• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Topics I'd like to see at next Meet & Greet

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of these are from the Classic Client:

- Pet Slot Jumping Bug.
- Armor Ignore Bug with Pets (misfiring of AI, and damage not registering).
- PvP & Pets: Find out if damage increase on pets due to high hit points, scales for pets with lower hit points.
- Housing: Ask if we can get a new security option on homes to allow just guild members in.
- If we can get Swamp Dragons to be trainable - at least slot 1 to 3 would be cool.
- In classic client, when a pet enters into honorable combat with something, the Perfection Icon in the Buff/Debuff bar doesn't change at all, it stays at zero and never moves.
- WE NEED "PET RESPEC" TOKENS IN THE ULTIMA STORE ASAP!!!
- New Craftable for Cooking skill: War Paint. Make some War Paint just like you'd make Savage Kin Paint. Make them out of whatever items you chose. Let them add special abilities to the character for different types of it. Like, Hit Chance Increase +5 and Faster Casting/Faster Casting Recovery +1/+1. Lower Mana Cost +3, etc.
- Book Satchels: An item that lets you put your spell books, rune books, runic atlas', etc, into the satchel, so when you die the books wont just pop into your main pack all disorganized and such, like when you put all your books into a regular container (bag, backpack, pouch, and so on).

That's about it for now. I have a couple other ones, but i can't remember them at the moment.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally would like settings for Alliance members as well.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- New Craftable for Cooking skill: War Paint. Make some War Paint just like you'd make Savage Kin Paint. Make them out of whatever items you chose. Let them add special abilities to the character for different types of it. Like, Hit Chance Increase +5 and Faster Casting/Faster Casting Recovery +1/+1. Lower Mana Cost +3, etc.
Magical Fish Pies cover a few of these.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loot review for the whole freaking game.

A person posted the other day about wanting to do ML bosses but felt it was a waste of time as the loot was next to worthless(save for a drop I guess) to which I couldn't agree more. I've done that roof thing once with friends who have all accepted it as the current end game but IT SUCKS SO BAD. 90% of the game isn't worth doing with the current table, 5% gives some drop that isn't related to "loot" but is otherwise questionable, 3% might give a item but the intensity is far from the roof and the remaining 2% takes far to long for a casual player to do without a day or more of planning, it's such a waste of the game to limit content to such a small segment.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Increasing custom house sizes... 24x24? : P : P

A person posted the other day about wanting to do ML bosses but felt it was a waste of time as the loot was next to worthless(save for a drop I guess) to which I couldn't agree more. I've done that roof thing once with friends who have all accepted it as the current end game but IT SUCKS SO BAD. 90% of the game isn't worth doing with the current table, 5% gives some drop that isn't related to "loot" but is otherwise questionable, 3% might give a item but the intensity is far from the roof and the remaining 2% takes far to long for a casual player to do without a day or more of planning, it's such a waste of the game to limit content to such a small segment.
Agreed... paragon lich lords should drop the exact same loot as from the roof or Exodus. The roof or Exodus will give you 120 chances of course... and the Lich Lord might give 3-5. The lich lord spawns, balron spawns, dragon spawns and ect. are completely worthless now.... I might not want to go do the "roof..." Quite frankly we are tired of killing Anon and have not been in months. Any monster lvl 5 (or however they do it now...) should have equal chances of super items. They opened the door by making them in the first place, which should not have been done. Now the game is worthless unless you go to Exodus or the Roof.... it's just sad. That's why I just deco... and have been out of gold for months.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I'd probably want to actually do the ML bosses more if getting taint, corruption and nice talismans were more likely... but getting taint is like next to impossible and doing several Lady M's or even Travisty or whatever often if it gives any is like 2... which when you need 10 is LAME... such a waste of time and more often than not there are no good talismans either your better of getting spring clean ones or the reward stuffs from BoDs to get a decent crafting Talisman... it's rather a shame... If other dungeons could drop stuff like Blackthorns for turn in I'd do that... If the undead room in the Underworld were in Blackthorns I might have enough items to turn in but since the hellhound room and mage room as well as the gold elementals are more often than not take up by botters... going to blackthorns to wait around for ages on end for stuff to respawn is BORING... Stuff doesn't respawn in the old dungeons near fast enough to make it worth while... standing about twiddling thumbs waiting for spawn isn't my idea of fun... I thought it would be good to take some of my new pets and do some of the old dungeons but it got boring... Hythloth, Deceit, Destard, Fire and Ice have a slow respawn... walk around and around and around waiting for something to spawn...

