1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Cu Story

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by SouthPaw, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM.

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

So I have my new tamer up and running and trying to fill his stable. Really wanted a white, black, red, or blaze to make AI/Chiv Cu.

So I start farming them, after awhile the dark blue one spawns, best looking of the blue shades IMO. It has average stats so I tame and stable it.

Awhile goes by and a grey one spawns with very good stats, tame and stable it.

20 minutes or so goes by and a white one spawns. I'm losing my mind with excitement. He put up quite a fight to tame too. Check his stats. Pretty much the worst stats possible. 506 HP and 84 cold resist. Son of a...!

Awhile later a black one spawns, get excited again, tame it pretty easily, check stats, hardly better than the white one!

After that 3 paragons spawned and the 4rth Cu was bugged-stuck on a rock, so I figured that was the UO Gods telling me my cu taming was done for the day.

I plugged the white one's stats in the pet planner, it's around 30% intensity! I wanted to cry, but started building it out anyways in the planner to see what could be done. To my surprise I found I can do the standard AI/Chiv build and fully 120 scroll it, 20/5/30 regens, 700/150/370 stats, and still get 600 HP and 500 mana! Sure I'd prefer 700+ HP, but this pet could still be really good! That was pretty surprising to me.

celticus likes this.
  2. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes the % really does not matter on a Cu. You do everything and hit points are the last thing you increase. And usually you get at least 50 more HP.

SouthPaw likes this.
  3. XeneX

XeneX Adventurer

Keep at it. RNG can be harsh, but can also be kind, and you'll see upgrades for all the colors you like if you stick with it. Lots of folks fall for the gambler's fallacy, that after a few uncommon events (like black/white spawns) it won't happen again soon, but the reality is that every time a Cu spawns the odds of getting colors are precisely the same.

SouthPaw likes this.
  4. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

So I ended up going back and was able to kill the bugged one. After awhile another white one spawned! And guess what? It's just barely better than the first one, 513 HP. I don't get it...all the ones with good stats are the natural colored one. Now all 4 are paragons....

#4 SouthPaw, Mar 14, 2019 at 3:58 PM
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM
    Gardo likes this.
  5. Gardo

Gardo Journeyman

Kill those paragons....

6. Gardo

Gardo Journeyman

Seriously though, that’s a successful cu farming session!

SouthPaw likes this.
  7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

I got on my other tamer and killed the paragons, tamed/released in the cave a lot more cu's, mostly the natural color. There was a brown one that I nearly kept because it had such good stats, but I didn't like the color.

8. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tame 300 each day and in a month you may get a blaze!

9. XeneX

XeneX Adventurer

That's how it goes. I've tamed a decent amount of these and still have yet to find a red or pink over 40%. At the same time I've found a bunch of black/white in the 70's, several other colors in the 80's, and a dull @ 93%.

10. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

I'd really like to get a red/black/white 70%+, of course a blaze would be nice, but I know the odds.

11. Xris

Xris Sage

Ya that's how it goes. I farmed cu's for 2 months looking for a rare color high intensity one. No luck. Then one day I was killing swoop and a 81% ice white strolled down and I tamed it! When you stop trying for one you will get it! :)

12. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

Tried some more last night and this morning, but nothing good spawned. I'll tell you this though, I've become very good at lead taming. Also gave a few cu's away to people who wanted them.

13. ultima2005

ultima2005 Adventurer

Similar thing happened to me. I farmed for a while trying to find a blue LH with no luck. Then I was about to sign off one day, decided to do a quick sweep, and found a very high percentage midnight blue. Love that bird.

#13 ultima2005, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:55 PM
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    Obsidian likes this.
  14. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Yes!! This works!!

15. Synbad

Synbad Sage

Yes they are still good... lately I have been purposely putting only 600 HP on my dogs so I have extra points for other things... works just fine

16. Synbad

Synbad Sage

*passes out* at the exhaustion of thinking of doing that

Gardo likes this.
  17. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

I must have been really lucky the first day having got 2 whites and 1 black. I didn't get anything good yesterday and I was there for quite awhile.

18. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Stay strong son!
    Remember nerves of steel for tamers! (And ofc gluttony for punishment!):devil:

Synbad, SouthPaw and Gardo like this.
  19. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On average, this only gets you a 40% chance. 300 per day for 30 days = 9,000 spawned. Blaze are 1 in 23,000 ish. :(

20. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Keeper

A blaze would be nice, but I'd be happy just to get a red/white/black one with good stats. Despite farming 100's of cu's I have yet to see a wild Red one. The first day I got the luckiest with 2 whites and 1 black, but all with really low stats. Yesterday I probably saw all the blue's/grey/copper/bronze ones multiple times, but no red, white, or black. The RNG hates me long time.