• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures from Hythloth on Test Center.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

These are test prices so ppl can get them quick.

Looks like its going to be a rerun of rewards.
Epauletts and 50% spellbooks make a return. Boots of escaping. Sterling silver ring. Mask of Khal Ankur.

New things. A demon slayer Tali:

A chest Armor:

A new Lantern for shield slot:

Some deco items

1631218531570.png

Maybe a blank lantern for Transmog.

Not sure what the torch of warding is for.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Which epaulettes? the SSI ones?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hope this is not the final reward pool. very lazy dev work there
good to get epps but was hoping for another champ area

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hope this is not the final reward pool. very last dev work there
good to get epps but was hoping for another champ area
Don't we have both coming:

Dynamic Champion Spawns
  • Adjusted reward distribution for participation and final rewards
  • Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn
  • Only players that have participated in building the spawn are eligible for the final boss reward
  • Visit the champion spawn on TC1 by accessing the moongate at the Britain Commons

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED

I asked if we could dye the new talisma and Kyronix said He will look into.
He also said that maybe for the next publish they can work on the art, so the talisma's can stay behind the torch and shields and lanterns, because as it is now, all talisma's cover the torch or lanterns.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pentagram actually does something when locked down.

It basically makes imps ignore you til you attack one. After that its completely gone and they all agro. There is no cool down timer, I was able to go back to my house and use it again immediately after.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The screenshots Cinderella posted were from our discord. You can transmog both the blank lantern and wand, we verified this with testing. There is a shield transmog clicky in britain now that you can test for yourself.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you all testing the Hythloth turn ins? Is there a clicky or are you actually doing the spawn? Cause ain't nobody got time for that.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The screenshots Cinderella posted were from our discord. You can transmog both the blank lantern and wand, we verified this with testing. There is a shield transmog clicky in britain now that you can test for yourself.
Yes but I'm wearing my transmoged top hat on test and when it went live it didn't work..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They were made for the purpose of being transmoged per kyronix.
I appreciate that but it's very frustrating for people who wanted the top hats and veils we were given the excuse that it was because they had no resistance or stat now to create something in a resistance/stat slot and allow it a slap in the face..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I appreciate that but it's very frustrating for people who wanted the top hats and veils we were given the excuse that it was because they had no resistance or stat now to create something in a resistance/stat slot and allow it a slap in the face..
Things like old lanterns cannot be transmoged either, they had to make new offhand items for the purpose of transmoging. I would love an old style lantern transmoged. The old lanterns don't have the right flags set. I understand the frustration though. I wanted a top hat for some characters also. I wouldn't call it a slap in the face however.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not
Things like old lanterns cannot be transmoged either, they had to make new offhand items for the purpose of transmoging. I would love an old style lantern transmoged. The old lanterns don't have the right flags set. I understand the frustration though. I wanted a top hat for some characters also. I wouldn't call it a slap in the face however.
Really hard to add a point of resistance to a top hat ... if they fixed so it would work with shield they can fix hats and all of us that bought the wedding package just for this purpose certainly feel slapped

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't get me wrong this is all wonderful and I appreciate the efforts our team makes just a little frustrated

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How are you all testing the Hythloth turn ins? Is there a clicky or are you actually doing the spawn? Cause ain't nobody got time for that.
They have been doing the dungeon since it went live.

But now there is a clicky and the Christmas clickys are working also.

It was funny watching players die to the para hell hounds. Even with their real toons there.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can't recall exactly how it happened but we can just blame Mervyn for calling it a bug.
So now a wand something that has always been a main hand item is a off hand item now we're gonna have duel wand wielding.....but f those top hats

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Having so many stuff for off hand they really should add Off-Hand choice to Vendor Search. And "Can be used by gargoyles" too. Or make "all races " property visible.
How can noob find if this orb is talisman or a shield?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I so wish they'd bring back useful Wands. I remember the oldschool "Cleric" template, where a Macer would run around beating people with a Wand of Lightning and spamming them with instant Lightnings. Wand of Bless/Curse would be a nice utility item for chars with no Eval, such as my Disco/Tamer. A Talisman with Teleport would be great as well.

Quite a few items i'd want from that list (Balron Bone Armor, An Bal Xen, Lord Morphius' Epaulletes [Garg], Pentagram of Demonic Forces, Relvinian's Spellbook) for my chars on two shards. Hopefully they bring back the Potion of Glorious Fortune.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now a wand something that has always been a main hand item is a off hand item now we're gonna have duel wand wielding.....but f those top hats
This ranks with the Top Hats. I wanted this to work as a Shield target. It goes in the shield hand. And it has a stat.

1631251582124.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hopefully they bring back the Potion of Glorious Fortune.
Hope that this Potion will never reappear in the store. I hate Pay-To-Win games.
And I really appreciate that they decided to make money on skins and transmogs rather fortune potions.
I will like if this potion will be available in game via some complicated quest. Kinda same as Yukio one but in different fel dungeons (where you cannot recall to script it). Or for killing each peerless or each of ML named monsters. Or Slasher of Veils /Night Terror drop. Or Lost and found rare reward, haha! But not in UO store.

