• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training 1 slot pets

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That's a nifty tip about the poison fields. Most of the time we ( myself and others training at any given time) use them to help burn the mage down near the end of his hp (i swear it takes twice as long to get him from 10% to dead as it does get him from 100% to 10%). Never occurred to me to use it as damage mitigation.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Best thing I've found for leveling 1 slot pets is having another pet (either yours or a friends) tank wind eles in shame 5. You may have to skill train wrestling first depending on the pet. You can get wrestling up pretty fast by making it fight polar bears.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use discorded winds. If my tamer doesn't have disco and peace, I log a bard running peace songs to tag along.
Then discord the wind elemental and set the 1 slot pet on it. You will have to vet it a lot, but peace songs will decrease the damage it takes so it won't be too hard to keep it alive.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As said in the Fire beetle thread started by Synbad, the Renowned Ratmen Bosses in the Cavern of the Discarded (especially Tikitavi) and the Wrong Cave Trolls deal rather limited damage yet give good gains, ideal for training the low level pets.