• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unique Names

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and for those of you who are a little younger.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one who impersonated Dot Warner did so with such accuracy that even the guild tag was hard to see the difference... So unless you were really scrutinizing it you wouldn't have been able to notice...
That is why on my main shard Siege I have ZOOG Z0OG ZO0G and Z00G all covered :) Gotta think about those things PERV on the other hand not so easy to mimic :)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the idea of unique names. After a while they all become taken and you're forced to become (name4545665438).

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a shard where we have over 8 chars names Wraith, and sometimes all at the same time, got to say they all also the same guild!!
*grins*
I think that is why Mervyn mentioned it, he is trying to kill us off. :)

I've seen those guys too, maybe they all have poor memory skills so it's easier if they are all the same name... :p
Aging, and suffering a UO mid life crisis. :(

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been forced to change names before in other games such as when I went on my WOW kick some years ago. I had a character named Twodollaho and I was forced to change it. I have charcters on UO with names like Juana Fauck and Inbred Jed that are frowned on. In fact while trading the AOS blessed clothing some time ago, some guy refused to trade with that toon because of the name on the article of clothing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What about allow us to choose an uniqui family name for our master account, that can be shoven together with our name. I have chars Freja, Tina Tink, Rosalia etc. Lets say I choose a family name "Fretiro" made from my main chars names, then all my chars could use it as last name and I would be seen as Freja {Fretiro} or Tina Tink {Fretiro} as overhead name, chat name, name in guild list. It would also make it easier for me to see, who in guild, was the same player.
It should be optional if you want it to show or not, so if you have a thief or PK char, you could hide family name but if you want to be sure noone use your name, you can show it.

StressBall

Adventurer
This is hard. I mostly impersonated people i liked because I thought the person would think it was funny. My apologies.

Rest was just retaliation. Trolls get such a bad name searching for justice.