• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

G

Can you believe this ?
I formatted my computer... I say again : I FORMATTED MY COMPUTER... Then I reinstalled everything from scratch... UO, then UOA... and it gives me the SAME ERROR ????????????
The screen freezes at "VERIFYING ACCOUNT"
It says the data stream has changed and requires a new uoa dll... But what the heck ? I just downloaded the latest version of UOA and installed it from scratch !!!!! Why doesnt it work ???????????????????

Somebody has to know what to do.. I completely give up.. I tried everything.. Formatting the computer was the last thing I could do...

I can log in the game using the UO client normnally... but when I use the UOA client, it freezes on verifying account... EVEN if I type a wrong login and password... it just freezes... doesnt even tell me that the account name is invalid or password is wrong.. it just freeszes at verifying account after the message of data stream error appears !!!!!

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this ???????

A

absimiliard

Wow. Brutal.

I have no clue alas. I would've figured a clean install, and you clearly have one, should've fixed it.

Where's Skylark when we need her?

-abs

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine was doing the same thing after the last patch On Sunday I uninstalled UOA and reinstalled it and it works now.

A

AntiOTF

C:/program files/EA games/Ultima Online eight age/ desktop

Delete all the desktop folders (should only be one), comepletely exit uo, clear memory cache, reboot, then try again to start uoa.

Hope you get it going, you need to contact that majorwoo, he may can help get ya going.

A

AntiOTF

Scratch all that I just typed, if you formatted, then that shouldn't matter. maybe you have a nasty virus? Formatting doesn't always kill the virus.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Scratch all that I just typed, if you formatted, then that shouldn't matter. maybe you have a nasty virus? Formatting doesn't always kill the virus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man... That would be the only answer, seriously !
But I firmly believe I have no virus... Im, say, 90% sure ! :[

I even tried using older UO cds that I have here... I tried to install using the SECOND AGE CD... which took me 8754875498 hours to download all the patches ! Argh.,,,. What for ? Also didnt work :] hehehehe

G

Yay! The blues are safe for now...

Nah, seriously. I hope U get it to work eventually.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yay! The blues are safe for now...

Nah, seriously. I hope U get it to work eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmpf.. Insolent !
If I EVER get it to work again, you shall be found and TORTURED ! :_[]

G

Hmm. Sounds to me as if something's missing. What... well, try some of these.

RegMon will show you where in the registry UO is hunting... FileMon will show you what files it's trying to open. If you find that something's missing - well, that's probably a good place to start.

If not...

Try the KR client!
*ducks*

G

Oh, all right. KR may be a little bit drastic.

If it fails at 'verifying', then it might be a firewall issue.
Check that UOA can launch UO (and vice versa...it's a weird relationship those two have).

Try turning OFF the firewall, and log in with a completely bogus account.
Granted, it won't work, but at least you should get the 'you cannot log in' message - showing it to be a firewall issue. Or not.

Or, you could always try KR.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Have you already tried uninstalling UOA completely (including deleting the folder afterwards), restarting, and re-installing it? (I mean after your most recent format/fresh install). It's always something to try, even if it sounds repetitive.

What operating system are you on?
What client are you using? What version is that client?

I

imported_Goron

email the uoa guy.
Also, he has a diff dll on his website...
this is of course assuming u have a legal version......

G

May sound silly, but since you've tried everything else it can't hurt.

I read that someone who had this problem fixed it by going to 'settings' when uoa started up and doing 'force update check'.

Since you've re-installed everything it shouldn't make the slightest difference, but I guess it's worth a try?

G

EEEEEEEEEEP
How terrible, I hope your UOA is soon working again. Would it help to deinstall and then re-install UOA again? Or call a UOA guy for assistance with the problem.
Or would it help to buy a new key if this one isnt working?
*hopes he wouldnt throw out 15$ out of the window for nothing*
Or you try KR, some of the UOA features are already there. After the last patch its a lot better
*flees and hides*
GOOD LUCK !!!

F

Fidessa

Just thought about it and I have it too! Sometimes when I switch characters then I get msg saying uoa data stream changed and then I pick a shard and then nothing.... it freezes. I get it to work to close whole UO and start up again.

G

First things first.

Do a search on your computer for uoassist.dll. Use advanced options, and search the entire drive, including hidden files/folders.

It should only find them in 1 location - wherever you installed your UOA. Right click on the dll file(s) found and check the version tab.

The latest versions of the program files are:

UOAssist.dll Version 1.19.20.3 - Posted July 18, 2007
UOAssist.exe Version 1.6.0.0 - Posted June 25, 2007

Post what versions you have. If they are the latest, then the troubleshooting begins.

