• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasurehunting: Give me an incentive...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, thanks for the runic change...

I used to do t-maps for leather LRC and MR 2 armor, then compile LRC and Mana Regen suits and sell them off, plus I sold the rare occassional good piece of jewelry or weapon (very rare)...

So now that we can create LRC / MR suits with spined runic kits with relative ease, and craft uber weapons with bronze runic hammers, is the dev team planning on changing something to t-chests in some other way?...

Give me something. I don't care what. Brainstorm about it. Putting armor and weapons in a t-chest (or monster corpses for that matter) is a waste of my time now...

We've switched from relative balance (Start to Post Ren) to Monster Uber Loot with Crap Crafter stuff (ML Quest Item period to Pre Runic Change) to Crafted Uber stuff to Crap Monster Loot (Now)...

I guess this post is bigger than treasurehunting alone, but it's what I mainly do, so I'm fixating...

*prepares a sacrificial offering of a sheep in front of a Leurocian statue*

D

DrMcguilicudy

I like the trade in stuff. IE each chest would contain an item that is sorta useful, but you can trade in. Each chest would have so many point value, IE level 1's would have a small item to trade.

Trade a bunch in to get a better item, collect those items to get better items.

Vary the items all the time, don't let them rot like the Ilshenar Marties.

G

I'd like to see a large decrease in quantity and a small boost in quality of monster loot.

However, I also want crafted items to be better than monster looted items, so that crafters have a purpose.

I

imported_Nestorius

I'm sure a loot bump will be coming out soon as they finish this new round of item property inflation. Not that I mind the inflation, its been a few years.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T Hunting has two main dislikes for me:

-> Scrolls
-> Too many crappy items

If it is a 'treasure' chest it should have good things in it.

Why go through the bother to bury/hide a weapon with UBWS only on it?

My proposal:

1 - Remove all scrolls
2 - Reduce loot to 5 weapon/armor/jewels for low level and 20 for 6th level
3 - Mods on items should be similar to the max loot for the creatures that spawn. IE Level 6 should have high level (max mod 100% intensity) items found on ancient wyrms
4 - Introduce more 'tmap only' loot even if its just deco stuff. The candelabra is an example. Its an ok deco item and holds *some* value due to the fact you can only get through t-hunting.

That would be better. I hate sorting through so much junk and scrolls. Alot of times I grab the gold, mouse over a few items,and then remove the chest.

S

Smokin

Hmm how about something like this.

Ok all chest will give a item with a rarity level compared to the chest, three different types of items can be found.

One being a fossil that can be traded in at the Zoo for points, another would be an antique tool or weapon which the Museum will take and the final one would be a lost scroll of course the Library wants it. Can be used on all collectors at Library.

Point levels could be something like level 1 chest 500 points 2 be a 1000 3, 1500 and so on up to level 6 being 3000 points.

What you think, maybe the points could be adjusted a bit but its not that bad of an idea is it?

U

_Uriah Heep_

Me too!!

Selling to scrolls and jewels will net ya as much as the chest gps.
And peeps want them to quit spawning?

G

Anyone tried a lvl 6 now that the Ancient Wyrms have spent some quality time with Roger Clemens trainer?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I'd like to see a large decrease in quantity and a small boost in quality of monster loot.

However, I also want crafted items to be better than monster looted items, so that crafters have a purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

I also think they should spawn a powerscroll in every level 5 and level 6 chest. It should be maybe an 50% chance 105, 40% chance 110, and 10% chance 120.

All artifacts should have a small chance to spawn in a chest.

G

Please forgive my bad english.

But there is a time for a change in the loot who are more up to date whit current UO.

The loot in the chest should hold value of to days counting.
Remove old loot and replace it whit
1 gold
2 gems
3 coulerd resources (such as leather, ingots and wood)
4 artifact crafting resources
5 fragment of a tresure pile. small comes in 4 fragments and large in 6

Same goes for fishing. The only addition would be fragment of a ship flag.
4 fragment on a flag to have in the back and 6 fragments for a pirate flag to have on top of the boat.

I

imported_Ozymandies

I agree with most of the ideas here about rare and unique items for t-chests.

Another idea: turn in the wands to get a Wand of Treasure Finding

bumps t-chest to next level, chest respawns with new guards (?)

level 7 chests with champion-like guardians.

