• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TYPO: Vanguard Blades and Shields worth *2,500* not *25,000*

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a typo in the turn-in updates: here

Both the Obsidian Blade and Chaos Shield should be listed at 2,500 points, not 25,000.

Darned powers of ten... sorry about that!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a typo in the turn-in updates: here

Both the Obsidian Blade and Chaos Shield should be listed at 2,500 points, not 25,000.

Darned powers of ten... sorry about that!
*sighs*

Oh well, I thought I had a chance for some stuff there.

Oh well; the 2,500 level is perfectly understandable.

Thanks for clarifying!

-Galen's player

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up. Its nice to know they are at least part of the turn-in. I don't have many but I know some players have acquired a lot of them.

M

mmmbeer

what a joke!

guess its back to ignoringing the event till next phase...
2500 points is ridiculous!!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, thats it over for me. I spent the day killing Vanguards and had a nice little bag i was gunna turn in tomoz. *Sigh* Now im depressed. I mean, yeah, it makes sence. But *sigh* i just spent so much work.....:grrr:

W

Wolfie

I won't be killing any more Vanguards. Yes I agree, 25k points was a bit much. But cursed arties dropped 4-5 at a time during Magincia invasion and they are worth 5k points. They should be worth the same, not worth my time to kill vanguards now.

H

Hanna

I won't be killing any more Vanguards. Yes I agree, 25k points was a bit much. But cursed arties dropped 4-5 at a time during Magincia invasion and they are worth 5k points. They should be worth the same, not worth my time to kill vanguards now.
Maybe for some people, I don't know anyone personally that got more than 8 for the whole duration of the event.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe for some people, I don't know anyone personally that got more than 8 for the whole duration of the event.
If you went to the Felucca side when you could kill Balrons with 2 energy bolts, you got a ton of them. We were tossing them on the ground after a while.

F

Fayled Dhreams

well ... hold on to them for three (3) years ...(check the statue by Gung Farmers Bridge)
maybe they'll be worth ... 13k ?

hehehehehe ...
use it or lose it ... :D

M

mmmbeer

8 cursed artys? omgosh during the mag invasions demons were dropping up to 5 at a time....
i managed to save 650 cursed artys to turnin!!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi could you confirm that items from phase 1 could still be turned in when phase 2 is implemented please?

thanks

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what a joke!

guess its back to ignoringing the event till next phase...
2500 points is ridiculous!!
You never know though. Part of the publish is fixing the spawn that gets stuck underground and whatnot. That might be enough to get players participating again.

P

Prince Caspian

I have some nice Cheddar cheese to do with your wine...
Um
You got any smoked gouda? That's more my speed.
:p

Anyhow, I don't know if I'm having any whine with it, but I'm gonna have a nice chilly mug of schadenfraude. So many foolios stampeded over to Cove last night in desperate hopes of getting more pixelcrack-for-pixelcrack.

At first I feel irritated that the payout is STILL so damn high for such a recent item, whereas the comparable-dropped Planar Sword got 1/25th of that payout last time.

But then I remember the items offered this time around are pretty much useless eyecandy, and my smile comes back.

H

Hanna

8 cursed artys? omgosh during the mag invasions demons were dropping up to 5 at a time....
i managed to save 650 cursed artys to turnin!!
So, you lucked out on magencia event and got 3.25 Million worth of points why are you whining now about not getting way too many points for the swords and shields?

S

SilentFoxXy

Just a shame that 'The Event' which appeared to have life breathed back into it today, has again, unfortunately, gone back to its 'Totally Unused' state.

Personally, 2,500 , fine, adds to the other 1000+ items to hand in, but.....

We do need a new avenue in this event, surely several weeks of the same old same old is enough already??.

Why are we siding with SL, or dying??

Sure I told Andrew to *Ill edit it to keep it clean*, and died, but why??

Surely a 48 hr time scale should be plenty, why wait, and prolong the fun, the expectation has now dipped to jaded.

Sl= Immortals, Black figures, dark and with Magiks, to side with them, to really turn against all that is good and wholesome, why, for a 3 pixel bit of 1 ht rareness??

No, No, to fight for honor, we die, we pay insurance (or Not) for what, where is our gallant charger, our knights in armor, our saviours, emerging, battered and bleeding from Andrews summoning area, but proud, and full of story, or lore, of history.....

There must be more to uolife than this, there must.....

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2500 is a Little low in my opinion, & 25K was certainly way too much (was nice to actually think "gawd I might actually be able to get some armor now" for at least a few hours.) I think in the area of 4000 to 4750 would of been a little better though considering they are a tad tough to get for some.

S

Saris

Hmm I can kill them but it takes me about 3 hours to get a sword or shield mostly as the sapwn is on a timer, I can get 3 or 2 doom artis during the same time frame so how about 10k and if nothing else it would give ppl a reason to kill the spawn.

Thing is I dont see the point RP wise, you kill them they respawn, its not like I make a differance.

At 2.5k I dont see the point , uh point wise lol

S

Saris

Aso they are alot harder to get than planer swords and sheilds, I could just loot them off the ground from the War between deamons and fallen warriors.

