• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade deal "curious item" drop is ridiculously low.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drops are so horrible you have to sit your toon in the woods while you watch videos waiting for an ambush.

If the drops were better we could do trade deals the normal way. Running to the next town while not being semi afk.
No...That's not at all what I meant.. I don't watch TV, I watch everything on the computer. So while I'm doing what I normally do, I just have UO open. Or I also do it while I play WoW.

Even if the drop rate was 100%, I would still be doing it this way lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I get far to few ambushes on my runs, even sat still for a period, ran in circles, and not a special item in the mix yet. A ton of pinks and resources gave away a bunch of pinks to guild mate that ate a myst token for his crafter.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop rate is still too low...you know it's totally ignorant to have to farm this stuff the way people are, hanging out in the woods, running circles in clearings for an hour, etc etc, to get the ambushers and hope for a slight chance of a drop.

I don't udnerstand why, in the name of roleplay, they don't make each ambush spawn have at least one drop, with a limit of two spawns per order. And fix it where an order couldnt be cancelled and had to be turned in to get another...that would put an end to that farming with an empty crate and no intention of ever completing it thing that is happening.

*plugs ear to avoid all the screaming about to start*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just wish the items were pack drops, I hate having to search all those bodies! :rolleyes:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop rate is still too low...you know it's totally ignorant to have to farm this stuff the way people are, hanging out in the woods, running circles in clearings for an hour, etc etc, to get the ambushers and hope for a slight chance of a drop.

I don't udnerstand why, in the name of roleplay, they don't make each ambush spawn have at least one drop, with a limit of two spawns per order. And fix it where an order couldnt be cancelled and had to be turned in to get another...that would put an end to that farming with an empty crate and no intention of ever completing it thing that is happening.

*plugs ear to avoid all the screaming about to start*
Here are some nice ear-plugs to choose :)
InEar Akustik - Bilder - Design Otoplastiken Galerie (1 von 11)

uhm..... best protect also against this dirty lich-laugh ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Drop rates needs to be increased or amount of ambushers spawned needs to be more frequent, with a few designated "hot spot" areas.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest gripe with this Content is the exclusiveness of templates, no bards? really? I have other Characters that can do the trade runs and I use them, but excluding certain templates is a kick in the face.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seems like they have increased the frequency of Ambushes. I seem to be getting more in a shorter time frame this morning. Anyone else?

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think the drop rate is fine. I've done a number of trade runs and usually get 1 item every 2 or 3 trade runs. Getting a drop once per run every run would be excessive.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hope that none of this stuff is really needed for anything, or perhaps only 1 item is needed, and all the time people put into farming this junk is wasted... That would make me happy.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My experience is that the RNG, from whatever seeding method is used, is benefiting some characters more than others for a day or two - then when the ones that are getting several times the drops everyone else gets have their RNG seed change, and they start getting the normal rate, they start screaming of nerfs.

I know a couple of people that were getting at least one, usually two or more, drops a Trade order run.
I've been averaging 1 drop every 2-3 hours - but that's more 2-3 drops in a half-hour window(streaky RNG), then 5-6 hours without any.

When their drop rate suddenly changes to resemble mine, they start yelling about nerfs, despite the shard having been up the whole time - and my drop rates not changing, other than being in short spurts.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took two different chars out for about 20 mins each and didn't get ambushed at all... wondered if they turned it off again.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, 10 ambushes today, no drops.
I am still at 4 drops, with 3 of them being the trapped soul... Fun.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there wands dropping at all? Our guild alliance has worked hard on this, hoping to trade among us to atleast get a set each. But the ones we have multiple of are the same for all of us. Plenty of bottles and amulets. Missing several of the others. But different ones exept for the wands. We all miss them.
Last night Petra arranged a caravan for the alliane and it was great fun. We ment to take the quest in Minoc and go shopping , then walk to all cities we had deliveries in. We went to Vesper Britain and Skara , then it was too late to go on. We had countless of ambushes, we didnt have time to move between them ! We could have five or six ambushes before we had a chance to move on, and not many steps before nexrt attack ! We got wagons falling in our heads and trapping some of us and the pets till the wagon dissapered. It was very intense and we did get drops that we will share. Needless to say we mainly got bottles and amulets that noone wanted but also some good ones. No wands thou..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never gotten a wand... nor the Chalice nor the Tome...

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Note that the official page for the Shattered Obelisk part 2 now says:

The treasuries of Britannia’s cities overflow with coin as brave citizens take to protecting the commerce of the realm, hoping to recover otherwise useless trinkets of unknown highwaymen.

This looks like a hint that the ambusher items are indeed only deco. Maybe they are just meant as an incentive to make us fill the city treasuries?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

This looks like a hint that the ambusher items are indeed only deco. Maybe they are just meant as an incentive to make us fill the city treasuries?
As someone who started out filling those coffers from her OWN bank... I can say that I think I deserve more than a the pittance you get from doing Trade Runs... a better drop rate to be sure.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Are there wands dropping at all? Our guild alliance has worked hard on this, hoping to trade among us to atleast get a set each. But the ones we have multiple of are the same for all of us. Plenty of bottles and amulets. Missing several of the others. But different ones exept for the wands. We all miss them.
Last night Petra arranged a caravan for the alliane and it was great fun. We ment to take the quest in Minoc and go shopping , then walk to all cities we had deliveries in. We went to Vesper Britain and Skara , then it was too late to go on. We had countless of ambushes, we didnt have time to move between them ! We could have five or six ambushes before we had a chance to move on, and not many steps before nexrt attack ! We got wagons falling in our heads and trapping some of us and the pets till the wagon dissapered. It was very intense and we did get drops that we will share.
Yes that was a crazy expedition we went on! Fun, but totally insane spawn of ambushers. I got my crate stolen twice as often as Q did! Got trapped inside a wagon once, which was interesting...
As for the spread of the drops, I have had 6 phylacterys and only 1 each of three other items, seems that some things are dropping more regularly than others. I think I might have had a wand yesterday morning, I had better luck yesterday than the few days previous. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They may consider the ambush items useless and not care if we get a full set, but some of us love collecting and of course we'll want a full set.
Exactly... some of us have OCD or CDO for those of us effected and we simply must have a full set.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Says "otherwise useless" not just "useless." That implies they will have a use, maybe some sort of ritual connected to the new spells and reagents in the new treasure chests in part 2.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If one actually takes the time to work the trade orders up to where there are 5 lines to fill, the benefits to the player and the city become much more substantial.