The Fan Dancer Dojo has a good spawn rate as does the Citadel... but you don't get anything from killing it... no ToT or anything... might find a piece of origami paper after killing over 400 fandancers but yeah... not real good drop there anyway... no one wants that.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove the "Direct to Pack" drop and make those items appear in the corpse loot on mobs, bosses, peerless, EM Event drops etc.

Of course there should also be Party-loot options so that players could remain in party and have their loot "split" individually as it is when you're not in party.

The loot multiplier should be capped at a reasonable level (maybe x10 since that's maximum party size), so that you won't "Crash" (both Clients) while opening public corpses when 15+ people earn looting rights.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
New recipes for upgrading the following artifacts:

• Tokuno minors
  • Tokuno majors
  • Paragon/TH/fishing minors (including the TH/fishing exclusives)
  • Mondain's Legacy minors
  • 10th Anniversary Virtue Dungeon drops.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I guess I'm the only person in the game that still loves to do peerless...and the roof..and treasure hunting....and I do...I truly do....wanna know why?

Cus it means I'm hangin out with my friends.....drops don't matter....loot doesn't matter.....I can do despise all day long as long as I am with my friends....getting some good 120's is nice...but if we don't...I don't care....it's HAVING the game and HAVING the friends to play it with.

I've always hated the I WANT I WANT GIMME GIMME attitudes.....it's everywhere...I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW! I don't want to have to work for it....do the roof one time and get every arty and every amazing legendary piece in the game..I want 10 taint EVERY time I do a peerless...I don't wanna have to WORK for it....WHAA WHAA WHAA.....good lord people what happened????

shakes head

It's true what they say.....rich people die rich and alone and unhappy(not all but a lot)...poor people have more then riches...they have friends and family.

UO is my riches....my friends that I don't get to see every day because they live in all parts of the world...how cool is that?? I can't just hop in my car and go visit my friends in Canada....but I can get on my sampire and hang out with him and do spawns and talk and have a blast.....my BEST friend lives only 8 hours away.....but it might as well be 800.....when we are spawning, treasure hunting...hell just hangin out in game it's SO much better....(Yep there's the glass half-full thing again!)

If people would just stop focusing on OMG I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED I'M NEVER DOING IT AGAIN...and focus more on...HEY LETS GO HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN....

Again...half-full........long live UO :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

- Pet Slot Jumping Bug.
- PvP & Pets: Find out if damage increase on pets due to high hit points, scales for pets with lower hit points.
- Housing: Ask if we can get a new security option on homes to allow just guild members in.
- If we can get Swamp Dragons to be trainable - at least slot 1 to 3 would be cool.
- In classic client, when a pet enters into honorable combat with something, the Perfection Icon in the Buff/Debuff bar doesn't change at all, it stays at zero and never moves.
- Book Satchels: An item that lets you put your spell books, rune books, runic atlas', etc, into the satchel, so when you die the books wont just pop into your main pack all disorganized and such, like when you put all your books into a regular container (bag, backpack, pouch, and so on).

That's about it for now. I have a couple other ones, but i can't remember them at the moment.
All you have to do is show up.

Greetings all,

For the month of July we will be on Napa Valley July 17th at 9 pm ET and on Balhae July 31st at 9 am ET. Please have all your questions ready and we will see you there!

UO Team

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Search feature for Bod books!

Please God PLEASE! Something where after you choose Blacksmith, then say iron, you could type helmet, or chainmail. I have been sorting and organizing my bods. I want to scream, cry, and paper Luna bank in blacksmith and tailoring bods. The way it is now its clunky. I think it can be done. Do something like we learned in mobile apps development class using multiple drop downs. 1st drop down would be bod type blacksmith, tailor etc. Then next would metal type, wood type leather type, etc. Then maybe a text box where you type in a keyword for search like chainmail, studded, bone etc. I am not being a whiny a** crafter here, the way it is now I get a headache, LITERALLY! Jirel is work on a major case of carpal-tunnel as she's been trying to help.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I'm the only person in the game that still loves to do peerless...and the roof..and treasure hunting....and I do...I truly do....wanna know why?

