• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trees...

G

Wow, I log in for the first time in ages and see this. I haven't played in a year but have been paying for 2 accounts. I still have about 30 trees (I think) and lord knows who is doing what with them. I would love to sell them back to EA Land for real money and close out everything.

What a mess. I was expecting to see a 4th anniversary gift. A 5th anniversary gift, new game play, new graphics, and in general a fun game to play.

It appears that everyone is unhappy. The cities are not merged. There are some new chairs and a new sim starts with no money. Basically this is what I see out of reading most of the posts. I also see that if you disagree with a developer when they have public meeting in TC3, you get shunned by the "cool people".

Happy New Year

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, I log in for the first time in ages and see this. I haven't played in a year but have been paying for 2 accounts. I still have about 30 trees (I think) and lord knows who is doing what with them. I would love to sell them back to EA Land for real money and close out everything.

What a mess. I was expecting to see a 4th anniversary gift. A 5th anniversary gift, new game play, new graphics, and in general a fun game to play.

It appears that everyone is unhappy. The cities are not merged. There are some new chairs and a new sim starts with no money. Basically this is what I see out of reading most of the posts. I also see that if you disagree with a developer when they have public meeting in TC3, you get shunned by the "cool people".

Happy New Year

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the 2nd person I've heard say 'sell them back' to EA.

Sell them back? Who did you buy them from in the first place?

If you note, trees are worth 2 simoleans to EA. You could choose to sell them to another player, but I really think that's what's bugging many people in this thread. It's the people that have gone out and bought tons of trees.

You'll probably get a ton if IM's from your comment.

I know personally, I made the comment that I was thinking of 'unloading' my trees and I was literally attacked by 11 players in less then 1 hour wanting my trees. "Hi how are you?....BTW how much for your trees?" Grrr!!!

Maybe instead of 'reading rumors' you should come out and experience how some of these people that complain about the pub are just nasty disruptive people that just want everyone to kiss their rear ends. Some of these people had better be glad I don't have my finger on the boot/ban button because I would not put up with the crap that some players bring into the pub.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You are the 2nd person I've heard say 'sell them back' to EA.

Sell them back? Who did you buy them from in the first place?

If you note, trees are worth 2 simoleans to EA. You could choose to sell them to another player, but I really think that's what's bugging many people in this thread. It's the people that have gone out and bought tons of trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I said "sell them back to EA land for RL money" since I have been paying for my unused accounts for a year. Second, I didn't buy trees for RL money, I bought them in game for simoleans or received them as 2 year gifts on all of my 7 accounts that I kept until they got the trees.

My Angele sim was made the first day that the cities opened after beta. I made her originally in IH and moved her to BF after move came out. I still have her original "simmy" (the ball thing). I am not a roll player, that sim is ME. It is hard to let her go. Otherwise, I would have been gone ages ago.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Why do you think EA should buy your tree? It was a gift to your account?

It's EA's fault you paid for your account for 2 years and didn't use it.

First off, we aren't ALL unhappy. It's just the very few that are unhappy are yelling fairly loudly. It's not so much the 'cool' people at the pub vs....the what 'uncool'? It's the people trying to carry on a debate on a subject and then there are those people that just want to be disruptive. Whether you like the devs or not, out of respect for everyone that is present, can it hurt some of these pub complainers to display a few manners?

G

I don't believe it's the disagreeing with a dev part. If you go to the pub now, you will see the exact same arguments you see here. Only there, there is a dev that is listening to someone cry about the same old stuff. And those people get down right nasty with the devs. I for one will say that I support and actually(I really really do)like what the devs are doing with the game. A lot of times, I feel very alone on these boards, but I feel that I need to stand up for what I believe. I'm happy with the changes that are being made.

The trees are the most unbalanced item in the game. Here is an obvious reason why, the tree is the most seeked out item in the game. More people go after getting a tree than any other object. Trees themselves are more valuable than simoleans. Trees are more exploited than any money exploit. You could take away the money exploit and these tree farmers would will still get rich faster than anyone else in game. That means getting rich is not equal among all players. Trees were not meant to be used in such a way. If they were, you would be able to put the fruit itself on sale.

The only way to sell the fruit is to block in the tree and have an object that has to be bought or a pay door to get to the fruit.

I believe BiteMe still has the best ideas and compromise I've seen so far in this thread. I will still stand by my suggestion that trees use should be limited to the owner of the tree.

G

Personally, I think this thread needs to get back on track.

They want to change mystic trees, because God forbid, some people had the ability over the years to buy up huge quantities of them and then opened up lucrative fruit farms.

I think they need to fix the entire skilling system so that it isn't so mind numbingly boring that people prefer wasting money than spending the ridiculous amounts of time it takes to earn skills through the game.

I also think, that rather than change the trees, they should open their own farms, because no matter what changes may be made to skilling, there will always be some who prefer to waste money on a quick fix rather than listen to the vulgar sounds of a weight lifter or watch their sim leaf through pages in a book for hours, days, weeks... Gracie's idea of them selling skill points is a good one. I think more would opt to get the exact skills they choose than random from trees.

Bottom line, EA could be making money either selling fruit or skills points, and it would create an excellent drain for the economy. Sure they would still have some competition, so what? They will always have competition, there is no way they will get around it. There are business minded people in this game who will find ways to make money off of it. Tree fruit is just one of the many ways they've found in the past.

As far as I can see, this whole new "economy" they've got going, has really only done one thing. It's made the value of the simolean higher, and I'm sure that is great news for those who sell them for real cash. Pay more for lesser amounts...

G

Apparently I'm the only one that thinks like this. Maybe it was the way I was raised, I don't know.

No matter what is done to skilling, as long as a tree gives a skill point, people are going to go for the fruit. That is the way it is. As long as there is a shortcut in place people will continue to take it. It's human nature. Why take the long way when I can take the really fast, short way.

That is why this country has laws. So people can't take that really fast, short way around things. If everyone did, you would have all kinds of catastrophes across this country. The very same applies the trees in this game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Apparently I'm the only one that thinks like this. Maybe it was the way I was raised, I don't know.

No matter what is done to skilling, as long as a tree gives a skill point, people are going to go for the fruit. That is the way it is. As long as there is a shortcut in place people will continue to take it. It's human nature. Why take the long way when I can take the really fast, short way.

That is why this country has laws. So people can't take that really fast, short way around things. If everyone did, you would have all kinds of catastrophes across this country. The very same applies the trees in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what made this particular anniversary gift so cherished. Someone at EA/Maxis actually made something the players loved. Shame on that person for thinking of the players. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt whoever it was that thought up the mystic tree, is on the development team we have now.

You just don't get it, probably because you've not even been around long enough to get your own tree. Yes it's preferable to eat your fruit than spend the time it takes to gain a skill point. In my experience, the fruit seldom lands where I am wanting it to, but I prefer to eat one in hopes than spend the hours to gain that skill point.

Do you skill Ronin? Have you ever actually maxed a skill? I think you should go do that, go max body and then come back here and tell us skilling is better than eating a fruit. Come back here after you have actually maxed a skill, and I mean all the way to 20.99, then you tell us how much fun you had in the game.

G

then NOTHING in the game should be allwed to be sold then! Gnomes, cannons, war tables, simmys, RARE PETS. Put a stop on EVERY saleable item then and make the ability to set things for sale disabled because sims have created other businesses seling various things.

Why should the trees be the only thing to suffer and get fudged? I say fudge it all, the game is going to hell faster then a tornado anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you just grew up wrong then? There is NOTHING wrong nor illegal about a sim buying another sims fruit from their trees. Laws weren't made tp prevent shortcuts or stop fast ways for people. Laws were made to prevent illegal activities which selling fruit is not.

G

No, I haven't maxed a skill. I have had no need to. I get the skill high enough to make decent money at a sim job and that's it. Regardless, my point still stands true. And the whole thing about haven't been around long enough, I have bought several trees with simoleans. That was in the past. I would never do it now.

As for the part about "thinking of the players." They did think of the players, on an individual basis. I'm sure they never intended people to sell off their trees and have some guy who is afk 23 hours a day get rich in a day off of the fruit.

G

Please refer to the last couple of pages. I made a comment about all anniversary gifts and holiday gifts should only be used by the owner with the exception of the campfire because you have to have more than one person to make the ghost work. Anything that was able to be bought from the catalog should still be able to be sold. This includes war tables and rare pets. Anything that is a gift should not be able to be sold or even tradeable. Here is the Link to where i said this. Its on that page somewhere.

