• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

True Britannians in control of towns.

S

Saleena

What time was that mama? We got rolled by UOD last nite, and they dont bother to take back the sigils, they are just looking for points. At least when you all come a calling, you understand the point of raiding is to take back the sigils :)!

We are gonna defend tonite, hopefully everything will be on the same timer. Cya Tonite!

It was about 11:30ish Central time. And yes I dont think Uod Really understands what factions is all about..Thats why I wish it would go back to old faction times! Those were the fun days!!! There isn't really any of the really good battles of defending and raiding anymore. Hopefully I get done shooting pool early enough tonight to try and get me some siggys! Plus I am curious to see how well Uod will do raiding Minax base..Good Luck tonight!:heart:

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang... I have to work until 8:00 and won't be home until around 9:00 (pacific)... Maybe I can get on from work but my connection is terrible .... oh, then I have an excuse other than "lameness" when I die :)

R

RichDC

It was about 11:30ish Central time. And yes I dont think Uod Really understands what factions is all about..Thats why I wish it would go back to old faction times! Those were the fun days!!! There isn't really any of the really good battles of defending and raiding anymore. Hopefully I get done shooting pool early enough tonight to try and get me some siggys! Plus I am curious to see how well Uod will do raiding Minax base..Good Luck tonight!:heart:
Uod doesnt understand factions, thats obvious, they understand griefing and ganking but thats about it (cant even work out how to stop/kill a thief stealing a 120animal lore scroll...my first 120 btw thanks uod especially doc holiday for the generous donation!!!).

I was always under the impression the point of factions was to take control of fel towns for your faction "leader", minax shadowlords council brit, not just use them as an excuse to be a zerg horde with the l33t items (at least every other zerg guild of the past did it with "normal" items) which is why uod gets no respect from anyone, more shocked when they fight fair!

Oh on a side note...noticed how uod arent gaining points and are now well, getting stomped?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang... I have to work until 8:00 and won't be home until around 9:00 (pacific)... Maybe I can get on from work but my connection is terrible .... oh, then I have an excuse other than "lameness" when I die :)
We held off UOD and corrupted the sigils to our faction last nite.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then about half of the TB force trickled out to die, before being backed by the second half which...died....lol. Either way it was fun. We got the towns. ;)

C

Curly Jefferson

Uod doesnt understand factions, thats obvious
actually, we all do understand factions, but for the most of us, i will say that we have a few players that like it just for points and look for the kill shots just to get points, and for some of the rest of us, it's always about the fight, because there's always a fight somewhere. as far as factions to me it's fun and i don't care about points

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually, we all do understand factions, but for the most of us, i will say that we have a few players that like it just for points and look for the kill shots just to get points, and for some of the rest of us, it's always about the fight, because there's always a fight somewhere. as far as factions to me it's fun and i don't care about points
If that is true Curly, get those that want a fight to defend the sigils!

Yesterday, you all had gotten the sigils that corrupted to TB off our faction post. Your people defended em for about an hour and kept the 4 or 5 of us out the base(though I did manage to get out with Brit). We stopped pushing and then UOD left. I waltzed in with Gracie and placed them on the town post with very little opposition. I will admit you guys are getting better at defending your base, but practice, practice, practice :)

Good Try last nite, Mama! Keep after Anthius and those guys to come back and help you all defend!

S

Saleena

If that is true Curly, get those that want a fight to defend the sigils!

Yesterday, you all had gotten the sigils that corrupted to TB off our faction post. Your people defended em for about an hour and kept the 4 or 5 of us out the base(though I did manage to get out with Brit). We stopped pushing and then UOD left. I waltzed in with Gracie and placed them on the town post with very little opposition. I will admit you guys are getting better at defending your base, but practice, practice, practice :)

Good Try last nite, Mama! Keeping after Anthius and those guys to come back and help you all defend!

I had fun last night! Felt good to be back inside home base for a little while..Next time i think we better wait to steal sigs until everyone is at the base and ready to guard. But it was still fun!:lick:

C

Curly Jefferson

we will take that fight. as far as the sigils i didn't know we were guarding them then died to your faction traps. (i hate those things). as far as holding them I have heard some of us say what's the point if we get control of the cities for 6 hours. i personally think it would be fun to have control once and a while.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we will take that fight. as far as the sigils i didn't know we were guarding them then died to your faction traps. (i hate those things). as far as holding them I have heard some of us say what's the point if we get control of the cities for 6 hours. i personally think it would be fun to have control once and a while.
I know I am sneaky with those traps, you never know when they will show up :).

Was good to see you :) Saleena

M

MrYoink

So please take control, we love sneaking in during a defense and ganking the sigs and running out with 5-6 on us and making it out alive...or dead sometimes. Thats, at least in my opinion, the rush of sig guarding/stealing.