Cus it means I'm hangin out with my friends.....drops don't matter....loot doesn't matter.....I can do despise all day long as long as I am with my friends....getting some good 120's is nice...but if we don't...I don't care....it's HAVING the game and HAVING the friends to play it with.

I've always hated the I WANT I WANT GIMME GIMME attitudes.....it's everywhere...I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW! I don't want to have to work for it....do the roof one time and get every arty and every amazing legendary piece in the game..I want 10 taint EVERY time I do a peerless...I don't wanna have to WORK for it....WHAA WHAA WHAA.....good lord people what happened????

shakes head

It's true what they say.....rich people die rich and alone and unhappy(not all but a lot)...poor people have more then riches...they have friends and family.

UO is my riches....my friends that I don't get to see every day because they live in all parts of the world...how cool is that?? I can't just hop in my car and go visit my friends in Canada....but I can get on my sampire and hang out with him and do spawns and talk and have a blast.....my BEST friend lives only 8 hours away.....but it might as well be 800.....when we are spawning, treasure hunting...hell just hangin out in game it's SO much better....(Yep there's the glass half-full thing again!)

If people would just stop focusing on OMG I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED I'M NEVER DOING IT AGAIN...and focus more on...HEY LETS GO HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN....

Again...half-full........long live UO :)
Well it's nice you live in a fantastic bubble where your friends like to do ages old content over and over with no reward...

The rest of us are mostly left to either play by ourselves or wait around till people want to do something... or find newbs to show around... but mostly that doesn't last. They wonder what is the point of doing this???

They get disappointed in the loot and can't believe how bad it is.

One person doing lady M might get a hair dye or something.... meanwhile everyone else gets nada... and yes it's about stuff... really honestly when I hang with my friends it's about RP ... not about dungeon crawling...

If I go to dungeon crawl with a group I also expect not to spend 90% of the time picking my nose... but you take more than 2 people into Destard and that's what you'll do.... stand about picking your nose... as nothing is going to spawn for 4 to 5 min... same with doing Navrey... take a few people to do it that takes 5 min spend the next 15 standing around bored to tears...

There is very little for a group to do... gathering keys to most thing is something 1 person can easily do alone... gathering keys to Travisty is another grindy snore fest... the guys who spawn the keys only spawn 1 ever 10 min or so... so you clean all three rooms out maybe get 1 of the keys if you are lucky though I've gone 3 or 4 rounds without getting a SINGLE key... but 1 person can do that easily... bring 2 friends and your all having .25 seconds of action and a 10 min wait... It's boring.

If all I wanted to do was stand around in game and chat I can do that in Discord without bothering to pay a monthly sub to play a game I stand around in all day.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Magical Fish Pies cover a few of these.
The 5 minutes they last doesn't make them quite worth the trouble of making them, sadly. :(
They should last 60 minutes, at the very least.

As for me, I am wanting reasons to just not quit the game altogether. I took at 15 days break to do some crash courses on how to run an industrial distillery, but I am extending it to a whole month because I just didn't feel like reactivating my 5 accounts.
There is just too much unfun grinding in the game.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Larisa, I know two alliances like that on LA. I hunt with one or the other, sometimes both together, multiple times a week.

To me, the game's not fun if you forget the second "M" in MMO, even if the first hardly applies anymore.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- Pet Slot Jumping Bug.
1- Armor Ignore Bug with Pets (misfiring of AI, and damage not registering).
2- PvP & Pets: Find out if damage increase on pets due to high hit points, scales for pets with lower hit points.
3- Housing: Ask if we can get a new security option on homes to allow just guild members in.
4- If we can get Swamp Dragons to be trainable - at least slot 1 to 3 would be cool.
5- In classic client, when a pet enters into honorable combat with something, the Perfection Icon in the Buff/Debuff bar doesn't change at all, it stays at zero and never moves.
6- WE NEED "PET RESPEC" TOKENS IN THE ULTIMA STORE ASAP!!!
7- New Craftable for Cooking skill: War Paint. Make some War Paint just like you'd make Savage Kin Paint. Make them out of whatever items you chose. Let them add special abilities to the character for different types of it. Like, Hit Chance Increase +5 and Faster Casting/Faster Casting Recovery +1/+1. Lower Mana Cost +3, etc.
8- Book Satchels: An item that lets you put your spell books, rune books, runic atlas', etc, into the satchel, so when you die the books wont just pop into your main pack all disorganized and such, like when you put all your books into a regular container (bag, backpack, pouch, and so on).

