• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tweak Requests & Suggestions

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be cool to have key exchange for the old peerless monsters and Exodus. Let it be maybe 2:1.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see something like a town quest. Maybe let the town kill a certain amount of monsters to make the city safer or craft a certain amount of items or whatever. It should be kinda huge depending of the population of the shards. Every citizen can help to fulfill the task. And when its done the city funds could get a good amount of gold.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to have some more ways to get rare ressources like Valorite ingots. For a full Bod for a Valorite Hammer you need about 5k Valorite. Even with Void pool its hard to get lots of it, if you want to do some of these. Maybe make it a Bod reward or a drop at Champ Bosses or any other Boss.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of bosses need an item upgrade. Most items are useless and the few useful ones drop in like 1 of 500 runs. Carybdis is one of the toughest bosses and even hard to summon and the rewards are kinda useless. Give it maybe all those rare drops like crimson, slither, lavaliere, etc. with a little higher chance. As additon perhaps a SoA for everyone on the attacker list.
Doom artifacts need an overhaul as well. There are only a few that are still useful. Some new ones would be cool or at least some useful exiting ones.
The shadow lords in Ararat also need some different loot. Besides the abhorrence artifact they are kinda useless for such bosses. Here also new useful artifacts would be cool or at least useful existing ones.
Void pool rewards are mostly for crafters. Some additions for everyone would be nice. This might attract more people to do it, cause it is a nice fight there.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like to see a slight change to how city loyalty titles are displayed.

My character Ivy has the highest city loyalty title you can get. When I display the title overhead it looks like this:

"Ivy Duchess of Vesper"

This looks like my character is named "Ivy Duchess". (And the Citizen family sure is extensive!) Either there should be a comma in there and the title look like this:

"Ivy, Duchess of Vesper"

OR I would prefer they display like this:

"Duchess Ivy of Vesper"

And governors should have an extra option:

"Governor Ivy of Vesper"

Last edited:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be helpful if quest items and/or runics + items for reforging dont have to be in the main bag to be used.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I love the high seas expansion and I still enjoy doing pirate hunts and fishing quests. I hope that there can be an update in the future to bump up the loot on pirate and merchant ships, and the turn in reward for the pirate quests. I generally spend more money attacking the ships then I get by looting them. I would also love to see bait and the fisherman's suit more useful.

It would be nice if there was a way to turn light grapeshot, light powder charges, light cannon balls, and light cannons into heavies. Almost no one uses them so an awesome idea would be for a tool and adding resources to upgrade them.

Last edited:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to have the possibility to drag as many healthbars as i want to be able to heal everyone. At least in CC client after you dragged one healthbar too many an other vanishes.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another little problem is that when someone joins a party, the healthbars of those already in party, move a little to the left. So you have to reorganize them. Would be cool if this didnt happen.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should be able to craft 10 items with 1 click. If you need a big stack of items, for example 5000 potions or hundreds of powder charges, etc. it takes pretty long to do so. If you got 100 uses on a smith hammer, it would be cool to use all of them with 10 swings. It would save a lot of time.

bmfrench

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever Since Bard Masteries were introduced I have been waiting for other skill masteries! I think every type of character should have one, Mule, Warrior, Mage, Tamer, Necro, Thief, etc. Having the Masteries adds another dynamic to the game without overpowing things to much AND having to meet a criteria before you can use them (Example 120 REAL SKILL music and 120 Peace/Provo/Disco). I do not have all of the ideas for each character type but I'd like to give some examples:

Animal Taming Mastery - Requires 120 Taming/Lore/Vet - Any damage the character does to the a mob, heals the pet for said damage?
Magery Mastery - Requires 120 Mage/Eval/Med - Ability to summon a 3rd EV after the first 2 have been casted?
Or an Elemental Mastery where the caster can choose an element (fire, cold, poison, energy) and have a small increase in SDI for spells of that element.
Thief Mastery - Requires 120 Steal/Stealth/Hiding - Have a chance to dodge a guard whack when stealing in towns?
Warrior Mastery - Requires 120 Wep skill/Tactics/Anat - Can use a "Warrior Recall Spell"?

