• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Topics I'd like to see at next Meet & Greet

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol what? Lets review some details
1. Make a pool of rewards, or specific rewards that you tie to specific group of mobs or single mob
2. If you make the mob random, then its still going to be a pool of possible spawn points + mobs which can drop the reward
3. Perhaps follow other games with rare mobs which spawn randomly between 24-72 hours or longer, which either gives a garunteed reward or a chance at one. You can even randomize its spawn points.

But it would still be fixed spawn points that people would figure out, and it would still be farmed and scripted to hell.
The only reason things are scripted to hell is because our current team refuses to be honest about the issue with bot farming. You and I both know a physical switch isn't the issue, I really wish you would just address the elephant in the room rather than ride on it.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only reason things are scripted to hell is because our current team refuses to be honest about the issue with bot farming. You and I both know a physical switch isn't the issue, I really wish you would just address the elephant in the room rather than ride on it.
What are we talking about now? Wasn't it about the idea of going back to drops on corpses?

Physical switch? Elephant in the room?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are we talking about now? Wasn't it about the idea of going back to drops on corpses?

Physical switch? Elephant in the room?
I am talking about the bot farming done using programs, not with a physical switch like the one Mesanna blames botting on every time she is asked. BTW, I don't know if you use that stuff, but we both know others who do (elephant in the room). Reread my first post for clarity. With corpse loot and no bot farming, events of all kinds would be more fun for all those that attend and not just a select few.

Edit: and if you think this is for my benefit...I quit the rares scene over half a decade ago when MAH passed. I came back 8 months ago as a casual player only to leave again after seeing the state of things...

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am talking about the bot farming done using programs, not with a physical switch like the one Mesanna blames botting on every time she is asked. BTW, I don't know if you use that stuff, but we both know others who do (elephant in the room). Reread my first post for clarity. With corpse loot and no bot farming, events of all kinds would be more fun for all those that attend and not just a select few.
Oh please, because NOONE scripted when drops were on corpses. That stuff was being scripted just like everything else! Especially the Events which had the drops on corpses be in bags.

Putting drops on corpses would completely screw over the regular players all in some weird attempt to fight scripters

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh please, because NOONE scripted when drops were on corpses. That stuff was being scripted just like everything else! Especially the Events which had the drops on corpses be in bags.

Putting drops on corpses would completely screw over the regular players all in some weird attempt to fight scripters
You know, I can't recall a single time when scripters were an issue. (Edit: they might have been a problem I just wasn't aware of given my luck, but I don't recall the same feeling of dread as seeing 5 people actually scripting with a total of 40+ characters at every...single...event. )

I shared my tricks with you freely as a friend, and in doing so you knew there was no need to script. If you recall, I told you that all you needed were a good sense of your surroundings, know what monsters died in what order, and a last object last target macro. You had no issue from that point forward my friend.

EDIT: the bags I could see being an issue, but I don't remember...perhaps because I earned the item and didn't need to wait for it to go public loot? Not sure there...

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we get a show of hands of how many people reading the exchange in this thread between Promathia and Restroom Cowboy feel like a complete and utter rube when it comes to the EM system? And how many people wish the money spent on that program could have instead been spent on hiring a part-time person to design global events for all UO players to enjoy?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time at events, I cant find the corpse because everyone is standing on it and all the pets standing around.

We are fighting a dragon and the corpse has a name like earth elemental. Just like 10 other corpses near it.

I prefer the pack drop.
Ctrl + Shift was my BFF at events. In UOA there has always been an option for auto show corpse names. When the mob died you simply dbl click the name, then use your macro to open it once you are in range...problem solved.

EC: I don't know...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we get a show of hands of how many people reading the exchange in this thread between Promathia and Restroom Cowboy feel like a complete and utter rube when it comes to the EM system? And how many people wish the money spent on that program could have instead been spent on hiring a part-time person to design global events for all UO players to enjoy?
You shouldn't feel like a rube...we are simply discussing game mechanics, and the different methods of loot distributions. Pros/cons.

I agree with you, global events would be peachy for everyone but I don't think they are in the cards. The last time they did that the team was three times its current size.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The same can be said for maximizing potential in anything that exists.

How do I best min/max soloing Peerless? How do I best min/max doing BODS? No different than people trying to min/max EM Events.

Want the money spent more on Global Events? Ok, I will just min/max that too, and I am sure I would perform better than most casual players.

The best part about EM Events right now, is everyone CAN enjoy. The drops being random/the point system/drops in your backpack MAKE it that way. Its just people who don't do events or who already have their mind made up about them refuse to actually see that.

Sure EM Events have issues, just like there are issues with anything else.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
same feeling of dread as seeing 5 people actually scripting with a total of 40+ characters at every...single...event. )
I would find the dread in the old days much worse with script looters than I would with Multiboxers (And dont get me wrong, I hate multiboxers). But even if they bring 10 characters, drops are still random and Im still building up my points.

I do just fine with 1-2 characters per server, mulitboxers or not. Worst thing they really do to me personally is lower the prices I can sell things at.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pack drops are fine, think they were a long overdue change from special drops on the corpse.

In the context of EM events, pack drops are not the real issue... failure of the UO leadership to actively enforce the TOS is.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not true. But it's a waste of my time and yours to debate it again.
True, I don't expect to change your opinion on it.

All I know is, there are plenty of events I can choose to attend, I'm able to follow the storyline, I'm able to interact with the EM/Story, and I get drops at a pretty good frequency.

I strongly feel that if Im able to do all of that, so can everyone considering its not like I do anything complicated or special.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
-refinements, refinements, refinements need to stack
-about the script looters/events, some are using script that loots all legendary items when it goes public. also not sure if ec\pincos allows option for people to see only legendary item for easy loot, could be rumor
-no drops on corpse, people did all kinds of crap so people couldn't loot, like a little kid
-I like bless bag idea, I wanted book for all my mage books, rune book exc...... so many books, I put in normal bag now but if I die books all over pack lol.

-the one issue I have is cheating/unfair practices. this is all that matters to me and the people I know.

some other things to look at
-a bod type book for repair deeds with a price all option, same price. new people can not get stuff repaired on some shards.
-arrow prices for new people are way too high, seen people leave game because they spent all their money on arrows and don't get enough gold back to buy more, kind of funny been going on for long time. news players shouldn't make archer as
first char unless fixed. I don't know if scripters are buying arrows at all the cities. maybe a price cap on arrows/bolts. a lot of these new players also buy fletching thinking they need it for an archer lol.

-last thing and maybe the most important, why don't we have a huge collection of videos to teach people how to do stuff. it doesn't cost anything, new/old can get good info they need which will help them stay in the game. there is so much to know. it doesn't make sense. need to be on stratics and/or uo.com. just my opinions

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not make the drops more of a memento of just being there versus something that causes greed. Everyone that shows up gets a drop to say I was there helped win the event. Take the gold hoarders out of it and maybe you wont see all the multiboxxers showing up to collect their blood money.

I have no stake in any of the event stuff, cause I think its all worthless crap. IF it cant be equipped to help me kill other players or monsters its useless, theres enough useless crap in game already, we don't need anymore. I think corpse drops will also help this cause of making events better for those who do them as well as in game bosses. Just cap the multiplier like covenant suggests. There is people on here that have come up with ideas all the time, then people just say that's a bad idea and you don't have any reason as to why. Explain yourself in a way that makes sense and maybe youll get better responses.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up. Please keep all comments to the OP "Topics I'd like to see at next Meet & Greet" without any personal attacks or accusations. All posts that do not follow will be removed and warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would be nice but if we are being blatantly obvious than I have to say that it wouldn't do a lick of good because Kyronix will just make it a grindfest where only ONE class/type can even do the #&$(& event whatever it is and everyone else would be S.O.L. So NO... forget it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, I don't expect to change your opinion on it.

All I know is, there are plenty of events I can choose to attend, I'm able to follow the storyline, I'm able to interact with the EM/Story, and I get drops at a pretty good frequency.

I strongly feel that if Im able to do all of that, so can everyone considering its not like I do anything complicated or special.
id have to disagree with you. 2 years ago, before the excessive botting yes id agree. however its much harder for a basic character to just get looting rights to build those points now. You either have the boss go down in 5 seconds, or a very hard boss like valorite elemental / deathspit, or abyssal inferno. in all these cases, it makes it much more difficult to just get a shot at looting rights than what was the intent of the system.

And we all said this would happen when lineman proposed the change (that most people here were rooting for) Well it backfired, big surprise, 2 years later and its often harder for a basic geared / templated character to get a chance for a drop than it would be for that same character to make the top damager list under the previous system.

I agree, in theory the system is great. but in reality, its not achieving close to what it was meant to.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not make the drops more of a memento of just being there versus something that causes greed. Everyone that shows up gets a drop to say I was there helped win the event. Take the gold hoarders out of it and maybe you wont see all the multiboxxers showing up to collect their blood money.

I have no stake in any of the event stuff, cause I think its all worthless crap. IF it cant be equipped to help me kill other players or monsters its useless, theres enough useless crap in game already, we don't need anymore. I think corpse drops will also help this cause of making events better for those who do them as well as in game bosses. Just cap the multiplier like covenant suggests. There is people on here that have come up with ideas all the time, then people just say that's a bad idea and you don't have any reason as to why. Explain yourself in a way that makes sense and maybe youll get better responses.
I also would be fine with everybody getting some deco item. I got a tunic at the last one. Stats were like one a non exceptional. Cant hang it on a wall so I sold it for pet scrolls. The pet can kill stuff.

I think they should make a clicky at the end of the event to get one item per account.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't even need to make a test-setup. Just go to an EM event in the EC. Wait for the main boss corpse to go public then try to open it. I totally agree. It is very sad.
@Bleak @Kyronix

For. The. Love. Of. UO. Do. This. Please.

One play in the default EC, the other play in a current version of Pinco's UI.

Open the public corpse of boss mobs at several events. Also, watch the awful lag from the big explosions.

Then fix it. Please, please fix it.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
id have to disagree with you. 2 years ago, before the excessive botting yes id agree. however its much harder for a basic character to just get looting rights to build those points now. You either have the boss go down in 5 seconds, or a very hard boss like valorite elemental / deathspit, or abyssal inferno. in all these cases, it makes it much more difficult to just get a shot at looting rights than what was the intent of the system.

And we all said this would happen when lineman proposed the change (that most people here were rooting for) Well it backfired, big surprise, 2 years later and its often harder for a basic geared / templated character to get a chance for a drop than it would be for that same character to make the top damager list under the previous system.

I agree, in theory the system is great. but in reality, its not achieving close to what it was meant to.

Except now they are guaranteed a drop, eventually through attendance.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would find the dread in the old days much worse with script looters than I would with Multiboxers (And dont get me wrong, I hate multiboxers). But even if they bring 10 characters, drops are still random and Im still building up my points.

I do just fine with 1-2 characters per server, mulitboxers or not. Worst thing they really do to me personally is lower the prices I can sell things at.
I don't think it is possible to disagree more.

Here is a rundown of what I witnessed over the course of 3 months.
1) counts were taken of players to decide the number of EM items for a following event. (we don't physically *see* this, but drop rates for future events were determined by factors such as player counts...)
2) event occurred
3) 5+ people gate in an extra 30-50 characters to kill the endboss, who then recall out immediately after.
4) due to player counts 70+% of these items go to botters.
5) locals get angry, next item count upped.
6) next event occurs and only those with looting rights get the item. (I have seen events where 70 items were supposed to drop but looting rights was an issue for a majority of the players)
7) rinse and repeat.

Personally, I see an issue with that system. The botters only bring in characters near the end of an event, and they don't stay long enough for proper counts to occur. Their appearance alone completely games the loot table, and points accrued or not, most locals won't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting looting rights necessary for a drop to occur.

Seems a pretty darned vital issue to me, not to mention lets not forget that with corpse loot, you also had unique items. Recent events should help you reflect further as to what happens when unique EM items get removed...

Oh and I forgot to mention how effed up the economy is as a result of all this...but that is for another thread...

*end rant*

I also forgot how many times Clops took the bosses health back to full when the mages were out of mana. Final straw for me...

Last edited:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except now they are guaranteed a drop, eventually through attendance.
A points system only works if credit is given. In this case, what do you think happens if a player attends but never gets looting rights? I had this happen many times, but over the course of a few months I was unable to give that fair thought. I imagine it works the same as a new player being at an event with the dagger they just spawned in with...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Kyronix

For. The. Love. Of. UO. Do. This. Please.

One play in the default EC, the other play in a current version of Pinco's UI.

Open the public corpse of boss mobs at several events. Also, watch the awful lag from the big explosions.

Then fix it. Please, please fix it.
Part of the issue is too many items on the corpse (EC taking into account all items and not just personal loot), the second is necro spells making it impossible to loot period in EC. Item counts should be limited to 125 items once a corpse goes public to prevent some of the issues people have. Make bosses necro proof and you solve one of the other issues.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On the subjects of Refinements

I personally only have 3 Amalgamators. I have my refinements in 2 chests, and a third chest that receives those I loot. When the 3rd chest hits 30-50 refinements, I do the sort and amalgamation. I've YET to have my amalgamations go over 200, and I've done 199 SOS and around 250 T-maps in the last 6 weeks (plus about 20 spawns or other boss types), and started with over 100 refinements. I Have, on the other hand, combined enough refinements to make about 10-12 Invulnerability refinements, and looted another 4-5 (from mid-level chests and SOS, no less). In one occasion, I had 10 refinements in a chest for gargish stone, added one Defense, started Amalgamating, and ended up with 1 Invulnerabilty refinement and NO lesser ones for that type.

There are only 120 types of refinements. If you wanted to invest in 73 Amalgamators (see below), you wouldn't need to worry about stacking

2[sup]a[/sup] x(2+4+6)[sup]b[/sup] x3[sup]c[/sup] amalgamators, plus 1. Or 73 Amalgamators. That's a LOT of clean-up points, but not all that much in the long run (especially if you are doing T-maps and SOS for your refinements)

a = There are the reinforcement and deflecting refinements
b = Each side is divided into three art styles; 1 is for 2 armor types (carpentry/masonry types), 1 is for 4 armor types (Tailor types), and 1 is for 6 armor types (Smith types)
c = As you can always combine 2 Defense into 1 Protection, you only need ONE amalgamator for all 24 "Defense" levels. Combine every time a Defense type hits two (and never put a singleton Defense into an Amalgamator unless you have the match to complete it). I'd rather not have Invulnerability types stack - I've seen too many bugs in the past where stuff that was consumed by use did in an entire stack from using one - or not coming unstacked.
So, you only need dedicated amalgamators for the Protection (3 combine to...), Hardening (4 combine to...) and Fortification (5 combine to Invulnerability) levels.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow Basara I have no idea what you're talking about! Soo much in this game that I don't know about!

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Fix the issue with leftover points with animal training !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There seem to be a lot of problems with pets that need attention. I was surprised nobody asked about vanishing pets at the last M&G. The slot jumping problem seems pretty serious too.
As for changing the EM system, Messana has been asked at M&G's before about changing from pack drops to a clicky and she said no. She won't make them shard-bound either. If they didn't have a drop or clicky at all I think a lot of people who stopped going, especially the RP community, might start attending events again. I wasn't going for the rares, I was going to support the EM, after all the multi-boxers and shard hoppers started going it just wasn't fun any more. The constant whining got on my nerves.
On Europa last night quite a few of our guild went to a dungeon crawl with EM Kimmie at Ankh dungeon, no drops, so no multi-boxers and no x-sharders, it was quite fun, other than the crimson dragons lagging the EC to hell! :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa last night quite a few of our guild went to a dungeon crawl with EM Kimmie at Ankh dungeon, no drops, so no multi-boxers and no x-sharders, it was quite fun, other than the crimson dragons lagging the EC to hell! :D
Did the EC lock up like crazy when trying to open the crimson dragon corpse once it went public? I get this all the time and it really sucks. It's a shame because so many people don't bother to check the loot and I've pulled a bunch off good legendaries from these in the past.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@DJAd Yes it does do that, slows to nothing at all, but my PC also goes into a meltdown every time there is a supernova type effect. Some spells just make the screen flash white. I would understand it if my PC was old, but it can play plenty of other MMO's, I played ESO and RIFT most recently. Seems crazy that a 20 year old game is doing this! :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@DJAd Yes it does do that, slows to nothing at all, but my PC also goes into a meltdown every time there is a supernova type effect. Some spells just make the screen flash white. I would understand it if my PC was old, but it can play plenty of other MMO's, I played ESO and RIFT most recently. Seems crazy that a 20 year old game is doing this! :(
I get exactly the same thing. At first I thought maybe it was just my PC but after speaking to others and reading the posts on here it seems like a client issue. I've sent emails, bug reports and it's still the same. I guess it's fallen on deaf ears.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get exactly the same thing. At first I thought maybe it was just my PC but after speaking to others and reading the posts on here it seems like a client issue. I've sent emails, bug reports and it's still the same. I guess it's fallen on deaf ears.
I don't go to EM events very often, but when I do, my client freezes :p