C

Curly Jefferson

you see there's only one problem with that. im only one person and to so that i would need help. half of us want points and the as i said is the fights. so if half of us that wanted to was on at the same time we would do it

T

TylerDurdenGL

The problem with factions right now is that there isn't any reason to hold the sigs, 4 hours of holding the sigs to only control the town for 6 hours is stupid. Also chasing down a stealther because he/she stole a sig just isn't fun, now a fight is fun and thus the reason we don't guard the sigs.

UOD is all about the fight if there isn't a fight why sit there for no reason?

S

Saleena

The problem with factions right now is that there isn't any reason to hold the sigs, 4 hours of holding the sigs to only control the town for 6 hours is stupid. Also chasing down a stealther because he/she stole a sig just isn't fun, now a fight is fun and thus the reason we don't guard the sigs.

UOD is all about the fight if there isn't a fight why sit there for no reason?

When you guard Sigs generally the fight comes to you.

T

TylerDurdenGL

The only fight that shows up is 3 or 4 stealthing thieves...I hardly call that a fight, that is a simple annoyance.

C

Curly Jefferson

i think maybe once or twice and that's it. we stole them last night and as soon as we were leaving 3 stealther's showed up. one time i know we did was when we first started and that's it. but Saleena I have respect for ya for taking on the fights. it's always great battling no matter who wins or loses.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think maybe once or twice and that's it. we stole them last night and as soon as we were leaving 3 stealther's showed up. one time i know we did was when we first started and that's it. but Saleena I have respect for ya for taking on the fights. it's always great battling no matter who wins or loses.

LOL, I dont remember Ego complaining so much about the TB thieves. But they were much better at finding us, then UOD. Kudo's to the SL thieves, they are sneaky lil buggers!

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks at Arabella*

Did he really just call us annoying? WOW.... we are doing our thiefy jobs well!!! I love the TB thieves.... one will get in, a couple will harass, maybe the first one dies but then a swarm comes in behind and gets the sigs anyway ...

S

Saleena

Just an FyI incase you ever plan to guard in the future. The best thing to do is While you have people stealing/running the sigs..Have other people inside the base setting up your defence. Best would be mages so they can start laying down fields. And use traps to help detect the thieves when they come in. And the ultimate if you know your going to dealing with thieves for the most part, bring in a tracking detect hidden character those are the best!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4 hours of holding the sigs to only control the town for 6 hours is stupid.
This is a stupid misconception I'm getting tired of hearing. First, if you corrupted the sigs you would get to hold them for at LEAST 10 hours, not 6. That's assuming another faction actually takes the sigs the second they purify and has them in their base. 1 thief cant do this, so now you have to assume there's several people helping to run them from the towns.

TB may do a guard every other day. That means, 4 hours of defending to hold them for 48 hours...though we really don't need to defend at all, because we've been getting the sigs back every time anyone else tries. In essence, a 4 hour defense has held us the sigs for the past week. Lol.

T

TylerDurdenGL

Yeah that is because nobody cares enough to hold the sigs and have to fight over them with a bunch of stealthers every day. Again fighting a bunch of hiding thieves isn't a fight at all.

I will be happy to hold the sigs when they go back to the 7 day goodness :)

S

Saleena

Yeah that is because nobody cares enough to hold the sigs and have to fight over them with a bunch of stealthers every day. Again fighting a bunch of hiding thieves isn't a fight at all.

I will be happy to hold the sigs when they go back to the 7 day goodness :)
Sigs were never at 7 days. But your right about the whole no one caring to guard. When people raid tb its just because there is no where else to fight pretty much. Once they switch factions back..If they ever switch them back I think more people will be intrested in Guarding again.

C

Curly Jefferson

LOL, I dont remember Ego complaining so much about the TB thieves. But they were much better at finding us, then UOD. Kudo's to the SL thieves, they are sneaky lil buggers!
I didn't know i was complaining about it. let the thieves take them. good job on finding them EGO. I was talking to Saleena about the fights it brings. we have thieves also. we don't need thieves, when we do take the sigils or go search for them, we know TB will always put up a fight.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't know i was complaining about it. let the thieves take them. good job on finding them EGO. I was talking to Saleena about the fights it brings. we have thieves also. we don't need thieves, when we do take the sigils or go search for them, we know TB will always put up a fight.
Well hopefully soon things will change back to the old way of factions, then we will see who has the dedication to win the towns? I could really use a 3 day break between battles. I know this granny is getting very wore out!

And yes Tinkz!! we are doing our jobs very well! Can't wait for the 10 hour guard and 3 days of rest!

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would never be able to stand sitting guard at a base for 4 hours. I want action! They call me action jackson!

S

Saleena

I would never be able to stand sitting guard at a base for 4 hours. I want action! They call me action jackson!
4 Hours aint Sh** Try 10 Hours, with non stop battles ahh..the good ol days. Anyone who has been in factions a long time knows exactly what I am talking about.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yes Tinkz!! we are doing our jobs very well! Can't wait for the 10 hour guard and 3 days of rest!
I don't know that I would call what you do guarding. You steal the sigs, hide by them reading a book or god knows what. If someone takes them, you go steal them back as soon as they are placed. It's a pointless back and forth... You just have a longer attention span.