OZ

F

Fayled Dhreams

hehehe ... funny ...
oh! I get what your asking for ...what ya want ...
Loot Tables for ALL lootable spawn containers ... have long needed an overhaul/re-assessment ...
/signed

It just struck me as funny the way ya phrased it ...
Basically ...
"Why did, whoever buried this treasure, NOT put something of value in it For Me ... "

how come a "book" and not a laptop with dual-core+wi-fi ?

hehehehe ... anyways ..

there's a good foundation in place to add improvements to ...
"Level's" are in place, via map rateings ...
Start "chaining" a series of maps ...scavenger hunt style ... together
Instead of just decode map recall to spot slay monsters pick chest loot and next ...
Dig up the chest ... slay the monsters ... pick the chest... and
up jumps an NPC ghost ...
with yet another map ... a riddle, a different quest chain ...

Ya know ... something to break the monotonous repetitivenes of the hundreth same chest same location same loot same same same

G

<blockquote><hr>

I take everything in the chest that smelts or sells. The only thing that gets left behind is the silver jewelry, and the bone armor.

Everything else gets sold or smelted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too! I take the bone armour too, some of it seems to recycle into leather in the salvage bags - it recycles into something anyway, cos it dissappears out of there!

B

Babble

It would be nice to get something new with treasurechests.

Some named weapons?
Unwashed clothing?
Named Gems?
Cursed Artefacts, that if you equipp them all your stats/skills are halfed for thirty minutes and you look like a skeleton (maybe disney would sue that) or a mongbat then?

It cannot be so hard to come up with a few things.
If you are that unimaginative just start a contest on a fan website and let your player base do it.

P

Paris_Hilton

I don't actually treasure hunt but I have a GM fisherwoman on Atlantic (just don't play there anymore) who used to fish up chests of treasure and I always thought (and still do) that it'd be great if treasure chests had just a tiny little chance of containing something of great value, like a charger of the fallen, ornament of the magician, etc.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leurocian...

Could you let me know how many sheeps I'd need to sacrifice for an appearance? And how many for an open invitation for a discussion on the t-hunter's forum? PM me if you don't want the number to become public...

G

I like treasure hunting as a quick little encounter, just for the fun of it even if the loot was weak, but it would be nice if there were some "antiques" or "puzzle pieces" to be found (there have been lots of lists of ideas posted over the years, some easier to implement than others).

Unfortunately, I've just never gotten back into it since KR. I was quite dependent on the rune library I had built up and with the change in maps, I found I couldn't tell which rune to use any more. Oh, I could probably adapt, but I just haven't put the effort into it yet.

N

Nerf-Herder

At a minimum, any luck worn by the digger should influence the intensities of items in the chest.

G

It shouldent be hard to ad treasure pile fragment who can be turned in to a treasure pile. There is already to 2 versions of the treasure pile.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We certainly got that. I'm sorry I don't have a pic, but last night I was goofing with a horned runic, and spined leather, and on my 3rd attempt I think, trying to improve my luck suit, I got 140 luck, 20 LRC, and I believe 42 total resists? I have yet to come across a 100 luck 20 LRC anything in a chest or loot, nor even close to the unenhanced resists.

G

Yes, but treasure loot shouldn't be competing directly with craftables or we'll be an endless power inflation spiral.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yes, but treasure loot shouldn't be competing directly with craftables or we'll be an endless power inflation spiral.

[/ QUOTE ]Fully agree...

I'd like to see a 200 invested skillpoints (300 for siegers) worthy reward. I love t-hunting. I would like to see it be more random, as in "no fixed locations" (not loot wise, as if it could be any more random, lol), and I'd love to discuss rewards or thoughts with the devs...

Give us a call, we got a forum, and we've also had a long loveless time. Valentine snuggles are nice, but I'd like to see something more constructive, more... rewarding!...

G

at a minimum, how about a title option for t-hunters?

Raider of Lost Treasures
Plunderer of Antiquities
etc...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leurocian,

What would be the best way for me to atleast get my concerns for t-hunting known to you? You've set your Stratics account to "not accept private messages". I can't see any other way besides bumping this thread up...

There are so little t-hunters left that it appears I won't be able to cause a bit of a stir regarding our skill. A lot of people I knew who regulary dug up t-chests say they have the skills soulstoned because the loot is bad and not worth the effort...

With the increase in skills which AW's received, hunting level 6 t-maps has become a drag, instead of a challenge. People see it as a drag because of the low chance of getting something nice from a chest...

