• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Assist - deactivated... (solution)

Judy Hare

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
**Updated**

Go to start - run, type Regedit.

Find Hkey_current_user/software/tugsoft/uoassist
right click uo assist folder - export to file.
Save it on your computer, as uoassist.reg or something u name.

Go down to RegInfo (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo)

Find RegParam - change that value to decimal: 2719528996 (hex:a218b824) Thank you @obeeee

Now your UOAssist should work with10 more tries.

Thank you all!
Someone still needs to fix the dam thing

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine was fine until today when I got a windows 10 update. I'm still waiting for devs to make a program for us cc people to replace uo assist. i feel it is so wrong to do this to the cc people. it needs to make things more fair between ec/pincos and cc. they need before ej come out, if they forget about us cc people, I'm out of here lol. just my opinions
Spot on :)
How long did we wait for an CC bandself macro ? was it 14 or 15 years ?
With a bit of luck we might get mouse wheel/button functions in CC before UO hits 30 years. Oh ya and the ability to drink pots, and mount pets.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And people pay for this.
It's outdated as hell, but at least the health bars update w/ UOAssist. Mesanna needs to get her boys fingers out her butthole and on their keyboards to update CC with functionality like 'evaporated water', but actually have healthbars work... and also, Fix the healthbars, they haven't been working right in any client, even using UOAssist, since ambusher arc began(thanks for fixing the recall BS, now fix the rest of the problems you created), I hate it when my pet dies bc I thought the MFer was at 100% life the whole time. Basically, I'm sitting here, spending a lot of time on my hair, and the UO Production crew hit me in it. They hit my hair.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did what mandrake suggests in first post, and it didn't work right away. My computers were shut off for about 6 hours while I was at work, when I got home, I tried again...UOA started working again. Don't know what exactly changed, still get unable to reach update server, but UOA working as normal.
I've try again to start Uoassit with the lines of Mandrake but it doesn't work :(

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's outdated as hell, but at least the health bars update w/ UOAssist. Mesanna needs to get her boys fingers out her butthole and on their keyboards to update CC with functionality like 'evaporated water', but actually have healthbars work... and also, Fix the healthbars, they haven't been working right in any client, even using UOAssist, since ambusher arc began(thanks for fixing the recall BS, now fix the rest of the problems you created), I hate it when my pet dies bc I thought the MFer was at 100% life the whole time. Basically, I'm sitting here, spending a lot of time on my hair, and the UO Production crew hit me in it. They hit my hair.
I'm sorry but u had me laughing out loud about pet bar , seeing full health then pet dead. wth, how did my pet die lol. happens to me too.

Finegold

Journeyman
well... 1 more failure for me and UOAssist will be disabled. I am not messing with my registry.

Contact my ISP if I need help setting up DNS.... what?
assist.JPG

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we make this a sticky until the issue is resolved please?
This would be a good thing as this could be a showstopper for the game. The client polls here have shown 2/3 of us play the Classic Client, the question is how many of us would keep playing w/o UOAssist. With my arthritis, the pain will most likey end UO for me, I can't stand the EC, and a game is only good with good content and a good UI. Will the game be saved for us by the Devs putting together a UOA replacement? I've got about 250 days until my first house falls and the second goes a month later. Whether I buy more game time will be decided by the Devs getting started adding UOA features to the CC, particularly the multi-keystroke macro ability. Having to do all the raised garden bed harvesting manually will damn well hurt.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have any luck yet?
that reset fix didn't work for me because my Uoassist got disabled after 6 tries to update. it does say I have 10 tries but still doesn't work.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[bcolor=transparent]don't you have to pay for this just once? and it pays to have this x one million lol.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]I really hope they fix it soon. I have a lot of downtime come holidays and I don't want to spend it crafting or afk training pets :([/bcolor]
Sadly there aren't any legal alternatives to assist :/
So it's pay up, or cheat, or don't be able todo alot of stuff..

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you Mandrake of DF!