G

Laws also include building codes for houses and such. If you cut corners, you risk the house coming down on itself. Laws were not made just for illegal actions, some were made to keep you safe.

Here is my feelings on trees:

<blockquote><hr>

Please refer to the last couple of pages. I made a comment about all anniversary gifts and holiday gifts should only be used by the owner with the exception of the campfire because you have to have more than one person to make the ghost work. Anything that was able to be bought from the catalog should still be able to be sold. This includes war tables and rare pets. Anything that is a gift should not be able to be sold or even tradeable. Here is the Link to where i said this. Its on that page somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Do you skill Ronin? Have you ever actually maxed a skill? I think you should go do that, go max body and then come back here and tell us skilling is better than eating a fruit. Come back here after you have actually maxed a skill, and I mean all the way to 20.99, then you tell us how much fun you had in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....so much for the 'staying on track' hey?

Whether a sim has maxxed a skill or not. Whether they juice up their sims or not....this is all a matter of 'game play' style. Guess it's kind of like saying, "My way is the better way to play?"

I HAVE maxxed out many a sim in my TSO lifetime. I have a pretty nice grove of trees. I rarely ever eat fruit. That's my choice.

I think making trees work only on 'skill' lots it the wrong choice. I think taking away what they have been doing ever since they were introduced is the wrong choice.

However, there must be an equitable solution to the problem that will not disenfranchising too many players but solves the dilemma.

Pointing fingers at other players and making snide comments is NOT going to do anything but make people angry.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, I haven't maxed a skill. I have had no need to. I get the skill high enough to make decent money at a sim job and that's it. Regardless, my point still stands true. And the whole thing about haven't been around long enough, I have bought several trees with simoleans. That was in the past. I would never do it now.

As for the part about "thinking of the players." They did think of the players, on an individual basis. I'm sure they never intended people to sell off their trees and have some guy who is afk 23 hours a day get rich in a day off of the fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see its more of an issue you have with someone who has many trees more then anything else. Do you know fort a fact hat this person is afk 23 hours a day? Have you ever contacted them at various times to see if they ever answered you? Try tthat before youmake accusations yourself, but oh i'm sure you did. ;-p

G

I have done this on several occasions to many different tree farms. What this comes down to is, trees were never meant to be used in this fashion. If they were, you would be able to mark the fruit itself for sale. That is plain as day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have done this on several occasions to many different tree farms. What this comes down to is, trees were never meant to be used in this fashion. If they were, you would be able to mark the fruit itself for sale. That is plain as day.

[/ QUOTE ]

But MANY things in this game are used or played in different ways then the original design meant them to be. Doesn't make it wrong because of that fact. It's just a different style of gamepay is all.

G

Lets see, if you look at most items in the real world, if you use them other than for what they were originally designed for, you void the warranty. Gameplay has nothing to do with it. Besides, people in this thread keep refering to gameplay. Guess what, this is going to be a new game, guess that means it's time to learn a new way to play.

Trees included.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lets see, if you look at most items in the real world, if you use them other than for what they were originally designed for, you void the warranty. Gameplay has nothing to do with it. Besides, people in this thread keep refering to gameplay. Guess what, this is going to be a new game, guess that means it's time to learn a new way to play.

Trees included.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and newer ways to sell that fruit that pisses you of so bad, LMAO! and again this AINT the REAL world, it's a game lighten up, HAVE FUN, and who gives a crap about what joe sim does. It's his game too let him play his way.

G

It's not about gameplay. Maybe you should have read that part. Oh and by the way, it doesn't piss me off as you say. I am stating an opinion that is logical based on what I have seen in the game. Trees are bad for the new game. Selling fruit should never have been allowed. It's just bad business especially with EA buying simoleans back.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Selling fruit should never have been allowed. It's just bad business especially with EA buying simoleans back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fruit Buyer purchases simoleans from EA at cost of X dollars. They give those simoleans to Fruit Seller in exchange for a ripe. Fruit Seller then sells those simoleans to EA for less than X dollars. EA keeps the difference.

How exactly is that bad business for EA???

G

<blockquote><hr>

Happy New Year

[/ QUOTE ]

Angele!!!
I saw your post as I skimmed the nonsense and wanted to reply!

Its not all bad, bad is just what sells on Stratics. 4 people will reply to a happy thread, but when a controversial topic comes up the unhappy bitter people come out in droves to voice their golden opinions on it. you know how that goes!

For accurate information on what is working, what is coming and what is real, check out the blog!

I hope all is well.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single online game I have ever played has objects in them which the players utilize in a manner that their dev's never envisioned, so what's your point? BTW, I would be fine with being able to mark fruit for sale also - not that it will happen.

I'm starting to suspect that you have some sort of fantasy that all the players should be playing the game in exactly the same way you do, that nobody should be smarter or more productive (and God forbid get rich off other players by being creative, ewwww) and that you just generally oppose sims profiting off buying, selling, and trading with each other.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Selling fruit should never have been allowed. It's just bad business especially with EA buying simoleans back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fruit Buyer purchases simoleans from EA at cost of X dollars. They give those simoleans to Fruit Seller in exchange for a ripe. Fruit Seller then sells those simoleans to EA for less than X dollars. EA keeps the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly correct. If EA had half a brain they would be jumping up and down with glee at the prospect of people giving them money to buy fruit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single online game I have ever played has objects in them which the players utilize in a manner that their dev's never envisioned, so what's your point? BTW, I would be fine with being able to mark fruit for sale also - not that it will happen.

I'm starting to suspect that you have some sort of fantasy that all the players should be playing the game in exactly the same way you do, that nobody should be smarter or more productive (and God forbid get rich off other players by being creative, ewwww) and that you just generally oppose sims profiting off buying, selling, and trading with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, no one hear has ever truly read a post of mine. IT HAS NOTHING DO WITH THE GAME PLAY. The intelligence level around here is appalling. All I'm talking about is trees. Please stick to that fact. Trees are way to powerful for the game to continue successfully into the future.

G

As far as I have read, the cash in and cash out rate was going to be the same. They have never made a claim otherwise. So there would be no difference to keep from a transaction.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, no one hear has ever truly read a post of mine. IT HAS NOTHING DO WITH THE GAME PLAY. The intelligence level around here is appalling. All I'm talking about is trees. Please stick to that fact. Trees are way to powerful for the game to continue successfully into the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh contrar we HAVE indeed read your posts, MANY times, and honestly are tired of you repeating your opinion every so many posts. WE KNOW IT, we've seen it repeated oh so many times, LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When the game first started nothing could be marked for sale. Simmies were non transferable and non sellable. Many lost their original simmies due to this when recreating sims - back then there was no option to move between cities.

With the introduction of the store category, so came the ability to sell anniversary gifts - you'll note they are still non tradeable - the only way to pass them to a different sim is via setting them for sale.

The first anniversary gift was a pet statue - nice but it did nothing. For a while we had promotional gnomes - again nice, but did nothing. When the tree came along it was seen by many as the best addition to the game ever. For many it still is (personally I still prefer the canon as the best addition
) and is still the most prized possession given to long term players by EA.

The only reason I'm going a little off topic here and explaining some of the history is that the comment "if you were supposed to sell fruit, it would have been made possible" doesn't really wash with the previous history of development on the game.

The tree was no doubt intended to give a skill point to the owner of said tree - or for the owner to offer the fruit to friends and guests (it used to be a nice trivia prize when trees were first introduced). It took about an hour after the first few trees ripened in game to realise that if you wanted to prevent unsavoury sorts running in and stealing the fruit that you just spent 20 + plus hours waiting to ripen then you had to protect your tree - sad but true.

Since day one, players have found ways to capitalise on what the game gives, create shortcuts, cheat others and find loopholes to optimise their gameplay. Some also found a way to make a living (of sorts) off the game, the only reason they were able to do so, was because someone somewhere was always willing to pay to take the shortcut - be it to receive money in game without working for it, to start up a new lot, buy a rare pet, or in recent years to buy fruit.

Making trees only work in skill lots will not prevent any of the above.

If the intention of making trees only work on skilll lots is to put the tree farmers out of business then it will not work. At first no-one will be able to afford fruit, but as more money is made - (or perhaps bought from EA?) then the fruit farmers will still keep their fruit farms on skill lots. They will either use pay doors or they'll use code doors with an out of game exchange.

For me, EA selling skills and locks is still one of the best solutions to counter the apparent problem with the tree farms, particularly as the transaction would be far more secure if its done directly with EA.

Polly

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

It's not about gameplay. Maybe you should have read that part. Oh and by the way, it doesn't piss me off as you say. I am stating an opinion that is logical based on what I have seen in the game. Trees are bad for the new game. Selling fruit should never have been allowed. It's just bad business especially with EA buying simoleans back.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess if someone makes some really sought after gotta have it CC creation and are raking in the simoleans off of it, EA should alter that too? I mean lord knows Lee has been singing the praises of free enterprise to me about making it rich selling items in game and cashing out to EA for rl money. I don't understand your argument at all here. It's a win win for EA if people purchase simoleans to buy ripes. The exchange rate alone is going to make them money. Do the math fella.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger, I'm not sure that is what Ronin is saying he wants. I think he is just stating that going forward we need to be mindful of the very things that brought this game down in the first place. Everyone wants to scream about bots and exploits and scams and the like... and just like all of those things trees are a valid concern to actual players (even ones who own trees)
If the dev team seems to think this is an issue, I think its an issue. Its not really a matter of what we have as our individual opinions, but what they show as being a problem in a game that they are investing real life (not simolean) dollars in trying to better.

I guarantee that they will not be willing to duplicate mistakes.

So instead of us in this thread taking everything as a personal attack and replying with such, I think actual valid solutions should be offered from both sides of the debate, so that EA can look at these, see how passionate some of these players are about eating their fruit and make it so they can eat it.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

As far as I have read, the cash in and cash out rate was going to be the same. They have never made a claim otherwise. So there would be no difference to keep from a transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee has stated several times that there will be a fee by EA to sell back simoleans. EA WINS!!!!

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you're right, trees are way overpowered. I can level up and win TSO faster than you if I have one.

Ohhh, wait ....

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess if someone makes some really sought after gotta have it CC creation and are raking in the simoleans off of it, EA should alter that too? I mean lord knows Lee has been singing the praises of free enterprise to me about making it rich selling items in game and cashing out to EA for rl money. I don't understand your argument at all here. It's a win win for EA if people purchase simoleans to buy ripes. The exchange rate alone is going to make them money. Do the math fella.

[/ QUOTE ]

The odd thing is EA has not expressed that the financial exchange of simoleans was ever planned to be some sort of proverbial cash cow for them. The point was, yes, enterprise... for the players. The whole cash in cash out system from everything that I have seen from the dev's is a plan to keep exictement and/or renew or attract interest in the game.

I think many players are overestimating the "profit" EA will make off of this simolean exchange.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you're right, trees are way overpowered. I can level up and win TSO faster than you if I have one.

Ohhh, wait ....

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Now that WAS funny!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is you who doesn't read what others post. It's your intelligence level I am questioning as a matter of fact. And your reposting the same thing over and over doesn't change our minds. Why can't you see there are lots of proposed options in this thread that would be both lucrative to EA and allow the players to keep their trees to use as they see fit?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think many players are overestimating the "profit" EA will make off of this simolean exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or quite possibly seriously underestimating it?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The odd thing is EA has not expressed that the financial exchange of simoleans was ever planned to be some sort of proverbial cash cow for them. The point was, yes, enterprise... for the players. The whole cash in cash out system from everything that I have seen from the dev's is a plan to keep exictement and/or renew or attract interest in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Profit they never had before, so EA ftw!

G

Before this gets out of hand, let's leave the comments about other's intelligence levels out of this thread.

G

TTL

To everyone participating in this discusson

How about we all forget about the questioning of each other's intelligence before it gets out of hand and just concentrate on having a reasonable and mature debate about trees ...

Thanks

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Before this gets out of hand, let's leave the comments about other's intelligence levels out of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Milty I'm such an idiot!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Rach... Just to add.

I've been saying that EA should offer simoleans for years. The fact that players were able to do this without EA getting any money baffled me. Just about every other game I know of does this, and the ones that do not are now considering it.

And even if EA makes a ginormous profit form offering this more power to them because *whispers* thats what corporations want to do... make profit. I'm sure many here have bought simoleans before. Now you are upset b/c its going to go to EA instead of some grandpa, or 12 year old in middle America?
Honestly...

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... let's take a game that had a lot of players, then subtract all the players that they lost, and then add a minimal profit on the exhange of simoleans.

Chances are... (unforunately) it's still going to be a game sinking faster than Mario in Super Mario Bros 3 - World 2 - that quicksand level with the friggin sun that attacks you. God I hated that sun.

Anywho... you can take a nearly dead game, and sprinkle some rainbow dust on it, KIR, but it's going to take a lot more than a group of people buying/selling simoleans to make this game profitable again.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... let's take a game that had a lot of players, then subtract all the players that they lost, and then add a minimal profit on the exhange of simoleans.

Chances are... (unforunately) it's still going to be a game sinking faster than Mario in Super Mario Bros 3 - World 2 - that quicksand level with the friggin sun that attacks you. God I hated that sun.

Anywho... you can take a nearly dead game, and sprinkle some rainbow dust on it, KIR, but it's going to take a lot more than a group of people buying/selling simoleans to make this game profitable again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes like making the major part of the game like skilling and making it FUN! That would surely do it. Taking things away is killing the game now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK Rach, from what I understand, many players made a pretty decent profit on selling their simoleans before EA came in and put the kabosh on it with their plans to stop exploitation and offer simoleans through EA. Sometimes (when I'm feeling extra paranoid) I think that all these angry players are the players who are no longer able to sell their simoleans due to them being useless atm.
It makes me giggle.

I would also like to add...
As much as we would all like to giggle and believe that we are far superior in intelligence to those who work at EA, they get paid to analyze this stuff. They get paid to make sure that this game is going to have some success to it so that they can continue to draw a paycheck and so on. So when an EA employee says "there is a problem with this" I don't think they are doing it just to piss players off... I think it has to do with... IDK there being a problem with trees?

G

Just hitting reply...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is great business for EA and will eliminate botters. How about EA buying a tree from me if I elect to sell one to them for the "market price" (like lobster) and then selling it to a player that wants one for a few bucks more?

Waves at Jackiee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is great business for EA and will eliminate botters. How about EA buying a tree from me if I elect to sell one to them for the "market price" (like lobster) and then selling it to a player that wants one for a few bucks more?

Waves at Jackiee

[/ QUOTE ]

Because then you have power player who comes in and buys a ton of trees directly from EA, players have hissy fits again and we are where we are now, whining and destroying yet further the great game we once knew.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

As much as we would all like to giggle and believe that we are far superior in intelligence to those who work at EA, they get paid to analyze this stuff. They get paid to make sure that this game is going to have some success to it so that they can continue to draw a paycheck and so on. So when an EA employee says "there is a problem with this" I don't think they are doing it just to piss players off... I think it has to do with... IDK there being a problem with trees?

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Please show me where anyone in this thread "giggled" or stated they "believe that we are far superior in intelligence to those who work at EA".

B) Fine, I'll bite on your troll/derail and then drop it.... You do realize you are talking about EA dev's and TSO right? You know, one of the biggest flops in the history of online gaming? I wouldn't exactly be putting the dev's of such an albatross up on a pedestal as being all knowing and infallible even if the current crop wasn't part of the original development and disastrous release.

They haven’t proven themselves to be one bit better than the first crop of dev's in my eyes - yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Please show me where anyone in this thread "giggled" or stated they "believe that we are far superior in intelligence to those who work at EA".

B) Fine, I'll bite on your troll/derail and then drop it.... You do realize you are talking about EA dev's and TSO right? You know, one of the biggest flops in the history of online gaming? I wouldn't exactly be putting the dev's of such an albatross up on a pedestal as being all knowing and infallible even if the current crop wasn't part of the original development and disastrous release.

They haven’t proven themselves to be one bit better than the first crop of dev's in my eyes - yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Was never said in this thread but often implied here and in other threads as well. It is implied constantly.

B) It isn't about putting anybody on a pedestal, it is more of logically figuring out that some people had to push to get EA to take an interest in this game and in doing so the pressure will be on more than ever to make something profitable out of it. EA employees have it in their best interest to make this game work properly.

I'll take it a step further. If the game fails... nobody will die. It's all good.

I am going to have to stay on topic now, I would hate to push the mods patience with going off beat. Maybe somebody should start yet another thread on simolean selling.