I mean... as long as I'm not fighting minor spawn while the boss is spawned in a remote location nobody could have known of.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of you read Larisa's reports of the Meet & Greets????
I am beginning to think your hoping someone else will do it for you and tell you the short form.
oh and a side note... When the dev say: not at this time
It means they are working on other things for the game and this is not on that list yet.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A points system only works if credit is given. In this case, what do you think happens if a player attends but never gets looting rights? I had this happen many times, but over the course of a few months I was unable to give that fair thought. I imagine it works the same as a new player being at an event with the dagger they just spawned in with...
I guess to be honest I don't know how the points accumulate. Is it if you don't get the drop but get loot rights? or is it just attendance at the event? Honestly I haven't a clue...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess to be honest I don't know how the points accumulate. Is it if you don't get the drop but get loot rights? or is it just attendance at the event? Honestly I haven't a clue...
If it were just attendance, new players who attend would get drops. From what I have gathered from others experimenting just being there isn't enough, you need to get actual credit...in a similar manner to Doom.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same can be said for maximizing potential in anything that exists.

How do I best min/max soloing Peerless? How do I best min/max doing BODS? No different than people trying to min/max EM Events.

Want the money spent more on Global Events? Ok, I will just min/max that too, and I am sure I would perform better than most casual players.

The best part about EM Events right now, is everyone CAN enjoy. The drops being random/the point system/drops in your backpack MAKE it that way. Its just people who don't do events or who already have their mind made up about them refuse to actually see that.

Sure EM Events have issues, just like there are issues with anything else.
Maximizing potential? Sure, as long as it is within the defined ruleset. However you don't step up to a dealers table at a casino with the intent on counting cards to maximize gains legitimately. Doing so is against the rules, regardless of if you can get away with it or not.

Rules are put into place because people just seem to have an issue with self control and doing the right thing. The only time rules become an issue is when those responsible with upholding the rules look the other way. At this time, and for a period of at least the last 5 years, Mesanna has actively looked the other way while a few screw the rest of us.

Again, for those of you paying attention, there is no physical switch being used by multibotters, they are using detectable unapproved 3rd party programs. If freeshards can detect these and ban players who use this crap, you would think the developers would have reigned in on the issue years ago.

But please, feel free Promathia to continue to ride that elephant and tell us all is well...

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the idea of rewards/artifacts and such, being dropped on the monster's corpse. I have bad vision, even with glasses, and sorting through loot is very difficult for me as it is.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the EC lock up like crazy when trying to open the crimson dragon corpse once it went public? I get this all the time and it really sucks. It's a shame because so many people don't bother to check the loot and I've pulled a bunch off good legendaries from these in the past.
The reason it locks up is because there are too many items on the corpse. The client was not designed to allow for 125+x items, and it is the +x that is causing you to lock up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been complaining since they new UI went into place... This problem was FIXED ages ago .... and when they put in the "new" UI they put it into an OLD version of the EC... putting THAT issue and many other long fixed bugs BACK into the EC...

The issue with the super nova and other big graphics hogging things has been plaguing the EC since day 1 and they REFUSE to stop using it... every big boss with a drop will spam that crap till your vid card just gives up and shuts you down. And they do it repeatedly every 2 seconds.... over and over and over... used to be you could zoom in and after it did it one time you'd be fine... it wouldn't do it again.... but anymore it just keeps doing it... I almost feel like the DEVs do it on purpose to ensure that those in the EC can't get a drop.... giving more favor to the multi-boxing CC groups... really almost feels that way.

And the fact that it takes up to a min or so to actually go through dying is another thing that makes me feel as though they put that crap in on purpose to get the EC players to quit going to events or something... I almost feel targeted.