1. It's a known issue to be looked at soon.
2. We will look into it and get back to you
3. Not at this time
4. It is on the list for some future publish sometime
5. It's the CC-it's too hard to code in, switch to the EC or do without
6. *laughs*
7. We just took care of crafters with bod revamp-they aren't scheduled for anything more
8. Not gonna happen.

There, I saved ya having to go to the next one ;)

:next:

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

- Pet Slot Jumping Bug.

Improved risk vs. reward. Better and updated treasure chest loot. Give thieves some damn love. Less complicated BOD books, like making them 1 item a piece so they can be sorted easier

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If I go to dungeon crawl with a group I also expect not to spend 90% of the time picking my nose... but you take more than 2 people into Destard and that's what you'll do.... stand about picking your nose... as nothing is going to spawn for 4 to 5 min... same with doing Navrey... take a few people to do it that takes 5 min spend the next 15 standing around bored to tears...
That was hilarious, I almost choked myself!
I don't mind Navrey too much, you can chat a bit in-between without worrying about dying.
What I really hate is the ridiculous grind-fests needed to access other stuff. Who thought that was fun?!
Not everyone has hours to get keys to bosses, sometimes people only have an hour and they just want to log in and do something fun...

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want a server in South America (brazil), because i really want play this game with 50ms and without 250ms

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Elaborate on that.

Then I'll tell you why it's needed.
First off when it was that way before .... Lets say your at an EM Event and it's a Crimson based Mob that has it... And it does the starburst before it dies... now that fire is all around and nearly impossible to get into... In comes someone who wants to get your drop.... all the need do to screw over most other people is have that corpse on last target ..... use annimate corpse on the mob.... now they can get the corpse open despite all the crap there and all the fire.... but NO ONE else can..... why??? because animate corpse for everyone else removes it... so it's almost like the corpse isn't even there. You can't get it's bar... you can't get in there...

Also on top of that even if they don't the EC is set up to "forget" the corpse once you've opened it... so the mob is in the middle of fire... you can't stand there and look through it so you open it one time..... now in order to get it back open you have to use last target..... but no your screwed because the last item you touched wasn't the corpse... it was a bandage.... now you can't reopen the corpse and you have to tell the EC to forget forgetting the corpse so you can go back and by the time you do the corpse is public and someone has made off with your drop.

This was the way it was back before they dropped in your pack... speed looters like myself (back when the EC actually WORKED for opening a public corpse) would have had those items picked clean in a nanosecond... I can't tell you how many "extra" drops I used to get back then... but it would shock you...

Those days are over and for good reason... no pack drops are the best way period unless they fix the issues of people using Annimate corpse and issues with fire fields that never go away... and the issues with 400+ items of loot on the public corpse blocking the people in the EC from looting any...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off when it was that way before .... Lets say your at an EM Event and it's a Crimson based Mob that has it... And it does the starburst before it dies... now that fire is all around and nearly impossible to get into... In comes someone who wants to get your drop.... all the need do to screw over most other people is have that corpse on last target ..... use annimate corpse on the mob.... now they can get the corpse open despite all the crap there and all the fire.... but NO ONE else can..... why??? because animate corpse for everyone else removes it... so it's almost like the corpse isn't even there. You can't get it's bar... you can't get in there...

Also on top of that even if they don't the EC is set up to "forget" the corpse once you've opened it... so the mob is in the middle of fire... you can't stand there and look through it so you open it one time..... now in order to get it back open you have to use last target..... but no your screwed because the last item you touched wasn't the corpse... it was a bandage.... now you can't reopen the corpse and you have to tell the EC to forget forgetting the corpse so you can go back and by the time you do the corpse is public and someone has made off with your drop.

