• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trick or Treat!

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend created new char with 50 begging. She got her first pike at 55 I think. She was so excited she couldn't believe it.:D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's good news. I was going to pop a mythic token and grab begging.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
decor so far

Kinda wish there were 12 heads (even number)

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, gota give full credit to Pandora on LS (aka the deco b!#@) for help... Place a castle ladder, climb up it, place a trash barrel, put the pumpkin in it, axe the barrel, lock down the pumpkin, lower it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, gota give full credit to Pandora on LS (aka the deco b!#@) for help... Place a castle ladder, climb up it, place a trash barrel, put the pumpkin in it, axe the barrel, lock down the pumpkin, lower it.
TY Always wanted to know how to do that.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TY Always wanted to know how to do that.
Ahh I'm thinking of the more useful way of that; Lock the item down, use the ladder, stand at the top, then start raising it with the deco tool... you'll find it's now no longer limited to the floor plan, so you can raise it up as high as you like... notice the Bells on the Tower Of Cow top centre, they've gone 3 floors and are mounted on the outside. In the gap middle left you can see fish trophies also raised from the floor to just along the edge of the second. I was wondering if you'd done it from below to get it along the edges there ... I've not placed mine yet so I don't know if they'd align if raised from below.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend created new char with 50 begging. She got her first pike at 55 I think. She was so excited she couldn't believe it.:D
Hm I'm at 86.4 skill. I got an alacrity and I only got two gains within 15 minutes, lol. I guess alacrity is a waste of time since they fixed how they work with trans. Spent about 30 minutes trick or treating and didn't get anything but candy. Debating as to whether I keep trying or gain more begging.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm...just got Skulls on Pike, the old one. 86.4 still. Hmm...

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke with two players on LS that have gotten heads both between 50 and 60 skill. I worked begging up as soon as I saw patch notes and have been trick or treating as GM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got all 10 of mine in skill ranges of 85 to 86.6 now. Maybe the 1 in 1000 for a spike is not so bad figure at all. Skill doesn't seem to be a big issue (as in needing GM or something).

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got all 10 of mine in skill ranges of 85 to 86.6 now. Maybe the 1 in 1000 for a spike is not so bad figure at all. Skill doesn't seem to be a big issue (as in needing GM or something).
There are 11 ;)

But yes, it's not that bad if you're really grinding them out quickly; but doing it the old fashioned way is likely to be exceptionally hard. Half way to duplicating the results with a luck suit so far, not sure yet if it makes a difference...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, just wondering, how are you trick or treating?

Sometimes I've messed with a single text macro and supplied the target, sometimes I've used a target next mobile macro on the run...mostly focusing on Ter Mur refugees, did some elves in heartwood. I got two water pitchers acquired from begging while using begging skill on the gold npc near Ter Mur gate...and that one, old pike graphic off...I don't know. I think a refugee, but hard to say.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Important Information, as you can see from the data it looks like Luck DOES play a part in the drops. I don't have identical data quite yet, but with 4000 odd results with a basic luck suit, I'm getting close to double the number of heads so far. So I would suggest you put on your own suits, the higher the better, when Trick Or Treating yourself.

And for those asking, you say "Trick Or Treat" but it tests against your begging skill. You don't use Begging directly however, except to raise the skill.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree. ToT is Treasure of Tokuno and always will be. Newbs.
Treasurers of Tokuno is not active has not been posted as such. These Halloween events have been. No offense but I didn't think it was That confusing. *Chuckles* I think we can thank the twitter mentality for the obsession of haste, shorthand and abbreviations. Cuz hey, Who has time to type 10 more letters......:p

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Treasurers of Tokuno is not active has not been posted as such. These Halloween events have been. No offense but I didn't think it was That confusing. *Chuckles* I think we can thank the twitter mentality for the obsession of haste, shorthand and abbreviations. Cuz hey, Who has time to type 10 more letters......:p
Trick or Treat
Feel free to copy and paste ;)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Important Information, as you can see from the data it looks like Luck DOES play a part in the drops. I don't have identical data quite yet, but with 4000 odd results with a basic luck suit, I'm getting close to double the number of heads so far. So I would suggest you put on your own suits, the higher the better, when Trick Or Treating yourself.
Thank you for all your hard work. I think it's about time I make a new suit for my thief (beggar) anyhow, hehe.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put on a luck suit this morning wearing 2260 and I didn't notice a difference =(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally haven't noticed a difference with luck either.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally think now they fixed spawning Dev's Head in a secret way ;) . Got my last head Sunday night short after Midnight, than went to bed and go on trick'n treating the whole sunday. Nothing! Tried with Luck in normal rounds in heartwood and the other, seamly more simplier way to get the heads ;) - Nothing until now!

So what is happend? Some here who have made the same experience?

Mene

P.S. This is my first post on Stratics Forum and normally i do not speak english, so excuse me if i used wrong words :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is happend? Some here who have made the same experience?
Seems like a very slow process. I probably haven't trick or treated longer than three hours at this point in total and have two skulls on pike (old ones) thingies. Currently at 90.7 begging now. With Evil Twin thefts considered, I have about 40-50 of all candies (except rock candies)...so maybe I've done, I'm not sure, 600 or so trick or treats at this point? lol I suppose I just dont have the patience :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, if I'm reading things right regarding Adol's data, I suppose two Skulls on Pike in 600 is actually very lucky. 50 reward points each for those ;P.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol I suppose I just dont have the patience :)
Oh yes, getting theses heads consider people with strong or better with no nerves *G*. This morning i felt so scared with this zombie eyes looking out of the mirror in the bathroom and wonders which ones are them... and than noticed that they were my own :rolleyes:

I feel completely with you, G.v.P. - but it also seems that Bleak must love me *G*. An hour after my posting here this morning (this night *G*) i got finally the 5th Bleaks Head :D - so i felt a bit better than. Wish i also play on Legends (my shard is Drachenfels) - you surely got one of my double Bleaks Head as gift.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate all the dev work done & the spikes are truly creepy. I just wish it was a little bit more fun. That a gm beggar not using any tricks could get more than one spike per day. Or I could trade in the many old items I do get for a spike.

I know players with less than gm have gotten spikes, in fact more than my gm has. I do not mind that. Just let the gms get them too please?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well a little off topic but I think they could have made the whole trick-or-treat experience a lot better with a little bit of thought and dev time.

1) There are halloween costumes, polymorph, bloody sashes, fishing poles, etc that let the user actually put on a costume. I think if you're wearing a costume you should have improved odds of getting a special drop (or at least getting more candy)! Or maybe different costumes give a chance at a treat unique to that costume. I know if someone shows up on my doorstep in street clothes on Hallowe'en, they ain't getting the good candy!
2) Put some truly rare and amazing items up for grabs
3) Let us go trick or treating in dangerous spots like evil mages, or ancient liches....treat - you might get something truly awesome, trick - they might just kill you, or turn you into a newt, or even hit you with temporary stat loss or something
4) Make the NPCs in different towns have themed treats so that there's a reason to travel the whole world.

