• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trick or Treat!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at Smoot's picture, they just don't fit the graphical style of the game so I won't bother with them.

The Harbinger Halloween was the last one I really enjoyed.
I know what you mean. Im not a fan of trying to put "new" graphics into old uo. But... They are pretty cool. Im not asking for perfection. just something bloody :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've gotten:

3 Black Webs
2 Orange Web
5 Halloween Guillotines
1 Chair in a Ghost Costume
2 Skulls on a Spike
3 Excellent Iron Maiden
1 Grim Warning
1 Onifrk's Head on a Spike
1 Kyronix's Head on a spike
1 MrsTroubleMaker's Head on a Spike

WHEE! :heart:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sweet can't wait to break out the Beggars!

Heads on a Pike are awesome! Love it...

Pumpkins are cool too.

and hey if you don't like the things you can drop it in my Mailbox! GL's right south of Yew gate..... Tram House with the big YEW on it can't miss it.... first clearing to the south.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's great to see everyone out and about in the pumpkin fields and graveyards!

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So the new heads on a spike come from having a GM Beggar correct? sorry if i missed it somewhere in the thread previously, thank you!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what begging level but it does require begging.
The odds are going to be very, very low. I should be able to break 2000 beggings in the next 30 mins or so, and it looks like even at GM the odds are working out around 0.2% of hits for a Head (I've only got 2 so far, MrsTroublemaker below was the second)

And again, whilst I sympathise with those who are a bit queasy about the heads, remember you need to double click them to see the actual art, the in game art is too small and pixellated to be any more horrific than then current in game gore...

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys when doing the pumpkins to spawn the "Grimm" ones, is it best to dump smaller pumpkins in a bin or is just moving them off the patch to the edges ok?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Guys when doing the pumpkins to spawn the "Grimm" ones, is it best to dump smaller pumpkins in a bin or is just moving them off the patch to the edges ok?
Nah you have to take them off the server in some manner to get them to spawn. I use a goat. Put the pumpkins in a bag, once the bag is full feed it to the goat. Some folks use a horde minion, others just recall off and trash them.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to be off the subserver to respawn; easiest way is to let a Necromancer Horde Minion scoop them up, and then dismiss him. Apparently Goats eat them too, but I never got that to work...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, as it will no doubt be buried in the locked thread, here's the details I've been able to collect about the new drops and their relative rarity.

I'm pretty sure I have all of the candy now. As you can see, the Rock Candy spawns much, much less than normal candy. It also doesn't give the "you could eat as much as you want" message. But it doesn't, as far as I can tell, appear to do anything else. Or does it...?

What are the relative drop rates of all the rewards; the following chart is an approximation. It is what I've ended up with over time, after the Naughty Twin has stolen some candy back again, not counting the other "Tricks!" but giving a percentage of the final loot you get to keep. This is at Grandmaster Begging;

My results are being posted here.

What does it mean for you the collector? I've a total of just over 2000 results at the time of typing this, and if you take the old and new results as a group, the new heads are dropping way, way less than the old... in fact they've been below 0.2% chance that the final result is a dev's head. However if you look at individual drops, they have only dropped once, 3 times individually in those results for me, but the other Skull On A Pike also dropped just once. it's tempting to wonder then if the individual odds are the same as that old reward, and it's just the odds of a Dev-Pike are so low because there's now nearly double the rewards it could be instead.

The patch notes mentioned there were other rewards apart from the heads on a pike. Unless there's something even rarer, or I've just been unlucky, I think they mean the Rock Candy.

These are the 3 artworks I've gained;

It's going to be a pain to grind out a complete set solo then; I did about 2 hours of constant trick or treating to get the results so far. Hope you find this useful, and when I next get stuck in, I'll update the total in the document above!

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Where were you trick or treating at? I ran about three and a half to four hours trick or treating last night and did not get a single head on a pike. I did get quite a few of the other special drops tho. GM begging and even went and tossed on a 2k luck suit after the second hour of not getting one...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need GM Begging to get the drop?
Just edited the post, but the patch notes said yes, GM Begging is needed.

