• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trader Quests OMG

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I just wanna apologize to the devs cause I thought this sounded kinda dumb and uninteresting. OMG I'm so addicted trying to get books or signs or whatever. So far I've gotten one book. I usually go to bed at maybe 11 pm or so. I was up till 3 am doing those stupid things, lol. I just *knew* the next one would get me a sign. Somehow one of my seldom used characters made Glorious doing these, lol. Anyway, I'm totally hooked, good work ;) I was confused about one thing, I thought the books were tied to the starting city. The book I got doesn't seem to be specific to Trinsic, which was a bummer. I guess I misunderstood that part. Pretty sure I know what I'll be doing tonight, lol. Not much gold made from it though so I guess I'll have to hunt sooner or later. But what I make off the ambushes pays for the quest with a little left over. I'm not fooling with boats. I use a moongate to the islands and run em overland where I don't need a boat. Found a few interesting things off the mobs too, it's not all trash loot. Nice

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanna apologize to the devs cause I thought this sounded kinda dumb and uninteresting. OMG I'm so addicted trying to get books or signs or whatever. So far I've gotten one book. I usually go to bed at maybe 11 pm or so. I was up till 3 am doing those stupid things, lol. I just *knew* the next one would get me a sign. Somehow one of my seldom used characters made Glorious doing these, lol. Anyway, I'm totally hooked, good work ;) I was confused about one thing, I thought the books were tied to the starting city. The book I got doesn't seem to be specific to Trinsic, which was a bummer. I guess I misunderstood that part. Pretty sure I know what I'll be doing tonight, lol. Not much gold made from it though so I guess I'll have to hunt sooner or later. But what I make off the ambushes pays for the quest with a little left over. I'm not fooling with boats. I use a moongate to the islands and run em overland where I don't need a boat. Found a few interesting things off the mobs too, it's not all trash loot. Nice

Those quests ARE addictive!

Your character gains 250 karma from each quest until karma maxes out at 32,000.

Also, if you buy most of the items you need for the quests, doing them can act as a minor gold sink. The most I've done on any shard yet is 91, so that character is up to doing 4-line quests. So far, she's spent 53,440 gold on items to fill the quests. (The most expensive set of quest items so far for her has cost 4,000 gold for one trip. ) If the items that are stocked in quantities of 500 (e.g., gems) keep gradually increasing in cost as they keep being purchased, over and over, by questers and if they are never reset to a base cost, imagine how much more of a gold sink these quests could eventually become!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I keep getting requests for leather armor in Trinsic on Great Lakes. I think the leather armor dude split town, lol. Haven't been able to find him. Took me awhile to find who sold hams too lol. I haven't traveled on foot through the land in ages. I found it all very interesting, brought back a lot of memories.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep getting requests for leather armor in Trinsic on Great Lakes. I think the leather armor dude split town, lol. Haven't been able to find him. Took me awhile to find who sold hams too lol. I haven't traveled on foot through the land in ages. I found it all very interesting, brought back a lot of memories.
He's probably hiding on the roof. If you stand underneath him and use the context menu to buy he should sell you the necessary goods you seek. Glad you are having fun!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
He's probably hiding on the roof. If you stand underneath him and use the context menu to buy he should sell you the necessary goods you seek. Glad you are having fun!
No he's split town, lol. I have runes to every spot in Trinsic. It's my home. I can go between all the outer walls, every roof, above the tinker shop, etc. That dude has split I tell ya, lol. Not a big deal. I just cancel those and wait for another. Maybe he was off yesterday and will come back today :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is a tanner in Trinsic, try him for any kind of leather armor. There's also an armourer in Trinsic (by the tavern) that might have what you need.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If there is a tanner in Trinsic, try him for any kind of leather armor. There's also an armourer in Trinsic (by the tavern) that might have what you need.
All the tanner had was hides. :( Anyway it's a very minor thing to just cancel it and grab another. Don't want to make a big deal outta it. I'll be heading back home from the cottage today. I'll search the town again when I get home.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Could be he's somewhere i don't expect him to be. I was really checking out the place by the north bank. I thought the guy by the tavern only sold weapons, so my leather guy might be on a roof around there someplace. If he's in town I will find him just for something to do, lol. Maybe he's on the roof by the tanner? I'll find that slacker!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you are using moongates, that will penalize you on your chances of getting signs and books.
I know but I do them anyway, it's fast and a quick 10K in the treasury. Just don't want to mess with boats, lol. Appreciate the mention though. You still get something decent considering how fast it is.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The one with the hides is the 'fur trader', the one you want is the 'tanner'. They're both in, or on, the same shop - somewhere.
Okay cool, thanks! I bet he's "hiding" (I make pun funny) on the roof then smoking or something. I didn't expect him there. I really thought he was at the armorer by the bank. Cool.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The books by far seem more illusive than the signs. I wan to thank all those who are taking quests out of Minoc on Great Lakes!!! It has been great fun, only on lower levels myself, but the boat mobs do slow you down a bit, we travel overland as far as we can and set sail from the closet point possible. For the Warrior and the Witch it's been a great time.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Are we penalized at all if we cancel a trade quest?
As far as i can tell you just have to wait a minute or two and he will give you another one. Did it 3 or 4 times last night when i couldn't find the tanner dude.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know but I do them anyway, it's fast and a quick 10K in the treasury. Just don't want to mess with boats, lol. Appreciate the mention though. You still get something decent considering how fast it is.
Believe me, I hear ya. The boat part is a pain.