Oh well, that's just my two cents, and I know it takes dev time, but this is going on for a month, why not make it more fun, and less of a rinse-and-repeat experience - and yes, I actually have put on some of my hallowe'en costumes in game for the trick or treating - just seemed in the spirit. Speaking of which, why are there are no new costumes available for clean-up point turn-in?! Grrrr..I love those things.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, if I'm reading things right regarding Adol's data, I suppose two Skulls on Pike in 600 is actually very lucky. 50 reward points each for those ;P.
*rubs eyes* Ok, I've brought the two data sets into closer accord now, out of 7494 results without luck it ended up as 0.11 were Heads, and for 7861 results with 1011 Luck it turned out to be .14... I can't be certain, as that low you'd only expect 7 or so heads, which isn't a huge data set; I ended up with 8/7494 and 11/7861, so 3 more using luck. So again, whilst that could be within the normal random range with such long odds, I'd suggest you use Luck when begging, just in case!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What expansions does my beggar account have to have to get this new stuff?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know where people are getting these odds, but I got two heads within the first 100-200 trick or treats and have done about 3000+ since and havn't got any. I have gone to almost every city in the game and nothing seems to matter.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know where people are getting these odds, but I got two heads within the first 100-200 trick or treats and have done about 3000+ since and havn't got any. I have gone to almost every city in the game and nothing seems to matter.
The odds of getting a head on a spike are very small, and the rng has it's issues. People are getting thier odds by taking many thousands of attempts and doing the math and getting close. No need to go far and wide though, you can in theory stand in front of the same NPC and t-r-t- every 60 seconds all day long, you will eventually get all the top end stuff from it.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click any of the coloured texts in my previous posts for my data. I used Heartwood as every NPC inside will allow you to Trick or Treat; Cove looks like it would be nice but half the people there are unseasonal grumps alas. Then it's just a question of grinding it out, Nyses is correct about doing many thousands...

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The odds are going to be very, very low. I should be able to break 2000 beggings in the next 30 mins or so, and it looks like even at GM the odds are working out around 0.2% of hits for a Head (I've only got 2 so far, MrsTroublemaker below was the second)
Not to be a math stickler here (It was my WORST subject in school) but if you have 2,000 beggings and got 2 heads, that's .001%. Or am I doing the math wrong.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's correct, although 2000 attempts could be just an hour a day for a week, so not quite as bad as it seems at first.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a math stickler here (It was my WORST subject in school) but if you have 2,000 beggings and got 2 heads, that's .001%. Or am I doing the math wrong.
you are both close. The 2 out of 2000 = .1% or .001. 2/2000 = .001 but 1% of 2000 = 20, so .01% of 2000 = .1% Key is that the % sign is equal to, two decimal places. :)

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your maths are off a bit ;) Percentage is (individual value) divided by (total figure) multiplied by 100. The document I made, to save time, was calculating that automatically, so for instance the actual typing in square C5 is

"=(B5/D4)*100"

Which pulls the data entered 1 square to the left (for Nougat Swirl), divides it into the data at D4 under Total Scrounge Success (which in turn totals all the data under column B) and multiplies it by 100. So all I do is dump the candy and items into one box, and type the totals I see there into Column B and the rest of the form calculates figures and percentages for me.

In your example, you only divided 2 by 2000 to get 0.001, but that's not the percentage as it's not been converted to being a share of 100 yet.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is why when I started college at 30, they "recommended" that I drop Algebra 101 and take a "refresher" course for no credit so I could take Algebra 101 later. And when my middle school-aged son could finish the problems before I finished writing the problems down, I disowned him.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are both close. The 2 out of 2000 = .1% or .001. 2/2000 = .001 but 1% of 2000 = 20, so .01% of 2000 = .1% Key is that the % sign is equal to, two decimal places. :)

I didn't notice the percent symbol, without which the statement is of course correct.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soo.. yea I'm getting a bit out of control with the phoenix red dye... yup...

And um, I'm going to be doing the rest of the castle like this too...

Yup...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next year I would like to be able to trick or treat, and get Halloween candy or items off of monsters.
I would like to see the Halloween candy like this off of monsters
slimy jelly beans
monster drooled all over lollipops.
monster fur covered taffy.
moldy half eatin carmel apples.
maggot covered pumpkin muffin.
Sounds yummy huh ? :D

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The best part of this years Trick or Treat is that I've seen more people online than any one time in the past six months. I am hoping to see the same for the upcoming invasion.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soo.. yea I'm getting a bit out of control with the phoenix red dye... yup...

And um, I'm going to be doing the rest of the castle like this too...

Yup...

The fireplace on the center roof top will go back to its original color once you ax it. Just letting you know because it happened to me.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already had to axe it (and several other things.) Retained its color for me though.