll.

The one thing I had to figure out was why my prior shortcut to UOA seemed like it is still trying to find that old DLL and said "Failed to update - 10 attempts remaining". This is the reason that you need to replace the old .exe file (likely in your UOAssist folder) with the new .exe file (likely in your Downloads folder). You will also need to ensure you are running as Administrator like mandrake called out (this wasn't ever an issue for me before but this time around it was for some reason). To change the rights on it right click uo assist icon, choose 'properties', then go to 'compability' page, - check 'run as administrator'.

If you are doing that in your existing UOA folder with the new .exe then it should install the .dll and use the existing "UOA Settings" folder for your macros.

If you are getting something like the below error (like I did) that was related to needing to run UOA as an administrator (this was for when I created a shortcut). Once I did that it worked.

Now my UOA works like it did before without any issue. Hope this will help others if they encounter this issue.

1695233688347.png

One other thing that might also cause this that I also noticed was having the Compatibility mode check (keep it unchecked). When it's checked it throws those errors but when it isn't everything runs fine. I just upgraded this machine to Windows 10 (trying to figure out what the initial problem was) so it might have been defaulted for me.

1695236197050.png

Last edited: