• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trees...

G

I hear that Parizad and Lee talked of making mystic trees only give fruit on skill lots last night at the pub.

I hope this isn't something that's been decided on already. Those trees were anniversary gifts for staying with this game for two years, paying our monthly fees for 24 months, and now they want to switch how they work? Being forced to live in a skill lot to use them just isn't right. This, to me, is another slap in the face to all of us who bothered to stick with this game. I was completely appalled to see them thinking of selling anniversary gifts and simmies, which would completely devalue them and take away all meaning they had to start with, and now this, uggggggh I can't put into words how disgusted I am.

F

festrmentmagnet

Yah, I don't like that idea one bit.
That's taking away a gift. You don't take away gifts that you've given someone.

I haven't even been able to take my trees out of my inventory since I received them in July because of a bug.

I'd like to be able to set them on my lot, not have them taken away just because I don't own a skill lot.

G

I don't know, I think I may be for this idea. I mean, skilling should only happen on a skill lot, just as making money should only happen on a money lot and so on.

Honestly I wish they would make Mystic Trees available for purchase, if you ask me the greed of mystic trees is one of the things that took this game down. Prior to mystic trees you had your rare collectors and y ou had your game players, after mystic trees everyone wanted an orchard so they could have a constant taste of that sweet sweet fruit.

Sell Mystic Trees on store lots Please!!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Well, I don't know if I'm real keen on limiting where trees work and don't work either. I should be able to use my tree on any lot I live on.

However, my opinion on the EA store is GREAT!!! Figure it this way....people are going to buy/sell their rares anyway mostly for real money through Paypal. Why shouldn't that money stay in EA's pocket for once?

And figure it this way....having a legitimate place to go buy rares SHOULD help sims prevent themselves from being scammed. SHOULD is the operative word because some unwise fool probably would fall for that 'too good to be true' deal even if they do have a reputable dealer selling them.

My sim neighbor could be 2 days old and own all the rares....guess what? I could care less. If they want to go to the EA store....shell out some real money into the EA ATM machine to buy a few rares...I am all for it. It helps sustain our game.

G

Personally, I love this idea. I think things should be kept to their respective lots and thats all. Although, I think all custom content should only be done on service lots.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

If EA wants to ensure the skill lots will never see a demise this is the way to do it.

And tree farms will top the list. Way to go EA! You showed them!

I want my trees to give random skill points on other lots besides skill lots.

'Nuff said.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

If EA wants to ensure the skill lots will never see a demise this is the way to do it.

And tree farms will top the list. Way to go EA! You showed them!

I want my trees to give random skill points on other lots besides skill lots.

'Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO EA Is gonna cut short that time where I sit and watch my sim read a book?!?!?!!

Wait, that doesn't sound so bad.

N

NightFlyer

If you want your trees on your skill lot that's cool. You have that now.

Why should I not have my trees on my romance lot? Or my crafting lot? Or my money lot? Or my welcome lot? or what ever lot I choose?

Talk about more and more limits to this game. IMHO there are enough limits already.

G

You are missing what they are saying nightflyer. Trees can be on any lot. But only on skill lots will they give a skill point. I totally agree with that.

N

NightFlyer

I didn't miss the point.

I disagree with changing the trees to only give skill points on skill lots.

'Nuff said.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why should I not have my trees on my romance lot? Or my crafting lot? Or my money lot? Or my welcome lot? or what ever lot I choose?

Talk about more and more limits to this game. IMHO there are enough limits already.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded part is what I was refering too.

G

I'm not in favour of trees only giving a skill point on a skill lot either.

In life, gaining skills and learning is not limited to libraries, universities, schools, etc. why should it be so restricted in game?

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only skillz you need on a romance lot are ... o nvm.

Srsly Night Flyer.. .you really want to know what I think should be done?

I think that trees should be limited to use by owner only on non skill lots.... if somebody would like to open a tree farm, they would have to own a skill lot.

I also think that it'd be cool if they could pay for acceleration of growing of fruit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only skillz you need on a romance lot are ... o nvm.

Srsly Night Flyer.. .you really want to know what I think should be done?

I think that trees should be limited to use by owner only on non skill lots.... if somebody would like to open a tree farm, they would have to own a skill lot.

I also think that it'd be cool if they could pay for acceleration of growing of fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen Sista!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Ok, let's not be 'over dramatic' over the trees.

