• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to talk about shatter pots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. They shouldn't exist.

These things are ridiculous, and there is only one legitimate tactic for them - trolling. People just run around throwing shatter pots, and run away. The fact that you can get fully stocked, and take 1 shatter potion and it break 45+ potions is absolutely absurd. You take a couple of them from multiple people and you might as well just go back to the bank and stock up.

Since they do exist, can a cap be put on how many pots they break at a reasonable level? Say like 10-15 tops with a 2+ minute cooldown, not just for the THROWER of the pots, but for the person who is HIT by them?

@Kyronix

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shatter potions break a maximum of 30% of your potions & empty bottles.
shatter potions won't break anything if the target is carrying 15 or less potions/bottles in their inventory.
Also not effected by the Enhanced Potions property.

I think shatter potions are fine for the most part... Mainly because potions have become something most pvpers rely very heavily on, (IMO), Potions should be only used when needed, not because they're faster & more convenient than other methods of healing, curing, or dealing damage.

If potions weren't so powerful (Powerful enough to take the place of skills/spells) then I'd have a different opinion on it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a single consumable totally wipes out a characters skill? (Ie alchemists) and or ruins an integral need in the game versus lethal poison and stamina drain?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a single consumable totally wipes out a characters skill? (Ie alchemists) and or ruins an integral need in the game versus lethal poison and stamina drain?
Shatter Potions don't wipe out Alchemy skill if you use your consumables wisely, and you're not carrying more than anyone should need, Right?

Shatter Potions can't break every potion you have. you will always have 15 or more, that is counting empty bottles though, so you may run out of specific types of potions.
Empty bottles shouldn't count (IMO), no one cares if they lose empty bottles... but it's just a buffer to protect those people that pop potions whenever, instead of when it really matters.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shatter Potions don't wipe out Alchemy skill if you use your consumables wisely, and you're not carrying more than anyone should need, Right?

Shatter Potions can't break every potion you have. you will always have 15 or more, that is counting empty bottles though, so you may run out of specific types of potions.
Empty bottles shouldn't count (IMO), no one cares if they lose empty bottles... but it's just a buffer to protect those people that pop potions whenever, instead of when it really matters.
15 potions is a joke. You can get shattered by 5 different ppl over 10 seconds and be down to 15 pots in a a fight

So they break down to what, 1 str, 3 Dex, 1 cure, 2 heals, 3 conflag, 3 refresh and 2 Nova's. Ur done in that fight. Go restock.

And it's not even used as a tactic to fight a char. It's idiots running around tossing them at you and running away, or stealther just shatter potting and smoke bombing.

It's a troll tactic/consumable. Absolutely should not even exist. All it does is hinder gameplay

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
15 potions is a joke. You can get shattered by 5 different ppl over 10 seconds and be down to 15 pots in a a fight

So they break down to what, 1 str, 3 Dex, 1 cure, 2 heals, 3 conflag, 3 refresh and 2 Nova's. Ur done in that fight. Go restock.
Yep, that is fair to me, if you need more potions than that, you should find them on the corpse(s) of the people you've killed.

The underlined part is an opinion, that (IMO) is part of the problem and most modern players seem to share it.
But, 15 potions, especially if you're lucky enough to have 1+ of each type (as you described) is more than enough to kill at least one average player, in which case you should recover what at least you've used and in most cases much more than you started with...

And it's not even used as a tactic to fight a char. It's idiots running around tossing them at you and running away, or stealther just shatter potting and smoke bombing.

It's a troll tactic/consumable.
This is true and as annoying as it is, Unless other potions are looked at to include some form of drawback (cooldown, or some kind of penalty) for using them, as opposed to using skill-based methods to achieve the same result(s).
Shatter potions should not be changed. (IMO)*

*I do like the idea of not being affected by shatter potions more than once for a specified duration though... maybe 30s. which won't stop the trolls btw, the reason I like that idea, is because it doesn't heavily promote group play, while groups would still have the advantage.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shatter pots are just a means for trolling. They really shouldn't be in the game. Let's make a pot that burns band aids and boxes then arrows next.

Either you think you are above what is going on in pvp (you aren't) or you don't pvp at a high level. Consumables are part of game play that all high level pvpers use and for good reason. 30% of pots getting destroyed is a joke. And when it happens over and over in 1v1.. guess what happens.. the person who got shattered will just leave and restock. So, it just ends up hindering pvp. You are probably one of the people that would call someone restocking a win though.

There should be a hard cap AND a timer. I think 10 random BOTTLES is generous and a 1-2 minute cooldown.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL. Wahbulance!!! Ill agree if we also remove novas, and add cooldowns on refresh and cures as well. Also make splinter not proc with any mastery or weapon special. As of right now only thing that sucks about shatters is the interrupt.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i would like to see stealing replace shatter potions.. thief goes on and steals 25% to 50% of your resources has a cd of course.

I really do not mind shatter potions because you can just press one button and reload from your bank or your house.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i would like to see stealing replace shatter potions.. thief goes on and steals 25% to 50% of your resources has a cd of course.

I really do not mind shatter potions because you can just press one button and reload from your bank or your house.
you can't just "go restock" when ur out fighting in the middle of no where, t2a, etc. id be fine with the concept if it didn't exist on a consumable you can get hit by over and over from people and it didn't do SOOO MUCH.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shatter pots are just a means for trolling. They really shouldn't be in the game. Let's make a pot that burns band aids and boxes then arrows next.

Either you think you are above what is going on in pvp (you aren't) or you don't pvp at a high level.
I don't think I'm above what's going on... I'm stating what's really wrong with it.

You don't need "Alchemy" for potions to be effective...
Thus your sarcastic remark of adding new items to break Bandages & Arrows isn't even remotely close in comparison. -You're gonna have to reach further than that...

Consumables are part of game play that all high level pvpers use and for good reason. 30% of pots getting destroyed is a joke. And when it happens over and over in 1v1.. guess what happens.. the person who got shattered will just leave and restock. So, it just ends up hindering pvp. You are probably one of the people that would call someone restocking a win though.

There should be a hard cap AND a timer. I think 10 random BOTTLES is generous and a 1-2 minute cooldown.
That's funny, because it only breaks 15 potions/bottles if you have 50 potions on you, with a 60s cooldown... exactly how many potions do you need?
If you have less then the shatter potions break less.... or nothing.. I'd be fine with it breaking random 10 bottles as long as it doesn't decrease based on how low you are on potions like it does now... (that would be a shatter pot buff btw)

You guys act like not having potions is just as bad as being in stat-loss. It's amusing to say the least.

Last edited:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't think I'm above what's going on... I'm stating what's really wrong with it.

Thus your sarcastic remark of adding new items to break Bandages & Arrows isn't even remotely close in comparison. -You're gonna have to reach further than that...

That's funny, because it only breaks 15 potions/bottles if you have 50 potions on you, with a 60s cooldown... exactly how many potions do you need?
If you have less then the shatter potions break less.... or nothing.. I'd be fine with it breaking random 10 bottles as long as it doesn't decrease based on how low you are on potions like it does now... (that would be a shatter pot buff btw)

You guys act like not having potions is just as bad as being in stat-loss. It's amusing to say the least.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOLOL. Wahbulance!!! Ill agree if we also remove novas, and add cooldowns on refresh and cures as well. Also make splinter not proc with any mastery or weapon special. As of right now only thing that sucks about shatters is the interrupt.
I don't put you in the category of "pvper". You generally die trying to gank (literally just happened 4v2). Or you die in the field just running away and doing nothing else (happened yesterday) or in arena after you cry no poison/splinter on wep and no healing and still die in 20 seconds (yesterday). This is for real pvpers. Not gen chat-ers.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MM.. no i think we are acting like destroying 30% of an inventory with one pot was not thought out. Who cares if you "need" alchemy to be effective- and effective is a relative term. A consumable is a consumable.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't put you in the category of "pvper". You generally die trying to gank (literally just happened 4v2). Or you die in the field just running away and doing nothing else (happened yesterday) or in arena after you cry no poison/splinter on wep and no healing and still die in 20 seconds (yesterday). This is for real pvpers. Not gen chat-ers.
LOLOLOL. Why do you lie about what happened in UO? You did kill get me in the field due to super speed and 10 staright splinter procs, then I asked for a straight mage duel and u came with healing and dp. Once you dped me in the arena I just stood there laughing at you and didn't try to cast, cause you wont mage duel me for real. And just now was a 2v1 gank on foot with no one else around, oh and that was after I killed your first character. Tell the truth big guy!!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like you carry 129-131 potions, you used ~30 potions yourself between being hit by the first and second shatters.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

