• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tweak Requests & Suggestions

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chaotic damage weapons are now most useless items in game because of random damage type.
How about if attacks with chaotic weapons have 50% chance to hit defenders weakest resistance? (50% of attacks should still be random).
%:s can also be something like 25/75 or 75/25 if 50/50 is over or under powered on tests.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How about making Soulstones turnable. This seems very easy to do imho and it would be wonderful to be able to have them facing a different direction. Just an art change really, but it's something that I would like to see.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to have treasure chests show up as dynamic objects so that they can be accessed when covered by dead guardian carcasses. Cnt/Sft will not show them even when dynamic object option is chosen. You have to wait for the dead guardians to time out and disappear.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Transdimensional Chest
New container similar to the Bag of Sending, except this item is a two-part item that are connected to eachother instead of to your bank.
  • Either bought through the online store, crafted or collected (though it should be through a quest)
  • Both items are normal containers until they are linked through a separate quest
  • Once linked, any item you put in either chest is seen in both chests
  • Chests can be placed anywhere and will function even if they are not in your pack
  • Weight/Item limits are the same as a normal chest, so if one is in your bank and the other locked down at your house... no weight restrictions.
  • Putting items into the chest cost one charge
  • Taking items out of the chest cost one charge
  • Chests can hold a total of 50 charges at a time
  • Chests may eventually become saturated and will no longer accept charges (bought ones should last 5x longer, though)

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The map has a marker on it representing your location. Over this marker is the word "you". Now when treasure hunting, trying to find the exact location, the word "you" interferes with your vision of the ground beneath it. We need a toggle to turn off the identifier so that we can more accurately pinpoint the location.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you wont have Turkeys this year.
And I ran out of feathers, would it be possible to add making feathers to alchemy/tinker skills.
Say 3 or 5 feathers plus invise potion, gives you same as turkey invs feathers.
Thanks..

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like this idea for the future place that mianx arties drop could hold :

Void pool would be a good place to drop these minax arties in the future. The more waves and far you reach in the void pool, the more chance the minax arties would drop, could be like 10% chance to drop for each 10 waves, so basically, if someone would reach waves number 100+, one mianx arty would certainly drop each wave among all attackers. It would absolutly repopulate the void pool which have almost been forgotten.

Examples [EDITED]:

Waves number 1-10 = 1% chance for minax arty for starting waves.
Waves 11-20 = 10% chance that one would drop in these waves.
Waves 21-30= 20%
Waves 31-40= 30%
Waves 41-50= 40%
Waves 51-60= 50%
Waves 101-110+, there will be 100% chance to drop one arty/wave among all attackers.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could we get additional armor type for the blackthorn artifacts rewards, for exemple the mace and shield is now avalaible in some plate helms which give 1% passive lower mana cost, but there are no bone helmet type.
I would like to see the night eyes and mace and shield lenses available as orc helm or bone helmet for the 3% lower mana cost passive.
Same with the other artifacts, at least add one armor type with the 3% passive lower mana cost (which are either bone, stone, orc helmet or hide armor )

Last edited:

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Can the EC be tweaked so that it won't drop the chat channel when one gates or recalls?

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love if you found it in your hearts to not make me lose 50% of all the impossible to find in the first place valorite ore when I smelt it. I don't lose frostwood when I make it boards or barbed when I cut it into leather please consider giving us smelter a way not to lose our ore after finding it. Even a way to boost mining talisman or powerscroll would be fantastic. Losing valorite and verite ore to ingots is so frustrating

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like playing in the revamped Despise for trammel is it possible to give the critters controlled the same ai as a summoned horde minion the current ai constantly gets stuck or lags significantly behind the controller

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are my two posts from the thread on UHall "Small Improvements you would like to see in CC" regarding plants and seeds.

Ok, I'll start with one of my pet peeve's. This won't concern anyone who doesn't have a Seed Box, but I know that a LOT of people do (personally I have 3 on 2 shards).
The great thing about Seed Boxes is that they eliminate the silliness of having to use Poppy dust just to identify seeds. But it (unfortunately) makes up for that convenience with the very annoying way getting multiple seeds out of the Box is done. Please refer to my pic below where it's explained.

I have a 2nd pet peeve that goes along with my 1st (above). And yes, I know that I have a lot of beds and plants, but a lot of people do. And even if you only do a dozen plants at a time, it's still the mindless mouse clicking and the time involved that's very, very annoying. This is the kind of thing that keeps the 3rd party (illegal) apps alive... Kindly see my pic below:

For what it's worth, both of these posts received quite a few "likes" and favorable comments from others.
;)

Last edited:

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My suggestion is similar to Sibbles : http://stratics.com/community/threads/tweak-requests-suggestions.298553/page-2#post-2284381

I miss seeing the night time colors - all my characters are either elves with night sight racial bonus or have items with the property. My suggestion is to have the night sight active only in dungeons, not it the upper-world of Sosaria. Dungeons are pitch black without night sight, but not so in the outdoors and homes, so we would still be able to see without night sight.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd love to see Void Pool points being account bound rather than character bound.
Some days I just want to whack big uglies there with my ax. Other days I want to burn them with magic. Others I feel like feeding them to my dragon...
But since points are character bound, that is far less than optimal to do. :(

Please make void pool points account bound, pretty pretty please with sugar on top.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Change the weight of relic frags, enchanted ess and residue to the same as gems.

Currently 100x of the imbuing materials is 100 stones and 100x of any gem is only 10 stones.

My crafter is getting back back ache.

Also boards to the same weight ratio as ingots would be nice.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the idea of having like 2 npc weavers stood around west britain bank that you could hire for use at a cost of like 50k or so ... so that low populated shards could still get a full focus even if they could only be hired once per account in a 24 hour period would still be better than waiting for an hour of so for 2 more people...

i hope you consider my idea and if you could post back on here what you think of my idea would be great

thanks in advance drewster

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are my two posts from the thread on UHall "Small Improvements you would like to see in CC" regarding plants and seeds.

I have a 2nd pet peeve that goes along with my 1st (above). And yes, I know that I have a lot of beds and plants, but a lot of people do. And even if you only do a dozen plants at a time, it's still the mindless mouse clicking and the time involved that's very, very annoying. This is the kind of thing that keeps the 3rd party (illegal) apps alive... Kindly see my pic below:

For what it's worth, both of these posts received quite a few "likes" and favorable comments from others.
;)
Please?

Lai Tash

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Obvious ones:
1. Reduce the fish pies ingredients prices on siege perilous
2. Reduce the saltpeter price on other shards

Herding:
1. Make sheep regrow their wool. Right now it's not working. I believe that's to stop people from flooding their houses with sheep, but i believe it could be fixed by making sheep only grow wool when herded/tamed or just be despawned when no one's around for a while.
2. Make herding affect the maximum number of herded creatures following a player, like 5 at 0 skill, 30 for GM.
3. Add herding quests. Like, bring x sheep (and maybe other animals) to y. A modest amount of gold, some begging rewards and enchanted bandaids maybe.
4. Make agressive creatures count herded animals as tamed ones, so they would attack them from time to time - that is to make that quests somewhat challenging.

Cooking:
1. Add the ability to add a message to a pan of cookies. Like, a cookie with message in it. You eat the cookie, you get the message, nothing unbalancing and all.
2. Cooking bods! No runic pans and all, just some cash, fame, loyalty. Maybe some rare ingredients. All items must always be exceptional, because almost all the food items are sold by NPC vendors now.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My aging memory sometimes fails me and I can spend days trying to find something hidden in one of my my homes. Could you please help by making a vet reward, or store bought item that is account bound and usable (blessed and unlimited use) only by the owner of the home or bank box, that locates items like vendor search works?

If what I was looking for was in my bank box, it might say, when queried, "Search *character's name on that account*'s bank vault!"
If it was in my house, could it give the exact coordinates, and maybe which floor too?
It should tell you if something was stashed in your home's moving crate.
An item on a mannequin would show it's coordinates within the house, and might reply, "check your dummy, dummy!"

Possible graphics for such a tool could be a genie lamp that when rubbed, brings up a gump; or for more interactive fun, a bloodhound that could sniff and lead you to your item. Strike that last thought..make it a black Labrador retriever that brings you the item! Such a toy certainly would save me countless hours of searching.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the Governors on Europa have been discussing ideas around the way City funding works, what can be done to make it more interesting for people, and how we could make it more 'interactive' for players, and (with some ideas first raised over in this thread http://stratics.com/community/threads/ideas-to-encourage-city-donations.305811/ ) are aiming at something like this ...

Inspired by the Faction vendors (and their likely demise before much longer when Factions are replaced), a town Governor could place vendors in a specified area of their town, to sell bulk raw materials, mystic/mage/necro reagents, consumables like bottles and such) - either we choose to stock them or they 'auto stock' based on the Faction models, whichever seems most practical to the Devs - which raise funds for the town to use. At the moment the main use seems to be funding the city trade deals, but there was mention of expansions to the Governor and town options in the past so it could easily link in to those as well, as they arrive. Money they raise does NOT go to the Governors directly , just to the funds for the City.

Ideally, longer term, we'd like to make some areas of towns into 'markets', with stalls for people to work from (as graphics, we'd not intend them to be 'rentable' stalls or any such complexity) , which would also be the perfect place for the town vendors - at least one town on Europa used to have general player-run market days, but those slipped away as numbers of players fell, we hope to get those markets, or similar, back if we can.

(I've posted this one over on UHall too so people can discuss it in more detail there, and simply 'like' it here if they agree with it).

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Permagrey for thieves. The way it used to be. Not only does it give players the feeling they have a chance to actually get their goods back from a thief...they will at least have some opportunity to kill the thief if they can.

As a thief for many years, I used to see how long I could stay permagrey. Nothing beat standing around the bank (just minding my own business) and getting attacked by someone I had stolen from the week before. It kept me on my toes. At the same time...being able to kill my character allowed me to erase the perma so I didn't have to worry about getting ganked at a time that I really didn't want to be...la

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I suggest one or more of the following:

a. Drastically reduce the year requirement on vet shard shields (and give current shield holders options to trade in shields for other rewards).
b. Drastically reduce the price of the one you can buy in the Origin store.
c. Make an in game quest to jump shards or even add it to the moongate system. (I'm thinking something tedious but doable like the Collector quest maybe.)

Basically, make it much easier for more players to participate.

Shard jumping has completely altered the UO economy and heavily concentrated wealth and the ability to make money into the hands of the oldest players who hoarded their vet rewards and the players who have tons of extra cash in real life and can pay $20 for a one-way hop. It has also seriously skewed both the population and the wealth of ALL servers to Atlantic, effectively ghettoizing nearly every other server. Sometimes at auctions and EM events it feels like my home server is nothing but a gold farm for wealthy Atlantic players, and that's just not right.

The ability to shard jump is a huge game-changer that has contributed to serious shard population and wealth imbalance. Newer and returning players can never catch up and participate in the larger economy. Ease the requirements and even up the playing field a bit.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Ability to move and sell tinkered golems from the advanced tinkering table to our pet shop in New Magincia.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A way to exchange Exodus Keys (Sometimes you get to many of one kind when hunting) (Altars and robes often) . Maybe a Ratio 3 to 1 or 4 to 1.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Market.

With Vendor Search coming It might be a good idea to place a market for each town (With a Governor).

On that market (20 Spots or so a town) you can place 1 vendor a account (And you need to be Citizen of that town.) A Small percentage of the sales of that vendor go to the City Treasury to be used to make Trade Deals. As a Governor it would be nice for Extra ways to fund our towns to make trade deals active. :)

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clockwork masters unite! I would love to see some modifications made to the clockwork pets to help their use to be more enjoyable.

1) Repair Interface - I have a system now with a macro that helps with this but the current way to repair a clockwork is very clunky. I would like to propose a "say" interface for repairing of clockwork pets. Saying "i wish to repair <name>" and it will cause the repair to happen if you have a tinker toolkit in your pack and the appropriate materials.

2) Repair timing - 30 seconds between repairs is a really long time. It is very difficult to keep clockwork pets alive if there is any kind of serious melee going on for the pet. I am all for repairing only being allowed via the tinker skill, but we need a functional time limit to allow us to have a better chance of keeping them alive when the poo hits the fan. Ideal would be a situation where the more tinker skill you have the shorter the cooldown timer is. GM tinker has a 5 second cooldown and no tinker skill is 30 seconds.