It has gotten to the point where maps are tossed instead of kept and completed, and people giving up on t-hunting all together. How can we stop the constant decay of the skill I love?...

Please... reply...

G

I agree, treasure hunting needs to be looked at.

I have tossed level 5 maps away simply because the loot isn't worth the time to dig it up and they sell on vendors for very low amounts if they sell at all. Worthless to turn in for points when they seem to decay faster than you can get maps. Even the level 6's aren't worth the time to do.. the amount of time to kill all the spawn (especially with the changes to AW's) to get an artie that is usually worth less than 1k is frustrating... heck, with the exception of a couple of the rarer ones most paragon arties are now worth less than 5k. The only time I do level 6's now is to get a blackrock chest off of creatures when possible.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't know if it already got said but isn't the incentive to treasure hunting... well erm... the treasure?

I haven't treasure hunted in years, mainly as I no longer have one. From what I remember the loot was usually dissapointing, the only thing that made it slightly more intresting than normal monster farming was that you didn't know which monster was coming.

What if the chest had the chance to randomly spawn anything from the game? Such as a peerless boss or something? Level 6's are all on islands right? (I'm only talking about lvl 6's btw)

G

Assia would you save those maps for me? I still do maps on a regular basis. I would love a title for treasure hunting. How better to let players know what you do for a living? One improvement could be to lessen the number of wands in the chests. I actually had a lvl 5 map last night that broke a pick and made picking the lock take some time. That hadn't happened in a while.

S

Sees Far

Have a small chance, maybe 1 in 100, that a lvl 6 map will be something special. As you decipher the map, a chill comes over you as you realize that you have discovered the whereabouts of the famed treasure of Norman Jablonsky and his undead minions... Of course, you UO lore buffs can come up with a better name for poor old Norman, but he will be a peerless boss level individual, and will give up righteous loot.

AND FURTHERMORE...

1 in 10,000 of these maps may have the possibility of producing a pack-drop when you kill the boss that will be redeemable for a real-life goodie, such as a monster gaming PC. Oh, I can hear the moans now - BUT, do this in coordination with a marketing and advertising push for UO, get some copies onto the store shelves, get some free press for the unusual nature of the promotion, and get some NEW PLAYERS into the game. I will endure a violation of my purist sensibilities for this type of reward - NO not the free PC, the new players - we really need them. Y'all are getting that inbred look about ya...

I know that wishing for EA to give our game some marketing love might be asking too mu.........oh, look! A monkey flew out of my butt!

G

T-Map chests and SOS chests should be retooled into various "themes" instead of a random assortment of scrollsm gems and magic (supposedly) items.

Maybe one batch will have some crafters tools and resources (varying batches of existing resources, and a small chance for new "rare" resources)

Maybe one would be filled with exotic goods (again common to rare items, mostly decorative)

Maybe one could be filled with new types of foods and ingredients for foods and potions for new abilities or mods or effects

The list goes on, but I think you get the idea.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
replace scrolls with lesser peerless ingredients.
add in a chance for lesser tot

Ps
help out Sos chest too.

G

~signed, I like the idea, I T-hunt a fair amount and it is barely worth the loot, more for the fun.

N

nickdafunk

My Locks and Cartography have been stoned for months. Would be great to see a change in the loot that would maybe make it worthwhile for a group of people to go do these maps as originally intended.

If its not worthwhile for 1 person to do it, there's got to be something wrong.

Perhaps changing the title of this thread might get Leurocian's attention, address it to him directly and see if you get any joy that way.

D

DrMcguilicudy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I take everything in the chest that smelts or sells. The only thing that gets left behind is the silver jewelry, and the bone armor.

Everything else gets sold or smelted.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't trash the bone armour - fill those bone bods!! Take a few normal bone leather bods with you in a bod book *winks*

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I never thought of that. Holy Schnikes. Good idea.

G

The biggest issue as I see it with Treasure/SOS chest loot.

When TMaps and SOSs were introduced, it was a time in the game when you had a CHANCE of getting A magic item off of any given creature. You MIGHT get lucky at times and get a second item, but generally you MIGHT get ONE and more often than not, it was gold, a few other random items, and that was it (I could go further back into early 1998 with the bag weirdness of nested bags and knowing when you got to the "final" one and so on but that's more for a history thread).

So when TMaps and SOSs came out, they added the dimension of being able to get a cache of magic items (some may be keepable, most weren't).

