• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure of Fey Destard spawn

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Of course there's "content." I'm talking about good content that is supposed to keep the game from being just the same old thing.
Ok. my subscription tells developers that I think this game and content is OK. I have 2 subbed ones . I technically can sub more but playing with more than 1 window make me feel it is more work then game. Now I have reader parked in the city while I do dungeon. Cannot imagine what type of content will make me feel excited and willing to use 3+ subbed accounts at the same time.

That's fine for you. For many others like me, that's called wasting time.

It is all called playing. Some are do bank sitting. On Asuka people kill turtle spawn every day. I don't like spawn and rewards but it is not wasting it is playing and socializing.

if we're to be running around like this, the drop rates need to be turned up

You mean make rewards cheaper so no need to spend so much efforts ? I think 50SDI spell book should be hard to get . Like it is now .Same as new quiver / wings. They are all powerful end game artifacts. They should be hard to get. Their current price reflects how sought after they are.

For tuning I only have one suggestion : increase drop chances according to how long that mob stayed alive , f devs will fix mobs spawn on walls.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread is hilarious...screenshots of people with 3k + eggs, and comments from people complaining about scripters and no eggs to steal. And no I'm not pointing fingers, but if I were, it would be a great big finger with a big gnarly dirty nail...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This thread is hilarious...screenshots of people with 3k + eggs, and comments from people complaining about scripters and no eggs to steal. And no I'm not pointing fingers, but if I were, it would be a great big finger with a big gnarly dirty nail...
It's been out for months. I could have had a collection multiple times over and if I scripted, I'd tell you.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had just started hoarding eggs because I knew with my luck it would take A LOT to get all the rare things I needed. I STILL need that darn blaze parrot!!!!!

BUT thanks to my weird behavior, I had lots of eggs to start turning in for ingots.

Yes, even on Origin NOW people are egg hunting like crazy now that people know they are worth something lol.

I did finally get all 2600 eggs turned in and started collecting again, am up to 750 this round. We still have a few months so I don't know why people are freaking out...ya'll have plenty of time.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had just started hoarding eggs because I knew with my luck it would take A LOT to get all the rare things I needed. I STILL need that darn blaze parrot!!!!!

BUT thanks to my weird behavior, I had lots of eggs to start turning in for ingots.

Yes, even on Origin NOW people are egg hunting like crazy now that people know they are worth something lol.

I did finally get all 2600 eggs turned in and started collecting again, am up to 750 this round. We still have a few months so I don't know why people are freaking out...ya'll have plenty of time.
If you gathered 100 eggs a day, which for me takes an hour and a half, you'd just be barely be able to get both spellbooks. For gaming and specifically doing that content an hour a day. UO isn't my part-time job.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO isn't my part-time job.
I'm glad UO does not spy on my hours.

1652322286585.png

I have been working full time these last 4 weeks but I am finished with prepping for Summer. So, Ill have more time to play soon. The 12 hr rating on the Serta IComfort chair is real!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you gathered 100 eggs a day, which for me takes an hour and a half, you'd just be barely be able to get both spellbooks. For gaming and specifically doing that content an hour a day. UO isn't my part-time job.
Are you after the name and color or just the spellbook? Invasion spellbooks are same stats but you can find them much cheaper. Spellbooks were always expensive in Treasures events, more of a luxury achievement item.

Great game. Have the board game with all the expansions.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you after the name and color or just the spellbook? Invasion spellbooks are same stats but you can find them much cheaper. Spellbooks were always expensive in Treasures events, more of a luxury achievement item.

I just like to collect things. I gave everything I got so far to a friend that was on vacation while the Artio spawn part was up. Ideally I think everyone should be able to get one of every item in events while playing about 10 hours a week. That'd be the sweet spot in my opinion and perfect world.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
do more then 100 a day!

Or spend that hour and a half dying over and over in the dungeon and get no drops..up to you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Steam just got the European expansion. I gave my Daughter the game at Christmas and they bought the European expansion. We will be playing the board game this weekend together Son, Daughter and their SOs.