3) Legacy - It would be wonderful if the power crystal stored the skills of the clockwork and when used to create a new clockwork it would restore part of those skills to the new creation. Along with this, the pet would always drop their power crystal upon death. It would be pretty groovy if the crystal was automatically placed in the tinker's backback upon the pet's death but I think having to retrieve it is ok as long as the pet always drops it. Maybe you could insure the power crystal before the clockwork is made?

4) Source of the Power Crystal - Going along with #3 (and using the same system), it would be an interesting twist to gain some of the properties of the original clockwork that the power crystal was harvested from. This would add a strategic element to which clockworks you gather the crystals from. A crystal obtained from a higher-end clockwork would in-turn birth a more robust clockwork. Use of a high-end cystal in a clockwork scorpion would greatly fortify the scorpion (to a limit of course).

5) Crafting of a Power Crystal - Would be neat if a power crystal could be crafted with GM Tinkering and GM Magery. Maybe the materials used to craft it could go along with #3 and #4 and affect the quality of the crystal.

6) Crafting of a clockwork assembly - Would also be neat if a clockwork assembly could be crafted with GM Tinkering. It makes sense that a GM tinker should be able to figure out how to create an assembly.

I would be ecstatic if #1 and #2 were given some attention. Icing on the cake would be #3, #4, #5, and #6.

Thank you for listening and giving us a forum to allow us to post our ideas :)

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A suggestion that would benefit both chefs and gardeners:

Please consider adding BODs for chefs, along with a new recipe for escargot. Among the special BOD rewards could be a giant snail suitable for use as a garden decoration, which would also produce ingredients for the escargot recipe and perhaps a special new seed. I think this would be a nice addition to the game for both chefs and gardeners.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
EC user here, but I really, REALLY think that it would be nice if the CC had at least one auto dress button or macro that they could use.
It is such a wonderful thing on the EC and it is really unfair that the CC users need to rely on slow, third party software to have it.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a) Runic Mallets and Chisels need more charges, can they be increased or match the Smithing ones? barely get any reforge attempts for such a high demand resource requirement

Option b) A better way to get these.

c) Runic Binders -- to turn lower level into higher level; maybe a 10 to 1 ratio.

d) see a progress bar to our mallet ---- OR let there be a point system that we can save up to "buy" the mallet of our choice (my favorite option)

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like to see the loot differences between grouping and not grouping go away. Just make being in a group affect your loot, karma, and fame exactly as if you weren't in one.

For example, it's silly that people join a group to GO to Exodus, but once there everyone drops group to maximize their own chances. The group system (at least in classic client) has improved ways to track and heal the people you're playing with but the individual penalties for using it keep most people from using it for anything but accessing certain bosses.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to suggest if they could perhaps add to the soulstone fragments and soulstones a way to also put the chars stats for Str/Dex/Int. onto the stones?

Thanks
Devin Ashley

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Please add date of birth to pets when tamed.

Example: greater dragon (DOB 2/23/14) as a title option maybe?

I think this would be a great addition for tamers and folks who own pets.

Ps. Please update colors for greater dragons in EC client version.

Thank you!

*hopes somebody agrees*

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a vet reward or holiday gift please consider adding a crafting tool dispenser that can dispense 1 crafting tool per day. Allow us to choose the tool from a list.

I was working on legendarying a tailor and unknowingly used my last tinker kit to make some more sewing kits and once they where all gone I needed to make more sewing kits so I had to stop and make a trip to the tinker shop to buy another tinker tool.

:(

My character has GM tinkering but without at least one tinker tool she can't make more tinker tools to make more sewing kits.

Thanks!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please consider adding the ability to use a Commodity Deed to combine crafting tools that have the maximum 150 uses, so that they are all the same and will stack, and limited to 100 tools per deed maximum due to current container storage limit of 125.

Thanks!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish gates cast by players had a colored ring around the edge to alert us to what land lies on the other side.