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**Updated**

Find RegParam - change that value to decimal: 2719528996 (hex:a218b824) Thank you @obeeee

Thank you all!

is there a fix for someone already locked out?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tugsoft's email server might be down as well which kinda would explain why he doesn't respond to emails.

a friend found this on the net: https://www.manta.com/c/mm7kcdv/tugsoft-inc

maybe someone from the US could call that number. Or maybe the guy is on facebook or some other social network?

Tectop

Journeyman
Has Anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling assist? Only pain I can think of it having to redo all your micros.
Thoughts?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
**Updated**

Thank you all!
at the RegParam I change it to decimal and put 2719528996?

Southernbelle

Journeyman
**Updated**

Thank you all!

Followed steps and got 10 more tries but still not running, what am I doing wrong? If someone can pm or ICQ me please!!!! 41189642

Southernbelle

Journeyman
I dont understand what ya'll have all in your uoassist file but mine dont have half of what ya'lls does, i did redownload it before i found this could be why. hope i didnt screw myself up more.

Anyone got actual screen shots?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person who owns UOA from the last time I talked to him was working elsewhere and Tugsoft was his side line.
Its quite possible he has not been made awaire this is happening yet... he usually is on this stuff in a day or two after a game update.
With it being close to Christmas, it is quite possible he went on holiday before this problem came up.
I do agree there should be a way of contacting that will aid to repair this issue and others that pop up.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be a good thing as this could be a showstopper for the game. The client polls here have shown 2/3 of us play the Classic Client, the question is how many of us would keep playing w/o UOAssist. With my arthritis, the pain will most likey end UO for me, I can't stand the EC, and a game is only good with good content and a good UI. Will the game be saved for us by the Devs putting together a UOA replacement? I've got about 250 days until my first house falls and the second goes a month later. Whether I buy more game time will be decided by the Devs getting started adding UOA features to the CC, particularly the multi-keystroke macro ability. Having to do all the raised garden bed harvesting manually will damn well hurt.

Not many things would make me quit this game. Losing UOassist likely would be something that would

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
well, I tried to call that Number at https://www.manta.com/c/mm7kcdv/tugsoft-inc and was told that the call can't be completed as dialed. So far I will give up and hope that someone can answer the question I posted early, as of right now my UOA is down and I can only play in the CC without it. I already explain why in no way I can play the EC. So if this is not fixed then this will be my last year of UO.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
well it did fix the number, but UOA is not booting up with the CC, *Sign*

12-18-170001.jpg

Thanks for the help, I am still with no UOA, but I just sit here and wait for one of you really smart folks to help us older farts out.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has Anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling assist? Only pain I can think of it having to redo all your micros.
Thoughts?
This would probably work. It shouldn't delete your settings and macros, but if it did, you could save the UOA\UOA-Settings folder and then copy the files back. You could also export and then reimport the HKCU\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\Reginfo keys that authorize your account(s). However, this is an unnecessary pain if you do Mandrake's counter reset.

When this happened a few years ago, I used my hosts file to point UOA back to my computer at 127.0.0.1, which fooled UOA into thinking the server was up, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those uncomfortable with editing the registry directly, and even those who are comfortable, here's the easy solution if you know how to create a text file. No one suggested this yet?

Open Notepad, then copy and paste in these lines:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo]
"RegParam"=dword:a218b824​

That's it, just four lines. Save it as something like uoareset.reg -- the first part of the name is not important, but it has to end with the .reg extension. Then all it takes to reset UOA's counter is double-clicking the file, and clicking a few times through the prompts.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thoughts?
doesn't work. I've done it multiple times. still nothing. I have unfortunately had to resort to an alternate tool that is similar to assist until its fixed.......

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
2-21-190001.jpg 2-21-190002.jpg 2-21-190003.jpg

This worked for me, after putting in the 2719528996 I was able to see 10 more attempts on UOA.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can put
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo]
"RegParam"=dword:a218b824
in a *.reg file and then use it over and over by just double clicking it. I attached one but had to zip it for upload.

Attachments

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You guys really worry about assist?

Just use the 3rd party alternative which is much better anyway. Yes it's maybe not approved by no one gives AF

Or use EC