We think there should be an Australian expansion. Some cool birds. PS Looks like Oceana expansion stole our idea. :)

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok. my subscription tells developers that I think this game and content is OK. I have 2 subbed ones . I technically can sub more but playing with more than 1 window make me feel it is more work then game. Now I have reader parked in the city while I do dungeon. Cannot imagine what type of content will make me feel excited and willing to use 3+ subbed accounts at the same time.
There are people who subscribed to CNN+, too. Do you understand the point that any individual player's subscription(s) doesn't matter, and it's the aggregate?

It is all called playing. Some are do bank sitting. On Asuka people kill turtle spawn every day. I don't like spawn and rewards but it is not wasting it is playing and socializing.
And yet there are people who would really like new dungeon scenarios to not be a waste of time, because they're supposed to be new and fresh content.

My friend and I killed a lot of plunder beacons. I wanted to get 125 triton statues, just to say I had collected a bag full, but I got bored after 70 and stopped at 77. There are only so many spawns that keep people's interest. There's only so much crafting. There's even only so much bank sitting.

You mean make rewards cheaper so no need to spend so much efforts ? I think 50SDI spell book should be hard to get . Like it is now .Same as new quiver / wings. They are all powerful end game artifacts. They should be hard to get. Their current price reflects how sought after they are.
For tuning I only have one suggestion : increase drop chances according to how long that mob stayed alive , f devs will fix mobs spawn on walls.[/QUOTE]

I said nothing about the rewards themselves, only the drop rate (nerfed just like Team BS and their predecessors like to do). Do you understand?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've found Zog to not be worth talking to. He wouldn't know fun if it slapped him in the face. He thinks he's really smart, which he might be, but he touts his dumb opinions as fact. Best to just ignore and move on unless you like reading popps-esque novels about how much smarter than you he is and how that somehow makes his dumb opinions valid. It's always better to roll your eyes and walk away with this guy.
So sayeth the one who understands statistics so infinitesimally that you think ping times have effect on event probability.

If you can't read and respond beyond bi-syllabic words, by all means, move on. Of course the mods will give you and others a pass on veiled insults, so you have that luxury.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Wildfire one? I don't have a spare of it tho. I don't know why they did not include the current event color.
1652324164568.png

Hue 2758 is the one I still need.

1652324264081.png

Haven't put down the last 2 butterflies because I got them on ATLANTIC! *sighs*

1652324330617.png

I don't want to know how many eggs I have collected and turned in...VERY thankful that they put those in and that it's MONTHS long!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1652324494673.png

100 eggs in each backpack....so up to 800 now...shouldn't take you an hour and a half to get 100 but I guess it depends on shard/amount of scriptors.

1652324620724.png

Better then dying over and over and not getting anything....but I guess that's just me!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or spend that hour and a half dying over and over in the dungeon and get no drops..up to you.
I don't do that badly, but half an hour is just not worth the time to get zilch. I give the game no more than 10-15 minutes on evenings I can play, and once I get a drop, I'm done. On weekends I'll do two drops. Now I'm no longer getting drops for myself, but for a friend to get a couple of rewards.

A bunch of people with chips on their shoulder seem to want to argue with me and ignore the point I've made all along: however overdone the drop rates and instant respawns were at the start, the drop rates got nerfed too much.

Can anyone seriously say the drop rates aren't too low for the rewards?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill have to figure out a way to display the parrots with the Dungeon armor colors that match.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hue 2758 is the one I still need.

Haven't put down the last 2 butterflies because I got them on ATLANTIC! *sighs*

I don't want to know how many eggs I have collected and turned in...VERY thankful that they put those in and that it's MONTHS long!
Wildfire parrot was the last thing I needed to collect too. Had to make some trades to make it happen. What would you do for a Klondike bar? I know what I did for that parrot. LOL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you perch em, you can't get em back on that bird token look they come in.
Ya Im wondering if I can put them on the ground and raise them. Or something like that. They are unused so far.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread just gets better and better...so i logged in today , recalled to destard to turn in what few eggs I had. Someone recalled in, went inside, came out 10 seconds later, and has been looping Cons Wpn for 3 minutes without going back inside. I'm sure it's perfectly normal...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This thread just gets better and better...so i logged in today , recalled to destard to turn in what few eggs I had. Someone recalled in, went inside, came out 10 seconds later, and has been looping Cons Wpn for 3 minutes without going back inside. I'm sure it's perfectly normal...
I don't mind this if someone is actually running multiple accounts and is present

