• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trial of "The Great Oceania Keep Scandal" 1/4/2002 8:30pm

• Thread starter Raptor(Oceania)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raptor(Oceania)

Calling for people interested in being a juror in this trial.

You must not have any characters in VKR or TBD.

Please supply your character name, guild and ICQ.

R

RaveN

*puts up hand to be a juror*

Rosie DoD (Defenders of Darkstone)
icq # 82806163

S

Seifer^^

ok i'll be... in sounds cool and i know all about it and i'm in a pretty neutral position..

Seifer
BMG

F

FooStool

Britan
PgR (not in the guild as of yet but is unofficially in there)

oh and thanks for putting it in yew courts, you don't know how much it means to me if that place will actually be used
so cool

S

StCasper

Oh yeah.

StCasper
Guilds The Inquisition( how apt ) / ORB

ICQ 7078995

R

Red Wolf

Well since everyone has a right to receive legal council I volunteer to serve the defendant.

Might I also point out this also has to be either a Criminal Trial or a Civil Trial. If it is a Criminal Trial there is no plantiff, yet there is a prosecutor, judge and jury. In this scenario no damages may be awarded to the victim. If it is a Civil Trial then there no jury, the judge has the right to decide on his/her own and the plantiff may receive damages. A jury is not required in a Civil Trial since a jury's only purpose is to unanimously determine the defendant's guilt, which is not at question at a Civil Trial. The result of a Civil Trial also doesn't go on your criminal record.

I would suggest you classify this as a Civil Trial as then you would not need a jury and the Judge would be able to order the defendant to return the keep. In a Criminal Trial for theft, assuming the jury found the defendant guilty, the only thing the judge would be able to do is punish the defendant.

ICQ 36272412

L

Lord Sartori

Having made no comments about the allegations and therefore displaying zero bias, I am willing to be a juror.

Sartori is my character of the guild "The Southern Guard" (TSG) - affiliated with no guilds, at war with no guilds.

A

Alya

It is a shame that this has happened and it will be very hard to prove who is at fault. But will having a trail help to sort out the mess and right any wrongs, or will it just be a mockery of justice.
Who ever is choosen as judge will need to be level headed and given the power to control the proceeds.
The lawyers will need to know what to do to PROVE their case and not rely on "this guy is inoccent because i like him".
And the jury needs to JUDGE the evidence.
And what sort of evidence can be obtained? Is it possible to get copies of the ICQ archives of both parties?
If you are thinking of offering your services to the trail please remember that these are real people with feelings.

A

Alya

It is a shame that this has happened and it will be very hard to prove who is at fault. But will having a trail help to sort out the mess and right any wrongs, or will it just be a mockery of justice.
Who ever is choosen as judge will need to be level headed and given the power to control the proceeds.
The lawyers will need to know what to do to PROVE their case and not rely on "this guy is inoccent because i like him".
And the jury needs to JUDGE the evidence.
And what sort of evidence can be obtained? Is it possible to get copies of the ICQ archives of both parties?

M

Majestic

CAN I BE THE JUDGE PWETTY PWEASE!!! :D

if not, then i wouldnt mind being a juror.

Majestic
[BMG]

B

Birima

Greetings!
Having the trial is a great idea. I'd like to serve as judge, I think I'd be good at it. I have experience working with ingame disputes as a Lead Counselor. I also am 100% neutral in the whole matter and between both guilds. I also am a law student and would be willing to represent either of the parties. Just ask! :eek:) I agree also with whoever else said it, seeing Yew court used will be fantastic, only seen it used once.

Regards,
Birima

Ex-SLC Rayall

E

Eve..wf

Volunteering for Jury Duty.

<font color=008B00>Nature Girl</font color=008B00>, from White Fang [WF].
ICQ # - 146970281

D

DocMan

Wow, a trial sounds good...
I'd like to volunteer as a lawyer, cause i have no allegiance to either of them, and a little training in law too ;)
But otherwise, put me down as a juror:

<font color=CD2626>DocMan</font color=CD2626>, From ORB (obvious from sig? :p)

K

_Klayton_

*puts hand up for lawyer position*

I know alot about scams and how they work, ill work for either side as they could both benifet, if i cant be a lawyer put me down as a jury

L

Lord_Blackadder

Volunteers for Jury Duty

Char: Blackadder
Guild: The Dead Theologian's Society (DTS)

R

Raptor(Oceania)

Thanks for your comments Red Wolf, Based on what you say I think we are aiming more at a criminal trial then as I can see no way of forcing someone to return a keep, But he is willing to cop the alternative punishment if a guilty verdict returns. So lets just have some RP fun with this and see what happens. Also I doubt anyone would want to be involved if it was just a judge deciding, The jury makes it more interesting and fair I think.

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I declare my self too biased to participate in any role that requires impartiality.

I'd love to watch though...

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

Raptor(Oceania)

Off you go the Page, You flip and tell us what the outcome is. What if it lands on it's edge though!!

G

I volunteer for the jury! im not in VKR or TBD but i know a few people from both. Barely had any contact with the other members.

Coralle (TAX)

G

I volunteer for jury service since I have nfi what either of the guilds are /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

Thaqui

S

Shredmaster

Volunteer for Jury/Judge/Heckler/Lawyer.

Emily, [Goods and Services, TAX]

I can be reached through my GM (Exodus), who can also vouch for my impartiality, would you like me to send in a Resume'?

I have met but one each of TBD and VKR, (ciba and feen), and know nothing more about either guild.

D

Davin_Darkblade

I would love to volunteer as I love role playing and take it very seriously so this would be a great opportunity. I have never consorted with either party on trial.