This was the way it was back before they dropped in your pack... speed looters like myself (back when the EC actually WORKED for opening a public corpse) would have had those items picked clean in a nanosecond... I can't tell you how many "extra" drops I used to get back then... but it would shock you...
First off, it was not that way before.
Corpse loot wasn't setup to multiply as well as be divided by individuals with looting rights.

EC is setup to "forget" the corpse once you've opened it? Must be an automated corpse opening feature, because you can re-open corpses as much as you want in the default EC (I don't even play the EC, but I know this...)

Those days are over and for good reason... no pack drops are the best way period unless they fix the issues of people using Annimate corpse and issues with fire fields that never go away... and the issues with 400+ items of loot on the public corpse blocking the people in the EC from looting any...
Animate Dead & Spirit Speak are separate issues.

"issues with 400+ items of loot on public corpse blocking the people in (Both clients) from looting any..." would not be an issue, if the loot multiplier was capped at x10 (as I said).
There would be a small handful of Peerlesses that could even reach 250-300 items in a public corpse. Thus removing the "crashing" or at bare minimum reducing the chance of crashing drastically.

Honestly, my reasoning for suggesting this change has nothing to do with any of that, nor would it have any real negative effect on those things, but it would prevent "damage" by fixing exploits in areas with "direct-to-pack" drops.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off, it was not that way before.
Corpse loot wasn't setup to multiply as well as be divided by individuals with looting rights.

EC is setup to "forget" the corpse once you've opened it? Must be an automated corpse opening feature, because you can re-open corpses as much as you want in the default EC (I don't even play the EC, but I know this...)

Animate Dead & Spirit Speak are separate issues.

"issues with 400+ items of loot on public corpse blocking the people in (Both clients) from looting any..." would not be an issue, if the loot multiplier was capped at x10 (as I said).
There would be a small handful of Peerlesses that could even reach 250-300 items in a public corpse. Thus removing the "crashing" or at bare minimum reducing the chance of crashing drastically.

Honestly, my reasoning for suggesting this change has nothing to do with any of that, nor would it have any real negative effect on those things, but it would prevent "damage" by fixing exploits in areas with "direct-to-pack" drops.
While it might fix things like blackthorns... it would ruin most other things... Like EM Events.

However this fix would like .5 seconds before some genius scripter would make a bot program to auto loot all the items ...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While it might fix things like blackthorns... it would ruin most other things... Like EM Events.

However this fix would like .5 seconds before some genius scripter would make a bot program to auto loot all the items ...
It'll fix a lot more than blackthorn dungeon, you have no idea.

Ruin EM events? Based on the way you post about them, they're already ruined... What exactly would be ruined about EM events should "direct-to-pack" drops being removed and the "drops" were part of the corpse loot instead?

a scripter can not bypass the private loot phase. If that's not what you're talking about, it can be abused the exact way you describe with the current rules. so there would be no difference under those circumstances.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pro tip: Go to the actions menu and then find "other". Scroll down and find "Clear ignored item list" and drag to a hotbar or make a macro. When you click this it wipes the list of corpses that have already been opened and will give you the object hande to re-open it like it was never opened before.

and the issues with 400+ items of loot on the public corpse blocking the people in the EC from looting any...
This really, really, really needs fixing. It is so annoying. Only 400 items? I've seen over 1000 items on EM bosses where it shows the item amounts at the bottom of the container.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

- Pet Slot Jumping Bug.

Yup, sounds like the standard grab bag of M&G requests.

I'll save you some time: "We'll look into it."

:p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I'm the only person in the game that still loves to do peerless.
Doing a dreadhorn- or grizzle-run are still my favourite activities :)

There was a time when I hoped for the Devs to update that stuff, but since I realized how they screw up everything they touch (read: Doom!), I now just keep quiet in hopes they will just leave the old content for what we enjoy.

The day they touch Dreadhorn, probably making it a single-template encounter which teleports you in every three seconds and has 500k HP, I might as well quit alltogether.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. It's a known issue to be looked at soon.
2. We will look into it and get back to you
3. Not at this time
4. It is on the list for some future publish sometime
5. It's the CC-it's too hard to code in, switch to the EC or do without
6. *laughs*
7. We just took care of crafters with bod revamp-they aren't scheduled for anything more
8. Not gonna happen.