I suppose an argument could be made for using the gates when an island is involved. Considering you can cut your time substantially by using the gate (up to 3/4 time saved) and get that next quest started in hopes you'll get an overland one. You are still taking in sots and that is nothing to shake a stick at.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We really needed some time until we figured out, that he tanner is the only one to sell female armours (even the female plate).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been having fun with it too. between fixing my silly macros and all. I avoid the ones that you need a boat for. aand I too thank all those who are doing them in Yew. it sure does help fund the trade deals

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those quests ARE addictive!

Your character gains 250 karma from each quest until karma maxes out at 32,000.

Also, if you buy most of the items you need for the quests, doing them can act as a minor gold sink. The most I've done on any shard yet is 91, so that character is up to doing 4-line quests. So far, she's spent 53,440 gold on items to fill the quests. (The most expensive set of quest items so far for her has cost 4,000 gold for one trip. ) If the items that are stocked in quantities of 500 (e.g., gems) keep gradually increasing in cost as they keep being purchased, over and over, by questers and if they are never reset to a base cost, imagine how much more of a gold sink these quests could eventually become!
1. I didn't know the quests build karma, thanks. Wow, 32,000 karma for chiv divine fury?
2. Gold sinks, gold sinks. Some of us don't need gold sinks - we need gold :)

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am having fun doing the Trader's Quest also.

I have a few questions.

First, is there a list of rewards for doing the town and Slim the Fence quests.

Second, if I do the town quest and gain titles, will I loose them if I start turning in quest to Slim.

Finally, is there a problem if I do both at the same time?
I play on Siege, so if a town I have a quest for is under VvV, is turning it in to slim a viable choice?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gained titles will not be lost. You can mix quest for towns and Slim but the drop from loyalty to towns for turning in items to Slim is big.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did a few this morning for the first time. I ran ten quests and got 9 SOT's. I just bought the stuff off vendors to fill quests and the pinks will sell on the vendor for lots of profit. It seems too easy to get SOT's from these quests. I spent maybe 2000gp on stuff to fill them and I will make like 2m+ selling the pinks. Easy way to farm tons of gold really fast without having to fight anything.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a few this morning for the first time. I ran ten quests and got 9 SOT's. I just bought the stuff off vendors to fill quests and the pinks will sell on the vendor for lots of profit. It seems too easy to get SOT's from these quests. I spent maybe 2000gp on stuff to fill them and I will make like 2m+ selling the pinks. Easy way to farm tons of gold really fast without having to fight anything.
SHUSH!:whip:
Now they will nerf it!

Kariny

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe me, I hear ya. The boat part is a pain.
I've dug out my Brit Ship and started filling fishing quests along with merchant orders. Just fish along while sailing. Mark where I want to go on a map, drop map on tillerman, and off we go. The greater dragon just smushes anything that pops up.
I've gathered several white pearls, sos's, tmaps, hides, scales, etc while sailing to deliver fish and trade goods.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gained titles will not be lost. You can mix quest for towns and Slim but the drop from loyalty to towns for turning in items to Slim is big.
This is true. You should see my loyalty menu. Detested in every town and adored in Vesper :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I fight the stuff... Are you just not liking it because you don't fight the stuff? As for it being easy it's not if you actually do the quests and kill the mobs. It's not easy to farm for me. And this is the only way I can get SoT's pretty much. Don't do Fel Champs or anything so not gonna get them from that.. the ones in Tram NEVER drop anything for me. I can kill and kill and kill and never get anything.... some have said they get them from Navrey but I've never gotten a SoT from Navrey... So I am VERY happy with it. If they nerf it I blame you!

