• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trader Quests OMG

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The whole 3800 trips certainly took the wind out of my sails.

If I do 10 trips a day (take me at least 5 minutes to fill a 5 order Trade and run back and forth) that's 50 minutes of game time. If I do that for an entire year I'm still at 3650 trips and may not get the mempo. So if I spend an hour every day for an entire year doing trade quests there's a strong chance I may not get the mempo.

I like that it's difficult to obtain but....

If I need some skeleton keys (which I probably won't since treasure Hunting is no longer lucrative) then maybe I'll do some Traders Quests other than that I'm tossing up the white flag.

I'm officially grinded out.:stretcher:

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got like 5 signs and 2 books from the tram quests then read about the mempo and its potential value but holy cow all Slim gives me is magic junk and an occasional key , is that right ? Does karma need to be low for him ? Mine is not yet, was hoping all my tram numbers would transfer to Slim.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got like 5 signs and 2 books from the tram quests then read about the mempo and its potential value but holy cow all Slim gives me is magic junk and an occasional key , is that right ? Does karma need to be low for him ? Mine is not yet, was hoping all my tram numbers would transfer to Slim.
I've gotten 4-5 pinks from him, about 6-7 Skeleton Keys, and the rest are low quality magic items. I've done 20-30 trips so far. At least it goes fairly quickly for me.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is, it's virtually impossible to script. I've been doing Slim runs only, and those are easy enough. However, the ambush squads will reveal you (rather, it's a reverse detect hidden), surround your boat, and kill you. I just started yesterday, so I haven't done too many yet, but I've gotten some decent rewards from him: a .8 Ninjitsu pink, a .8 Taste ID pink (rofl...), and a .5 Begging Pink (since ToT is going on, this has some value, should someone not have GM Begging)
After a while you dont get attacked anymore. And a thread that has been removed meanwhile was arguing this way...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Just read this thread...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten 4-5 pinks from him, about 6-7 Skeleton Keys, and the rest are low quality magic items. I've done 20-30 trips so far. At least it goes fairly quickly for me.
Are these just the normal skeleton keys or the Master one?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a while you dont get attacked anymore. And a thread that has been removed meanwhile was arguing this way...
Yeah, I still get attacked, but I've learned how to deal with them. It's still a PITA when they surround my boat though. I have to wait for them to move. The # of Water Elementals present determines how annoying the wait is.

Only 3,780 more runs and maybe...just maybe ,if your super lucky...you might get a mempo. :D
That's the goal. I'll be set for life if I get it. hahahahahaha. I did end up graduating to tier 2 a little before 10 PM last night, so I'm slowly getting there. LMAO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a list of books that drop form the town trade quests... aint had a book... 2 signs... and what are they csalled ..look like anyine goit a piccy

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there's 9 books - you only get them once each per character until you have the whole set - takes hundreds and hundreds of quests to get a full set though

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what are they called...all 9...any screen shots of any of them??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bumps for info plz.....i still aint seen any one of these illusisve 9 books....anyone wanna spoil the secret party and post there 9 names or even a few pics of them?????

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Blue Boar Rages
A Tale Of Two Jheloms
A Monk And His Wine
A Light In The Dark
The Dwarves Of Sosaria
Of Human Pride
The Sailing Wench Of Vesper
Moonglow Abides
The Walls Of Trinsic

... there ya go

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankyou @Piotr and @Kojak

Happy collector..snagged all 9 for the public museum on europa...just ...im weak...bought the lot...lolz...done quest lots and rewarded 2 guild signs but no books.....aint got the stomach for all the books....and i wont be collecting all the signs for certain..lolz...

Last edited:

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Revising this thread because I'm really curious.... Has anyone found the Mempo yet?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Revising this thread because I'm really curious.... Has anyone found the Mempo yet?
As far as I'm aware, no. I haven't done trade quests for a while, I stopped at Tier 4. I may resume them though, just to see if the Mempo actually does exist.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One person did post a pic of the elusive mempo. I believe it's the ONLY one that I've seen as of yet.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With the drop rate they gave that thing, we're better off considering it just doesn't exist.
Which is a major pity. The item can be quite useful, but the abysmal drop rate makes it pretty much useless, because you know you will never get one.

utilitron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If the items that are stocked in quantities of 500 (e.g., gems) keep gradually increasing in cost as they keep being purchased, over and over, by questers and if they are never reset to a base cost, imagine how much more of a gold sink these quests could eventually become!
It also works in reverse. If you sell items back, the price goes down.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One person did post a pic of the elusive mempo. I believe it's the ONLY one that I've seen as of yet.
I know someone in my guild that recently got one - verified it by having her put it in the trade window for me - saw it with my own 2 eyes so there's definitely more than one

Noryiscool

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just wanna apologize to the devs cause I thought this sounded kinda dumb and uninteresting. OMG I'm so addicted trying to get books or signs or whatever. So far I've gotten one book. I usually go to bed at maybe 11 pm or so. I was up till 3 am doing those stupid things, lol. I just *knew* the next one would get me a sign. Somehow one of my seldom used characters made Glorious doing these, lol. Anyway, I'm totally hooked, good work ;) I was confused about one thing, I thought the books were tied to the starting city. The book I got doesn't seem to be specific to Trinsic, which was a bummer. I guess I misunderstood that part. Pretty sure I know what I'll be doing tonight, lol. Not much gold made from it though so I guess I'll have to hunt sooner or later. But what I make off the ambushes pays for the quest with a little left over. I'm not fooling with boats. I use a moongate to the islands and run em overland where I don't need a boat. Found a few interesting things off the mobs too, it's not all trash loot. Nice

Hey Ash didnt read a thing you said, just wanted to say I am glad ure still here and that you still look like Ash.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Maybe it's just me but I seem to do better just grinding through it. If I do 20 in one day I have much better luck than say doing 5 a day for 4 days.