MM.. no i think we are acting like destroying 30% of an inventory with one pot was not thought out. Who cares if you "need" alchemy to be effective- and effective is a relative term. A consumable is a consumable.
Weren't you defending supernova potions from becoming avoidable? ...You know, where the only way you could miss with it, is if the user screwed up?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just think your opin
LOLOLOL. Why do you lie about what happened in UO? You did kill get me in the field due to super speed and 10 staright splinter procs, then I asked for a straight mage duel and u came with healing and dp. Once you dped me in the arena I just stood there laughing at you and didn't try to cast, cause you wont mage duel me for real. And just now was a 2v1 gank on foot with no one else around, oh and that was after I killed your first character. Tell the truth big guy!!
No.. what happened was you asked for a fight without my wep to splinter/dp and asked no healing. I took off swords and healing. Then afterwards you cried when you got hit with a level 3 poison. I said I would take that off too and you recalled away. little baby. And no you were fighting 4v2, we killed dumpster.. then got on you and you decided to B line it to the server line in hopes of living and it didnt work out for ya when you ran away from your team. Don't ever waste my time soulstoning stuff off to kill you in under 20 seconds again, k thx.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like you carry 129-131 potions, you used ~30 potions yourself between being hit by the first and second shatters.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Weren't you defending supernova potions from becoming avoidable? ...You know, where the only way you could miss with it, is if the user screwed up?
Avoidable? You mean by being aware of where stuff is and simply moving away to avoid the nova? Yeah i was all for that. Was also all for the damage reduction on it. Not sure what your point is?

And other people apparently see being able to destroy 40+ potions with one potion as there being something wrong with it. Glad to have your take on it though. It should do an even number of potions every time. Say 10 and make it randomly spread out. Now why would you have a problem with that? With 1 potion destroying 10 every time?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think shatter pots are absolutely hilarious. I don’t actually use them, but since I solely play to troll at the gate since 2017 UO PvP is a sad sad joke.....buying shatter pots, anyone selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Avoidable? You mean by being aware of where stuff is and simply moving away to avoid the nova?
Yea, that's called don't waste your supernova and use it while You're not close enough to hit with it... IF you missed with a Supernova potion (pre-delay) it's because the user (you) screwed up. It was 100% user failure to miss with supernova potions.

That' being said, You're biased as hell and this is exactly why the Devs should not consider changes based on your opinion in this matter.

And other people apparently see being able to destroy 40+ potions with one potion as there being something wrong with it. Glad to have your take on it though. It should do an even number of potions every time. Say 10 and make it randomly spread out. Now why would you have a problem with that? With 1 potion destroying 10 every time?
If it's set to destroy 10 potions, the user should be able to specify which potions break first.

Otherwise you're rewarded for carrying the most consumables you could possibly carry.
Especially when some consumables don't have a cooldown, cast time, or are interruptible like skilled/spell alternatives.

Could you tell me which potions would be the first to go, if the user could target a specific type? it should be easy.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone is carrying over 100 potions into a fight, then they are very smart and deserve to be shattered. Maybe if people learned how to use the skills on their template better they wouldn't rely on potions so much. I had a good laugh at the words "high level pvper" and "potions" being used in the same sentence. Why do you think no matter what shard you go to there is only the same 20-30 people pvping and no one else. PvP is completely broken and only the egos are left out there zerging dead pvp. LOLOL

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
FAIR WARNING:

Do not take personal shots at one another on this topic. I already see them creeping into the conversation and they're not going to be tolerated.

If you're not able to discuss the topic in an impersonal manner, do not post. Thread bans will be issued where necessary.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think shatter pots are absolutely hilarious. I don’t actually use them, but since I solely play to troll at the gate since 2017 UO PvP is a sad sad joke.....buying shatter pots, anyone selling?

19 million per, roughly 50,000 in stock.

@Cetric, I agree with your thoughts, they were once a necessity (shatters), but now all they do is detract from the fights and nullify entire templates, with as Paithan mentioned...a consumable. *facepalm*

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're not able to discuss the topic in an impersonal manner, do not post.
Impersonal implies posting in a manner not influenced by, showing, or involving personal feelings.

How does one post an impersonal reply to a passionate subject such as shatter pots...or towards UO in any fashion for that matter?

*tips hat*

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I could care less what happens at yew Gate. In fact I would love to see more things that eat into the resources. they are the equivalent of regs and before these kids played UO, Stealing had a impact on fights, stealing your garlic or weapon... Today Shatter potions are the new meta for trolling. As annoying as it is, I think it should stay.