There, I saved ya having to go to the next one ;)

:next:
Without reading the questions, #6 must be asking for the new account management while #8 was asking about an serious answer to that question? :D

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really, really, really needs fixing. It is so annoying. Only 400 items? I've seen over 1000 items on EM bosses where it shows the item amounts at the bottom of the container.
And how many times has it been brought to their attention :( While @Tyrath is able to produce like 1k client crashes with the pet bugs (I'm honestly impressed!), the Devs can't even make a test-setup with 50 dummy toons happen. It's that sad, but it is what it is.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how many times has it been brought to their attention :( While @Tyrath is able to produce like 1k client crashes with the pet bugs (I'm honestly impressed!), the Devs can't even make a test-setup with 50 dummy toons happen. It's that sad, but it is what it is.
They don't even need to make a test-setup. Just go to an EM event in the EC. Wait for the main boss corpse to go public then try to open it. I totally agree. It is very sad.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't even need to make a test-setup. Just go to an EM event in the EC. Wait for the main boss corpse to go public then try to open it. I totally agree. It is very sad.
Yea, but then waiting a day or two to test your code changes at the next live event seems a bit subpar, doesn't it? :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see FOLLOW UP of all the other things from PREVIOUS meet and greets that have been requested and advised:

we can do that
that should be possible
we are looking into it
we can put it on the clean up points
we can add that to pirate loot

the list goes ON and ON.

Why even have these meet and greets when NO list is made of all the 'yes we can' and 'yes we will items' then absolutely NOTHING comes from them. When I used to have 'meetings' as a manager, minutes were kept and nothing was taken off the 'to do' list until it was done. Here it is basically lip service and ego stroking and 99% of the things promised at these meet and greets doesn't eventuate and likely never will. I doubt a list of what was actually 'said' is even kept by the devs or if it is kept it is taken back and shoved in the round filing cabinet on the floor.

Perhaps the governors of each shard can backtrack through previous meet and greets and make a list of all the stuff that has been promised or advised that it 'shouldn't' be a problem or any of the above 'statements', list them and then put a cross against anything that has actually eventuated.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could put this same response in every post lately. "It seems that this dev team doesn't actually play the game, they only code for it". Otherwise they wouldn't be so blind and would have this same opinion about things as we do. They remind me of some of the old stingy Dungeon Masters I used to play with back in the 80s, too afraid to give you anything of value because it might ruin "their campaign".

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think that Cov's idea would not have any effect upon the current corpse rules as they would still have to go through the normal cycle but it could only reduce some of the questions everyone has as to why drops "always" seem to end up in the same few bags...this wouldn't stop the multi guys from trying but it would add some complexity.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't need EM events for drops, start putting nice drops in random 'already in the game' content. Drops should be earned, not scheduled and handed out like freaking candy.
Events have became that vending machine often mentioned.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pro tip: Go to the actions menu and then find "other". Scroll down and find "Clear ignored item list" and drag to a hotbar or make a macro. When you click this it wipes the list of corpses that have already been opened and will give you the object hande to re-open it like it was never opened before.

Yes while that does help it won't do ANYTHING if the corpse has been "changed" and someone used Annimate Corpse on it... once they do that .... it's no longer a corpse and doesn't come up at all .... People used to do this at EM Events back before stuff used to go straight to your pack... and YES that was the way it originally was... it was on the mob and dropped with the corpse loot and you looted it... if you were "lucky" it went into your instanced corpse... however this also meant that occasionally someone would loot the "wrong" corpse and not pick theirs up and when it went public if you already knew what you were looking for you could grab another 1 or sometimes 2... but you had to be super quick... which back then the EC worked for looting public corpses and I could open the corpse and have that item quick as a flash... however with the way things work now.... I wouldn't even be able to open the public corpse without crashing.... so the thought of things going back to that I just have to say NO THANK YOU.