BTW

M

mmmbeer

So, you lucked out on magencia event and got 3.25 Million worth of points why are you whining now about not getting way too many points for the swords and shields?
not my point...

point is 2.5k for vanguard items WAY too low is what i meant is all

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw Sir! Those guys are mean and so are the horses they rode in on! Way meaner and smarter than those Magincia Daemons!

I only have 2 swords that Sir Fred gave me (which I am keeping) so this is not omg I cannot get a bazillion points post!

My point is, 25,000 was too high and 2,500 is too low. 5,000 is fair to me and I repeat I only have the two. ( Which I am keeping )

Thank you for your time.

L

Lord Drakelord

Ya I have to agree, the swords and shields should be worth the same as cursed arties. Specially as how hard the VG are to kill alone. Takes a Greater Dragon forever to do, when the VG is on that dang rubber band.

And we still cannot kill the ones under ground in NJ or SH yet, when will Pub 53 come and force them up?

S

Saris

I will 2nd that 25k too much 2.5 too little 5k I can deal with.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree 2500 is to low it should at least be 5000. I only have one of each that I had to buy since I haven't been able to get any and I won't be turning them in. But the people who do have them should at least get 5000 for them.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree 2500 is to low it should at least be 5000. I only have one of each that I had to buy since I haven't been able to get any and I won't be turning them in. But the people who do have them should at least get 5000 for them.
/sign

Quick change before it goes into production shards ;)

S

SilentFoxXy

Interested to see- Level 12 Artifacts = 25,000

Yet at Stage 1:-
Vorpals- Level 12 Artifact = 2,500
Staff Of Pyros - Level 12 Artifact= 2,500

Beserker Schythe- Level 12 Artifact = 10,000

As someone who handed in 50 Pyros, and 25 Beserkers.... Ouch

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arg! I bought several obsidian swords and vanguard shields for 200k each last night after I saw they were worth 25k point. Guess that turned out to be a bad move. Oh well... :thumbdown:

I do agree 2.5k-5k is more reasonable for them. Just wish they hadn't made that typo. Cost me a good chunk of change...

T

timbeOFbaja

Yeah, thats it over for me. I spent the day killing Vanguards and had a nice little bag i was gunna turn in tomoz. *Sigh* Now im depressed. I mean, yeah, it makes sence. But *sigh* i just spent so much work.....:grrr:
LOL. After the publish notes, I ran out and bought a few swords and shields for 150K each thinking I was getting a ton of points cheap. So I'm out some gold on that move. Then again, I knew things weren't final and that I was taking a risk, but, man, I thought worst case would be 10K. :)

A misplaced zero? Sounds like they hired the guy from Office Space.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I have no complaints sure beats the 100 point kick in the head that the plain sheilds and swords turned out to be... I had bunches of those I figured working hard at the vanguard ones would be a kick in the head too so I never bothered.... Now i might concider it more worth the time at 2.5k....

G

galefan2004

Sl= Immortals, Black figures, dark and with Magiks, to side with them, to really turn against all that is good and wholesome, why, for a 3 pixel bit of 1 ht rareness??
Because more harm has been done in the name of good then in the name of evil? Because at least you know evil is evil? Because some of us enjoy playing the evil side of the game? Because we can? Enough said!

No, No, to fight for honor, we die, we pay insurance (or Not) for what, where is our gallant charger, our knights in armor, our saviours, emerging, battered and bleeding from Andrews summoning area, but proud, and full of story, or lore, of history.....

There must be more to uolife than this, there must.....
I would have to say the dark side is just more popular, and it seems that this event might be all about the dark side winning.

G

galefan2004

Ya I have to agree, the swords and shields should be worth the same as cursed arties. Specially as how hard the VG are to kill alone. Takes a Greater Dragon forever to do, when the VG is on that dang rubber band.

And we still cannot kill the ones under ground in NJ or SH yet, when will Pub 53 come and force them up?
Some day tamers will actually realise they need various pets to hunt. Vanguards are exceedingly strong to physical and fire damage, but they are EXTREMELY weak to cold damage. If you use a well trained cu and mind blast spam the Vanguards do not last more than 5 minutes.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes lot lot more sense to me...Hey ive got a heaps....lucky i bought loads cheap form players...It would have made me heaps of points, BUT IT WAS VERY UNBALANCED!!!

My 40 swords or 40 shields for 1,000,000 points was plain silly!!!!

My 40 swords or 40 shields for 100,000 points makes more sense and levels the other stuff that are turninable!!!

Im happy.....

M

Moby Grape

Ok Devs, Lets show a little love here, to all of us that got boned in the Phase I turn in of these.

We all know you can figure out who turned in these during Phase I, lets give a little credit, where credit is due.

If you guys will not admit, that you can, at least break down the artie 12 list as to, not to reflect these at the 25K level.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the newer artifact 11 stuff like dragons end and sentinal shileds and katrinas crook do they count as artifact 11 for 10k points..they are clearly named as artifact 11s???

