• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tweak Requests & Suggestions

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any chance you can put in an option to let us choose not to
let our characters turn white after casting Vampiric Embrace,
it looks so terrible and we put so much effort into making sure our
characters look just right.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can NPCs calling guards be toned down, if not turned off? It's absurd to get guard-whacked constantly on a one-stone item, despite having 120 skill.

We've been given things to steal in Felucca towns, and it's outrightly insulting to need 20 attempts, meaning 20 deaths, for a one-stone item because there are so many NPCs around. It's a waste of time to steal anything in the Skara and Vesper carpenter shops, even if using a second UO client to res the thief.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a shame I barely ever experience night time and get to see all the cool lightning UO has to offer. Almost every set of gear I have on all my toons, at least one piece has night sight on it. Instead of having to unequip gear, it would be really cool to have an option to disable night sight! =D

And while you're at it, how about an option to hide robe/cloak =D

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
See the resource related items here: http://www.uoguide.com/Covetous_Void_Pool_reward ?

They are nice, they are consumable, they are useful, their coding is done (<-- very important bit), but can take time to get. Time that many of us don't have or don't want to spend doing the Void Pool.
Make an store item that creates a token that allows us to pick one of them with 5 times more charges for the same price of the 5 charges forged metal of the artifacts, or one with 10 times more charges for the same price of the 10 charges forged metal of the artifacts.
Remove or increase the lifespan for those claimed from the token instead of from Vela.

Tada! Almost instantaneous new consumable at the origin store that is very likely to see many repeated sales.

Many of us have more money than time to invest in the game.
Please, take our money with stuff like this.

Last edited:

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arena:
Add peerless/champs (without loot) into the arena system. Players could organize their own pvm events/tournaments or simply test out templates and tactics on the different bosses.

Vet rewards:
Give us a way to reclaim vet reward choices by recycling rewards we've already claimed. As a personal example: I was only able to claim 4 transfer shields when my account came of age. Had I know what rewards were going to be available I would not of chosen earlier rewards. Reguardless of account age I'm sure others wished they had saved their reward picks as well.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ability to have a second person ride as a passenger on a mount.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to get more ingots from a successful smelt? Maybe tie the amount of ingots to your skill in mining.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we get a drop down menu when turning in BOD's so we can choose any reward up to and including the reward of the current BOD? for example the Exception 20 valorite helmet small BOD has a reward of a 115 ps, but lesser rewards such as copper or bronze runics we be better if you already are a 115 or higher smith.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please consider reworking smith bod rewards currently a 4 set ringmail bod is considered a less rewarding then a 3 set chainmail bod. When the AR system was used chainmail was a better armor now there is little difference between chain and ring armor, but 4 pc are more difficult to get then 3 pc.

Last edited:

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please increase the amount of Zoogi Fungus that drop on the Solens. Currently, 1-2 drop on Solen Workers, 3 drop on Solen Warriors (and Infiltrator counterparts), and 4 drop on Solen Queens (and Infiltrator counterparts). I'd like to see:

- 3 drop on Solen Workers
- 5 drop on Solen Warriors (and Infiltrator counterparts)
- 8 drop on Solen Queens (and Infiltrator counterparts)

There is a random increase to the drops: randomly, 13-14 drop on the Warriors and Queens. I'd like to see the increased random drop increased to 15 for Warrors, and 20 for Queens.

Thanks!

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
2 fixes... I have a higher fail rate on gold ore than anything else. I fail 2 to 3 times more on gold than Valorite. Also the smithing bod system is needing fixed badly.. out of 120 bods... 108 were weapon bods....

Also back to the mod who responded to me... they originally said that using the vendors as storage and not putting things for sale on them was an exploit... when did they change their mind?

T

Tazar

2 fixes... I have a higher fail rate on gold ore than anything else. I fail 2 to 3 times more on gold than Valorite. Also the smithing bod system is needing fixed badly.. out of 120 bods... 108 were weapon bods....

Also back to the mod who responded to me... they originally said that using the vendors as storage and not putting things for sale on them was an exploit... when did they change their mind?
Using vendors for storage is not allowed... except for Bods & Bod Books... It has always been that way.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
  1. Set a cap for LRC to 75% with a bonus for a pure mage (mage/med/eval/resist/inscription) that they will get a bonus of 5% on top of that for each skill that is at 100% or higher. (totaling 25% giving a pure mage a 100% LRC bonus with gear)
  2. Add an option for Self Repair that caps at 1 for Imbuing (c'mon!)
  3. Set a timer of 10 minutes max for dropped books. I really hate having to see so many goldfarmers advertise for free in the game.
  4. Add a few quests in New Haven after players have trained to send them into the New Haven Mines. And on that point, rebuild the New Haven mines so that they make some more sense. There's no story to it, just another place to train.

CaptainLu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is for small suggestions? Ok heres one...Give me an option to lock my mount. Basically I will never ever ever be interested in dismounting while I am fighting things so if you could just go ahead and give me an option to ignore any stray clicks to my mount that would be great. Add a context menu option for dismount or whatever.

Biggest deal in the world it is not, but I occasionally need to get some fast clicks in the battle zone and it really serves no purpose to have me dismount my horse in those circumstances as I will never intend on doing that and dont want to accidentally kill the thing trying to remount it in the heat of battle. :)

Last edited:

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our fine Sosarian tailors and smiths can turn human armor into gargoyle wear, so it should have been long enough time for them to learn to "let out" elven clothing just enough for a human to squeeze into it. It's technically in the code already, available only to factions players via morph earrings. It just doesn't make sense that the rest of the world doesn't know how to do this by now.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Either change Hail Storm to be a single target spell, or make it behave like the Meteor Strike and the Chain Lightning magery spells, that when used against a group of enemies, doubles their base damage and then split it between the targets.
Currently, it splits the single target damage when used against a group of enemies, making it far less useful than the mentioned magery spells.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay, for new patch notes (Publish 83) when logging into classic client. But...need updated links to a working billing system and purchasing that communicates with EA, Origin, AND Mythic please. There are still broken links to my.uo.com which results in:

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Recommended Click here to close this webpage.
Not recommended Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

...and clicking on the Buy Now! Ultima Online High Seas icon for
http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/pr...5DD9-CB39-4456-B99A-4EC67DBAB777}&PromoID=996

ends up as: Page not found. The requested page "/node/253" could not be found.

Navigating the billing system is incredibly difficult and frustrating. In the last few months, I've been sold by the Origin store, a previously purchased and used code for the King's Collection (isn't duping illegal?). It took hours to rectify! To make things even more exasperating, The billing system crashed over a weekend and decided to bill me and send me an email saying erroneously that my credit card, (the same one for almost 16 years) was declined! Another stressful half a day was spent fixing that mess up! I've read on UHall people still having unresolved issues like no codes in emails for purchases, still borked code sequences being issued by Origin, and absolutely no email notifications of accounts missing (or in need of updated) billing information.

For everyone's peace of mind, wouldn't fixing this antiquated potholed system be beneficial to users and EA Mythic?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Now there is no difference between melee weapon skills (swordsmanship, mace fighting, fencing). And there is no difference between weapons (for example, 3.00s mace is the same as 3.00s sword). So people choose weapon skill based only on available special moves. As a result you forced to take Swordsmanship for PvM (more various special moves available) and for PvP you can choose between Swordsmanship and Fencing. Gargoyles can choose Mace Fighting only and use Disc Mace only so very few people play with melee Gargoyles.

Prices for 120 PS say better than words:
mace fighting 50,000
fencing 750,000
sword 6,500,000

Can you make melee skils or/and melee weapons different from each other?

For example:
Mace weapons has a chance to reduce target's stamina. The chance is based on highest of Healing/Parry
Fencing weapons has a chance to reduce target's mana (or paralyze for 0.1s interrupting spells). The chance is based on highest of Spirit Speak/Focus.
DI bonus for axes from Lumberjacking increased to skill/2 + 5 for GM (55% at GM). So you can take Lumberjacking instead of Anatomy.
Swords (Swordsmanship bladed weapon) get the same bonus from Mining (55% at GM).
Polearms (Swordsmanship only) get skill/3 + 5 (45 at GM) bonus from Archery/Throwing.

Skill that gives bonus may differ but they:
- must not be skills that used in all templates (like tactics)
- must be skills that used in some melee fighter templates (not like camping or eval int)
- only highest skill is taken in account (like focus/imbue for mysticism)

You can take other numbers or other bonuses but please make them different from each other (like it was 15 years ago).

Another example:
Now any 2.75s 1H weapon has 11-15 damage.
Make sword do 8-18 damage, fencing 13-13 damage, mace 11-15 damage.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Change special moves on Gnarled Staff to Armor Ignore and Double Strike (like katana has). May be then people start to use mace fighting.

I rather like that, and being two-handed would be the penalty for stamina reduction.

Has anyone tested mace weapons' stamina damage against non-med armor? As far as I know, the protection is only against hp damage resulting in stamina loss.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a VETERAN reward for those who have had accounts for 10+ years, a Guild Quest NPC that can be controlled by a Guild Leader. Basically a glorified barkeep that doesn't count towards vendor limits.

You would be able to originate quests from a LIST of "new" guild quests that you guys create. Something like:

- "Gathering": Gather 100,000 ingots.
- "Missing in Action": Find "NPC" in the depths of a dungeon, retrieve "so and so" item and return it as proof.
- "Kill": Kill 700 ogre lords.

Etc. etc.

The quests would yield a certain type of "Guild Currency" that the Guild Leader could spend to give their guild boosts for their guild members. Like a +5% skill gain bonuses for crafting skills or a +1% increase in artifact drop chance or a +1% to resists... and so on; bonuses would last 3 days. Quests would also have a time limit of say 3 days, and if you don't finish an active quest you have to pay X amount of "Guild Currency" as a penalty. You can choose not to get a NEW quest and not be penalized, but stored currency should also decay over time.

This would allow guilds a chance to provide something unique about their guilds.

~ Sue.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we have an drop down option on our mining tools (shovel and picks) to not get blackrock. The graphic is so small and annoying to remove from a backpack,
I'd prefer if when I clicked on something like Gems I get Gems... When I want to mine Ore I get Ore and when I need Stone I get STONE..... I'm soooo tired of having to mine for hours and hours and hours to get enough stone to make a table and chairs. Trying to get a particular color is like having your fingers slowly filed to tiny nubs...

Either that or now we have Tree Stumps for wood, Ore Carts for Gems and Ore and Sheep that give cloth and leather..... can I PLEASE get some sort of thing that will give me High Quality Granite. Also we need to be able to craft more things with stone... A stone Bench.... would be AWESOME! Counter tops. Just a 1x1 stone slab... so I don't have to break 400 stone tables.... We can shape our hedge into goblins and llama's but I want to shape stone into more things... Pillars, blocks, steps, columns, tablet (somewhat like a headstone only engravable)... etc...

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think that the game should include Patches. I don't mean game updates, I mean adding patches to stuff. I'm going to use a few examples so you guys can see where I'm coming from.

Right now, there is one wear location for "Sashes" which consists of everything that goes over your armor (Body Sashes, Doublets, Formal Shirts, Full Aprons, Gargish Sashes, Jester Suits, Jin-Baori, Surcoats, and Tunics) and aside from a few "Friends of the Library" type things, none of them give any benefits except for sashes.

My suggestion is for a GM Tailor (50% success at 100, 70% chance at 120, etc) to be able to cut the Body Sashes, like Corgul's Enchanted Sash into a patch that can go on any of the other above items (including the Gargish). Now the CES has two properties on it; Stamina 1 and DCI 5. Creating a patch would make a patch with either one or both (or in the case of larger items, all) of the properties based on the percentage chances mentioned above. (note, if an expansion is required, the expansion note will transfer onto the created patch)

Patching would work like this (at 100/120% Tailoring)
50/40% chance that the item is destroyed without creating a patch.
50/60% chance of successfully transferring one property onto a patch, the original item is destroyed.
25/30% chance of successfully transferring two properties onto a patch, the original item is destroyed.
12.5/15% chance of successfully transferring three properties onto a patch, the original item is destroyed.
6.25/7.5% chance of successfully transferring four properties onto a patch, the original item is destroyed.
3.125/3.25% chance of successfully transferring five properties onto a patch, the original item is destroyed.

Now, once you have the patch, you simply double-click it and then target the new item you want to have the mods applied to and the patch is sewn on and the mods are transferred with it. Items that already have mods on them cannot accept new patches.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest a new artifact mod. It would duplicate the mining bonus to treasure hunting, allowing a wider radius when digging up chests. The mod could, for example, be put on a pair of "Treasure hunting Boots". This artifact would allow treasure hunters to free up 100 skill points that are carried in mining just to increase the detection window to three tiles. The mod idea could be expanded in the future to include boots that make you more resistant to passive reveal and etc. But for the purpose of this suggestion.... "Boots of Treasure Hunting" is my idea.

CaptainLu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
[Item Suggestion]

I like that the Quiver of Infinity allows me as an archer to res and get back in the battle the same as the other skill sets. I am wondering if extending the option to bandages would not also be helpful in some limited fashion. I envision an item [First Aid Kit]. Its rarity should of course reflect the needs of gameplay balance , I have no real preference on how an item should be made available , just that it should be a possibility to attain. I do not feel it even needs to be too excessive. I would say it could be a blessed satchel that could could maybe 50 bandages. Or alternatlely it could be allowed to hold bandages, potions (heal/cure), petals, and maybe healing related reagents and then just be limited by total weight.

The LRC skillsets have some options upon rezzing, the chiv heal is ok, but I am just wondering if thats a considerable idea. I sure would find it a handy item just so I could have a few bandage heals on my way back to my corpse.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we get a temporary lockdown tool that allows to decorate cities and towns for an extended period of time, like 24 hrs? Since EM's can no longer help to support player-ran events in that fashion, it would be nice to have that option for say $19.99 from the Origin store. Was also thinking of adding some "temporary barkeep deeds" that allow barkeeps to be placed in cities and towns for 24 hrs as well for say $12.99. Of course make these be cash items so folks do not readily abuse them. I know I would pay for things like that.

In addition I think that you should also extend the "personal attendant" to stay and greet guest at any location the owner sees fit.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can books that are not locked down be set to disappear in 10 minutes? We have a litterbug problem.
Without a good in-game information distribution method, some players use this to advertise their events, which I think is perfectly fine (and yes, I do it myself!).

The problem is gold sellers. Because of gold sellers I have to use red leaves on every book I leave out or they just come by and write over my event announcements. There have been a couple times when I did it right back to them, but they are super persistent and seem to come by at least once every hour or two. Maybe make is so books that haven't been sealed with red leaves decay really fast... though I imagine they'd adapt to that pretty quickly too.

If there was a better in-game way to get the word out about player events, I'd be all for decaying books quickly. As it stands now, I seem to get more response for player events from putting books out than from any other single method of information distribution.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How about a VETERAN reward for those who have had accounts for 10+ years, a Guild Quest NPC that can be controlled by a Guild Leader. Basically a glorified barkeep that doesn't count towards vendor limits.

You would be able to originate quests from a LIST of "new" guild quests that you guys create. Something like:

- "Gathering": Gather 100,000 ingots.
- "Missing in Action": Find "NPC" in the depths of a dungeon, retrieve "so and so" item and return it as proof.
- "Kill": Kill 700 ogre lords.

Etc. etc.

The quests would yield a certain type of "Guild Currency" that the Guild Leader could spend to give their guild boosts for their guild members. Like a +5% skill gain bonuses for crafting skills or a +1% increase in artifact drop chance or a +1% to resists... and so on; bonuses would last 3 days. Quests would also have a time limit of say 3 days, and if you don't finish an active quest you have to pay X amount of "Guild Currency" as a penalty. You can choose not to get a NEW quest and not be penalized, but stored currency should also decay over time.

This would allow guilds a chance to provide something unique about their guilds.

~ Sue.
Something like this would be a great addition to the governor system as well.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without a good in-game information distribution method, some players use this to advertise their events, which I think is perfectly fine (and yes, I do it myself!).

The problem is gold sellers. Because of gold sellers I have to use red leaves on every book I leave out or they just come by and write over my event announcements. There have been a couple times when I did it right back to them, but they are super persistent and seem to come by at least once every hour or two. Maybe make is so books that haven't been sealed with red leaves decay really fast... though I imagine they'd adapt to that pretty quickly too.

If there was a better in-game way to get the word out about player events, I'd be all for decaying books quickly. As it stands now, I seem to get more response for player events from putting books out than from any other single method of information distribution.
Origin can fix gold sellers by selling it themselves out of the Origin store. Period.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something like this would be a great addition to the governor system as well.
Right, it would be good to have this for the towns as well.