My character that is a magnate, doing 5 line TOs, typically got 50-120k for her city and up to 180 resources (including valorite ore and stone), BEFORE the event (and the numbers below 80k were from trips like Moonglow and New Mag where I took the moongates - everywhere else was on foot, with rowboat crossings at the end for Skara and Jhelom, for maximum payout).

The event money values are even better - and I've seen an uptick in the higher-end rewards.

Anyone who actually crafts with stone regularly want to pipe in on just how hard it is to MINE valorite stone in those quantities? It's not easy, though I've not tried a rock hammer yet.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If one actually takes the time to work the trade orders up to where there are 5 lines to fill, the benefits to the player and the city become much more substantial.

My character that is a magnate, doing 5 line TOs, typically got 50-120k for her city and up to 180 resources (including valorite ore and stone), BEFORE the event (and the numbers below 80k were from trips like Moonglow and New Mag where I took the moongates - everywhere else was on foot, with rowboat crossings at the end for Skara and Jhelom, for maximum payout).

The event money values are even better - and I've seen an uptick in the higher-end rewards.

Anyone who actually crafts with stone regularly want to pipe in on just how hard it is to MINE valorite stone in those quantities? It's not easy, though I've not tried a rock hammer yet.
My character trust me does 5 line orders all day long... it's not those rewards that are lame save the scales... who uses those... if Dragon Armor didn't suck so bad maybe they would be worthwhile... but we all know for some of the HARDEST stuff to make one would think they would come with some benefit that justifies it... but no... they don't...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

You kinda forgot a part...

…to what end are these treasures important and what role do they play – only time will tell…

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You kinda forgot a part...

…to what end are these treasures important and what role do they play – only time will tell…
Ummm .. that part is meant for the "exotic treasures are found buried deep"... not the "otherwise useless trinkets of unknown highwaymen"..

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ummm .. that part is meant for the "exotic treasures are found buried deep"... not the "otherwise useless trinkets of unknown highwaymen"..
Mayybeee..maybe not! Only time will tell!!

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would like it if we got clarification from the devs as to whether the items are needed or not. That part is very boring but I'm havin a lot more fun with part 2

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I would like it if we got clarification from the devs as to whether the items are needed or not. That part is very boring but I'm havin a lot more fun with part 2
I think it's because part 2 has more player control. I didn't have a problem with the ambushes - I did have a problem with them spawning, or rather, them NOT spawning, for up to hours on end.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My current record is 22 Ambushes in a row without a drop and haven't gotten one since yesterday.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep getting motherfracking phylacteries... 17 and counting!

I just want a GD'd scourge and a ritual tome!!!! :cursing:

Thanks God - I'm not alone....15 demonic amuletts and still missing a few - so the wand, the tome, Boline, dried insiense and the map -
uh....is this crazy enough to enter this new "Pagan" world?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
47 ambush groups running around for 4 1/2 hours on 5 different trade orders - one amulet, I'm done with this dumb deal, absolutely asinine droprate. The first order was running around Moonglow with 25 ambush groups, that's the amulet, the other 22 ambushes were divided into the 4 other trade orders and nada, zero, zilch.

I have no idea how many trade orders I have ran in this stupid deal, I'd guess around 50 and each one running around, but I still don't have boline, goblet, tome, incense or scourge.

I am totally disgusted with this game right now, that is just crazy to have an important anniversary event and then make it work like this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The drop rate is possibly the reason why Part 1 lasts throughout the whole Arc.
Well if the goal was to make everyone irate and disgusted then they have reached that goal... if the goal was to provide entertainment and enjoyment they have FAILED MISERABLY.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And they won't even address this fact. That adds insult to injury IMO.

Time is passing fast, if they are going to fix this it's time for em to get started on it! How long can it take to change the numbers in an equation or whatever it is?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they just need to adjust spawn so that brigands spawn every time. They carry most of the items that drop. (Tome, Scourge, Goblet, Boline, Dried insence, Stole) Any other spawn only drops (Gorget, Amulet, trapped soul). I get too many spawns with only one brigand or no brigands, which is why many people get so many amulets and trapped souls. Fix the brigand spawn rate please. @Kyronix

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I noticed that too, Brigands were much more likely to have the items, so if you get a few Brigands together you have a better chance to get something.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really need to turn up the rarer ones drop more I'm still missing 3
Going to spend the hole 4 weeks just trying to get these items and miss out on the rest....

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night Petra arranged a caravan for the alliane and it was great fun. We ment to take the quest in Minoc and go shopping , then walk to all cities we had deliveries in. We went to Vesper Britain and Skara , then it was too late to go on. We had countless of ambushes, we didnt have time to move between them ! We could have five or six ambushes before we had a chance to move on, and not many steps before nexrt attack ! We got wagons falling in our heads and trapping some of us and the pets till the wagon dissapered. It was very intense and we did get drops that we will share. Needless to say we mainly got bottles and amulets that noone wanted but also some good ones. No wands thou..
I've gotten one wand is all. Pentagram Adorned Wand.jpg