Between being unable to loot a public corpse, taking over 30 seconds or more to die and having my client crash from being **** spammed with the ridiculous effects being over spammed (and since they have begun spawning 2 or 3 mobs with drops that all do the same F'in thing.)..... it really is like it's done ON PURPOSE. Especially since I know at least half a dozen players like myself who have been harping on this problem for YEARS. And yes it falls on deaf ears... Well when I come to the meet-up in Sept I can guarantee that the subject WILL come up.... and they can't just poo poo it. Face to face time.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the idea of rewards/artifacts and such, being dropped on the monster's corpse. I have bad vision, even with glasses, and sorting through loot is very difficult for me as it is.
How do you loot regular mobs now? If there are only 4 items on a corpse and one is oddly hued, would you have an issue looting it? Mind you, I am not picking on you in the slightest, my coordination is limited.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cant go to a clicky cause then most people will just show up at the end to click it and not help with the event. Like others stated they have to max total items on corpse and make the event drops go to the corpse. There will be very little crashing this way and just a better experience all around. Maybe the EM's can come up with a end boss that does mass purge magic to slow down the multibox wraith throwers, or one that teleports and disarms to who dealing better damage. Make events great again!! Ha

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
items on corpses are very disorganized in the classic client backpack. im not switching to the EC, so theres that. And there are many creatures that drop a butt load of loot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's an idea on making event drops a little more organized.

1. Make a point system for the events. sub-bosses give some points, with the final boss giving the most. Your base chance for a "Drop" is based on this.
  2. Have the game monitor the amount of time an account spends logged in on each shard each week (there's probably infrastructure in the software that would allow this).
  3. Multiply the base drop chance by the percentage of the active time the account spent on that shard. That would increase the drop chance for locals (and alas, banksitters) over those that show up at events on all shards.
  4. Once the numbers are calculated, everyone gets their chance at a drop from a 24-hour dispenser. Anyone with a non-zero score for that event gets a random reward (suggest the list from trade orders). However, if they get a "positive" result for a reward drop, they get the rare event item instead. Instead of being capped, the level of participation and random chance would be the factor for the number of drops.
  5. Best of all, the "Non-drop" events could still have these mundane rewards, as an incentive for the true locals.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

1. Make a point system for the events. sub-bosses give some points, with the final boss giving the most. Your base chance for a "Drop" is based on this.
  2. Have the game monitor the amount of time an account spends logged in on each shard each week (there's probably infrastructure in the software that would allow this).
  3. Multiply the base drop chance by the percentage of the active time the account spent on that shard. That would increase the drop chance for locals (and alas, banksitters) over those that show up at events on all shards.
  4. Once the numbers are calculated, everyone gets their chance at a drop from a 24-hour dispenser. Anyone with a non-zero score for that event gets a random reward (suggest the list from trade orders). However, if they get a "positive" result for a reward drop, they get the rare event item instead. Instead of being capped, the level of participation and random chance would be the factor for the number of drops.
  5. Best of all, the "Non-drop" events could still have these mundane rewards, as an incentive for the true locals.
Are you kidding??? How many would just keep their account logged in doing nothing at all???

What about people like myself who have 10+ accounts??? Even if I'm online in-game 100 hours or more each account might get a fraction of that 100... not really fair there... I don't play my "main" all the time.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The elephant is still stomping around the room in this scenario. Look at bitcoin farms, they don't require 24/7 monitoring to benefit from their setup, so keeping characters logged in for a certain amount of time would negate the purpose, and keeping characters logged is effort free for bots.

Lets not forget there are collectors out there who honestly do events as part of their fun, you can factor them out of the equation if drops are related to time spent online.

Finally another issue would be with looting rights. If a player never gets rights, they don't get the credit.

The current system was a good idea, but the system was gamed the moment insiders shared how loot is distributed, which in turn lead to the strategy of botters logging in and out only for the purpose of fighting the final boss. If you want that to change, the dev team needs to actively stand by their RoC and ToS...period. Would the botters be difficult to track, hell no, just go after the person gating the bots in, and work your way out from there. These systems obviously are broadcasting through the same connection, shouldn't be difficult to queue the IP address...

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason it locks up is because there are too many items on the corpse. The client was not designed to allow for 125+x items, and it is the +x that is causing you to lock up.
Yes that is correct. The EC will switch into "list mode" for corpses when there is lots of loot. This is horrible as every time an item is moved the whole list jumps around. I think this was the fix they tried before which doesn't actually fix anything.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Topic i'd like to see is.....
Mesanna to admit she was wrong to implement a new skin on a creature that nobody asked for and reverse said action and restore the Tamable Phoenix back to it's original design.
Leave the "greater phoenix" spawn looking like puke dipped giant turkeys but for god sake change the "phoenix" back to the way it was......