When that corpse was in the middle of a huge fire field littered with bodies of other players it was HELL to find it...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive also believed that events shouldn't be scheduled in advance and they should be different on every shard. This would take the cross sharders out of the mix from farming every event as well as people knowing what theyre gonna fight since they did it already on a different shard. Just have the EM show up at random time and do a event and who ever is online benefits from it. A big part of the problem is most of the rares collectors are EM's or used to be EM and know the people who are doing it, and they share information about them before it happens. I know this for a fact, don't get me wrong, im not saying its all of them but some of them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Different on every shard, or all done at the same time...that would stop some of the multishard collectors as well

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Great DC I've seen this done by EM's in other games, shouting in world chat, but it doesn't really work if most of the shard have turned off global chat...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can remember back in the old days the seers would appear and tell everyone something like "Help needed at Brit Crossroads!!!! Invasion of Ogre Lords underway!" And there would be some there, stronger than usual, and at the end of the battle the seer would award some of the battlers with a named sword or some token...all just totally random and spontaneous.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You would just have to keep it on and pay attention. Of course they would have to scale back the boss encounters in them, just incase there is only a few people there. It beats having to fight against the mass scripting/multiboxing at events it is now. Take the events back to the people that play their shards, not feed into the rich cross sharders.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive also believed that events shouldn't be scheduled in advance and they should be different on every shard. .
lol? They are already different....What EM Events have you actually gone to?

people knowing what theyre gonna fight since they did it already on a different shard.
How often is this a thing? Global Events and thats it. How often are those? Maybe the occasional Asian shard holiday event?

A big part of the problem is most of the rares collectors are EM's or used to be EM and know the people who are doing it, and they share information about them before it happens.
Put on that tinfoil hat buddy, you need it. Absolutely ridiculous

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't need EM events for drops, start putting nice drops in random 'already in the game' content. Drops should be earned, not scheduled and handed out like freaking candy.
So putting them on a mob you can farm afk + script is a better option? EM drops are also related ya know, to the story and the event. You're basically just asking for more artifact drops

Also drops are handed out like candy? What? You have to 1. Attend the event (Which is not an easy thing for everyone) 2. You have to defeat a boss + fight tons of mobs 3. The drops are random BUT you earn points for the kill if you dont get a drop 4. You can "Earn" a drop by doing more events, getting more points, and eventually getting something.

Sure, some people sit until the end and hit the boss once. Yea, they even get drops a lot of the time too. But how is that any different than putting rewards on some mob in Britain Graveyard and having people just camp the thing afk for the drop? (You know, like what already happens to any PvM content with desireable/valuable drops?)

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So putting them on a mob you can farm afk + script is a better option? EM drops are also related ya know, to the story and the event. You're basically just asking for more artifact drops

Also drops are handed out like candy? What? You have to 1. Attend the event (Which is not an easy thing for everyone) 2. You have to defeat a boss + fight tons of mobs 3. The drops are random BUT you earn points for the kill if you dont get a drop 4. You can "Earn" a drop by doing more events, getting more points, and eventually getting something.

Sure, some people sit until the end and hit the boss once. Yea, they even get drops a lot of the time too. But how is that any different than putting rewards on some mob in Britain Graveyard and having people just camp the thing afk for the drop?
Yeah because no ones currently scripting at EM events. And I said "random" meaning ;
1.made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah because no ones currently scripting at EM events. And I said "random" meaning ;
1.made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.
lol what? Lets review some details
1. Make a pool of rewards, or specific rewards that you tie to specific group of mobs or single mob
2. If you make the mob random, then its still going to be a pool of possible spawn points + mobs which can drop the reward
3. Perhaps follow other games with rare mobs which spawn randomly between 24-72 hours or longer, which either gives a garunteed reward or a chance at one. You can even randomize its spawn points.

But it would still be fixed spawn points that people would figure out, and it would still be farmed and scripted to hell.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It'll fix a lot more than blackthorn dungeon, you have no idea.

Ruin EM events? Based on the way you post about them, they're already ruined... What exactly would be ruined about EM events should "direct-to-pack" drops being removed and the "drops" were part of the corpse loot instead?

a scripter can not bypass the private loot phase. If that's not what you're talking about, it can be abused the exact way you describe with the current rules. so there would be no difference under those circumstances.
Most of the time at events, I cant find the corpse because everyone is standing on it and all the pets standing around.

We are fighting a dragon and the corpse has a name like earth elemental. Just like 10 other corpses near it.

I prefer the pack drop.