All of these Masteries could function the same way as the Bard ones do; with a mana upkeep cost and/or be on a timer.

I do not have all of the answers and these are all just examples of some things I think could be possible. Not only does it add more to the game, but also requires REAL skill and the way things are going with the new loot system, people will be flocking to skill bonus jewelry to add more skills.

I would also love to hear some feedback on how other players/devs could see this being beneficial.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Simple request that I'd like to see added to the game. A 'mages staff' of sorts. For a long time I have wanted to have the slayer ability without having to always having to equip a spellbook. This is where an imbuer can come into play. Any melee weapon(no ranged weapons) would be imbued with the mage weapon,with negative to mage skill,spell channeling with negative to fc,and slayer of choice.To benefit from the slayer damage bonus,all three mods must be present on the weapon. Mage weapon,spell channeling,and slayer. Further imbuing to remove the fc penalty would take up an imbue slot naturally.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please add the ability to donate mysticism spellbooks (and reagents) at the Britain Library? You can donate magery spellbooks (and reagents) to the Wizard's Compendium Section Donation Representative and you can donate necro spellbooks (and reagents) to the Oil and Oubliette Section Donation Representative. However, there is no Donation Representative who appears to take mysticism spellbooks or reagents.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bod Book item count

Spell books, SoT books, SoA books, Seed Boxes, and Davies Lockers all take up 1 item count no matter how many items are inside them. BoD books are the only books that take up more than 1. It is very cumbersome and difficult to juggle BoD books while looking for the BoD you need, especially on a shard where you have no house. This discourages people from creating crafters on shards other than their main shard.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to see more of a balance between mystics and mages.

Mystics should not be able to fly and have a RC up at the same time (this would require flying to take up a control slot, which would also fix tamers being gargoyles).
No precasting another RC while one is currently 'alive'. I cannot precast two EVs (significantly lower power compared to RC) like they can hold a cast of a RC.
Spell plague NOT being a global effected spell. The caster of the spell plague only gets its benefits.
Mages need to have an equivalent spell to purge a target. Possibly dispel field? (open to suggestions).

Just to toss this idea out again...to get flamed...have magic resistance actually do something other than resisting poison/curse/lessen plague.
Example: GM resist makes your suits resists what they actually are, 110 makes your caps 72; 120 makes your suit max resists 75; having 0 resist (TONS OF TEMPLATES) 44 is your cap.
Require GM tinkering to trap boxes. If this change went in, you could ignore the suit resist changes that I have suggested.
Similar to the disarm buff, you cannot be chain-disarmed like you once could, have ALL specials have a cool down between uses.
There are templates designed around chaining certain special moves: mortal, wakasiski (spelling) force walk, and chain AI.
How about some finesse when slaying an opponent requiring more than one special move!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a craftable pet collar that you can then imbue just like a weapon or piece of armor. That way you could add a slayer property and a DCI or MR or any other property up to the imbuing weight limit.

Debatable whether you should have to axe it off like swampy armor or just swap it like any other weapon/armor piece.

New property for pet collars: "Telepathic Link" - If you have more than one pet fighting and they have this property, then they fight as if they had Pack Instinct, even if they are different types.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
1. Make runic hammers stackable, I have like 30 DC hammers and that means 30 spaces taken in my house in storage, Maybe make the hammers stackables to 1K ( Joining maybe 5 hammers or more together?)

2. Bring back the exact number for resources, I like the old way to know exactly how many gems/stones I had for crafting without having to drag the item to see the proper number, now it just shows 1k, between 1000 and 1999

3. A fix or check on Target closest enemy would be nice ( Already on another post on this matter)

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to have an option to clean a cluttered decks. At least when there are only empty player corpses on it.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Scabbards for melee weapons. They would take up the belt/apron slot or the cloak slot. They would work the same way as quivers with the added benefit of self repair 1,in place of lower ammo cost.

