• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TYPO: Vanguard Blades and Shields worth *2,500* not *25,000*

C

Connor_Graham

"As someone who handed in 50 Pyros, and 25 Beserkers.... Ouch"

Ouch indeed. I turned in 83 Berserker Scythes....

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, I don't see any indication that the point value of Staff of Pyros or Berserker Scythes, etc are changing... No one has indicated that the new point list supercedes the old list. My understanding is the Artifact 1-12 point values are for stealables and DF artifact drops.

E

Evilminion

I have to agree with Foxxy on the virtue artifact drops: they're very infrequent, and it's much easier to "farm" other artifacts. I believe that the virtue items with specified artifact levels should be redeemable for points, particularly since Tokuno stealables and other non-Doom-gauntlet artifacts are allowed.

Thinking of stealables, though, I do have a question for Jeremy et al: can we turn in stealables from before the introduction of the artifact level system? For example, let's say I have five identical rocks, three of which are labeled "a rock", and two of which are labeled "a rock, artifact level 1". Can I turn all my rocks in, or just the "artifact" labeled ones?

M

Moby Grape

Ok, alright if they meant only stealable level 12 arties, why didn't they list it as Ruined Painting?

Is there some other level 12 stealable, that we don't know of?

Is there, Mr. "listen up" ET?

P

PixelPusher

There is a typo in the turn-in updates: here

Both the Obsidian Blade and Chaos Shield should be listed at 2,500 points, not 25,000.

Darned powers of ten... sorry about that!
*Lifts head off desk and looks around*
Damnit Drac! Ruined another wet dream!!
:wall:

5,000 points does sounds a little more like it though...

T

timbeOFbaja

Agree with the Mod above...

As a person who also turned in a crap load of lvl 12 artifacts (Pryros and such). It would be a devistaing blow, to find out they would now award 25k per each of the items, the same ones that I turned in for 2.5k(?).:gun:
Devestating. Really? I'm devestated that I didn't turn in more things during the very first Clean Up Britannia event and get a full set of Phoenix armor. I'm devestated that the range armor I held onto for eight years is still only worth 50K gp. You know what, you can never predict the value of something in this game. They may all of a sudden make phoenix armor craftable and the people who paid 100Million for a set would be "devestated".

Wait till people are putting staffs of pyros on vendors for 8 Mill each and you can devestated then too. The reality is that it's always just a guess as to what will and what won't hold it's value and being devestated by the ups and downs is going to get you nowhere.

I don't care either way, but consider what percentage of pyros and scythes were turned in. Those things aren't event loot now, they're actually rares so you could argue they have greater value. Either way, roll with it.

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You answered your own question. The ruined painting is the level 12 artie and as for why they would list it as artifact 12, I would assume for consistency. They very well may include the virtue artifacts in those listings but then what about the virtue armor? It doesn't have a artifact rarity. My main point was that I really don't see them suddenly changing the point values of the Staff of Pyros, Vorpal Blades, and Bezerker Scythes.

Ok, alright if they meant only stealable level 12 arties, why didn't they list it as Ruined Painting?

Is there some other level 12 stealable, that we don't know of?

Is there, Mr. "listen up" ET?

L

Lord Drakelord

where do we turn in the swords and shields???????????????? :confused:

S

SilentFoxXy

When to hand in Items?

Basically anyone who did the good little person thing as they were asked to , and handed in on Tier one, is now being punished.

Sure, there are those who will say, well you know 2nd tier, 3rd tier, hell even 201st tier for all we know, was coming.

So , when do we hand in?? now, or do we wait until next march when the next spring clean comes along??

lets face it, with new rewards added at every stage, and new items, there is no sense whatsoever in handing in tier one or tier 2 items now we have 'learnt' our lesson is there??

"Where do I turn in the Phase 2 items?"

This got left out of the patch notes accidentally - the NPC is Yonns the Collector, and he hangs out in the Artist's Guild in (Trammel) Britain, right behind the bank. We're aware of the issue that creates for Siege, and we'll let you know where he'll be on Siege once the publish goes worldwide.

But TBH, if you do hand in, you're basically cutting your bits off, cos who knows, they may even give us PBDs for 500,000 in tier 3....

S

Scratch

funny part is all the people that have been buying them up for points for a couple hundred k each

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case anyone is still following this thread regarding the staff of pyros, vorpal blades, and scythe's:

Default Pub 53 Turn-ins: Fixing incorrect point values
The publish to Origin contained a bug where the following items could be turned into Yonns for more points than allowed in Phase 1:

* Staff of Pyros
* Vorpal Blade
* Berserker's Scythe

These have been removed from Yonns in the worldwide publish, and will only be worth their normal points to Onoe (2,500gp, 2,500gp, and 10,000gp respectively).

We apologize for the inconvenience this bug caused to Origin. Thanks for being our public test shard!