I personally would like it for guilds with VETERAN leaders though. I would let the older guilds have a sense of status and it would help recruitment.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actual Horse Barding

I think it would be awesome if we could make it so that we can craft armor for our horses so that we aren't always riding bareback. I know there is the Charger of the Fallen... but isn't that supposed to be some sort of an undead horse? My character isn't someone who would ride around on an undead hunk of flesh, he's a noble knight who rides his trusty steed... but he's still riding bareback.

I guess this suggestion comes in two parts. First, it would be nice if mounts could get barding, but also, make it so that horses can have a basic addition that adds a saddle and a bit of tack to them.

Those Swamp Dragons got barding, why not my horse?

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
New SMALLER Super-Pet

Whenever I participate in an event I always have to wade through the 10-20 Greater Dragons that people drag along (More Pet Eaters, please!) so that I can find the enemy, and then I'm just hoping that I can stay somewhat near the baddy so I can keep whacking at him with my sword.

My suggestion is that we create a NEW pet that's also awesome, perhaps a two-headed dog or something that looks cool, while being only about knee-high. That way people who don't have pets can still target the baddies and can stay in the fights.

OR! Make it so that we can choose to hide other people's pets. That would also be freaking rad.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Origin can fix gold sellers by selling it themselves out of the Origin store. Period.
Ive thought about this. It would get extremely complicated tho.
--- Where are they going to get the gold? Now if there Was a reliable way for players to sell their gold to Origin at a cut rate, and origin sold it back to players who needed gold, and the rates were competive. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
as it is, players will have to be satisfied for now with buying items, then selling them for gold.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Item Suggestion]

I like that the Quiver of Infinity allows me as an archer to res and get back in the battle the same as the other skill sets. I am wondering if extending the option to bandages would not also be helpful in some limited fashion. I envision an item [First Aid Kit]. Its rarity should of course reflect the needs of gameplay balance , I have no real preference on how an item should be made available , just that it should be a possibility to attain. I do not feel it even needs to be too excessive. I would say it could be a blessed satchel that could could maybe 50 bandages. Or alternatlely it could be allowed to hold bandages, potions (heal/cure), petals, and maybe healing related reagents and then just be limited by total weight.

The LRC skillsets have some options upon rezzing, the chiv heal is ok, but I am just wondering if thats a considerable idea. I sure would find it a handy item just so I could have a few bandage heals on my way back to my corpse.
Talisam of clean bandage summoning. its the best thing right now - gives you like 10 clean bandages. can get you back to your corpse, or rez a pet if you die.

That being said id love an item like this and would pay probably like 100mil for one. There would be arguements tho, like pots and bandages are one of the only reasons not to die in pvp (because its a pain to restock your pack)

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ive thought about this. It would get extremely complicated tho.
--- Where are they going to get the gold? Now if there Was a reliable way for players to sell their gold to Origin at a cut rate, and origin sold it back to players who needed gold, and the rates were competive. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
as it is, players will have to be satisfied for now with buying items, then selling them for gold.
If you think about it, they already do. For $10 you can get a 10 charge Forged Metal Of Artifacts that gurantees Enhancing items. Checking online, I can see that those items sell for roughly 35m Gold each. That means that if you have a bit of patience, you can buy gold from the UO Store (and posting it on a vendor) for just about $.30/mil. That's significantly better than 90% of the gold farmer stores out there, and that's just one item.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you think about it, they already do. For $10 you can get a 10 charge Forged Metal Of Artifacts that gurantees Enhancing items. Checking online, I can see that those items sell for roughly 35m Gold each. That means that if you have a bit of patience, you can buy gold from the UO Store (and posting it on a vendor) for just about $.30/mil. That's significantly better than 90% of the gold farmer stores out there, and that's just one item.
yes, but what i was getting at is origin cant just create gold. inflation would be out of control. the tools and stuff are worth gold, while they dont add actual gold to the game.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's so true. I didn't think about that in that way. So why wouldn't they just go ahead and sell the gold itself?

In my ode to the return of Arsenio Hall, "Things that make you say Hrmmmmm"!

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing gains?
Stealing from monsters and exodus zealots is lots of fun, but I wish you could gain skill while doing it.
My thief is currently at 110.3 real, I'd love to be able to gain while doing something interesting rather than standing around in buccs den stealing junk from a bag at my feet.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we possibly change the weight of CHAIRS?!?! Makes no sense that tables weigh 1 stone but chairs weigh 20 stones.... I consistently hold events and such and its such a pain in the arse to always be overloaded because of chairs. :(