• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trader Quests OMG

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye aye. And Mesanna said, I am doing it correctly. I think,; there is a hidden tier... like 500 turns bevor you become eligible for the Mempo or so...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.bardic guild
2.warriors guild
3.miners guild
4.illusionists guild
5.tinkers guild
6.fishermans guild
7.blacksmiths guild
8.tailors guild
9.barters guild
10.cooks guild
11.seamens guild ..[phnar]
12.mages guild
13. calvary guild
14. fighters guild
15. merchants guild
I have a sign for shipwrights' guild.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and as anyone made a list of sign guild names.....ill make a start...
1.bardic guild
2.warriors guild
3.miners guild
4.illusionists guild
5.tinkers guild
6.fishermans guild
7.blacksmiths guild
8.tailors guild
9.barters guild
10.cooks guild
11.seamens guild ..[phnar]
Add Archers Guild

I only got one sign in about 50 or 60 quests (Tram overland from Skara but use moongates for Jhelom, Magincia and Moonglow) but that made me jump up and down with joy, I'm an archer and I have total of around 6 archers.
*Does the happy dance*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.bardic guild
2.warriors guild
3.miners guild
4.illusionists guild
5.tinkers guild
6.fishermans guild
7.blacksmiths guild
8.tailors guild
9.barters guild
10.cooks guild
11.seamens guild
12.mages guild
13. calvary guild
14. fighters guild
15. merchants guild
16. archers guild
17. shipwrights guild

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares for these silly signs. Its all about the mempo ;-)

Just some trashtalk...

MirandaLace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just passed the 100 mark, have never used a moongate, and fight all land monsters and a few sea monsters. So far 5 books and 2 signs.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.bardic guild
2.warriors guild
3.miners guild
4.illusionists guild
5.tinkers guild
6.fishermans guild
7.blacksmiths guild
8.tailors guild
9.barters guild
10.cooks guild
11.seamens guild
12.mages guild
13. calvary guild
14. fighters guild
15. merchants guild
16. archers guild
17. shipwrights guild

I got two different mage guild signs

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see Armourer's Guild on the list - I got one - maybe it's rare and worth many millions

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aye aye. And Mesanna said, I am doing it correctly. I think,; there is a hidden tier... like 500 turns bevor you become eligible for the Mempo or so...
If this is how it works despite it being a major grind I think it's a good system.

If you need to do so many quests in order to even quality for the mempo.

The more trading you've done the more rewards you should be eligble for.

I like it if that's how they coded it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.bardic guild
2.warriors guild
3.miners guild
4.illusionists guild
5.tinkers guild
6.fishermans guild
7.blacksmiths guild
8.tailors guild
9.barters guild
10.cooks guild
11.seamens guild
12.mages guild
13. calvary guild
14. fighters guild
15. merchants guild
16. archers guild
17. shipwrights guild
18.assasins guild
19.thieves guild
20.rogues guild
21.armourers guild

loads more im sure....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies heres my thoughts..ive just reached level 2 ..so im guessing ive done 50 runs..trammel only town to town if i can without gates but use gates to the islands
i get a sot every 2nd/3rd time...and i usefull sot around every 5!!!

no signs or books yet..i run 2900 luck so guess thats not helping
but 9-10 good sots with about 6.5 points between them on them in the above 100k a point bracket aint too bad a return for maybe 3 hours .. 6.5m saleable??

will get to level 3 [100 runs ] and see were iam then....

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess the number of possible signs must be based on the number of possible guilds. What other possible guilds - pirates, alchemists - surely necromancer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the number of possible signs must be based on the number of possible guilds. What other possible guilds - pirates, alchemists - surely necromancer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes i guess so...would be nice to see the full list though.....then again nobodies gonna collect all of them...or are they????

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I already did and I have alot of duplicates too

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u have full collection??? like to share how many make a full set and complete list of sign names......oh and u have far too much free time on your hands.
two more
21 sorcerors guild
22. amourers guild

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Publish was live on all shard since September 25, 2014.

Almost an entire month and still no Slim's Veil?

Nary a one? :eyes:

:confused2:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems so. Scratching the 400 now and getting tired. THIS is the most senseless and boring grind I ever did. Sand-sifting was far more rewarding and funny than this. It is terrible. Get crate - shop stuff - fill crate - set sail - land on the shore - run to Slim and get what?

A Skeleton Key
0.1 SoT Meditation
Incredibly crappy magical items
or recycled deco that has no unique look but only a new name.

Mesanna promised me that the Veil exists. If that is true, it cant be RNG only. I bet, there is a hidden tier, like: Do 500 quests and become eligible for the reward... And then it takes another 100 or more, because you need RNG-luck. It is terrible!

This time, old Dr. Alzheimer wont be everybody´s (and especially the Devs´) cheerleader. I am utterly disappointed.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, and by the way: I will not get attacked anymore for about 300 tours to Slim now. Even the monsters doubt that they will find useful stuff on my corpse... And I am abhorred in EVERY city in Britain and carry -32000 karma with me.

Alas, 120 SoTs is a small "Thank you!" for my elite-smuggeling!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gave it my best shot - I did well over 1000 quests and no dice - oh well

and I had a ridiculously high luck suit on too and clicked the luck statue - I was up in the 4000s if you include the felucca bonus - didn't help

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
28 total from cliloc:
Code:
Armaments Guild
Armourers' Guild
Blacksmiths' Guild
Weapons Guild
Bardic Guild
Barters' Guild
Provisioner Guild
Traders' Guild
Cooks' Guild
Healers' Guild
Mages' Guild
Sorcerers' Guild
Illusionist Guild
Miners' Guild
Archers' Guild
Seamens' Guild
Fishermens' Guild
Sailors' Guild
Shipwrights' Guild
Tailors' Guild
Thieves' Guild
Rogues' Guild
Assassins' Guild
Tinkers' Guild
Warriors' Guild
Cavalry Guild
Fighters' Guild
Merchants' Guild

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Slim lied to us. The veil is nothing more than urban legend.