Besides it's not like they are big point SoT's either. They nerf them down to the lame .1 you get from that painting and the quests will no longer be worth doing.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fight the stuff... Are you just not liking it because you don't fight the stuff? As for it being easy it's not if you actually do the quests and kill the mobs. It's not easy to farm for me. And this is the only way I can get SoT's pretty much. Don't do Fel Champs or anything so not gonna get them from that.. the ones in Tram NEVER drop anything for me. I can kill and kill and kill and never get anything.... some have said they get them from Navrey but I've never gotten a SoT from Navrey... So I am VERY happy with it. If they nerf it I blame you!

Besides it's not like they are big point SoT's either. They nerf them down to the lame .1 you get from that painting and the quests will no longer be worth doing.
It's not that I don't like it, just too easy for scripters to farm it and make lots of gold and flood the market more then it already is. It will make sot price drop like a rock. Only one SOT i got was below .5 out of the nine. All I'm saying is it shouldnt drop SOT's that often or a 1.0 will only sell for 100k by the end of the year.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not that I don't like it, just too easy for scripters to farm it and make lots of gold and flood the market more then it already is. It will make sot price drop like a rock. Only one SOT i got was below .5 out of the nine. All I'm saying is it shouldnt drop SOT's that often or a 1.0 will only sell for 100k by the end of the year.
Honestly..... it should sell for 1ook or less... seriously THAT is half of what is wrong with this game.. Rich get richer and poor can't afford to even play. I don't have 500Billion gold .... I don't NEED a gold sink.. My gold sinks enough on it's own... I don't want to pay some outlandish price for everything... paying more than that is insane. Maybe not for fat cats with 500 billion gold sitting about but the average player who doesn't play and farm 24/7 can't afford all that and doesn't need a gold sink.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So lets get this straight, it's ok when something favors the pvm people of the game but its not ok when something favors the pvp people of the game. PRICELESS! I mean all the pvm people are complaining about VvV on the perma orange thread, but when it comes to you getting lots of SoTs basically for free its cool. This is what's wrong with the game. Everyone is too selfish to their own needs and not looking at the game as a whole. Once prices plummet on the SoT's noone will want to do trader quests anymore, then the cities won't get any gold then all the governor's will complain again about that. Never ending cycle of bad decisions like always.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, you're sorta right there @Great DC. I love low prices on SOTs when I'm buying them - and getting them for free is even better. But I want high prices when I'm trying to sell the ones I get from thunting - and that, of course is based on them not being that easy to get. I don't pretend to know the right balance.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Got a Mages Guild sign! Made me very happy! It was from Trinsic to Vesper and I fought more mobs than usual. Like 4 or 5. It was on my second 2 item order. Hope this helps figure out any system. But it all seems rather random. I seem to get more SOTs using moongates, going overland it seems I got a lot more hides, ingots, and stuff than SOTs.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get the sign going over land or using a moongate?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a Mages Guild sign! Made me very happy! It was from Trinsic to Vesper and I fought more mobs than usual. Like 4 or 5. It was on my second 2 item order. Hope this helps figure out any system. But it all seems rather random. I seem to get more SOTs using moongates, going overland it seems I got a lot more hides, ingots, and stuff than SOTs.
Just got my first book (The Dwarves of Sosaria)! Was from a Britain to Vesper run, no moongates, 2 spawns of ambushers. Compared to the character on another shard who was doing all deliveries out of Britain also, but using moongates and not killing spawns, this character seems to be getting more SoTs. But then again, she's only done 35 quests so far so I don't know if it will stay that way until she hits 100 to be able to compare her results to the other character's results.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So lets get this straight, it's ok when something favors the pvm people of the game but its not ok when something favors the pvp people of the game. PRICELESS! I mean all the pvm people are complaining about VvV on the perma orange thread, but when it comes to you getting lots of SoTs basically for free its cool. This is what's wrong with the game. Everyone is too selfish to their own needs and not looking at the game as a whole. Once prices plummet on the SoT's noone will want to do trader quests anymore, then the cities won't get any gold then all the governor's will complain again about that. Never ending cycle of bad decisions like always.

nah they can then add 110 scrolls in would make my day LOL :) pvp s dont need scrolls pvm ers that dont pvp do

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a quick question on an item I am supposed to collect and deliver to a town. I don't know what this. Where do I find five walls of stone?