1 deadly pot potions can run though 80 cure poits

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Cetric, I agree with your thoughts, they were once a necessity (shatters), but now all they do is detract from the fights and nullify entire templates, with as Paithan mentioned...a consumable. *facepalm*
Shatter potions have not changed since their inception aside from fixing the double use (bug), which existed with pretty much every targeted potion and has since been fixed....

So how exactly were shatters once a necessity when fewer people relied so heavily on potions than they do now (it's only gotten worse lol) ? -it should be the exact opposite from what you said... as there is no reason to use shatters on someone who doesn't have potions in the first place...and btw, if they're low enough on potions, the shatter pot does nothing (see post #2).

I'm genuinely curious as to how they were once a necessity and are no longer, since they're actually more relevant now than they were in the past?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@CovenantX, shatter pots may not have changed, but the game has changed considerably since they first were introduced.

To answer your questions, one would have to explain the multitude of publishes that have gone by since their arrival into the game. I honestly don't care to go into that in such depth. IMO Paithan and Cetric hit the nail on the head and as such there is no need to hash this out with you.

*tips hat*

btw, I find irony with your thoughts after reading your sig...just saying.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You don't need Alchemy for your potions to be effective, but im like... 99% sure you need potions for alchemy to be effective...

kinda like you need bandages for healing to be effective

or arrows for archery to be effective

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX, shatter pots may not have changed, but the game has changed considerably since they first were introduced.

To answer your questions, one would have to explain the multitude of publishes that have gone by since their arrival into the game. I honestly don't care to go into that in such depth. IMO Paithan and Cetric hit the nail on the head and as such there is no need to hash this out with you.

*tips hat*

btw, I find irony with your thoughts after reading your sig...just saying.
Well, I expected that research would only help my side of the argument anyway...., because the publishes that have the most effects on this topic, is the ease of accessibility of things such as skill point increase items & enhance potions, to allow people the strongest potential potions & more skill-points to make that happen.

Shatter pots don't benefit from EP or alchemy, it's kind of sad that alchemists weakness is another potion, but at least there is something to counter it.

The irony between what I post about shatter pots & my signature, doesn't connect.... there's not much RNG in shatter potions outside of which types of potions it breaks, all potions can make a difference in a fight.... shatters always -30% unless you're 15 potions or less. nor has my opinion changed on this matter and matters shown in my signature.

Oh, Hey, I found your "irony"...

Please nerf Paper, it is wayyyy too overpowered. But leave Scissors alone, it is fine like it is.
Signed-
Rock
You had the wrong guy. :D

You don't need Alchemy for your potions to be effective, but im like... 99% sure you need potions for alchemy to be effective...

kinda like you need bandages for healing to be effective

or arrows for archery to be effective
Sure, you need potions for alchemy to be effective, that's probably why shatter pots won't break all of your potions & they have a 60s cooldown.

You're essentially coming at this argument the same way those in defense of supernovas were.... "I can't kill people without supernova potions, thus they should remain instant use, so I can stack them with my attacks!", it's not true... if it were, none of those people would have been any good at pvp before supernova potions existed...

Alchemy is not a primary source of offense OR defense (nor should it be) though you're talking about it like it is... as if you can't heal or cure yourself without potions.... and quite honestly, if you make your template to rely on potions as a primary anything, you deserve to have shatters be a weakness.

If you run out of potions, it means you used them. a shatter potion won't break your last potions unless you've already used so many you have 70%+ more empty bottles than filled potions for it to even be possible.

Bandages have a delay, they slip for reduced healing, the heal can be nullified (used the correct way...) by bleed/splinter, mortal strike, poison and so on.
Archery-Arrows.... Hehe... really? an archer = near 0 offense without arrows. ( "near 0" because of ML bows (bug)...), so restocking arrows are essential to the templates success.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey maybe if everyone wasn't using poison splinter weapons cause its OP as hell, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Poisoning became OP when the alchy nerf/conflag double throw went into affect. Now if you run outta cures its basically over depending on area your fighting. Just a thought.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People carry too many potions.

There should be a cap of 10 each maybe.

Or maybe potions should not be allowed in Felucca.

That would solve the shatter potion issue.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think Gargoyles shouldn't be allowed to use them.
If human chars cannot throw a boomerang because??
Garg's should not be able to throw a pot cos they have talons and not hands....that's fair right?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you can´t temporarily PvP without pots then perhaps PvP is not for you.
Shatter pots sounds fine the way they are. Sounds like some people who heavily rely on pots have lost a few fights too many because of them and are now crying about it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whether pots are too heavily used or not is irrelevant. This consumable, that takes no skill whatsoever, can not inky break your potions, counter an entire skill, but disrupts casting.