There have always been players that have bypassed skill houses and headed to the local juice joint for their skills. I don't really think they'd be sitting in skill houses anyway so their business probably is never missed.

As for stores? I could see this kinda 'bustin up' the juice cartels. No more 'easy' money by holding your stores open while afk and making 10k and up per sip from your trees. Players wanting to sell fruit would have to actually physically man their homes in order to provide the 'fix' for the junkies that can't afford their own trees? That's a thought now isn't it?

G

But at a skill house, you can't charge that much(using a charge door)for fruit. So in a way, it stops the exploitation of trees.

G

I honestly don't think this will stop any "exploitation" of fruit trees or mean the end of fruit farms as we know them.

Instead the fruit farmers will open houses in the skill category. They currently don't worry about being present to greet their guests - they're not going to suddenly become wonderful skill lot hosts just because trees only give fruit on a skill lot.

We'll end up seeing a whole load of houses open in the skill category where people can go to buy fruit instead of going to spend time skilling there.

Meanwhile those that have trees that were gifted to them and currently live on residence, romance, services, entertainment, stores, money or whatever categories will no longer be able to enjoy the fruit from their trees unless they change to the skill category.

Aside from the fruit farms moving to the skills category, we'll also need a number of houses locked to the public with the following on their property bio "sorry not really a skill house just waiting for my fruit to ripen"

Polly

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

But at a skill house, you can't charge that much(using a charge door)for fruit. So in a way, it stops the exploitation of trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I don't see pay doors very often....just when I go visit Gracey.

How high can you set the money on a money door? If there is a limit, then the player can just put in more doors to go through to get to the trees? I know once I saw a guy with 3 pay doors to his trees. I thought it was rather odd. He was afk so I didn't get to ask him and never thought to check it out again.

(doors...trees...sprinklers = seems like anyone wanting to set up a skill/tree lot combo would have to do a lot of 'Lot Limit' juggling.)

**my wish is that they leave the mystics alone for now and maybe just limit how many can be on a lot. Sorta like our doggies/kitties.**

G

I just tested your theory, the fruit farm in TC3 is selling them for 2k a piece, and you can set a pay door for 2k so what is to stop him from selling them? It won't. No matter what type lot they force us to use, the farmers will still sell the fruit.

If EA is so concerned with this, why not open their own fruit farms and make that money themselves instead?

They know skilling sucks, so they should fix it, speed it up, get rid of decay, then the fruit would not matter so much anymore.

I like to live on a service lot so I can teach with the easier greening, and I use my trees to keep my unlocked skills up and to green fun. I do not sell fruit. I do not even charge to teach. I think it would be totally unfair to all of us who don't choose to live in a skill house for them to make trees only work on them. The trees were "gifts" and should not be changed. "Gifts" that many of us hung on to extra accounts, paying every month, just to receive. Not all of us sell them as soon as we get them, but many many did, and there you have those big tree farms. And now EA will regift to those who sold them through the amnesty thing at the same time putting the screws to those of us who didn't. It's just not right!!!

G

I just checked, the most you can set a pay door for is $9999.

Actually though, they could just set up a code - its been done before, where people "rented" space on someone's tree farm and had their own access code to gain entry to their tree.

In fact, the money wouldn't even need to change hands in game ....

The category change will make it more inconvenient for fruit farmers, but it certainly wouldn't eradicate them. The best suggestion for that is as Dutch (I think it was Dutch) says - limit the amount of trees allowed on one property.

Polly

edited to correct price on pay door

G

Yes, but having what some have (as many as 300 trees) there is a lot of room left for doors

G

I doubt limiting the trees will help either, the farmer in TC3 has many accounts, he'd just set up more lots, not a big deal.

I really think they need to make fruit not worth buying, by changing skilling. Or sell it themselves.

M

Matthew Gilmore

You talkin' about that guy that owns the lots in the Shopping catagory that has nothing but trees?

G

That fruit farmer has been doing his thing in most of the cities for years. He is not the only one.

I am surprised that there are actually people in TC3 who have the money to waste to fill their sims skills up, but I have seen several young sims who reek of fruit. Then they craft everything, and sell it for very little over the cost to make. Now you tell me how they can afford to stay fruited up.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*Just hitting reply*

Playing the devil's advocate, and I admit I wonder about it: what is the problem with tree "exploitation"?