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My poor garg's wings are tired from flying all over Yew..Where the heck is the trader dude hiding? Is there a list where the traders are in the towns without docks??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stuck.JPG
I sailed from Moonglow to New Magincia, landed on the beach and docked the boat.
Then found I was standing in a puddle. Couldn't teleport, wouldn't let me re-launch the boat. Only one way out, cancel the order, then teleport.

Kariny

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After some thought today how would you feel if they decide to limit quests to 5 a day?
That way the market isn't flooded. People will need to log in every day to do their quests just like escorts and such.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 24922
I sailed from Moonglow to New Magincia, landed on the beach and docked the boat.
Then found I was standing in a puddle. Couldn't teleport, wouldn't let me re-launch the boat. Only one way out, cancel the order, then teleport.
Had that happen to me too, Petra! Wasn't steering straight enough in Britain because I was trying to talk to someone at the same time and my character "fell" into the canal by Castle British and landed on a hidden tile that was behind a table. Couldn't teleport to get off it and had to cancel the quest. Needless to say, it taught me to pay better attention while running the quests and avoid areas where a character might fall into a hole or off a cliff or embankment.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
After some thought today how would you feel if they decide to limit quests to 5 a day?
That way the market isn't flooded. People will need to log in every day to do their quests just like escorts and such.
Oh yes this is way to much fun. Left start beating it with the nerf stick asap. *squints* The rewards aren't OMG over the top. The really good stuff is few and far. About 1 in 10 sots are useful and then they tend to be a .1 or something. Item ID, tracking, camping sots etc. For the time and cost involved it's not something I'd see that needs a nerf. I play 4 or 5 hours straight to get something I think is a decent sot or something. Can we just have one system that is this fun and doesn't have to be about greed and how much I can cash this in for? If everyone in the game has signs, books, etc that's fine with me. But trust me unless your putting in 8 hours a day into it your not going to see high end items very often. And then it probably isn't the item you really wanted. It's a fun thing to do. I actually pass several people now running on the roads. Haven't seen that in years. It's a good system, lets not start screwing it up. I would hope anything I did in UO would produce 1 decent item in 8 hours or so of farming. Dungeons are a little over the top I think, let's limit dungeons to 3 hours a day too. Way to many high quality items coming out of dungeons these days.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's probably hiding on the roof. Glad you are having fun!
Frank has been in the roof of the north Trinsic blacksmith for nearly a decade, can you ask someone to fix this, it's in all shards!

While your at it, if skeleton keys are going to drop so often from these quests, can you please consider making them stackable, or combinable?

Thanks
Lew

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes this is way to much fun. Left start beating it with the nerf stick asap. *squints* The rewards aren't OMG over the top. The really good stuff is few and far. About 1 in 10 sots are useful and then they tend to be a .1 or something. Item ID, tracking, camping sots etc. For the time and cost involved it's not something I'd see that needs a nerf. I play 4 or 5 hours straight to get something I think is a decent sot or something. Can we just have one system that is this fun and doesn't have to be about greed and how much I can cash this in for? If everyone in the game has signs, books, etc that's fine with me. But trust me unless your putting in 8 hours a day into it your not going to see high end items very often. And then it probably isn't the item you really wanted. It's a fun thing to do. I actually pass several people now running on the roads. Haven't seen that in years. It's a good system, lets not start screwing it up. I would hope anything I did in UO would produce 1 decent item in 8 hours or so of farming. Dungeons are a little over the top I think, let's limit dungeons to 3 hours a day too. Way to many high quality items coming out of dungeons these days.
Also keep in mind that the number of types of items you have to buy to fill the order keeps increasing the more quests you do, so that means you spend more time running around just getting the items for the quest (and dropping more in the good ole gold sink) the more quests you do as well. So that means the more quests you do, the longer it takes to finish them. Also, if I read the publish notes correctly and based on what I've seen so far myself, I think each character is only going to get 8 different books. So it really doesn't sound to me like there will end up being lots of books up for sale, at least initially, until people starting finishing the set of 8 with one character and then have to start using a different character if they want to get extras to sell. I'm not sure if the signs will work the same way too, i.e., no character will get duplicate signs.

I very much like the idea of getting a different "rare" reward each time. All that running is a huge grind and it's nice to know the books, at least, if you get them won't be duplicates of what you already have.