O

Officerdg

Once they switch factions back..If they ever switch them back I think more people will be intrested in Guarding again.
My understanding is this is the way factions is going to stay Saleena! Of course I could be wrong also if enuff ppl pancake it may change back.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My understanding is this is the way factions is going to stay Saleena! Of course I could be wrong also if enuff ppl pancake it may change back.
The times were reduced as part of the War of Shadows event. When the event is over the timers go back.

R

RichDC

Yep the patch notes say the points system and arties are a perma addition. The timers are event duration only.

S

Saleena

Your Understanding is wrong! In the future please make sure you have the correct awnser before you post. Thanks you and have a wonderful day:)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4 Hours aint Sh** Try 10 Hours, with non stop battles ahh..the good ol days.
The real good ol' days saw 24-hour guards, with non stop 30v30v30 battle royals.

But the new 10-hour guards were more fun.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because the only reason UOD is in factions is because they want the faction gear and to try to look cool by accumulating a bunch of points and saying punkte no matter who they die to. I'm not the biggest fan on factions (they'd prolly be more appealing if there was a reason to hold the towns) but it is brutally obvious you guys aren't in it for the right reasons. I'd still have a mage in minax if i wasn't running around as a solo mage running into houses from the 10 uod at the gate.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because the only reason UOD is in factions is because they want the faction gear and to try to look cool by accumulating a bunch of points and saying punkte no matter who they die to. I'm not the biggest fan on factions (they'd prolly be more appealing if there was a reason to hold the towns) but it is brutally obvious you guys aren't in it for the right reasons. I'd still have a mage in minax if i wasn't running around as a solo mage running into houses from the 10 uod at the gate.
Hey, when UOD has had the sigils, I have guarded them several times. Many times alone, and although they were all eventually lost, I at least tried. I also have faction chars wearing no faction arties tyvm.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, when UOD has had the sigils, I have guarded them several times. Many times alone, and although they were all eventually lost, I at least tried. I also have faction chars wearing no faction arties tyvm.
Sorry my friend, UOD minus Aibal lol

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, the good old days when there were so many people playing, 30v30v30? More like 80v50v50!! Well I played Atlantic back then...

I wouldn't want to stand guard and wait for the one force to finally come.. or have some stragglers run by or wait for a thief to sneak in. I could be running around dungeons or gates PvPin....

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does the trash ALWAYS come from Atlantic?
Sounds like someone's mad they couldn't even get the killshot on me when I was standing there disarmed for your dexer and didn't move:lick: deathstrike that lol

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like someone's mad they couldn't even get the killshot on me when I was standing there disarmed for your dexer and didn't move:lick: deathstrike that lol
You still would have died but you had a healer, not to mention the stealther with a greater drag.

It's ok though, I lived, you almost died in a 3 v 1.

You couldn't possibly anger me, you aren't good enough.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*eyes cross*

Am I seeing things or is this just the same old same old and this thread getting off topic again????

Yep, Ima watching over here too... and Tinkz WANTS HER THREAD BACK.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the rampant cheating and ******bagery that infests this shard I'm surprised all threads aren't derailed. Oh.. nevermind, that's because everyone is posting on UOPvP - where the admins don't take the EA stance of ignoring the issues.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't really get it, do you?
The difference between saying "cheating rampant EA has to stop it" (which is allowed) and "XXX you %$%&/ cheat!!!" (which is not).

*sigh*

S

Saleena

You don't really get it, do you?
The difference between saying "cheating rampant EA has to stop it" (which is allowed) and "XXX you %$%&/ cheat!!!" (which is not).

*sigh*
Yes but it's much better to say the way you feel!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations to my fellow True Brit Factioneers, awesome job defending our base last nite. UOD has been corrupting a few sigils along the way, but for the most part TB has held it's ground and keep the evil ones from corrupting the faction towns.

We were constantly on the defense from all other factions, with UOD being the most persistent. But I want to give SL kudos for getting the sigils and keep our thieves out of your base for quite a while. Welcome back to Factions Achilles and Cyrus!

Saleena, you came in just as after we had corrupted most of the sigils to TB and most people had logged for the evening. EGo was the only faction guild we did not defend against, get after those guys Saleena!:cheerleader:

R

RichDC

Yes, being a minax thief is hard. Ive had to defend those sigs i steal all on my lonesome!!! Had help from one person...ONCE! its really hard trying to force and invasion i was 45mins of and them boom the sigs gone :(

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk, this is a genuine question of interest...

If you "get it" and you don't like it, and you don't like the way we restrict posts and it is so much better on that other forum.... why are you still posting here?

I truly do not mean that in a negative way. I just want to know what still draws all of you back to UOStratics if we are all so terrible.

Call it a customer service survey if you like.