As to where... I'm doing laps of Heartwood, with the following EC macro in Pinco:

> Target Nearest Mobile
> Say "Trick or Treat"
> WaitForTarg
> Cursor Target Current

Then just run past all the NPCs and hammer space when within 9 squares, you can cover all of Heartwood in about 1-2 minutes and tag all the NPCs for begging ;)

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I have 25 different pieces of candy. I think the extra two I have are also rock candy. I've spent the afternoon trick or treating and wound up with this so far:

3 Black Webs
3 Orange Web
5 Halloween Guillotines
2 Skulls on a Spike
3 Excellent Iron Maiden
2 Grim Warning

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I have 25 different pieces of candy. I think the extra two I have are also rock candy. I've spent the afternoon trick or treating and wound up with this so far:

3 Black Webs
3 Orange Web
5 Halloween Guillotines
2 Skulls on a Spike
3 Excellent Iron Maiden
2 Grim Warning
Damn, I can't count, exhausted from candy-snatching! There are 12 (2x6) normal candy of course, which matches your 25... HONK HONK... I shall change that image

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well... time for me to tell the refugees of Ter Mur goodbye then...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
players personal attendants give out candy
I was setting up my trick or treat macro played the macro and got candy from my hubby's personal attendant.
as long as trick no longer kills me :(...

(slowly works up begging skill from 0...lol)

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have cleaned up this thread and removed any posts that were not on topic, including those about what is and isnt "proper" in game. If you have a problem with it, take it up with EA, and keep it out of this thread. I am unlocking it now. Don't make me take your toys away again...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where were you trick or treating at? I ran about three and a half to four hours trick or treating last night and did not get a single head on a pike. I did get quite a few of the other special drops tho. GM begging and even went and tossed on a 2k luck suit after the second hour of not getting one...
I use the Tokuno city. The buildings have lots of candy givers. You can hit the 2 story and stay in there till you get sent to the gate.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have to have gm begging for the heads?

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have cleaned up this thread and removed any posts that were not on topic, including those about what is and isnt "proper" in game. If you have a problem with it, take it up with EA, and keep it out of this thread. I am unlocking it now. Don't make me take your toys away again...
My hero! :party:

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Probably, but I have no idea. I have it and have 3 so far. Mstroublemaker, Onifrk, and ThatBlok

Hoping someone knows how many there are

Last edited:

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... time for me to tell the refugees of Ter Mur goodbye then...
I just got Mesanna head on a spike on the Refugees its all random I believe, I had with luck statue 3005 luck and when that runs out I am at 2205 but do not see luck playing into it at all

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guy with the glasses looks cool "spiked", hehe...

Can you show us Mesanna "spiked"?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The patch notes say:
GM Begging is required to have a chance at special Trick or Treat rewards, including the Heads on a Spike.
http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-83-TC1-August-30th-2013

I have to say that content isn't to my taste, so my GM begging is staying stoned while I concentrate on getting pumpkins and the kits to carve them.
Different strokes for different folks :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe no, I'm on a 'live and let live' policy :D
I've clobbered 'Misk the butcher' a couple of times though

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any ideas of how many heads? I have 7 so far and know of the Mesanna one...so at least 8.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any ideas of how many heads? I have 7 so far and know of the Mesanna one...so at least 8.

Lordy... 7+ huh. I got one and then was trick or treated out. Guess if I do that every day ill get um heh.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edging towards 3000 begging results now after another hour today, and no more Pikes so far; so the percentages have edged down to 0.1%. Remember, these aren't the odds of the reward on each individual panhandle at GM, but the total of what you end up with after all the begging and candy stealing is done (in other words, it's way too much work to sit and record every single drop as it happens :p )

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to Trick Or Treat quickly; not a perfect run as the recording slowed down my frame rate, but you can see the potential from this video (will be live soon)

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI
To those asking if GM Begging is required to get head on pike, webs, grims, and other item. No it is not!
I got my first head on pike today at 68.1.
Webs yesterday at 65 and grim at 67.
Persistance! Bug the living daylights out of npc's. Beware of tricks in Fel though. One sent me to Yew Gate in Fel. ;)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm, how many different heads are there? They're "Dev's" heads on spikes, but I have gotten 2 that I've never heard of... Brutrin's head on a spike & ThatBlok's head on a spike, are these new devs?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm, how many different heads are there? They're "Dev's" heads on spikes, but I have gotten 2 that I've never heard of... Brutrin's head on a spike & ThatBlok's head on a spike, are these new devs?
I'd like to know also. Maybe we should have another thread to discuss the spiked heads?I've seen a few so far contained in other threads.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 10 names that all have been confirmed so far.