And don't get excited about the virus possibility. Sure you might have a boot sector virus lurking, which a reformat would not touch, but I doubt it. I also highly doubt there is one out there that exclusively targets UO logins while UO Assist is running.

-Skylark

P

pikon198

insolent uoa user!! Thou is a false red who leans on a uoa cane for assistance because thou art too SCARED to run it(UO client) the old fashion way Muahahahahaha, The WYRM is nothing more then a third party program with macroes and clicks, come back out of your holes blues this red is but a pawn of trickey machinery!

G

First, thanks everyone for the support...

Ok. Here are some things Ive already done :

1 - The force update thing has been tried ! Doesnt work

2 - Firewall has been disabled too. Doesnt work

3 - Computer is totally clean. I havent installed anything yet but Windows XP, service pack 2, and obviously all the motherboard and video board drivers from their own CDs. So, it cannot be a conflict with any other program.

4 - I already checked the DLL versions. Here, let me list the UOA dlls I have :
UOAssist.dll - 1.19.20.3 / UpdateAce.dll - 0.9.6.0 / UOAssist.exe - 1.6.0.0

5 - I wrote to Tugsoft reporting this ! They answered with a question :
They asked if I was able to see the NEWS on the update news screen of UOA.
And yes, I can see the news...
It says Updated July 18... blah blah blah

Now Im waiting for their next reply ! :_{

I wonder if Im going to purchase a new HD just to run UOA again.,., Jesus !

G

<blockquote><hr>

insolent uoa user!! Thou is a false red who leans on a uoa cane for assistance because thou art too SCARED to run it(UO client) the old fashion way Muahahahahaha, The WYRM is nothing more then a third party program with macroes and clicks, come back out of your holes blues this red is but a pawn of trickey machinery!

[/ QUOTE ]

PIKON !! You better hide thineself pretty well when Im back, because if I find thee....You will feel pain from your head down to your toes !!! MWUAHAHAHAHAH

P

pikon198

SCREW the UOA ! ! ! ! ! ! It's useless, play UO the old regular way ! ! ! ! Just cause uoa aint working doesnt mean your uo is broken too. Play the game without the handicap progam.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm. Sounds to me as if something's missing. What... well, try some of these.

RegMon will show you where in the registry UO is hunting... FileMon will show you what files it's trying to open. If you find that something's missing - well, that's probably a good place to start.

If not...

Try the KR client!
*ducks*

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man.. Im downloading Filemon right now !

And ARGH.. Please not the KR client !!! :}

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

PIKON !! You better hide thineself pretty well when Im back, because if I find thee....You will feel pain from your head down to your toes !!! MWUAHAHAHAHAH

[/ QUOTE ]

Har hAr har, yee won't be back fer some time matey if ya keep waiting on landlubber programming. An' by that time ah'll be sailing thee deep blue seas ya scurvey [censored] o' a one legged wench!! Thee only wyrm ah'll be seeing is the scwirmy little bugga on the end o' me fishing hook as ah'try and fish meself up some seafood! So comon yee bilge rat an gimme yarr best HARHARHAR, yee nancy liver spineless squid o' a skeleton!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

SCREW the UOA ! ! ! ! ! ! It's useless, play UO the old regular way ! ! ! ! Just cause uoa aint working doesnt mean your uo is broken too. Play the game without the handicap progam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milord... have you created a mage yet ??? Do it without UOA, I dare thee !
Ive been playing this damn game for too long with UOA. I dont wanna lose its facilities now. WOuld be a backward..er.. or whatever its written.,., gasp

P

pikon198

Harhar, look there is a mighty sword by your throne matey, pick it up and hack your enemies to bits instead

G

<blockquote><hr>

Har hAr har, yee won't be back fer some time matey if ya keep waiting on landlubber programming. An' by that time ah'll be sailing thee deep blue seas ya scurvey [censored] o' a one legged wench!! Thee only wyrm ah'll be seeing is the scwirmy little bugga on the end o' me fishing hook as ah'try and fish meself up some seafood! So comon yee bilge rat an gimme yarr best HARHARHAR, yee nancy liver spineless squid o' a skeleton!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... Then thourt a pirate !!!
Did you know ive murdered several despicable blues in the ocean as well ??? The sea isnt big enough, mate ! I can find thee, eventually...
I will kill you the same way I kill dolphins... With much joy... MWUAHHAAHAHHhahahahahahahahh Gasp... I love their little little shouts when I flamestrike 'em.,., WKMJUAHGSAHSHAHGAHGASHSAHASHAAH

P

pikon198

Yahar, undead don't faire well on thee ocean! An t'would take a skilled captain to catch me vessal, she be called The Bitter End, cause any who see 'er meet their bloody end, ARrr! Dolphins be meer speed bumps as ah' crush em under me hull an turn em into shark food HAR hAr harrr!!!