Since AOS, creature loot is now not entirely unlike a TMap chest in the first place and generally faster to obtain. Again, most of it isn't worth keeping, but the distribution of magic items has been thrown so wide open that the standard treasure chest simply isn't worth the effort compared to simply PvMing or crafting.

Thus why I believe that the days of the old style chest are pretty much done and they need to be swapped to a mix of themes which are chosen at random.

Basically the die rolls would go something like this:

Roll 0: Determine map Level
Roll 1: Choose Chest Theme
Roll 2: Determine Common Items
Roll 3: Determine Uncommon Items
Roll 4: Determine Possibility for Rare item(s)
Roll 5: Determine Rare Item(s)

The way monster loot works right now makes treasure maps and SOSs generally a pointless endeavor for a lot of people.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want to know what I would like added to treasure hunting?

You've dug up the secret cache of Sledge Ironhammer. (Found a catch of ingots, blacksmithing items, maybe NAMED items (arty quality), maybe a named hammer that gave aggy runic quality weapons and a +30 smithing bonus.)

Make it so this happens rarely. Every one in a hundred or so. Make it just like the doom system. The more chests you dig up, the better chance you have of finding a cache the next time around. After all, thats one less spot to dig if you don't find it, youll only have better chances.

As for regular loot. Bump it up to 50-100% intensity, like a shadow runic, minimum 2 mods max 5 mods. Would give us quite a bit of junk still, but even the junk would be usuable. Say, a 12 LRC sleeves piece with 1 MR, and no resists, would not be used by me, but maybe some noob might need it.

Opinions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

is the dev team planning on changing something to t-chests in some other way?...

[/ QUOTE ]

A monster balance/loot pass (including treasure hunting/fishing/etc.) is definitely something I'd like to see us do sooner rather than later, and I know I'm not the only one on the team that wants to see this *looks at Jeremy especially*.

(no promises)

This particular topic has came up frequently this past week. I have proposed budgeting time for this, we'll see what we can do. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, feel free to discuss your thoughts on this, and if you happen to come to the Jacksonville Townhall this weekend, talk to me in person

G

Still deciding on Jax. I live a bit south of Tampa, so Mapquest is pegging it at about 4 hours (which with the I-4 corridor can be anywhere from 3.25 to 15 hours depending on stupidity of traffic, random 18+ car pileups and whatnot) one way, plus the cost of gas to get up there.

I want to go, but it's on that cusp of feasibility.

G

<blockquote><hr>

At a minimum, any luck worn by the digger should influence the intensities of items in the chest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely should have some effect.

Its gotten insane on tmaps lately, I've gone through Level 4 and 5 chests and found NOTHING that was worth keeping or enhancing.

But here's some of my thoughts off the cuff.

1. Themed chests. Let the monsters and the loot match up in some way. I mean Ogre Lords and Liches on one chest? Make it so there is a chance for a "named" slayer weapon in each chest and the spawn matches that. I mean would make sense in some vague way if undead were hiding a weapon that they couldn't destroy but was dangerous to them. They would certainly fight to keep it away from adventurers.

2. Random quests. Perhaps there is some long lost heirloom in the chest that needs to be returned to some poor noble family that if returned sends you on a quest to find them with a really neat reward. Perhaps a sash that states "Friend of the Garbonzo family of Nu'Jelm" (that might be a bit lame but keep in mind I just got home from work and haven't had a chance to get into the rum yet)

3. High Level chests should be High Risk. Much as I hate to admit it, doing a Level 6 chest with 2 people simply -Should - Not - Be - Possible. I know that will cause whining, but really it should be hard very hard to do them.

4. Tie some into the Community quests. Like the Museum or the library.

*goes off to find the rum*

G

Thanks Leurocian for replying..... I know I've mentioned dozens of times that I would very, very much like to see more stuff and better things in the T-hunting loot.... that includes the MIB chests.... THey are lacking ML loot as well as some SE loot. I would like to see both those sorts of things added... I would also like to see some of the ML Arti's in the chests. I also want the scrolls and gems left in there those are as good as gold..... Though a few less scrolls would be ok... also... I think some more "unique" treasure in there would be great ..... ingredients maybe some of the mining type gems.... would be good as well ..... LOVE the idea of having pieces of the treasure piles in there... Collect them all to get piles of treasure.... that would be Awesome..... especially for us nuts who love to deco.. I would love to see more deco items in the chests. It could be a rare chance to get them but a chance just the same is good.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm how about something like this.