I understand the emotional ties some have to anniversary gifts. I am attached to some of mine, and others I have no use for. I love the tree, and have used each of it's seasons for my own enjoyment. That said, what is the problem with a player being an entrepreneur in the game and buying up trees?

This game is one that is open to all sorts of creative play, and IMO is numbingly dull without coming up with ways to play outside of the passive activities (skilling, money objects, crafting) that make up the bulk of our play choices. Those who have come up with creative properties and creative ways to earn money have my respect, and in many ways, my envy.

What is the community so angry about when it comes to tree farmers? And what is the point of limiting them to skill lots, so that skill lots will become tree farms? At the same time, one of my most enjoyable possessions in game will be effectively wiped? As decorative objects, the trees are not worth much.

Changing skilling to one where everyone gorges on fruit is not an improvement. Why not push the teaching profession, and make improvements to that active type of game play? Teaching is ready for updates, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That fruit farmer has been doing his thing in most of the cities for years. He is not the only one.

I am surprised that there are actually people in TC3 who have the money to waste to fill their sims skills up, but I have seen several young sims who reek of fruit. Then they craft everything, and sell it for very little over the cost to make. Now you tell me how they can afford to stay fruited up.

[/ QUOTE ]

easy, simolean sellers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

easy, simolean sellers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and EA wants in on the selling of simoleans, why not sell the fruit as well, it would be an excellent money drain for them, would it not?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I doubt limiting the trees will help either, the farmer in TC3 has many accounts, he'd just set up more lots, not a big deal.

I really think they need to make fruit not worth buying, by changing skilling. Or sell it themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course there would still be tree stores. Limiting the number of trees won't stop it. It would just make it a bit 'less convenient' is all.

I'm not really advocating getting rid of the Juice Joints.

However, it's not up to me to tell people how to play either.

(Ronen....What is the lot limit now?....each door is 2 tiles correct? trees are 4 tiles? so with the lot limit as it is now...how many trees/doors could fit on a lot?)

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Just hitting reply*

Changing skilling to one where everyone gorges on fruit is not an improvement. Why not push the teaching profession, and make improvements to that active type of game play? Teaching is ready for updates, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

X actly Dali.

Hi Matt Gilmore &lt;3.

Now to go back to what I was saying originally. What has been the main focus of this game by a majority (not all) is the possessions we have.

We need to have an actual game and do away with the need to possess that drives so many. I understand in our former (and somewhat presetn) goal limited game, the need to have a goal such as infinity mystic trees was sort of important however, I think that we will have a lot more to do in the future and this type of (I NEED MY RARES) is going to hold us back.

I would love if EA would offer Gnomes, Mystic Trees, Pink Poodles (and other rare pets) for sale in a company owned store.

I

imported_SimTripps

My feeling is, why 'fix' what isn't broken? Why change mystics if they're fine the way they are?

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly I wish they would make Mystic Trees available for purchase, if you ask me the greed of mystic trees is one of the things that took this game down.

Sell Mystic Trees on store lots Please!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec... I've sold mystics at my store, so ppl are able to sell them. The problem is, is that they're untradable, which has caused alot of ppl to get scammed..

G

TTL

Hope Not!

I am positively nauseated by this latest "idea".

(((throws up on base of red simmy)))

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

I hear that Parizad and Lee talked of making mystic trees only give fruit on skill lots last night at the pub.

I hope this isn't something that's been decided on already. Those trees were anniversary gifts for staying with this game for two years, paying our monthly fees for 24 months, and now they want to switch how they work? Being forced to live in a skill lot to use them just isn't right. This, to me, is another slap in the face to all of us who bothered to stick with this game. I was completely appalled to see them thinking of selling anniversary gifts and simmies, which would completely devalue them and take away all meaning they had to start with, and now this, uggggggh I can't put into words how disgusted I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 100% against this!!!! I have played this game for 5 yrs, earned my anniversary gifts. I am sickened that now they might only work on a skill lot! This is totally wrong!!! Its an anniversary gift for Pete's sake it shouldnt be made out as only a skill object. I suppose next is the campfire and it should only work on an entertainment lot maybe the pet statues too since sims seem to enjoy viewing them.

I agree with you CG about the selling of simmies and anniversary gifts by EA. This is bull [censored] and Im sick of feeling like those of us that stayed all these years are getting shafted. EA wont be happy until they ruin everything about this game!

As for tree farmers, well if people didnt sell them the damn trees then they wouldnt have tree farms. If EA had made the trees unsellable then there would be no farms. Blame EA. Dont be all ticked off at tree farmers for finding a profitable item to sell. I see that as all part of the game and if no one likes it then they dont need to go buy the fruit from these farmers, simple as that. Yeah yeah some of them if not most of them sell their simoleans for rl money but again its EA's fault for not making all anniversary gifts non tradeable or non sellable. And if EA sells trees from their in game stores do you think there will be less tree farms or more of them? Concidering the farmers seem to have more cash than most people.

That's not a reason to now punish those of us still owning our trees by making them only work on a skill lot!

EA..you want to sell the simmies and anniversary gifts in a store? Well you know what go ahead.. you will do as you please no matter how it makes some of us feel! But here is a word of advice... Keep ticking off people with some of these stupid changes and more people are going to leave this game!

I dont want to see anymore people leave but Im afraid some will then what will we do?

G

For me it's not the material gifts such as mistic trees and nomes, for me it is the gifts that can't be measured by munny, the goodness in people's harts, and the friendships made.

These cannot be distroyed, they will live on.

S

supmar

I and my wife &lt;who cant log in here right now&gt; both agree this is total bull. Bindy is totally right in everything she says &lt;cheers&gt; WE stayed all this time, WE earned the gifts and now EA wants to sell them to just anyone that gets a new sim ? Plus they want to tell us where we have to live to use our GIFTS ? STOP trying to take what little we have been given over the years and get your butts busy making new things &lt;coughs&gt; oh and your a little behind on the gifts but if your just gonna take them back or change them, then dont bother giving them to us at all. Keep this kind of actions and talk up and you will be loosing two founder players. OH and we still have a tub that you disabled and have yet to fix. Thanks for the good work

I

imported_corpatortis

If they made the trees unsellable then in order to retain your tree you would have to keep the sim you got it with.

Then everyone would be complaining that they can't recreate blah de blah.

FYI - the first 2 years of those "5 hard earned ones" you didn't know about the trees.

IMO the game's severe decline began with DC and was turned to full steam off the tracks due to tree fruit. Who needs a skillhouse when you can just bot all night and grow fruit?

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

If they made the trees unsellable then in order to retain your tree you would have to keep the sim you got it with.

That's right they would. Im not saying that not being able to sell them or trade them is right, I wrote and I quote "Dont be all ticked off at tree farmers for finding a profitable item to sell. I see that as all part of the game and if no one likes it then they dont need to go buy the fruit from these farmers, simple as that."

FYI - the first 2 years of those "5 hard earned ones" you didn't know about the
trees.

Care to explain yourself there? I'll admit it you lost me on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with people using bots to grow their fruit or to make simoleans in the game but again that is EA's fault. Other than EA removing the trees completely the fact that some would rather get juiced instead of skill wont change anything. I dont see the trees as a down fall for the game it just changed how "some" people play the game. I suppose you are against teachers in the game as well? They have also hurt skill houses. Im not saying that they should do away with teachers either.

Back on topic, I still say making the trees work only on skill lots is wrong and surely wont do a darn thing to stop the fruit lovers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That's right they would. Im not saying that not being able to sell them or trade them is right, I wrote and I quote "Dont be all ticked off at tree farmers for finding a profitable item to sell. I see that as all part of the game and if no one likes it then they dont need to go buy the fruit from these farmers, simple as that."

trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with people using bots to grow their fruit or to make simoleans in the game but again that is EA's fault. Other than EA removing the trees completely the fact that some would rather get juiced instead of skill wont change anything. I dont see the trees as a down fall for the game it just changed how "some" people play the game. I suppose you are against teachers in the game as well? They have also hurt skill houses. Im not saying that they should do away with teachers either.

Back on topic, I still say making the trees work only on skill lots is wrong and surely wont do a darn thing to stop the fruit lovers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first two years, you had no idea about trees. They were the two year gift. Oh and another, spelling is a big part of being taken seriously.

G

TTL

Woah woah woah... Simma down, oy the hositiliaty. People, at the end of the day we are still a community, lets not go at each others throats over a debate. Honestly.

Ok. What I have to wonder is why everytime we have a discussion about anything I have to hear about somebody's life history in TSO.

Yes many of us have played a long time. I've played a long time, I know my friend Corp over there has had his account for quite some time... Many of us have invested time and money into the game.
Unfortunately that game is dead, Welcome to EALand In with the new out with the old/tired/lame.

If Im' going to continue playing a game, I would hope that the people in charge of running this game won't ruin it with the same old mistakes.

Srsly.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind teachers. Unless they got their teaching skill from eating fruit grown by botters.

Unless they were fembotters.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first two years, you had no idea about trees. They were the two year gift. Oh and another, spelling is a big part of being taken seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really??? They were?? Well hmm since Ive been around for the last 5 yrs playing this game I dont need you to tell me what I already know. What does that have to do with the fact that some of us dont want to see trees only useful on a skill lot?

As far as my spelling goes, Im not worried about people understanding what I have typed. I manage to get my point across just fine tyvm. I can find a lot of other things to not take seriously.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

Im not worried about people understanding what I have typed. I manage to get my point across just fine tyvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly

I think people just wanted to clarify that you have not infact played for 5 years solely for fruit. The most you could have played as an ode to your tree would be 3 years.. and if fruit makes or breaks your game.. IDK go buy some apples irl

B

Bindy

I don't mind teachers. Unless they got their teaching skill from eating fruit grown by botters.

Unless they were fembotters.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL cute. Well I have two sims that teach and I can assure you that every skill point they have was from hard earned skilling. Every 107 skill points worth... I only skill what I can lock.

I

imported_corpatortis

I just wanted to throw this out there.. I was a pioneer in fruit farms at least in IH and JP I didn't see anyone else doing it until long after I did. Someone even stole my roof art from JP.. in Bf. /snickers

I love trees.
Most people love trees.
Doesn't it make sense to put the things you love beside the things the game requires to keep afloat.. like, say, social aspects. re : not hanging out watching your tree grow

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Im not worried about people understanding what I have typed. I manage to get my point across just fine tyvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly

I think people just wanted to clarify that you have not infact played for 5 years solely for fruit. The most you could have played as an ode to your tree would be 3 years.. and if fruit makes or breaks your game.. IDK go buy some apples irl

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say that I have played for 5 yrs solely for fruit. Im saying that the trees should be allowed too work on all lots as they were intended as an anniversary gift!

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

I just wanted to throw this out there.. I was a pioneer in fruit farms at least in IH and JP I didn't see anyone else doing it until long after I did. Someone even stole my roof art from JP.. in Bf. /snickers

I love trees.
Most people love trees.
Doesn't it make sense to put the things you love beside the things the game requires to keep afloat.. like, say, social aspects. re : not hanging out watching your tree grow

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone sits there solely to watch their trees grow. My trees grow when I feel like opening my house to crafters or someone wants me to teach them. Also if I feel like giving away fruit to people Ive been known to do that too. All of this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

G

Couldn't of said it better myself.

But seriously guys, there is no reason to freak out. . .its just an idea, you have to brainstorm to come up with a solution thats works for the most people, I mean do you really think they would do that? Thats completely irrational but something should be done to stop all the trees hoarded into one place. But I mean, if someone wants to buy trees then its their right to to do so, and if the zillion people who earned those gifts want to sell it to them (and apparently did) well, thats their initiative as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I did not say that I have played for 5 yrs solely for fruit. Im saying that the trees should be allowed too work on all lots as they were intended as an anniversary gift!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem, you affirm yourself to know what the intentions of what something was when it was put into the game. Only the devs at the time know the true intentions. It may have been allowed on every lot, but I highly doubt that it was meant to be exploited.

It was an anniversary gift TO YOU for YOU to use. Not make millions off of selling to other people.

I am not a dev and what I have stated is my opinion.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I am incensed over this possible development. The mystic tree is an anniversary gift and not a skilling object like a bookcase or mirror. It gives a gift of a random skill point. To now restrict the tree's full benefits to sims who only live on skill lots is just plain wrong and this type of restriction would not solve the the problem of tree farms either.

If they want to kill the tree farms why not just make it so only the owner of the tree can eat the fruit.

The second issue of selling rares in an EA store I would be for. I think it would be a great money drain for the game as well as profitable for EA. I believe however you should only be able to purchase anniversary gifts that your account would be entitled to and bought gifts would have to stay with that account. The gifts could be traded between your other sims on that account but that is all.