Anyone tried on test yet???

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Devs, Lets show a little love here, to all of us that got boned in the Phase I turn in of these.

We all know you can figure out who turned in these during Phase I, lets give a little credit, where credit is due.

If you guys will not admit, that you can, at least break down the artie 12 list as to, not to reflect these at the 25K level.
I'm quite certain they mean the ruined painting from doom. No one is going to turn in their ruined painting. So you can ignore that line in the listing. Present turn-in item points will stay the same (rubble, scythes, etc.).

L

Lord Drakelord

Are we able to turn Swords and shields in now On Origin? If so, where?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Onoe the soldier should accept them in the gatehouse at castle British.... please go test it for us, if the server is even up yet. :)

J

J0KING

Ouch is right... turned in about 25 vorpals and 25 staffs... *sighs*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You'll note that since these are IN ADDITION to the previous turn-ins, the old values for specific items will probably override points for their artifact level.

In other words, because item number such-and-such (specifically, the Pyros, the vorpal, etc.) is already coded at 2500, it will never check it for artifact 12 status - If for any reason, because it will hit the older entries in the decision tree first, pop out the 2500 point certificate, and never get to the phase two additions to the donation list.

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with the Mod above...

As a person who also turned in a crap load of lvl 12 artifacts (Pryros and such). It would be a devistaing blow, to find out they would now award 25k per each of the items, the same ones that I turned in for 2.5k(?).:gun:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll note that since these are IN ADDITION to the previous turn-ins, the old values for specific items will probably override points for their artifact level.

In other words, because item number such-and-such (specifically, the Pyros, the vorpal, etc.) is already coded at 2500, it will never check it for artifact 12 status - If for any reason, because it will hit the older entries in the decision tree first, pop out the 2500 point certificate, and never get to the phase two additions to the donation list.
The thing is the new artifact level turn in items are done on a different npc and not the one that originally took scyth, pyro staff, or vorpal blade. I guess it all depends on if they put the put the check on the new turnin npc.

Would be nice if the Draconi or Jeremy would give us a straight answer since it already went live on origin.....

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Folks!! Listen Up!!

It is my understanding that the Artifact 1-12 turn-ins are only for STEALABLES and Doom artifacts!! Therefore the point break down does not apply to Staff of Pyros, Vorpal Blades, or any Virtue Arties.

I make this assumption based this FoF question and answer:

"Why do Artifact Level 1 Doom stealables have the same point value as Artifact Level 10 Dark Father drops?"

This was a good point raised by our TC testers, and we've broken out the artifacts by level, instead. (You'll probably see the changes early next week.) Instead of all major artifacts giving 10,000 points, they'll vary by level from 200 points for the relatively common level 1 and 2 artifacts to 25,000 points for extremely rare level 12 artifacts. Major Tokuno artifacts will count as level 10 - 10,000 points - as well.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping that they may reward those of us that have been fighting back the invasion but i too feel 25k is too many but 10k sounds good.
on europa yesterday morning it was mad with loads of people but by the time i logged it was just me and lavender again

S

SilentFoxXy

Whilst not one to post rumours etc, there are obvioulsy a lot of things flying around at the moment, would be good if we could get definate clarification to these points.

Ive 'Heard' that the phrase Artifact level is the ' Roll Check' phrase, and as such I would assume the 'system' would have a bit of trouble differentiating between a level 11 artifact from the virtue/ 10th anni drops, a level 11 arti from doom, or a level 11 arti from tokuno.

Obvioulsy unless every single hand in item has been individually hard coded, one would be safe to assume that ALL level 'xx' artifacts are acceptable.

When the first news was published, I recall seeing many folk complain that 'Steals' were not on the list, then someone tried, and lo and behold found , at first, that a level 1 pile of old books was worth 10,000. (Hence the rapid changes)

In all 'Official' posts all I seem to read is the phrase ' High Level artifacts', and as the items which I refer to are all titled 'Artifact Level xx' it would stand to reason etc etc etc.

Surely a 'Artifact Level 11' is an Artifact level 11 regardless of where it was found, an antique painting from London and a ancient samurai sword from China, a broken bit of old pottery from Rome, or a Sarcophagus from Egypt are still 'Antique/ Rares' are they not??.

If they are not level 11 Artifacts, why are they called level 11 artifacts...

If a level 1 artifact pile of old books is hand in'able, surely a level 11 Shield, (which I might add, takes a hell of a lot of work to get to drop these days. Take it from someoone who uses Ogre Lords to train every character, for many many hours in Despise, and I seem to get a Virtue drop like once every 6 hrs nowadays remember, they said they would still drop, but the rate would get harder?)

I took my mage to doom, 3 hrs of Earth ellie and meteor on DF, And various other spells and invis, a bit of player healing, and I got 4 artifacts.

To those that state Level 11 Virtues are easy, go try it lovee.....

Until lovely lil Drac has refuted, I guess rumours will continue to seep in, and annoy/frighten/dissillusion/placate/cheer up/etc/etc.