Galedriel613

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I recall onto my ship and then recall off, the "default" location on my rune books don't work. I have to remember that I've just come off of a ship and manually reset the default location each and every time. If I happen to forget, when I'm in trouble, I can't recall anywhere quickly - which typically means I die. sigh

Galedriel613

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Elwood McCarrin quest in new haven is a favorite quest of mine. It places those on the quest to travel all around Sosaria to do good deeds for its npc residents. And after doing this ten times your able to make a nice black deco statue. I like the longer quests and was wondering if the UO team had ever thought about a similar quest to Elwoods that would possibly give 'white statues' as opposed to the 'black statues'?
Maybe Elwoods sister... smiles.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thought which might possibly be to late to use was that cooks might be able to use some of the varieties of the new fish to make metalic dyes for armor or clothing.. but with the new 'free' dye tubs and 'reward' tubs for metalic this might not be possible now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And it would also be nice if they could lower the percentage of LRC to 60% max. to bring back the sale of regents to vendors in UO as well as bringing back NPC guilds as it was in the old days.. where belonging to a NPC mage guild allowed you a percentage off on their goods.
(just discovered that YOU CAN get discounts from NPCs if you do the Honesty virtue by turning in items to the 'lost and found boxes' located in the banks: discounts represent 10, 20, & 30% off npc bought items)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added idea: I was recently visiting Termurs fishing village and as i looked out over the docks i noticed that boats were not allowed. I said to myself perhaps this is a private lake but wouldn't it be nice if the owners rented boats and had a small tackle shop that would allow me to fish here.
Change some of the older NPC quests. It seems we have somehow overloaded the game with npc's looking to be transported to other cities. It would be nice to change those npcs to a random quest of sightseeing.. bringing them back pictures of monsters.. or bringing back (example: 30 reagents of something) or a tamed animal, bones, ore, leather.. This would allow new players to not only explore the land but also add to their skills and virtues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mining.. geez.. i love to mine but sometimes its kinda boring to find only ore, granite and gems. Although i'm still looking to mine that 1 in a 1000 miners backpack (hint hint) that has a special item inside to aide me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not being able to help myself. It seems in the game that alot of times the items that my particular craftsman needs can only be gotten by a powerful mage or fighter.. since my craftsman has no way to fight to get them, it demands my buying them outside that profession with another character. It would sure be nice if those items were more accessable to the professions they served and not only attainable by other professions. Cootoo's though for fishing and imbuing you did those right. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulletin boards... this ones personal but we need new artwork for bulletin boards for our houses.. new borders and exciting new designs and colors for us to leave messages for our friends and fellow players. And for those EM houses. (its really all for you not me) haha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colored Hedges.. would be nice if gardeners could get colored hedge seeds from the cactus bug or naturalist quests. Wouldn't it.. hehe (say- Yeah)
Thank You.. (the End!) haha
love yous,
jill​

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't let things in houses decay. I seem to lose rune books when I think I lock them in my front porch but later they are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would like to see a slight change to how city loyalty titles are displayed.

My character Ivy has the highest city loyalty title you can get. When I display the title overhead it looks like this:

"Ivy Duchess of Vesper"

This looks like my character is named "Ivy Duchess". (And the Citizen family sure is extensive!) Either there should be a comma in there and the title look like this:

"Ivy, Duchess of Vesper"

OR I would prefer they display like this:

"Duchess Ivy of Vesper"

And governors should have an extra option:

"Governor Ivy of Vesper"
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
If you open a corpse ad the body closes, you are not able to get the tag back on it, and need to manually click it, Can that be amended, so that all tags appear all the time, even the bodies you have checked?