Ok all chest will give a item with a rarity level compared to the chest, three different types of items can be found.

One being a fossil that can be traded in at the Zoo for points, another would be an antique tool or weapon which the Museum will take and the final one would be a lost scroll of course the Library wants it. Can be used on all collectors at Library.

Point levels could be something like level 1 chest 500 points 2 be a 1000 3, 1500 and so on up to level 6 being 3000 points.

What you think, maybe the points could be adjusted a bit but its not that bad of an idea is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say, I really like this idea, yes probably look at the points given, and even if every chest did not contains said item, but every 3rd or 4th chest, that would be GREAT!

I turn my completed maps into the Library for points, and the T-hunters have to be the absolute worst/slowest to accumunate points. I mean come on, Dragon scales are 20 points per, frost and bloodwwod 48 and 24 respectivly and Valorite 36 or something along those lines. Maps are 5 to 20 points? and it is not like you can easily go farm maps, compared to Dragon scales or Ore.

I would love to see the low end loot and scrolls reduced, as a proir poster said, it is a treasure chest, it was buried because it had someting of value in it, or something along those lines.

Perhaps a point system like Doom and ToT, to find a "rare" or Special loot item, something that ohnly T-hunters cound get. There have been several great suggestions for deco items or even VERY rare chances at items already in game, like arties or ToT items, after all those would be worthy of hiding in a treasure chest. It could be a point system where you got only a few points for lvl 1 chests and the most for lvl 6, maybe 1 - 6 points and when you had accumulated 250 points you would start to have a chance at the "special" drop.

Oh, also love the idea of themed chest, hew, why not?

G

I think that there should be a general template of loot distribution in each major system of UO, whether its treasure chests, dungeons, etc that includes a number of things:

- some gold (a base income when all else fails)
- some crafting components, (hides, bones, reagents, etc)
- consumables (potions, fishing nets, keys)
- collectible decoration/artifact sets (common/uncommon/rare)
- something dated in some way (eg: such as age-labled parrots, or some item that drops in a different shade each month)
- rare character development reward (powerscrollish thing, title, recipe)

Everything needs a sink, so all items should either be salvageable, consumable or donatable to a community collection (I think fishing loot is very cool, but there's a finite market for conch shells).

I know some people would prefer fewer, better item drops, but I myself tend to like the feel of "hunting through the junk" - especially if there are uncommon unusual items mixed in like set items, or mystic weapons. I would enjoy seeing a slight difference in what drops in different dungeons or different facets rather than just by-creature loot. However, I feel there also needs to be something that makes loot distinctly different from craftables (I don't know what that might be, just something that avoids an inflation spiral by pitting them against each other).

I think there should also be a way for a character to specialize, getting a luck-like boost for either from having a particular secondary skill or (to avoid soulstones) a particular proficiency (oops, proficiencies never happened). Not a huge boost, just enough to give that feeling of developing into a specialist.

(hmm ... that turned out far more ambitious a set of ideas than just a loot tweak ... sorry about that)

G

Bump, Is there no one else out there that would dust off, or even make a Treasure Hunter if some updating were done?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

A monster balance/loot pass (including treasure hunting/fishing/etc.) is definitely something I'd like to see us do sooner rather than later, and I know I'm not the only one on the team that wants to see this *looks at Jeremy especially*.

[/ QUOTE ]Awesome, thanks for the reply. If you and Jeremy both t-hunt or fish, then you'd both know that both skills have lacked content for ages. The very last update we've had was the slight loot bump and the adding of level 6 t-maps, and that was your change, during Marty implementation. I can't even remember how long ago that was...

I would urge you to lobby for not just a loot bump, but real content. There's so much stuff that could be done with both skills. Themes, deco, special items, things that are usefull for not only t-hunters but PvP'ing, like special fish having a way longer timer and stat boost, like they once had before AoS (short period)...

<blockquote><hr>

(no promises)

[/ QUOTE ]But ofcourse!... "Soon™" comes to mind...

<blockquote><hr>

This particular topic has came up frequently this past week. I have proposed budgeting time for this, we'll see what we can do. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, feel free to discuss your thoughts on this, and if you happen to come to the Jacksonville Townhall this weekend, talk to me in person

[/ QUOTE ]I live in the Netherlands, I can't attend US town halls, but I would like to invite you to the t-hunting board and start a brainstorming session there. You know the inside outs on the t-hunting code, and the possibilities of the client...