Davin Darkblade (C^T)
icq# 33361859

K

Kamion

I would just like to thank you all for volunteering in the trial.
Remember it is a roleplaying exercise and should be fun but serious.
On the serious viewpoint, if you have any bias at all, towards me or Aquarius then please do not volunteer to play a part in the trial.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend the trial at the Court of Truth, Yew.
But help us all and shutup as to not interfere with the proceedings.

L

Lord Jackson

I will attend. I suspect you will get greifers (and no I dont mean me) that will cause trouble.

This should be entertaining.

M

MavorrLatrex

Ooooo this sounds good enough to slice up and put on toast. And I mean that in a good, vegemite-like way. Yum.

But really, sounds great. I can only hope that you manage to find equal amounts of jurors leaning towards each side, as I'm sure 90% of people will really have an oppinion even if they say they don't, and I'm sure a large majority would be leading towards VKR's side. So keep that in mind. ;)

Otherwise.... sounds damn fun.

K

kazazal

I stand pretty neutral on the subject, so if it is on a night that I am here, then I would be happy to assist rewolf in serving for hte defendant.

R

Red Wolf

I'm happy to announce that the defendant, Saidin of TBD, has appointed myself and Page, the TBD GM, as his legal counsel.

The defense awaits for charges to be laid.

R

Raptor(Oceania)

Saidin can you officially announce the 2 lawyers you have appointed.

G

Ill volonteer for dury duty. icq me on 13192660.

Im not associated with either guild.

One question what code of Law are you going to use??
The Terms and conditions of the game? ethics? make it up as you go? law of the land?

I think it would be more impartial if you can get a GM or someone from OSI as the judge (a nice thought but....doubt they will)
Maybe even a celebrity judge or a pannel of judges like in the high court that way the judge could also be a mixture of people from different backgrounds.

just a thought

R

Raptor(Oceania)

The judge is basically presiding over the case, The Jurors will have to be the impartial ones and the selection process should help this be the case.

As for what law being used, Well I guess the law of common sense and what the judge deems acceptable argument to make the jury see your side. I expect the lawyers will be smart enough to object to valid things and the judge to be reasonable enough to see why and either allow or deny the questioning.

K

Kairgan

A suggest if this Trial is to be held, would it not be better to hold it at a neutrally owned persons blding, so that some semblance of order can be kept. If it is held in a Public blding and ppl decide to be stupid, interjecting etc, there is little action that that can be taken, but in a Player owned blding they could be Ban.. This would/could save alot of wasted time. Of course those in charge of the court would have to take this responisblilty seriously and not just ban ppl without warning or good reason. I would be interested in feedback on this proposal.

K

Kairgan

I suggest if this Trial is to be held, would it not be better to hold it at a neutrally owned persons blding, so that some semblance of order can be kept. If it is held in a Public blding and ppl decide to be stupid, interjecting etc, there is little action that that can be taken, but in a Player owned blding they could be Ban.. This would/could save alot of wasted time. Of course those in charge of the court would have to take this responisblilty seriously and not just ban ppl without warning or good reason. I would be interested in feedback on this proposal.

S

StCasper

If not Yew it would have to be held in a Fel castle would it not :)
Can use mine...

Not being able to ban ppl or shoosh ppl is a big concern..

We held an event in yew courts about 18 months ago..was very much a failure due to the non control factor...the non hearing of the actual event and constant chatter/comments made by those there to disturb the proceedings.

K

Kamion

I have selected two lawyers for the trial.

Red Wolf &amp; Lord Page.

Klayton is not one of my lawyers.

I also agree to hold it in a players building as to avoid interruption.

R

Red Wolf

The defendant pleads not guilty and would like the court's permission to call up to five witnesses. We would also like a Court Order for the bank balance (including all cheques as well as gold) of Mr Aquarius' bank account, with a sworn statement from the plaintiff as to the transactions in the past two weeks. We ask that this information be kept private and only made available to the defense and the prosecution.

Might I also remind the jury that when in the courtroom they will have to COMPLETELY IGNORE ANYTHING that they have heard about the case previously, especially the details, as biased information. The defense and prosecution will have to establish a case from scratch, not from the allegations previously published on this board.

R

Raptor(Oceania)

<blockquote><hr>

Might I also remind the jury that when in the courtroom they will have to COMPLETELY IGNORE ANYTHING that they have heard about the case previously, especially the details, as biased information. The defense and prosecution will have to establish a case from scratch, not from the allegations previously published on this board.

<hr></blockquote>
Very true, I will get the judge to make note of this at the trial also.

You may call five witnesses up.

I have made the request for the info you seek.

G

You may also want to appoint a court scribe so that all procedings are recorded and documented accuratly and without bias.

As this may become a test case for future trials it would be good to have documentation of the case and maybe establish an oceania law library for future procedings?

M

MorpheousUO

I would say having someone be the court scribe ( most likely still using the journal ) would still be best.
As I understand it this is to be as much a roleplay situation as anything else so a court scribe would add to the realism

G

lol

we could then take this one higher

the ORPA could then start a court trial where we trial people for ranges of things :)

Z

ZoReX

I would like to put my name forward as a Jury , I have only just come back from a 6 month break , therefore have no tie with either Guilds.

Name : ZoReX
Guild: Praetorian Guard

K

Kamion

I am making a proposal to change the Trial Name to "The Great Oceania Keep Scandal", Instead of "Scam".
We must make the trial unbiased in all ways - starting with the name.

I also agree to make an 'Oceania Court Library' for future cases and make it open for any trials after this one.

R

Red Wolf

Still taking applications for jury duty. Most likely date is this Monday 01/04/02. After 12 pm so that people don't get any ideas. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.