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't do that badly, but half an hour is just not worth the time to get zilch. I give the game no more than 10-15 minutes on evenings I can play, and once I get a drop, I'm done. On weekends I'll do two drops.
This is currently me. I haven't played much over the past week; maybe an hour or 2? I don't mind the grind when I feel the juice is worth the squeeze but spending an hour to get 5-10 drops feels like too much of a job for me. I'd much rather spend my time doing something else and given that I did most of the "other stuff" in UO leading up to the Destard event that means non-UO stuff.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is currently me. I haven't played much over the past week; maybe an hour or 2? I don't mind the grind when I feel the juice is worth the squeeze but spending an hour to get 5-10 drops feels like too much of a job for me. I'd much rather spend my time doing something else and given that I did most of the "other stuff" in UO leading up to the Destard event that means non-UO stuff.
Stop selling the potions and just sell me the items i can go back to fishing

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Can anyone seriously say the drop rates aren't too low for the rewards?
I am saying drop rates are OK. All people who come to destard to play think drop rates are worth playing.
Of course I want higher drop rates. I also want to get Tinker legs every time I kill Devourer of Souls. It doesn't mean developers should increase those rates. They are just fine.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So sayeth the one who understands statistics so infinitesimally that you think ping times have effect on event probability.

If you can't read and respond beyond bi-syllabic words, by all means, move on. Of course the mods will give you and others a pass on veiled insults, so you have that luxury.
*Rolls eyes and walks away.*

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am saying drop rates are OK. All people who come to destard to play think drop rates are worth playing.
Of course I want higher drop rates. I also want to get Tinker legs every time I kill Devourer of Souls. It doesn't mean developers should increase those rates. They are just fine.
Then you can be happy with a few drops an hour. For what the rewards cost, even half a dozen an hour doesn't cut it.

I'll tell you what: Team BS can increase the Destard drop rate, and if you get more than three in an hour, just toss the extras on the ground for others to have. Think of that like my challenge to someone to demonstrate that his accounts are merely pixels by deleting everything and starting over.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Then you can be happy with a few drops an hour. For what the rewards cost, even half a dozen an hour doesn't cut it.

I'll tell you what: Team BS can increase the Destard drop rate, and if you get more than three in an hour, just toss the extras on the ground for others to have. Think of that like my challenge to someone to demonstrate that his accounts are merely pixels by deleting everything and starting over.
My imbuer gets 2 per hour. Spending 10-15 minutes in a dungeon. She go to dead para corpse, start looting and drops 2 Energy Vortex. Her skills are 118 Imbuing and 101 magery. No other skills. She has 1300 luck and LRC suit with all 70 resists. Swords of prosperity in hand. After she fills one more bagball she recalls to the city to sort stuff out, unravel and store essences in bank.
This is on ATL. Also she is ressing my main toon :thrower. That one is getting way more then 10 per hour.
What are you doing to get 3per hour ? bank sitting ? BOD filling ?Fishing?
Try to change your suit/luck amount /play style.

By the way, they opening FEL part on ATL today.

Last edited:

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one must wonder if feigr/lore just dusted another alt? The wording, the :hahaha: verbosity, the uncanny likeness of belligerency and that better-than-thou lunacy!.... Are they all just Amber?

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I'm wondering if I can put them on the ground and raise them. Or something like that. They are unused so far.
Yes you can, you just place the perch on a goza, raise it 3 or 4 times, because the perch can be moved up an down with the house decorator, but the parrot remains where it was manifested... so to have it a shoulder or head height of a mannequin... you want it born at that height. Chop goza, then rise the perch until you can put mannequin on same spot, then lower perch until mannequin is hiding perch... and done, the parrot should seem to be perching on the suit

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My imbuer gets 2 per hour. Spending 10-15 minutes in a dungeon. She go to dead para corpse, start looting and drops 2 Energy Vortex. Her skills are 118 Imbuing and 101 magery. No other skills. She has 1300 luck and LRC suit with all 70 resists. Swords of prosperity in hand. After she fills one more bagball she recalls to the city to sort stuff out, unravel and store essences in bank.
This is on ATL. Also she is ressing my main toon :thrower. That one is getting way more then 10 per hour.
What are you doing to get 3per hour ? bank sitting ? BOD filling ?Fishing?
Try to change your suit/luck amount /play style.