There is no other consumable that does that

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty funny that in one breath warshak defends shatter pots, and in another he complains about lethal poison and that if you run out of cures you are dead... What's another way to lose all your cures? Lol

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shatter pots sounds fine the way they are. Sounds like some people who heavily rely on pots have lost a few fights too many because of them and are now crying about it.
Sounds like you don't pvp, lets keep a thread on PVP base for once instead of just random comments that don't pertain to the subject at hand.

In this day and age of ultima online the PVP meta for OVER 10 years has been potions, why? Well because people hit harder, spells do more, new masteries provided further damaging abilities - such as ways to Deadly Poison someone using a heavy crossbow, Armor got better therefore spamming more spells or special moves, more things take stamina when you are hit by them etc. etc.

My restock personally is 10 str / 10 dex / 25 heals / 25 cures / 40 refresh / 10 conflags / 5 novas / 1 stat potion.
At a full restock, that can last probably 10-15 minutes of pvp, not too bad.

1 shatter pot destroyed 48 potions in my backpack yesterday (down to 77 potions) so now we're at 6-11 minutes of pvp before restock. (that took 1 second)
troll #2 comes along BAM shatter pot another 27 potions gone (down to 50 potions) or 4-7 minutes of pvp.

That was accomplished in 1-2 seconds by simply 2 people throwing 1 potion.

There is no skill involved in that, and if they get a wonderful RNG they could of already took all of your cure pots, or heal pots or blah blah
causing you to have to:

1. try to find a bank (in the middle of all the action your just going to leave your guiild?) what if your spawning?
2. get into a house? (yeah gotta wait 2 mins for that) what if your spawning?
3. Loot a body? sure but now u have to kill someone, try to loot them in the midst of 10 people on your screen trying to rez them / pk you, oh but what if we already shatter potted that person 3 times oh wait they don't have any potions

Literally an endless cycle of trolling and HINDERING pvp with 1 tiny little potion, do you not see the problem here?

My Proposal:
Keep shatter pots on the 1 minute timer, however they should do a FLAT rate of potion removal
Recommendation : 10-15 potions without taking you under 15 or however it works now in that manner.

End Result: Still effective, not nerfed into oblivion, everyones happy (even the trolls still)

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @anyonewhoactuallycaresaboutpvpinthisgamepleasestandup

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyone seems to forget there’s multiple types of pvpers. Ones that spend mils per fight using tele jewls to avoid losing 10k insurance, ones that pvp to pass an hour or two, ones that wear a book and shield and complain pots are newbie, ones that stand in guards and have a macro for bank balance guards...you decide who’s who. I don’t know why this is even a thread. These devs only care about creating sweet deco..

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like certain pvp peeps always are wanting a nerf somewhere.
Anyway
Personally I could care less either way but I have a very vocal friend who says all potion weights should double and shatter potions should only destroy 10 max.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like certain pvp peeps always are wanting a nerf somewhere.
Anyway
Personally I could care less either way but I have a very vocal friend who says all potion weights should double and shatter potions should only destroy 10 max.
Well it’s mostly because the devs literally don’t pvp. Then they make these “focus groups” of non pvpers or people who claim to reign supreme. And break everything. Messana thinks pvp is her [kill command..

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, that's called don't waste your supernova and use it while You're not close enough to hit with it... IF you missed with a Supernova potion (pre-delay) it's because the user (you) screwed up. It was 100% user failure to miss with supernova potions.

That' being said, You're biased as hell and this is exactly why the Devs should not consider changes based on your opinion in this matter.

If it's set to destroy 10 potions, the user should be able to specify which potions break first.

Otherwise you're rewarded for carrying the most consumables you could possibly carry.
Especially when some consumables don't have a cooldown, cast time, or are interruptible like skilled/spell alternatives.

Could you tell me which potions would be the first to go, if the user could target a specific type? it should be easy.
It's quite clear you are biased because you didn't/don't know how to anticipate a nova. The half second delay made no anticipation difference. The opponent still does not know when/if it is coming. People knew when you were getting near nova HP to run away and guess what? The person on offense had 2 options: 1. waste the nova 2. wait til a better time to use it. You always could avoid it. You were just not good at it simply put.