Last edited:

foos

Adventurer
Per patch notes the treasure spawn should behave more like a champion spawn. How is the spawn rate in there?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I asked if we could dye the new talisma and Kyronix said He will look into.
He also said that maybe for the next publish they can work on the art, so the talisma's can stay behind the torch and shields and lanterns, because as it is now, all talisma's cover the torch or lanterns.
I would ask if they could make it a bit smaller too....that thing is bigger then your head! That's a bit ridiculous! It goes over the border of the paperdoll :/ geesh.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for testing and sharing your comments! And thank you to uo-cah.com for always having the latest overview on upcoming events - one stop shopping :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Actually I opened Violets paperdoll and was cropping it on my screen
while she was dying the lantern, using my dyes from Sonoma
and she actually dyed the lantern with the dully ruby natural dye
that I asked her to use on the "torch" as I called it
but she used it on the lantern

(I didn't ask her to use it on the lantern, because I already knew what it looked like
because I had just done it myself)

I was wanting to see the wand with that color

(this was before they put out the clicky, to get the objects
& for some reason she could pick the unlimited amount of the rewards before that)

==========

but you are right
I should have asked her permission before I cropped her paperdoll.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Lantern of Protection
1631284313112.png

1631284557525.png

once collected you can use natural dyes on it
then you can use shield transmog potion on it

1631284394336.png
I love how this goes with my outfit
(it is unlit in this pic)

1631284443994.png (lit)

1631284461608.png

(after transmog potion used on it, you can use pigments)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1631284504368.png
wand of warding
1631284647015.png

You can dye this with natural dyes right away

1631284704109.png

or wait until after transmog & use pigments

1631284845963.png

I am so looking forward to when this goes live.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 122054
wand of warding
View attachment 122056

You can dye this with natural dyes right away

View attachment 122057

or wait until after transmog & use pigments

View attachment 122058

I am so looking forward to when this goes live.
If people don't know, the pumpkin head is a light source. In a dungeon it casts a light circle around you even with night sight on.

Can you check if these objects do that? Thanks

And the pumpkin head is centered on you. Are these centered or offset.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
You all need to email them and ask them to make the talisma goes into the back, as per right now , you cant see the torch or anything bc the talisma overlap.
I agree with @Larisa, that thing is too big and you cant even dye, since this still into Test, i think they can work on the size and colors, as long as more people contact them.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope that this Potion will never reappear in the store. I hate Pay-To-Win games.
And I really appreciate that they decided to make money on skins and transmogs rather fortune potions.
I will like if this potion will be available in game via some complicated quest. Kinda same as Yukio one but in different fel dungeons (where you cannot recall to script it). Or for killing each peerless or each of ML named monsters. Or Slasher of Veils /Night Terror drop. Or Lost and found rare reward, haha! But not in UO store.
Honestly, for people like me who have more money than time currently, the Potion of Glorious Fortune was great. The Potion's accelerated drop rate allows me to earn the points i need for all the Rewards i want, instead of having to buy the rewards from a third party site (good luck finding a Mark of Wildfire or Solaria's Secret Poisons for sale on a dead shard). Rather that $$$ go to UO.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Pawain , they heard you on off forum and added gargish balron breastplate.
Will be good if they will change it to arms or neck piece. Gargs have only one thing with SSI : berserker breastplate. Human/elves have many different slot items.
While for my human this armor will be decent upgrade from Valkyrie Bronzed, my gargs will have really tough choice.

Also one more question : can you parry with new orb or lantern? Ordinary (non -transmoggable) ones do not parry but also does not reduce gargish thrower hit chance. I want shield stats but I don't want to invest points in parry to do this (mages and warriors can do this) .
Same about Ninjitsu focus attack. It cannot be done with shield. What about orb or lantern?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't use the berserker breast plate so I'd have to look at my garg. His original design is Thrower/Mystic Mage.
I changed him to mystic thrower in Wildfire. He turned to a Chiv Macer in Deceit. So not sure what he will be in Hythloth. If there is a lot of spawn I'd go Chiv/Macer with a whip.

So I would have to see if he would use the Garg Breast.
Also they may make them Antique so I'll wait till they are on Prodo to get excited.

Neck piece is next for a nice item I hope. All races could use a piece there.

No you can not use Focus attack with the lantern or orb. They are actual shields, That's why we can not transmog candles and lanterns, they are not shields.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't use the berserker breast plate so I'd have to look at my garg. His original design is Thrower/Mystic Mage.
I changed him to mystic thrower in Wildfire. He turned to a Chiv Macer in Deceit. So not sure what he will be in Hythloth. If there is a lot of spawn I'd go Chiv/Macer with a whip.

So I would have to see if he would use the Garg Breast.
Also they may make them Antique so I'll wait till they are on Prodo to get excited.

Neck piece is next for a nice item I hope. All races could use a piece there.

No you can not use Focus attack with the lantern or orb. They are actual shields, That's why we can not transmog candles and lanterns, they are not shields.
So they are shields that aren't shields with no stats or resistance but they are ok because they are not top hats? @Kyronix