By the way, they opening FEL part on ATL today.
Well, good for you. I'll ask Queen Mum to give you a cookie. Now, other people with more serious characters aren't doing much better (edit: than the "2 per hour" you mentioned). The RNG is bad enough, but it's clear that the drop rates are abysmal this time. Team BS seems on a mission to screw up every dungeon scenario in one way or another.

Like I said, let the spawn rate increase, and then if you feel you get more than you deserve, just drop the rest on the ground. Nothing ever stopped anybody from voluntarily redistributing his wealth.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
one must wonder if feigr/lore just dusted another alt? The wording, the :hahaha: verbosity, the uncanny likeness of belligerency and that better-than-thou lunacy!.... Are they all just Amber?
You can wonder about that, and you would be wrong. I don't post under any other alts.

Instead of guessing at who else someone might be, would you like trying to play the game of discussing the scenario and how it can easily be improved?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, good for you. I'll ask Queen Mum to give you a cookie. Now, other people with more serious characters aren't doing much better (edit: than the "2 per hour" you mentioned). The RNG is bad enough, but it's clear that the drop rates are abysmal this time. Team BS seems on a mission to screw up every dungeon scenario in one way or another.

Like I said, let the spawn rate increase, and then if you feel you get more than you deserve, just drop the rest on the ground. Nothing ever stopped anybody from voluntarily redistributing his wealth.
I have not done Destard much. I came back after a week of vacation. I spent 1 hour using my 1200 Luck from a statue.
Using my Paladin swordsman.

I got 10 drops. Pretty much the average of what I get in any other dungeon. when I play 1 toon.

I did see a group that probably got more drops than I. 2 Throwers and 2 Melee toons running together. They killed everything in an area then gated to another area., repeated. Just like in the other dungeons an organized group of three can kill all the paras.

They asked me if I wanted to join but I passed to see what the dungeon was like.

Maybe you need to adjust how you play. Just like you have to do for most encounters in UO. With so many accounts, you should not be having so much trouble. Also grow up and stop the drama.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Spawn rate is awesome. You need to run around. When nothing is on lvl 2 it means all mobs are spawned on lvl 2-3 including several paras. You gather clean up team and go kill em. It is called playing! Developers did good job to fix event and make scripting harder.
Your serious characters need to have enough luck. And damage lots of mobs. You actually don't need killing stuff solo. The bigger is group the better. It is all about how many corpses you got looting rights multiplied by luck. Including on paragon with higher score.
But anyway being totally ignorant of what other people suggest, I predict you will cry till this event is over. Then wait till next event to do same. So eat that cookies yourself. Now event is pretty same as Hythoth was. Kill here ->move to another room.

Frizzman

Visitor
the only thing devs need to do to fix the bot problem is prevent EJ accounts from getting drops. They cant get powerscrolls, they cant enter private houses, they cant open containers....but they can get drops...smdh

the current bandaid fix the devs have applied has killed the event. First couple of days it was definitely broken and their fix was ok as the mass mobs were moved away from the entrance.
of course the bots and scripters then ruined it for everyone with some having 10 accounts there botting away for drops. they can then unload and repeat until banned, at which point they make new ej accounts.
who cares if you ban my ej account that i started last week and have gotten thousand drops on? ill just make another one. the problem is not fixed.

no one is going to afk bot on a vet acct and risk losing their stuff....i would not risk my 20yr acct for some lame ass in game items.

the event went from heavily populated by players and bots, to hardly anyone is even there anymore. youd be lucky to catch a dozen people in the dungeon wasting their time.
ive personally spent an hour recently running all around trying to get stuff killed and get drops, i got lucky and left with three drops after an hour of beating up expensive armor and jewels.
I used to use fortune pots constantly to increase my drop rate. I have since stopped as getting up to 5 drops in an hour is still a waste of time.

the devs have killed the event on all shards at this point with their dollar store bandaid. some shards have all but abandoned this event that is slated to last about 5 more weeks.
there is very little fey spawn and tons of dragon, great dragon, and shadow wyrm paragons tho that can fire breath you for 60 at a time while biting you for the same or more.

ej accounts promote botting and afk scripting.

