• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures from Hythloth on Test Center.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since i haven't seen anyone else mention this, this is what i've seen spawn in Hythloth today. Imps, Hell Hounds, Gargoyles, Stone Gargoyles, Fire Gargoyles, Gazer Larvae, Gazers, Elder Gazers, Wildfire Wisps, Daemons, and Balrons...lots and lots of Balrons (including Paragon ones!).
The Gazer varieties have no Slayer, so Para EGs are going to be fun. The Wildfire Wisps are Fey Slayer, which is opposing to Demon Slayer, meaning if you have a Demon Slayer Weapon/Talisman equipped, they'll deal double melee damage to you. The Hell Hounds and Fire Gargoyles have Dragon Breath, so the Paragon varieties can easily deal 60 damage (48 with Exceptional Armored Swampy) breath attacks. The Fire Gargoyles also have a Fire Aura, so Tamers beware (no vetting near them, or they'll target switch with Aura tick). Cold Damage once again seems to be the best here.

Might want to start forming your X-Healing Warrior partnerships now to deal with the Paragon Balrons. Or at least a Tamer with a pet to tank the Para Balron as the Dexxer kills it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots of things that, do poison damage. A lot of things that mess with your casting you fail with protection on.

Most things are lowest in cold, energy, poison resist. So your demon slayer from Wildfire works. They added the wisp to oppose that slayer. The paras can smack you hard if you don't remove it.

I'll use my demon weapon and maybe make a cold fey slayer. Not sure what talisman yet. May stick with the flame because lots of hounds.

Spawn rate seems good. You can stay in a long hallway for a long time without running out of things to kill.

Stock up on petals if not a Sampire.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my Archers, how about a flame slayer - or Totem of the Tribe - talisman and using Chivalry EOO spell in place of Demon or Fey slayer and carry 100% Cold Yumi and Comp bows.? I am not fast enough to swap out talismans and would hate to get ambushed by those Paragon Wisps. My Mystic-Tamers will run in Stone Form to avoid need for orange petals and will equip high SDI spellbook and maybe Demon slayer book. The Hail storm spell does nice damage to Cold challenged mobs.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
For my Archers, how about a flame slayer - or Totem of the Tribe - talisman and using Chivalry EOO spell in place of Demon or Fey slayer and carry 100% Cold Yumi and Comp bows.? I am not fast enough to swap out talismans and would hate to get ambushed by those Paragon Wisps. My Mystic-Tamers will run in Stone Form to avoid need for orange petals and will equip high SDI spellbook and maybe Demon slayer book. The Hail storm spell does nice damage to Cold challenged mobs.
If you are fast enough to survive with EOO spell, you definitely can make macro to swap different taismans and weaps.
Archer can use vamp form and have healing. No poison and you have bandages for paragon fights. Don't forget Fey slayer counts as lesser slayer, you don't need EOO for wisps. And hit cold area. Lots of mobs will be angered this way, kill em fast.
Your mystic also can have a bow if you can run mysticism mastery.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did i mention how well a mystic bard will do in stone form running provo mastery i am tough to kill and one para gazer got me 3 drops from killin the spawn i provo onto it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the moment I am thinking on the Flame Tali just for the hounds. A Demon slayer weapon and make a Fey slayer weapon. Both cold. So all I have to do is switch weapons.

There are Fey slayer spellbooks.

Did i mention how well a mystic bard will do in stone form running provo mastery i am tough to kill and one para gazer got me 3 drops from killin the spawn i provo onto it
Tags Kyronix to show how OP Bards will be.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At the moment I am thinking on the Flame Tali just for the hounds. A Demon slayer weapon and make a Fey slayer weapon. Both cold. So all I have to do is switch weapons.

I landed on LS last night were gonna have such fun

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

have you played a Provo bard? It’s much more difficult than the typical mage/tamer or samp.
I just tried - experienced bard - not at all overpowered.
this fix has been long overdue.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
have you played a Provo bard? It’s much more difficult than the typical mage/tamer or samp.
I just tried - experienced bard - not at all overpowered.
this fix has been long overdue.
Paddy cakes is just my arch nemesis/ best friend ge really loves Bards

gwen

Slightly Crazed
OP by provoking hell hound on imp one time per 8 seconds? Or trying to provoke a para gargoyle (and fail) which can be killed in 2 swings? Or provo (if ome day you will make it after dozens failures) 2 para balrons who will fight each other like how long? forever? Or till some dexxer will arrive and kill poor buggers?
I think popps with his cold dragon will be more powerful than provo bard!
Anyway they fixed it which is good. So we can try ourselves.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OP by provoking hell hound on imp one time per 8 seconds? Or trying to provoke a para gargoyle (and fail) which can be killed in 2 swings? Or provo (if ome day you will make it after dozens failures) 2 para balrons who will fight each other like how long? forever? Or till some dexxer will arrive and kill poor buggers?
I think popps with his cold dragon will be more powerful than provo bard!
Anyway they fixed it which is good. So we can try ourselves.
You drag around a para and provoke things onto it. You kill the little stuff with your bow.