Make runic hammers Stackable in uses, maybe same way as the new BS item but with runics? I did post this on another post, just reminder here

Fix the containers appearing behind each other when opened

Hope this helps

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've just come up with the idea of having a chest or a backpack as a vet reward or something that only the account owner of the item can open, basically an account bound bag that can only be opened by that account, it can then be shard transfered with friends or people you don't know that well without the worry of them stealing your items

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a new idea for armor sets (mondain's armor sets & event/cleanup sets). How about placing one piece of each set into the virtue dungeons as a random reward such as you get the virtue armor set. This will allow a dual purpose.. those collecting cleanup points can trade for all but one piece but also it add participation back into the dungeons of tram and fel. Also, i would suggest adding the cloak of humility (virtue armor piece) to the cleanup. Since your only allow 1 per character quest.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are my two posts from the thread on UHall "Small Improvements you would like to see in CC" regarding plants and seeds.

Ok, I'll start with one of my pet peeve's. This won't concern anyone who doesn't have a Seed Box, but I know that a LOT of people do (personally I have 3 on 2 shards).
The great thing about Seed Boxes is that they eliminate the silliness of having to use Poppy dust just to identify seeds. But it (unfortunately) makes up for that convenience with the very annoying way getting multiple seeds out of the Box is done. Please refer to my pic below where it's explained.

I have a 2nd pet peeve that goes along with my 1st (above). And yes, I know that I have a lot of beds and plants, but a lot of people do. And even if you only do a dozen plants at a time, it's still the mindless mouse clicking and the time involved that's very, very annoying. This is the kind of thing that keeps the 3rd party (illegal) apps alive... Kindly see my pic below:

For what it's worth, both of these posts received quite a few "likes" and favorable comments from others.
;)
How is this coming?

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Developers,
Might it be possible to add a bookshelf or new chest type to the game.. one that you can drop one each of a (blue, pink, and white) scroll book in as well as can hold 20 runes. When you click on the bookshelf or chest.. it opens a small menu listing your rune locations to click on one side and on the other side holds the books you can click to access. This way it kinda functions like a chest.. but has usefulness for books and runes. ps.. another option for its use might be bod books or deeds.

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Dear Developers,
Wanted to get this in before next year. Another idea:: PvP and guilds has had a rough time in the game.. and they're rascals at that. hehe. Here is a crazy odd thought i had. Could we return guild stones to the game and allow them to be hued based on alignment, guild karma/fame, VvV points, murder counts.. ect. I"m not totally sure what is possible in the game or if yous keep guild stats, but those could affect the hue of your guild stone and also open a menu similar to the taming menu but listing your guild stats instead. I know its a lot to ask.. but it might be something to look at if one of your goals is to bring back guilds and community to the game. Also, i might add.. if guild stones were to return.. could they be made where each guild member gets a personal one from his or her guild for their home and should they quit the guild it go's poof so that they are not used as collection pieces or statements but only as guild stones for active members.. possibly a guild must have a minimum number of people before they could form. Mainly ideas and thoughts to inspire and create discussion.

Konquer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They need to change alchemical devastation bracers to work while using a shield. Currently they only work while holding nothing or a spell book making them quite useless for any practical use in combat. A wrestle mage will choose a shield 9/10 times, as that is the primary benefit of being a wrestle mage is not getting your mage weapon disarmed.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to be able to be on more than 1 older type quest, like we can the newer quests.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like reagents, blank runes, and blank scrolls to have an unlimited supply on NPC vendors. It takes so long to get them stocked up to 999, and then you're in line with other people buying the stuff up.

Please make them unlimited on the vendors. Cap the max cost of each item at a reasonable amount; not exponentially.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you please give the contolled creatures in Trammel Despise the same follow AI as a horde minion? The terrain is so unfriendly to the current ai its only keeps people from enjoying the experience

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I having been trying to do Tmaps for the past month and sadly finding the location from the map to the actual location is very difficult for me. Any chance you would consider allowing us to click the map like "the new vendor location maps" and sending us right to the spot? I spend 3 times longer finding the spot to dig then enjoying the fight for the loot. If nothing can be done I'll just move on to something else but the concept is fun I just cant waste so much time clicl dig click dig over and over well you get the point