Fel is a totally red gate, but maybe Malas gates could have one half white one half black colored ring around their edge ( white Luna chivalry/black Umbra Necromancy), Tokuno gates a green edge and Ter Mur gates a pink edge?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please consider fixing the Mouse Hole deed so the mouse hole can be placed next to a wall. I know it's not a biggie in the overall scheme of things but they are fun and it would make the secret rooms in keeps available. Now that we can deco castle courtyards maybe it's time to allow the keep secret rooms to be deco-able?

*corp por, corp por, corp por*

Oh wait... I'm suppose to say thank you!
:eek:

onion456

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i think communication could be improved. im finding it near impossible to find people of similar interest, without spamming general chat. (i met someone the other night, who seemed like someone i'd want to hang out with, similar playstyle as me... he had to log due to lag issues... i have no way of finding this person again except through luck of running into him again, or spamming general chat).

i recently came back to UO from Everquest, and the EQ chat system is very user friendly and effective.

private messages by typing /tell username hey whats up - that alone would be extremely helpful. allows for conversations outside of general chat for non guilded players.

typing /who username will search for players of that username, and will reply back with thier location (trammel, felucia, etc) or not online if not online. quick and easy way to tell if your friends are online.

friends list is also effective... add players to your friends list, then can view your list anytime and see who is online. essentially how the guild roster works, but customizable, add whoever you want.

onion456

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
being a new returnee, im not 100% sure about this, but are Mailboxes a vet reward only? they aughta be craftable! allow for more communication between players. i hate to think i will never be able to get a mailbox for my house because i missed the reward.

in addition, remove the requirement of having to be a friend of the house in order to deposit into the mailbox (or is that an option? i wanted to leave someone a message, but couldnt because i wasnt a friend of the house). sure you might get more 'junk mail', but youd also be able to leave messages to non friends, such as 'hey i noticed you are a blacksmith, would you mind putting a set of gold platemail on your vendor?' etc. =)

only way i could see this being a problem is if you made a 'special friend' who decided to fill your mailbox full of meat and orc helms... so.... put him on your ignore list, ppl on your ignore list may not leave mail. =)

onion456

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
was reading here on the forums and realized something...

when new players finally break down and ask for help with something in the chat system, chances are they are on the 'help' channel, as they probably havent even figured out how to change channels. Most established players are going to be on the 'general' channel, therefore unable to hear the new players' cries for help. what if... chat channels could be selected via an option box? so you could be listening on multiple channels? (EQ does work like this, btw). when you reply, and you hit '/' to toggle chat, it could also say what channel youre speaking it (i.e., hit /, the text says 'Chat:General - ), hit / again and it changes channels (Chat:Help - ) and so on.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a matter of fact, we culled that thread not long ago and ranked all the tweaks and suggestions by the number of "likes" each received. In future publishes we plan to implement some of them, please remember though that while something may seem "very very small" on the surface that may not be the case on the back end. Here were the top five...

1. Serpents pillar to Tokuno
2. 100% mining success at 105, increased rare gem spawn
3. Turn books into pulp
4. A mega dye tub to dye cloth and leather all available colors
5. Increased BoD UI function
Remember.. see something you like, make sure you "like it" -- that way it can get some attention.. might not change, but Devs to actually look at it.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Magincia Bazaar --- can we look into the fees? it's not cost effective to sell thru the broker system.. can we drop the weekly fee and just keep the 5% fee back and forth?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see Hirelings revamped to make them useful. Give us the ability to change out their equipment, allow us to view their stats/skills with something like a "Report" command, allow them to bond (and be resurrectable via Resurrection spell or bandages with Healing skill), and make them able to be lodged at Inns. Nothing overpowered, just something semi-useful for those that can't tame or summon their own pets/followers. There is a serious lack of minions that can be healed via the "Healing" skill, with the exception of humanoids charmed by SW's "Dryad Allure" spell.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hepler quest is overly complicated..

http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-e...he-royal-sea-part-1/exploring-the-deep-part-1

This is ridiculous to get content in the game. And then after that, I still have to get keys. If I want to bring a different character, I need to redo the quest?

no wonder noone knows much about this quest. This is content I won't get to enjoy..

Why can't we enter to gather keys for a fee? like Prism of Light, Chief, etc...

This is pretty dumb, why does it need to be complicated

Last edited by a moderator: