• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

True Britannians in control of towns.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, this is a genuine question of interest...

If you "get it" and you don't like it, and you don't like the way we restrict posts and it is so much better on that other forum.... why are you still posting here?

I truly do not mean that in a negative way. I just want to know what still draws all of you back to UOStratics if we are all so terrible.

Call it a customer service survey if you like.
To grief where the ROC permits, and free advertising. (see below)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done last nite, Poof and the rest of SL! From the thieves we sent in to check out your defense, very nice!
We pushed a few times, but were outnumbered and out gunned. Congrats on seeing you corrupt 4 of the sigils last nite.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly I missed a fair amount of the SL attempts and when I did get part way in my client crashed... ROFL.... not to mention that UOA didn't work AT ALL and I was too lazy to change my keys to UO and I had no way to heal or cure... ROFL

Thanks POOF for being so much fun to play against (and with... we enjoy the down moments when you all will just talk with our ghosts, etc) and congrats on the improvement you are showing. You are gonna make us get ourselves organized again!!

B

Baskum

Out of curiosity is the Factions event still going? What I mean is it still possible to get the spawn out in the cities on the Tram side? I haven't seen anything since the end of December or so.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity is the Factions event still going? What I mean is it still possible to get the spawn out in the cities on the Tram side? I haven't seen anything since the end of December or so.
Yes it is, the reason they were not spawning is because COM or TB were holding the sigils for so long. Once and a while a sigil or two would go neutral then corrupt to Shadow lord and thence the Event in Tram side. That was EA's intervention to get the event to spawn at least once a week.

The last couple of days, Shadow Lords have been corrupting the sigils for the most part by theirselves, but EA has helped a bit along the way. I know this morning the event monsters were in Brit.

I will try and post what towns ShadowLords have corrupted so you all will know.

Good Job again SL! corrupting 5 sigils with one going netural.

R

RichDC

So are there any minax that actually play any more???or am i just a solo thief???

I

Insta

Lynk, this is a genuine question of interest...

If you "get it" and you don't like it, and you don't like the way we restrict posts and it is so much better on that other forum.... why are you still posting here?

I truly do not mean that in a negative way. I just want to know what still draws all of you back to UOStratics if we are all so terrible.

Call it a customer service survey if you like.
If it were me, I would have stated I post here about the cheaters from time to time in hopes that EA would read these boards and decide to investigate the game they have failed to police.

My question to watchertoo... Do you actually play UO? If you do... Do you actually play on the fel/pvp side of it? It's not hard to see that there is nothing being done about anyone that cheats. Some old vets are tired of seeing the game we love to play go down to a wash bucket of cheaters! UO is the only thing I have seen sinking faster than the economy

P

Piehunter

If it were me, I would have stated I post here about the cheaters from time to time in hopes that EA would read these boards and decide to investigate the game they have failed to police.

My question to watchertoo... Do you actually play UO? If you do... Do you actually play on the fel/pvp side of it? It's not hard to see that there is nothing being done about anyone that cheats. Some old vets are tired of seeing the game we love to play go down to a wash bucket of cheaters! UO is the only thing I have seen sinking faster than the economy
Only thing they watch is the bank traffic in Luna.

I

Insta

Only thing they watch is the bank traffic in Luna.
Yeah, you are most likely right. It's kind of a sad situation... Always wondering what the pissing and moaning is all about, but yet not in the least willing to find out for themselves.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, you are most likely right. It's kind of a sad situation... Always wondering what the pissing and moaning is all about, but yet not in the least willing to find out for themselves.

I bet they are more active in factions, then you will ever be Insta. :D

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ROFL .... OUCH! Old "granny" types shouldn't be doing that ;) ... nah, never heard of this new fangled UO thing .... Fel? PvP?

*slips off to steal the sigs out from under some unsuspecting opposing faction*

*looks at Arabella, Nonel, Michel and the rest of the TB*

So, what do you think? Can what I do be called playing UO in the Fel/PvP world?

As for posting about issues. You can post about issues without calling people cheaters and using language that merely discredits your maturity and intellegience. A well worded post on UOStratics, maturely worded, professionally supported with documentation without just yelling "so and so runs cheats"... "that guild all runs XXXX" ... will be read and considered long before and after the swearing, slandering posts are dismissed by the EA staff. And, if you think they are going to go to the other forum and read through all that verbal abuse ... I feel you are mistaken. All you are doing is diminishing your credibility in the eyes of EA. That is entirely my opinion.... but what do I know... I don't even play this thing called, what was it again... USO, UFO.....no, wait.... UO..... darn old granny memory playing tricks on me again ;)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but what do I know...
Nothing Tinkz, but thanks for asking.

If you think EA cares about what any of you think aside from the trammies on Uhall complaining about chocolate not stacking then you are just an idiot.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratz Lynk... you finally made the connection... noticed you visited my profile quite a while back ...

As for the rest of your post ... you are entitled to your opinions and I encourage them!!!!! As long as they conform to the ROC and human decency.

R

RichDC

Were around mostly play at night.
Damn shame...your night is my morning lol

U.K time +6 central!

Oh well i guess ill just have to devise a tactic of defending them solo, i have a few ideas!!

I

Insta

I bet they are more active in factions, then you will ever be Insta. :D
How much are you willing to bet? I am pretty active in factions. Right now I have two characters in SO? Shadow of Death, and A Frightend Noob. I've been a part of both raids and guarding (not sure why I bothered guarding tho, becuase 90% of it was boring)

Tinkz got to see me a couple times while trying to stealth into the base last night (she was a bit quick on the recall tho). Actually I think I got you once. Not to mention the couple TB players that are using the exploit to get to the sig room.

The only way I could be more active in Factions is to either quit my job, or stop having a social life IRL. Mabey they are as active in factions as I am but to say "they are more active that I will ever be", is a bit foolish.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's Arabella, all of her posts are foolish.
LOL to funny Lynk! But thanks for all the points I have gotten with my Greater the last few days....pretty good for someone that suxs at pvp! :bowdown:

Psst Insta, my post was about that watchertoo and tinkz is the same person, and I know she plays alots. As far as getting me probably you did, I do die alot :).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL to funny Lynk! But thanks for all the points I have gotten with my Greater the last few days....pretty good for someone that suxs at pvp! :bowdown:

Psst Insta, my post was about that watchertoo and tinkz is the same person, and I know she plays alots. As far as getting me probably you did, I do die alot :).
Hmmm you *may* have gotten the kill shot as I dropped Vermillion in front of about 10 of you, only to have 3 greater dragons attack me AFTER your guildie dies. Boy would I be frustrated if I ran to a group of 10 guild mates and not one of them healed me.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm you *may* have gotten the kill shot as I dropped Vermillion in front of about 10 of you, only to have 3 greater dragons attack me AFTER your guildie dies. Boy would I be frustrated if I ran to a group of 10 guild mates and not one of them healed me.
Yes it does get very frustrating, that i will admit.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah, Lynk, I doubt he'd be frustrated. What about TB shows that we have organization and cross-healing capabilities? :p

X

Xukluk

keke,

I only really read the first post. The one with the repeating of "points don't matter". Which I take to mean "Yea yea, you dust us in the field but we have towns?" It's never been Hard to hold TB base, and if towns are only kept for 6hrs? I think I read somewhere then I wouldn't bother stealing them either. I'd go to just kill.

When did they lower it again anyhow?

~ Lanto Malint ~ ~Tax, J^W, KtSo.

p.s. Bthkiller RAWR lol. You're still at it?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sighs* Yes Nonel some days we do very well and others we don't.

If you combine the total points of TB we are winning the factions point system as it is now and still owning the towns, not to bad for an unorganized bunch of TB.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TB base is easy? ....Compared to what? CoM?

Fact is, the bases all had their disadvantages and advantages before the recent changes, and they were relatively balanced. Now, theyre ****ed.

Lets look at current pros and cons of each base.

SL: The whole base is a choke point...one really really long one, with 1-tile chokes, and multi-levels. With the current snow on the ground, even their staircases are only 1-tile wide. Detectors can hide in the sig room and passively reveal any stealther 2 levels lower. The cons? The e-field trick works in there. Easy to defend against, but most dont know how.