EJ accounts should be restricted to trammel only and be reset every month. Ej skills should be capped at 70.
There is no reason why someone should have fully built toons an a trial account. EJ accounts are to try the game out to see if subbing is right for you. It should not be playable for eternity.

the lack of care from the devs for paying subs is absurd. the player base can identify the bots with ease yet the devs never seem to be able to figure it out.
even the fact that gargoyles are used is easily understandable since they can have an 11 tile range vs all others having only 10 tile range. it is greed that has given birth to the EJ botgoyles.
most of which are all EJ's....go figure.

this event is more like "turds of the fey wrath"

the drop in sales for glorious fortune pots should be a clue as im certain it has dropped off tremendously since the last bandaid.

FIX EJ ACCOUTNS AND STOP KILLING THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE

Blackthorn's Castle offers more action and better rewards at this point. without the necessity of using a fortune pot.

no point in crying til the event is over...cuz its already over

mihali

Sage
the only thing devs need to do to fix the bot problem is prevent EJ accounts from getting drops. They cant get powerscrolls, they cant enter private houses, they cant open containers....but they can get drops...smdh

the current bandaid fix the devs have applied has killed the event. First couple of days it was definitely broken and their fix was ok as the mass mobs were moved away from the entrance.
of course the bots and scripters then ruined it for everyone with some having 10 accounts there botting away for drops. they can then unload and repeat until banned, at which point they make new ej accounts.
who cares if you ban my ej account that i started last week and have gotten thousand drops on? ill just make another one. the problem is not fixed.

no one is going to afk bot on a vet acct and risk losing their stuff....i would not risk my 20yr acct for some lame ass in game items.

the event went from heavily populated by players and bots, to hardly anyone is even there anymore. youd be lucky to catch a dozen people in the dungeon wasting their time.
ive personally spent an hour recently running all around trying to get stuff killed and get drops, i got lucky and left with three drops after an hour of beating up expensive armor and jewels.
I used to use fortune pots constantly to increase my drop rate. I have since stopped as getting up to 5 drops in an hour is still a waste of time.

the devs have killed the event on all shards at this point with their dollar store bandaid. some shards have all but abandoned this event that is slated to last about 5 more weeks.
there is very little fey spawn and tons of dragon, great dragon, and shadow wyrm paragons tho that can fire breath you for 60 at a time while biting you for the same or more.

ej accounts promote botting and afk scripting.

EJ accounts should be restricted to trammel only and be reset every month. Ej skills should be capped at 70.
There is no reason why someone should have fully built toons an a trial account. EJ accounts are to try the game out to see if subbing is right for you. It should not be playable for eternity.

the lack of care from the devs for paying subs is absurd. the player base can identify the bots with ease yet the devs never seem to be able to figure it out.
even the fact that gargoyles are used is easily understandable since they can have an 11 tile range vs all others having only 10 tile range. it is greed that has given birth to the EJ botgoyles.
most of which are all EJ's....go figure.

this event is more like "turds of the fey wrath"

the drop in sales for glorious fortune pots should be a clue as im certain it has dropped off tremendously since the last bandaid.

FIX EJ ACCOUTNS AND STOP KILLING THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE

Blackthorn's Castle offers more action and better rewards at this point. without the necessity of using a fortune pot.

no point in crying til the event is over...cuz its already over
100% Agree. Very accurately put. The Devs and people that support the "fixes" cannot for some reason see the forest from the trees. Event participation has massively dropped. As someone else said the actions of a few have killed the event for every legit, non-cheat player! All the Devs and their cheerleaders have to do is visit Destard in different shards and see what happened!