M

majorwoo

are you using XP or Vista?
There are some problems with Vista and its various compatibility settings.

G

<blockquote><hr>

are you using XP or Vista?
There are some problems with Vista and its various compatibility settings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Windows XP, sevice pack 2. Been using it the whole year. It just started happening after the latest patch !

M

majorwoo

I've not had that, though I had someone get something similar awhile back. They had enabled compatibility settings for UO assist and were having problem. You are running as an administrator on the machine right? uoa has problems if your not. Try disabling any firewalls for a moment and see if the connection goes through - sometimes they don't always pop up a warning of what they are blocking.

G

I would suspect a corrupted DLL file first. The thing about DLLs is even if you think you are replacing one with a newer version, often it doesn't actually replace it. So, delete uoassist.dll, including any zipped copy you previously downloaded in the UOA installation. Get rid of them all.

Reboot

Download a fresh copy of the UOA files - I would suggest disabling your anti virus briefly just long enough to download those files. I have seen AV programs corrupt DLL files and it was extremely difficult to pinpoint what had happened.

Something to try while you are waiting around for Tugsoft response.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would suspect a corrupted DLL file first. The thing about DLLs is even if you think you are replacing one with a newer version, often it doesn't actually replace it. So, delete uoassist.dll, including any zipped copy you previously downloaded in the UOA installation. Get rid of them all.

Reboot

Download a fresh copy of the UOA files - I would suggest disabling your anti virus briefly just long enough to download those files. I have seen AV programs corrupt DLL files and it was extremely difficult to pinpoint what had happened.

Something to try while you are waiting around for Tugsoft response.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Babe, Ive done everything regarding DLL files, trust me ! :]
I deleted the dll files from UOA directory, then defragged computer, then downloaded the DLLs again from tugsoft.
I tried to disable firewall, to disable anti virus.. HECK... I havent even installed an anti virus yet after formatting the computer ! It simply doesnt work.

I was thinking about Region settings, date and time... But even changing everything to United states and blah blah blah still doenst work...

And hey, Majorwoo. Yes, running as administrator.

Ive been beaten by UOA :{ How humiliating.,.,

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ive been beaten by UOA :{ How humiliating.,.,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it sounds like you have covered all the user side basics.

More than likely it is something subtle that changed in the client following the patch that is just interacting badly between the 2 programs in your specific configuration, and could even have to do with how you are routing to the servers on the Internet. Probably not much you can do on your own to fix it. You might try reporting this on the Stratics tech forum. Sometimes the support team looks at that forum.

One final thing...when you launch UO using UOA, at the client screen, the button that says "Settings" on the lower right corner, what do you have selected in there?

-Skylark

G

SKY... At this very moment I am reinstalling UO and UOA fcrom scratch... Its downloading patches again for the 70th time. Will take a while... I will post here later how the UOA settings are set. I think that by default, its marked to use the "Method 1(old-improved)" . But I remember trying the other two options too and also didnt work. All the rest is exactly as yours...
Anyway, thanks in advance. I will try the Method 3(newest) this time, as soon as everything is ready here again !

Hey ANTI-OTF, I will try CCleaner, but with little hopes since the CPU was formatted and should be already "clean" ! Hehehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey ANTI-OTF, I will try CCleaner, but with little hopes since the CPU was formatted and should be already "clean" ! Hehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

A virus can be in the master boot so if you only format C: it won't clean it, delete all partions before you reinstall. Now this may be a problem if it's a pre installed computer with reinstall files places on a partion or you made 2 partions and do have all your files on second partion, then you will have to move them to a extern drev or CD's.

If you are using your WinXP CD to reinstall, there is an options to delete the partions and make them again, that should as far I know, clean the master boot.

G

As you say you've installed nothing but XP, SP, drivers, etc, and UO, I assume there's no anti-virus/anti-spyware running?

The reason for asking is, I experienced some problems with a couple of products over the last year, telling me (after CLOSING UO!!!!) that 'client.exe is attempting to launch UOAssist.exe', and other silly things. So, it's possible that it's something like that. Or not.

Hopefully filemon or regmon will show something.

Tip: turn on the filters so that you only see UO and UOA - those apps pick up EVERYTHING, and it's easy to go insane looking through the massive logs!

Alternately, have a dig around for 'hijack this'. Not that I think you have a virus, but again, apps like that give a good idea of what's going on in memory.

If that doesn't work, go and hang around on Tugsoft's doorstep, whispering 'insolent blues! You will pay! Muwahahaha' through their letterbox until they fix it.

Or try KR. (sorry!)

