• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

G

Another (possibly utterly stupid) idea:

Create a new Windows account.
Give it admin permissions. Yes, I know your current logon already has them. Indulge me.
Try to run UOA.

It may sound weird, but I've known this to solve other odd UO problems in the past.

Now, as to the dll side of things in filemon, if memory serves, the zone identifier message means a registry key does not exist, or that the key exists but does not contain data. Which key.... your guess is as good as mine.

So, I'd say it's a case of trying to match regmon's output up with filemon, and taking lots of headache tablets while trying to do that!

Tracert failing on the first step or two isn't usually an issue - those are normally routers or servers at your ISP (or home) which are set to ignore such things. So long as the trace reaches its final destination, it doesn't sound as if that's the problem.

Last desperate suggestion (for now!) - instead of launching UOA from the start menu shortcut, start it via a command prompt - change directory to the UOA folder, and run it from there.

*sighs*

Or wait for KR to download / a friend to post a usable DVD or set of CDs to you! Buy a faster PC while you're at it. KR is not fast. Not fast at all.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry, but did anybody else get reminded of this when they read the title?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! Thats the first thing i thought when i read this hahahaha

Verum Julos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know how to fix this wyrm and being a fellow red i would be more than happy to give you this info in game or here its a bit long and involved so i dunno if you wana do it on these posts

G

<blockquote><hr>

i know how to fix this wyrm and being a fellow red i would be more than happy to give you this info in game or here its a bit long and involved so i dunno if you wana do it on these posts

[/ QUOTE ]

Please icq me at 492366430. We can talk there. If you really can fix this for me I will for sure compensate you with some treasure in game...

It must be something related to windows configuration...

G

Sweety I feel your pain, wish I had some better ideas.

*Gives Wyrm a big bear hug*

J

Jakylpops

All of you nitwits complaining about how you don't need UOA have NO IDEA what's it's like trying to play without it after you've gotten used to using your mousewheel, or any other extra buttons you may have on it.

EA still programs like it's 1997 and everyone is still using a vanilla two button mouse, not even UOKR has support for mapping macros to your mouse as far as i can tell...COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for a game as customizable as this one.

I applaud Wyrm for doing the right thing and trying to get UOA working, because as far as I know the only other programs that do the same thing are ILLEGAL in game.

If anyone knows of some decent NON UO related software that does the same thing, please speak up, I'd love to find something that might fill some of the gaping holes EA left in the UOKR control options.

G

Are you calling me a nitwit?

Then you got something wrong, I do use UOA and I would not play without before KR is ready to replace 2D and UOA.

I really hope Wyrm get rid of this problem.