Should we be surprised that Slim lied? Given the ruthless scoundrel that he is?

Slim of Occlo has deceived us once good citizens of sosaria into performing nefarious acts for a reward which does not exist.

The lesson here folks is that smuggling does not pay and truth and justice shall always prevail.

We've been duped folks!:grin:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, I WOULD agree - but Mesanna PROMISED me, it exists... So, what are we going to do now?

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On a more serious note...

I actually like the fact that Slim's Veil has remained elusive. Ultima needs a few items that are super rare and hard to get. Nothing in this game is hard to get anymore and the few hard to get items that are difficult to obtain I've seen posts here on stratics about to make it easier and more readily available invalidating even more content.

I like going after the item that no one else has and is super hard to get.

Personally, I've obtained or bought virtually every item I want in game so things like this give players like me something to work towards.

I'm at -16000 Karma and haven't received anything of value from Slim. I think your the front runner at -32000 and if you keep your fortitude you will get the veil.

I do hope Slim's system is is like you believe with a hidden tier and that someone who does 2 or 3 Slim runs isn't eligible for the veil; and only those like yourself who have put in the time have a chance to receive the reward.

I'm also tired of hearing about how everything in UO is a grind. Don't do it if you don't want to! If it makes you miserable don't do it! Find something you enjoy in the game and do that!

After 17 years in the game we need things to work towards and look forward to rather than given to us on a silver platter. I understand people have limited playing time but we need to set goals of the things we want to accomplish and obtain and work towards them.

Rolo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The 500 turn ins to be elegable sounds like a real possibility. Ive done about 525 legit turn ins. I hope if it is fact 500 turn ins that the chance of actually getting it goes up greatly. So far ive gotten 1 black book, 2 artworks, and a voucher and am way overdue to get another rare drop.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
28 total from cliloc:
Code:
Armaments Guild
Armourers' Guild
Blacksmiths' Guild
Weapons Guild
Bardic Guild
Barters' Guild
Provisioner Guild
Traders' Guild
Cooks' Guild
Healers' Guild
Mages' Guild
Sorcerers' Guild
Illusionist Guild
Miners' Guild
Archers' Guild
Seamens' Guild
Fishermens' Guild
Sailors' Guild
Shipwrights' Guild
Tailors' Guild
Thieves' Guild
Rogues' Guild
Assassins' Guild
Tinkers' Guild
Warriors' Guild
Cavalry Guild
Fighters' Guild
Merchants' Guild
THERE WE GO 28 IS THE TARGET .....ouchhhhh

Armourers' Guild
Blacksmiths' Guild
Weapons Guild
Bardic Guild
Barters' Guild
Provisioner Guild
Traders' Guild
Cooks' Guild
Healers' Guild
Mages' Guild
Sorcerers' Guild
Illusionist Guild
Miners' Guild
Archers' Guild
Seamens' Guild
Fishermens' Guild
Sailors' Guild
Shipwrights' Guild
Tailors' Guild
Thieves' Guild
Rogues' Guild
Assassins' Guild
Tinkers' Guild
Warriors' Guild
Cavalry Guild
Fighters' Guild
Merchants' Guild

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saying and i cant help myself...UFOS and conspiracy theories etc etc etc.....deffo one or two of the big collectors will be showing u the veils very soon.. just saying... dont ask it just a hunch... leave it at that... hate posting but u and i both know they will.....pfffff...[whatever]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oops, forgot to add... they have duplicated names each. Maybe for each direction.
think theres more like 2 colour styles maybe ...as npeople have quoted they have 2 differnt mage ones etc etc....so more like 2 styles of each

so yes a set will be more like 56.....good luck with that..u will need more than luck

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seem to be a few redundancies on the list and some disappointing omissions. I assume barter should be barterer, but that is not a profession in itself. Weapons is either a meeting place for daggers and broadsword or should be weaponsmiths. We have thieves and assassins and rogues, and we have warriors, cavalry and fighters. Yet there is no alchemists, fletchers or brewers, the latter of which would probably be popular with players who have taverns/breweries.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i thought there was some key guilds missing...pretty sure they will include them at a later date maybe...also no necromancer ..although i guess sorceror is near...enough..

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think of it this way.

We are all waiting after theese many years for the Easter Egg rare reward drop from the BoD system.

And after the first mempo is earned will one grind on for another? Sell it for all the gold in UO? Bank sit and sing the "Neener Neener" song? Raffle it for RL cash? Just be happy it is not like most content. Burned out by everyone after two weeks. Or a market flooded by easy scripted reward. Seem like a grind I would of enjoyed if I didn't give up most my UO time for RL artisan work.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think of it this way.

We are all waiting after theese many years for the Easter Egg rare reward drop from the BoD system.

And after the first mempo is earned will one grind on for another? Sell it for all the gold in UO? Bank sit and sing the "Neener Neener" song? Raffle it for RL cash? Just be happy it is not like most content. Burned out by everyone after two weeks. Or a market flooded by easy scripted reward. Seem like a grind I would of enjoyed if I didn't give up most my UO time for RL artisan work.
Thing is, it's virtually impossible to script. I've been doing Slim runs only, and those are easy enough. However, the ambush squads will reveal you (rather, it's a reverse detect hidden), surround your boat, and kill you. I just started yesterday, so I haven't done too many yet, but I've gotten some decent rewards from him: a .8 Ninjitsu pink, a .8 Taste ID pink (rofl...), and a .5 Begging Pink (since ToT is going on, this has some value, should someone not have GM Begging)