Why should the user specify which potion to break? Because you like that? Well then in my opinion it should either break 10 random potions or if the user choses which potions it breaks it goes down to 3-5.

And yes... people would target heals or cures. In a group fight I would target heals and in 1v1 I would target cures. No body cares about your cooldown argument on pots that have been in the game since day one btw.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey maybe if everyone wasn't using poison splinter weapons cause its OP as hell, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Poisoning became OP when the alchy nerf/conflag double throw went into affect. Now if you run outta cures its basically over depending on area your fighting. Just a thought.
Check my post history. I have been an advocate to say that splinter should not go off with specials, especially DP.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is your pvp char and what shard please? I like to know who is chiming in on pvp discussion.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t pvp but my freinds DID after the new pots and a few other changes they quit
I never even payed attention to what the new pots did (I was away for awhile) after reading this thread
I can see why people are complaining.

Simple fix you can only use pots if you have alchemy / and ?
(Bandaids don’t work unless you have healing anatomy or vet why should pots work if I don’t have skills for them)
You can only have 1 spell book in your backpack at a time
No armor swithing
No weapon switching during battle
Etc. etc.. etc....

They need to balance pure character templates and stop adding more bandaid fixes that complicates this game more

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I don’t pvp but my freinds DID after the new pots and a few other changes they quit
I never even payed attention to what the new pots did (I was away for awhile) after reading this thread
I can see why people are complaining.

Simple fix you can only use pots if you have alchemy / and ?
(Bandaids don’t work unless you have healing anatomy or vet why should pots work if I don’t have skills for them)
You can only have 1 spell book in your backpack at a time
No armor swithing
No weapon switching during battle
Etc. etc.. etc....

They need to balance pure character templates and stop adding more bandaid fixes that complicates this game more
This is AIDS. For the love of GOD please do not take ANY of these suggestions into consideration. I almost expected something like that from a player that started out the reply with "I don't pvp but"

Shatter pots have no use in Uo other than for trolls to shatter your potions and run away. They aren't used for actual pvp or anything other than a trolling mechanism. There are dedicated players in HOT and Hi 5 that only play stealthers that shatter you at run away every minute with no pvp intended. You're basically letting the nonathletic kids sit and toss rocks at the NBA players from the stands, I'm just saying.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He thinks 4 stones per is needed.
I'd probably agree.

If you think about it, people are carrying stacks of 40 potions, and a player is almost unkillable while they have potions.
You have to wear their potions down often, before you can take them out in a fight. We have big fights sure, but taking down that many potions takes time.
You actually need people to run out of potions during a large scale fight.

On a more hardcore scale, I'd say remove potions from PvP, they make it too easy to PvP, too much preparation time, not spontaneous enough to be able to just go out and PvP.

How do those opinions relate to Shatter Potions?
I don't give a monkeys about Shatter Potions, they make the game more as intended.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're basically letting the nonathletic kids sit and toss rocks at the NBA players from the stands, I'm just saying.
Hahahahaha where do I sign up to see this?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd probably agree.

If you think about it, people are carrying stacks of 40 potions, and a player is almost unkillable while they have potions.
You have to wear their potions down often, before you can take them out in a fight. We have big fights sure, but taking down that many potions takes time.
You actually need people to run out of potions during a large scale fight.

On a more hardcore scale, I'd say remove potions from PvP, they make it too easy to PvP, too much preparation time, not spontaneous enough to be able to just go out and PvP.

How do those opinions relate to Shatter Potions?
I don't give a monkeys about Shatter Potions, they make the game more as intended.
Thinking people are unkillable with potions is why you shouldn't chime in. Everyone I kill 1v1 has all potions and same with group fights. Not sure who you are wearing down.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is AIDS. For the love of GOD please do not take ANY of these suggestions into consideration. I almost expected something like that from a player that started out the reply with "I don't pvp but"

Shatter pots have no use in Uo other than for trolls to shatter your potions and run away. They aren't used for actual pvp or anything other than a trolling mechanism. There are dedicated players in HOT and Hi 5 that only play stealthers that shatter you at run away every minute with no pvp intended. You're basically letting the nonathletic kids sit and toss rocks at the NBA players from the stands, I'm just saying.
If it’s “AIDS” then why do I have 120 healing to use bandages but zero skill to use pots made by an alchemist

I should be able to use lethal poisoning as well with zero skill

Status
Not open for further replies.