S

Sergul'zan_SP

He's not the only one now. Ever since I shut my machine down after the UOAssist install it's sitting at Verifying Account, that regardless of whether it's starting with or without UOAssist.

When I get a chance I'll mess with it and see if I can't come up with a solution for both of us hehe.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Changing UOAssist from Method 1 to Method 3 in the Load UOAssist using option under the settings button fixed the problem. Try it if you haven't yet.

G

I ran filemon... Gonna run it again now with filters as you suggested....
But I saw some lines where it doesnt find some dlls... But those are dlls from the windows/system32 directory... and the UOA looks for them at the UOA directory....
Anyway, I copy pasted some of them from the windows directory to the UOA directory... Of course, also didnt work...

I also thought about region settings, and then I put everything to English and north american stuff, date and time zones,..,.... Doesnt work.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

Hey Freja... I deleted the partition and created a new one... Everything has been completely done from scratch, literally !! hehehe

Also, in UOA, I put it to method 3 on the settings, but still gives me the same error... Data stream has been changed and blah blah blah (gets stuck at verifying account).

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Are those DLL's in the directories they're supposed to be in? (Windows Default)?

You might try registering them and see if it helps. This has been known to cause problems with cryptography in the past, which would change your data stream for sure.

Navigate to the folder where the file is, and type regsvr32 &lt;filename&gt;.dll. It should pop up and tell you successfully registered so long as the file exists. Do this for each one, and once you're finished try to crank UO again and see what happens.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are those DLL's in the directories they're supposed to be in? (Windows Default)?

You might try registering them and see if it helps. This has been known to cause problems with cryptography in the past, which would change your data stream for sure.

Navigate to the folder where the file is, and type regsvr32 &lt;filename&gt;.dll. It should pop up and tell you successfully registered so long as the file exists. Do this for each one, and once you're finished try to crank UO again and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm..Interesting !!! I will try that for sure :} Thanks for the tip !

G

Running filemon, ive run to some lines where it gives me errors...

c:\programfiles\UOAssist\UOAssist.exe:Zone.Identifier NOT FOUND
c:\programfiles\UOAssist\UOAssist.lnk:Zone.Identifier NOT FOUND

ANy idea of what this means ??
Thats why I thought about changing my region settings, but it didnt work ! :[

G

Are you behind a router?

This is a protocol or port problem and not your software...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you behind a router?

This is a protocol or port problem and not your software...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.,., No no, no router here :[
But Ive also noticed that when I try to trace route the first two jumps arent showing anymore, like if it was being blocked...
Anyway, the game works when I log in using UO client. It only freezes at "verifying account" when using UOA.... Why would it only block UOA ????? Very weird !

Hey, Sergul'Zan. Are you able to use REGSVR32 at the UOAssist.dll ???
Its says here that the dll server wasnt found and cannot be registered...... Does it also happen to you ?

P

pikon198

RAWR! Change your template and screw the assist, i liked you better when you were in kirin form ya pointy eared [censored], tree hugging fruit basket!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

No, you'd only be able to register windows DLL's with regsvr32.

A zone identifier is what causes Windows to pop up a warning window asking if you'd like to run the program. When you uncheck that box that says "Always ask before opening this file," the zone identifier is deleted. If you unchecked that box, then it should not be found.

I'm seeing if I can find anything that would associate this with your data stream. Sofar no luck, but I'll keep looking.

EDIT: you can right click on UOAssist.exe, navigate to properties and click it. See if there is an Unblock button towards the bottom - if there is click it.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I've posted this before but I'll remind folks again.

If you see the UOA error after a patch, don't continue to log in.

Go to the UOAssist installation directory.
Find the directory called UOA-Settings
(In there you will see account | shard | character)
Simply "COPY" the character folder to the account folder.
Then all your settings are preserved. When you notice the error message has gone away, "MOVE" the folder back so that any changes you've made are saved.

Do not do this while in game.

The reason I mention not to continue to log in, is that if you do, UOA will make a new character folder for you under account. And you can become confused which folder is good and has present working macro's ect.

Now you will have to do this for every character you want to play, for every account, shard ect.

Heck in days long past, I even made a batch file to do the copy and moving for all my character.

This doesn't break anything, doesn't mess anything up, nor is it harmful. UOAssist is just confused due to the data stream, and reverts up one directory/folder for its settings. (think its an old setting/format style before OSI/EA put in data encryption)

Good Luck,

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this man. This is from the original UO forums, and could potentially relate to your problem. Whether or not this glitch appears in modern UOA I'm not sure, but it would definitely trigger the type of error you are experiencing.

J

Jason619

I'm sorry, but did anybody else get reminded of this when they read the title?