• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Bard Skills by using masteries on myself...

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Help. This sounds like the dumbest question. I'm trying to make a pure bard with magery. Using the macros I've seen in this forum, I'm using masteries to raise Discord and Peace. (my provo is only 85 so I can't use masteries yet.) I'm also using the little macros I've found here but this is my question: When does the music play? When do I double click the instrument I'm carrying? Don't be too mean when you answer.... Or is there no music whatsoever when using bard masteries. I have the books... I have a drum...I have 110 music. I have over 95 discord and peacemaking. (they were on soulstones for a few years). What am I leaving out? I use the old 2D client.

Well, thanks for any help...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First you need to select a mastery path to be active(context menu on the mastery book).
Active any mastery ability (and target it if necessary). On target or use there is a chance to gain.
If you don't have an instrument set, then you will be prompted to select one. Then you may have to re-use the ability.
Their is only a gain chance on successful use so you want to stop it as soon as it starts, and then start it again.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I prefer to double click a musical instrument after logging on to be sure that one is set up (and to know which one).
It takes 1 charge to activate a mastery so be ready to spend a lot of musical instruments while you are training.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything Logrus and Corwin said is spot on I just wanted to throw a couple more points in.

When using the masteries you will never hear the music play. You will only hear music when double clicking an instrument or when you use a particular bard skill on a target.

I am currently training up my second bard and am going through the same things you are right now. I didn't work peace up by doing the masteries, I just set a macro to area peace all the time while I was training or just puttering around my house. For Provo and Discord I used the masteries. To make things go a little faster, you may want to think about dropping your Music skill down to GM, this raises the difficulty when you use a particular bard skill and will help with skill gains. Also do not use GM made instruments because these also lower the overall difficulty, I just went and bought instruments to train with from Carpenter NPCs. Once you have your other bard skills where you want them then train your Music skill back up.