Hoping to see you there!...

G

I hope the sacrificial sheep didn't persuade Leurocian to reply, poor sheepies will go extinct if all the UHallers try that!

I don't dig thunts personally, but I'd love to feel compelled to train a thunter
Thunts were fun as group activities in my day, but it feels like the loot got left behind as more monsters spawned this arty, that ingredient etc etc.

I know fishing has had additions, but it would be amazing if instead of assorted "get anywhere" loot, we got a chest with items that only came from thunting, and the fishing ones only came out the sea. And some shared items.

I would love it if fishing MIBs came in 5 levels too and with more frequent MIBs (to tie in with my first loot suggestion below)

Treasure chests (Also offered in fishing chests as plundered pirate loot)

"Here be the loot of Sammy Sneak, infamous burglar!"
or
"Pirate loot plundered from the town of Skara Brae, by Blackheart's gang" for example
Depending which level of map you dug, you'd get a different collection spawning as the burglar/pirate's loot.
- silverware, decanters, fine jewellery (different to the magic stuff), first edition books, fine artwork, sculptures and vases etc etc.

I think it would be better that thunters/fishers wouldn't know "oh it's level 5, that's what I'll get" so there are different level items but you don't know exactly which will spawn. I think I'd always prefer the RNG generated loot for that wee surprise!

Archaeology chests

Only available to treasure hunters.

I'm not sure whether maps should all look the same till decoded or indicate that they're archaeology chests?

Inside these would be items particular to a race, or a group of people in our history. I'd love to have the kind of sculptures a meer would make for example, some wall paintings that the savages made on a tent or cave. Things like that. Old spearheads. You name it.

Perhaps the guardians of these items could be themed too

In both those chests, I think it's nice to have some items that could be equipped, but not the sort which would have properties that are damaging. Either very basic mods or just fun things. Like earrings that you can see clearly, which are funky. Outer garments that fit over armour and look cool. What about some stunning dresses even?

Possible Thunter/fisher quests

Joe has been robbed. The bandits who stole his goods have hidden them in their camp. You kill the bandits (up to executioner level perhaps?) then uncover some resources. Resources vary depending on the quest level. I'd love to see some peerless stuff in the high level chests personally. Especially if this allowed some which don't spawn in Fel, to spawn in the highest level chests.

Now, to have different offered quests you can refuse because they give the wrong item, or randomise them so you don't know? I'm not sure there

Fishing

As above there would be a pirate's plunder chest type, with those goodies pirates love.

You could also get a different resource set that came from vessels which had sunk during the transportation of goods

Fishing specific chests - sunk merchant vessels

Imagine the scene, ships criss-crossing the world, trading in the most sumptuous fabrics, spices, amazing works of art, jewellery and all those items that historically RL people might have traded for in history.

These would be similar to the archaeology chests, in that they represent particular people from one area, for example. But the loot would be specific to fishing only.

Other fishing suggestions

Can I also make one request which is a bit silly. When I look at my fisher's aquarium, rather than having to double click to see static images of each fish, can those be animated, and (better still) the tank in our house - can we get say a standard animated image for that too? I'd so love to have a tank that looked like it had live fish in it, rather than a blue box! Oh and if you've killed fish, they float to the top

Perhaps also drop the price of the aquarium bits, or make some craftables?

I know there is probably more I could think of, but I'll stop before I hit novel length hehe.

Wenchy

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blinks*

Hey! Aren't you an old vet from a long time ago and a galaxy far far away? My last brain cell remembers it thinks.

My bad if you've been posting for awhile but this is the first I've seen that name.

In a looong time.

*looks at reg date*

Yep, your old. Welcome back.

G

As there is a system in place for champ spawn titles I would hope it wouldn't be that hard to make changes for a treasure hunter title. Mibs really need something as does the map chest loot. Just updating it would be a big step forward. Themed chests sound really good. Any chance we could buy different boats? A nice cabin crusier I could stay on would be really nice.

M

MYUO

Upgrading treasure hunting has great potential in UO. It is a mini-game itself and can be enjoyed solo and/or by a group of players. The possibility is endless - a multi layered quest system, a building block of an event arc, one of the ways to get certain resources... The key is to make it interesting, not necessarily limited to competing against crafting and pvm for equipments.

Alstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Anyone tried a lvl 6 now that the Ancient Wyrms have spent some quality time with Roger Clemens trainer?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl you made my day