CoM: ....this base is just ****ed. Lol. Forget it, theres no real pros to this base. Hardest to defend by far.

Minax: The entire mountain pass is one long choke point, quite often only 2-tiles wide. Even if you push past the choke, you have an alamo-style base to try to push into. The cons? Not much, anymore.

TB: The pros here...ummmm... *thinks for a bit* The stable? Out of the whole base there is only one spot to hold a choke. The cons? The portcullis (though more ignorant ****s try to think it helps TB, it really hurts it if the raiders have an IQ higher than a pencil). The size of the base. You can hide an entire army within it. If a thief gets your sig, he has that whole huge base to evade the defenders. If a couple people manage to push through the bridge defense, they also have this city-sized base to run through, doing as they wish.

From easiest to defend to hardest:
SL/Minax relatively even. They both hold huge chokes, and until the e-field exploit is fixed SL will always have that small handicap.

TB

CoM

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TB actually has an advantage in the 2nd choke point from the bridge.

If you stand below the stairs you cannot cast fields onto the first 2 tile rows on top of the landing in front of the door. You have to be up top to do it. But if you are up top you get efielded in and eaten by your dragons.

Because you can't cast your own fields to block the defensive E-field trap, it's at a huge advantage.

S

Saleena

Also with being in TB you have the advanage of using guards in britt.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lynk, granted.

Saleena, the other factions can use guards too if they take the town.

B

Barbosa

Hola Bean Burritos... Anyone ever notice how much smack talk everyone consists of? Great to see a cool down recently tho :) Also, Stratics lost all of its info about a year ago, anyone wonder why it took so long for it to try and come back? Never did actually, they accadently deleted it and waited so long it didn't matter if it came back, the posts were too old to be in the forums. :/

Anyways Hi! TB FTW lol

R

RichDC

Lynk, granted.

Apart from COM i dont think any of the other bases fall within town limits, as such cannot use guard.

S

Saleena

Lynk, granted.

Not at our base while guarding....Which was my point of saying tb can use guards to their advantage.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, but they can be used to a small advantage in the form of raiding. Helps you control the front of our base, severely hampering supply movement or potential flanking moves.

Regardless, guards are crap. When they're free-running, they suck. When they're turreted a conflag and a few explodes drops them like a roach being sprayed with Raid.

Your base doesn't need guards. It's easy enough. ;)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TB is still controlling the towns, some days SL get them corrupted but for the most part, we continue to own them.

Over the past few weeks, while we have been defending our base, there have been huge battles out front and in town. UOD, 2.0, Poof and others have made it alot of fun. Then throw the BC and XV/DC coming to town on nonfaction players Brit has been a busy town.

Thanks for all the fun guys, but it looks like the 10 hour guards may be coming back soon, Thank Goodness!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see Minax back in full force, was alot of fun even though at the very end there was only a few TB left to fight. Congrats on corrupting the sigils last nite.

I see, that Tinkz and I will have to sharpen up our sneaky granny thieves skills again, we haven't had to much of a challenge the last several months :).

S

Saleena

It was fun last night! We got more action later in the evening from some UZI and G^F, Even seen Denin on. I think we fough well into 2am, Good fights good fun:D

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I even had brought cakes, cookies and pies, but really Saleena, they didn't appreciate them.

Yes Lore is back now, we missed him alot.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night's raid was fun too.. unfortunately DINK kept coming and disrupting our Raid as soon as we were about to break into the castle.

After we whiped the floor with them we managed to fully push through but a few of the sigs had already corrupted.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea that was fun, except for the part i got eaten by a dragon lol.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea that was fun, except for the part i got eaten by a dragon lol.
But that was one of the highlights!

Their drags got me a couple times too, I kept havin to switch between accounts/characters. Felt like a waste of time spending an hour getting all of them out of stat.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that was one of the highlights!

Their drags got me a couple times too, I kept havin to switch between accounts/characters. Felt like a waste of time spending an hour getting all of them out of stat.
Yes that lil room is the best place to use the dragons in, if we are in that room defending we usually do very well. I died quite a bit that day as well.

I had forgotten how diffcult it was to get up the road to minax base with gracie, dang I got very sloppy messing with UOD while you all were taking a break.